Tony Watt signs

Generic Username

Dundee United's big earners from last season?

Eiji Kawashima, Guy Demel, Billy McKay, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Ryan McGowan and quite a few others will have been earning very decent money. They had a ridiculous number of players too.

I still suspect we had a bigger budget but they definitely spent big last season.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

The .net perspective.

HIBERNIAN-0762 06:51 PM Today

Who cares who they sign? they are crap and they know it, finishing 3rd in arguably the worst SPFL in recent times.

Sorry, you finished where in what league?

:rofl: fud

Think that's the best yet!

Irony!

The .net perspective.

HIBERNIAN-0762 06:51 PM Today

Who cares who they sign? they are crap and they know it, finishing 3rd in arguably the worst SPFL in recent times.

Sorry, you finished where in what league?

:rofl: fud

He was the punter who slagged us about not letting go of 5-1.

A fud with no self awareness.

Dundee United's big earners from last season?

Eiji Kawashima, Guy Demel, Billy McKay, Florent Sinama-Pongolle, Ryan McGowan and quite a few others will have been earning very decent money. They had a ridiculous number of players too.

I still suspect we had a bigger budget but they definitely spent big last season.

This is a bit out of date however it shows them high up the league as far as wages are concerned.

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1321105-celtics-average-wage-bill-is-25-times-higher-than-ross-countys/

Ferryjambo99

Think that's the best yet!

Irony!

I had a hibs fan tell me they'd have finished 2nd in the premiership last season. All you can do is smile and nod while trying not to blow out your sphincter from the internal laughter

That'll be why the fuds won their holy grail then eh!! Fud

what a strange post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

what a strange post

Not just me then :laugh:

I have such a good feeling about this that I wish it was a signing rather than a loan.

Very best of luck to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tony Watt is back in Scottish football after completing his season-long loan move to Hearts and the 22-year-old insists home comforts can help him thrive at Tynecastle.

The former Celtic marksman, who plans to move back in with his parents, completed the switch from Charlton on Wednesday after undergoing a medical, but a groin injury and a Europa League signing deadline means he will not be available for Thursday evening's visit of Birkirkara.

Questions have been raised over his work rate in the past and Scotland assistant manager Mark McGhee admitted in March he would love to 'smack him around' prior to Watt's international debut against the Czech Republic.

But the player insisted the stability of being back in the family home can help him put all his energy into football.

'I'm still young and I know I've got my career in front of me,' he said. 'I want to come back and play games.

'Hearts are a big club and I want to come back and get some stability in my life and kick on. I had a stop-start season last year due to a few things: injuries, a transfer embargo (at Cardiff). Then I went back to Charlton and it wasn't for me. I wanted to be closer to home.

'It won't take me time to settle. I'll be back at my mum and dad's house. I want to play 40 games a season and I want to be back closer to my family.

'Sometimes it's difficult being away from home since I was 18, 19 and maybe it' s time for a year or two to come back, settle down and kick on.'

A groin complaint brought last season to a premature end for Watt during his time at Blackburn Rovers but the marksman is targeting a debut in the Europa League third qualifying round against Russian side Krasnodar, providing Robbie Neilson's side can see off Maltese outfit Birkirkara in this evening's second leg.

Watt added: 'I did my physio at Hampden over the summer. I missed the last month of the season last year but I should be OK now. I just need game time. I took it slowly and watched my rehab. It's gone fine I think.

'I'm not far away. I would hope to be involved in the first leg and, hopefully, a big part in the second leg and the first Premiership game against Celtic.

'There's a good squad here but, if I do my own thing, I'm sure I can be challenging to start every game and play a big role in the season.'

Son Of Anarchy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Tony Watt is back in Scottish football after completing his season-long loan move to Hearts and the 22-year-old insists home comforts can help him thrive at Tynecastle.

The former Celtic marksman, who plans to move back in with his parents, completed the switch from Charlton on Wednesday after undergoing a medical, but a groin injury and a Europa League signing deadline means he will not be available for Thursday evening's visit of Birkirkara.

Questions have been raised over his work rate in the past and Scotland assistant manager Mark McGhee admitted in March he would love to 'smack him around' prior to Watt's international debut against the Czech Republic.

But the player insisted the stability of being back in the family home can help him put all his energy into football.

'I'm still young and I know I've got my career in front of me,' he said. 'I want to come back and play games.

'Hearts are a big club and I want to come back and get some stability in my life and kick on. I had a stop-start season last year due to a few things: injuries, a transfer embargo (at Cardiff). Then I went back to Charlton and it wasn't for me. I wanted to be closer to home.

'It won't take me time to settle. I'll be back at my mum and dad's house. I want to play 40 games a season and I want to be back closer to my family.

'Sometimes it's difficult being away from home since I was 18, 19 and maybe it' s time for a year or two to come back, settle down and kick on.'

A groin complaint brought last season to a premature end for Watt during his time at Blackburn Rovers but the marksman is targeting a debut in the Europa League third qualifying round against Russian side Krasnodar, providing Robbie Neilson's side can see off Maltese outfit Birkirkara in this evening's second leg.

Watt added: 'I did my physio at Hampden over the summer. I missed the last month of the season last year but I should be OK now. I just need game time. I took it slowly and watched my rehab. It's gone fine I think.

'I'm not far away. I would hope to be involved in the first leg and, hopefully, a big part in the second leg and the first Premiership game against Celtic.

'There's a good squad here but, if I do my own thing, I'm sure I can be challenging to start every game and play a big role in the season.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html#ixzz4Ezvr4Z3k

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html#ixzz4EzvRjApQ

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html#ixzz4EzvIEebY

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3700416/Home-heart-Tony-Watt-new-Hearts-striker-prepares-parents-sealing-loan-transfer.html#ixzz4EzvBsVmI

I think him being at home is going to make a massive difference. Everything I've read so far says or points to homesickness and in a young lad like Tony that can be the make or break for him. If your homesick your not happy. If your not happy your mind is elsewhere and in turn both your confidence and attitude are effected. His talent is obvious and I have a great feeling its going to be unleashed whilst playing for the famous. Welcome to Gorgie Tony Watts. Let's hope wearing maroon makes you happy and leads to plenty of goals in return!

Welcome Tony to the pride of Edinburgh hope you rattle in a load of goals for us .

They really are a bunch of idiots. They talk with an air of authority as if they were top 3 regulars in the Spl when trying to demean us finishing 3rd. Nothing better than a bottom 6 club when they are actually in the Big League.

They struggle to finish in the top 6 ....the pish that they are.

A good stat for Hobos is that since 1998 Hearts have finished at least 3rd in the top league 7 times. Hibs have done it twice.

Tony appears to have a global appeal. Maybe the away top is a ploy by Ann to flog some tops in the Far East. We will certainly stand out, as I can't think of another team with a pink and yellow top.

If you want an honest answer, and please don't join the boring ranks of 'you must be a Hibs fan' but I used to more years ago. And obviously romping the Championship was great by all at Tynie in recent times. But lately I'm probably rebelling a bit against the blind adulation on here of all going on lately.

I don't like the pink tubing. Appreciate years ago but why not painted over or replaced? I think the new stand is too small and lacks ambition. The new away kit is ridiculous. Our current financial position is very healthy regardless of administration. But our signings remain set to battle for 4th. No more.

I don't like the headmistress atmosphere at Tynie now. It comes from a good place but has went too far.

We laud Robbie for finishing 3rd. With the league's 3rd biggest wage bill. Who are we amazed we finished above? Serious question. Killie? Utd?

Our playing style remains dull. Our youth policy has been terrible for years. That our last CF of note was Robbo is sackable in itself for those managing this.

The statue looks weird too. And is in a weird part of the stadium.

So there you go. At the end of the day I want the best for Hearts. That means being a demanding customer. Not an obliging sheep.

I don't dispute Budge wants the best too. Doesn't mean I have to nod along. It's not North Korea. And it's not like she's no going to get her money back. The fans investing ?2m a year won't. That's where the adulation belongs. Exceptional.

You can give me all the, why are you on here, you're a Hibs fan, etc etc. But I'm the first to applaud. Just seems I'm no feeling it just now. Maybe that's being in ur 40s for you.

Anyway. You asked. It's an opinion game.

Not even worth dissecting this. Such a strange time to be a negative hearts fan!

First signing I've actually thought, wow this is good. Robbie and Craig have done well.

Over to you Tony to show us what you can do.

FWIW I was over in Prague watching the Scotland game and was impressed by Watt when he came on.

fabienleclerq

If you want an honest answer, and please don't join the boring ranks of 'you must be a Hibs fan' but I used to more years ago. And obviously romping the Championship was great by all at Tynie in recent times. But lately I'm probably rebelling a bit against the blind adulation on here of all going on lately.

I don't like the pink tubing. Appreciate years ago but why not painted over or replaced? I think the new stand is too small and lacks ambition. The new away kit is ridiculous. Our current financial position is very healthy regardless of administration. But our signings remain set to battle for 4th. No more.

I don't like the headmistress atmosphere at Tynie now. It comes from a good place but has went too far.

We laud Robbie for finishing 3rd. With the league's 3rd biggest wage bill. Who are we amazed we finished above? Serious question. Killie? Utd?

Our playing style remains dull. Our youth policy has been terrible for years. That our last CF of note was Robbo is sackable in itself for those managing this.

The statue looks weird too. And is in a weird part of the stadium.

So there you go. At the end of the day I want the best for Hearts. That means being a demanding customer. Not an obliging sheep.

I don't dispute Budge wants the best too. Doesn't mean I have to nod along. It's not North Korea. And it's not like she's no going to get her money back. The fans investing ?2m a year won't. That's where the adulation belongs. Exceptional.

You can give me all the, why are you on here, you're a Hibs fan, etc etc. But I'm the first to applaud. Just seems I'm no feeling it just now. Maybe that's being in ur 40s for you.

Anyway. You asked. It's an opinion game.

You sound like you need something to moan about to be happy if I'm honest.

The "pink tubing" come on that even bothers you? The size of the stand will take us to 20,000 which is far more than the average Hearts crowd since I started watching, I get where you are coming from but I'm confident we will be debt free with the potential to extend the wheatfield and or the roseburn if we are filling the ground each week. The main stand being 100 years old is the main reason for redevelopment not increased capacity.

I agree finishing third is the least I expected and we've done that, this is our first year back in the top league some of the players needed to adjust as did our young manager and we punched our weight. Hearts played some great stuff at the start of the year then tailed off once we were well in front of fourth. We managed to start giving Celtic a game. It's about improving year on year and we're doing that.

What the fans are doing and have done is great but it wouldn't be possible without Mrs Budge, she's facilitated it all and let's not forget the best bit is she's running the club atm. As for the atmosphere it's been shite for years AB asking neds not to set off pyro or sing about being up to their knees for 400 years hasn't changed that. We have a tonnes of great songs if moaning old 40+ would start or even join in then the atmosphere would improve!

Can we not just put some yellow paint to the pink tubing? That way it becomes a nod to our proud history.

As for Watt, does anyone know the extent of his groin injury?

craig.still1

I'm beginning to remember why I hadn't bothered with JKB for a while.

He's not had a great recent history but going by his highlight reel, he's got a bit of everything that we don't have. Pace, ability and composure in front of goal.

Hope he does well.

He played in a friendly for Charlton last week so I'd say he's recovered from the injury.

Good news.

Clerry Jambo

Tony Watt snubbed the opportunity to join Sevco before signing a season long loan deal with Hearts.

The striker has played for four different clubs since being sold by Celtic to Standard Liege in a ?1.1m deal in July 2014.

When word got out that Watt was looking for a loan move to a Scottish club Mark Warburton was quickly in contact but was told that a move to Ibrox was a non-starter.

Moving to Tynecastle should provide the striker with the perfect platform to showcase his talent starting with a mouth watering clash against Celtic on August 6 at Tynecastle.

Speaking to Hearts TV Watt said: ?I?m still young and I?ve got a large chunk of my career ahead of me, so I want to come back up here and play games.

?This is a big club and I want to come back to Scotland and get a bit of stability. I had a stop-start season last year for a variety of reasons, both in terms of injury and being out on loan at a few clubs.

?I?m not far away in terms of fitness, I?m ready to go and just need game time really so I?m looking forward to getting started. I?ve never played at Tynecastle before, I?ve been on the bench here once but that?s it.

?I?m looking forward to playing here and hopefully the fans will be cheering my name.?

Watt will watch his new team-mates in Europa League action tonight at home to Birkirkara with Robbie Neilson?s side favourites to go through after drawing the first leg 0-0.

gashauskis9

Not seen any from Robbie but this whas a quote from Tony Watt on the HMFC website.

?I?m not far away in terms of fitness, I?m ready to go and just need game time really.

This is my only concern, that once again we've signed a striker with a previous bad injury or fitness niggles. I get that everyone is saying its a low risk signing in terms of financials, but I consider it to be higher risk if we're unlikely to see him for a month or two and when we do he's wrapped in cotton wool.

Welcome to Tynecastle Tony.

Scoring the winner on your league debut would be nice....!!

A bit old at 31 but Craig Conway is available I think.

I mention this merely as he was a protege of CL at DUFC

Sack that swanson was guff he would be too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah. The pink tubing bothers me. Why? Cos we're a football club. And some zoomer at my club signed off on this. And it looks ridiculous. And I've no answer when Hibs fans ridicule it. And nobody since had sorted it. Instead they've added pink to the away strip.

And no, I'm no delighted with Watt. He'll be at Livi in 3 years.

Sorry I'm not clapping along to these things like some drones on here. We got ?1.5m we didn't see coming for Sow. Spend it on the team. Or give FOH a year's refund. Don't say we need it for the stand. It wasn't budgeted for.

I'm not on here posting to make pals. But we need to be able to pressure the club for better on all fronts and not just shrug and say, hey we used to be in administration. We're not now. And we're financially healthy. We can do better than Watt and Muirhead.

And sort the tubing. Don't just accept it cos it's been there for years. It's a red kip. Honestly.

Wonder if there's any clauses for us to sign him permanently. If the papers are to believed he won't ever sign for Rangers so unless Celtic come back calling the Hearts will be his best option for a couple years back in Scotland.

When's his contract due?

Unknown user

When you start getting upset at what hibs fans say, it's your problem not the club's.

It's much cheaper for everyone if you just get over it like a grown man in his 40s would

Wonder if there's any clauses for us to sign him permanently. If the papers are to believed he won't ever sign for Rangers so unless Celtic come back calling the Hearts will be his best option for a couple years back in Scotland.

When's his contract due?

Signed a 3.5 year deal with Charlton on 6th January 2015. Summer 2018 then.

Yeah. The pink tubing bothers me. Why? Cos we're a football club. And some zoomer at my club signed off on this. And it looks ridiculous. And I've no answer when Hibs fans ridicule it. And nobody since had sorted it. Instead they've added pink to the away strip.

Sorry I'm not clapping along to these things like some drones on here. We got ?1.5m we didn't see coming for Sow. Spend it on the team. Or give FOH a year's refund. Don't say we need it for the stand. It wasn't budgeted for.

I'm not on here posting to make pals. But we need to be able to pressure the club for better on all fronts and not just shrug and say, hey we used to be in administration. We're not now. And we're financially healthy. We can do better than Watt and Muirhead.

And sort the tubing. Don't just accept it cos it's been there for years. It's a red kip. Honestly.

I swore I wasn't going to reply to negative posts but you are surely having a laugh if you expect us to believe you are a Hearts fan.  

Every post you have made has been a dig at our club and you seriously need to have a look at your life if this what you need to do to give your life meaning. So sad and hilarious in equal measures. 

Bit early for glue?

Jambof3tornado

I swore I wasn't going to reply to negative posts but you are surely having a laugh if you expect us to believe you are a Hearts fan.

Every post you have made has been a dig at our club and you seriously need to have a look at your life if this what you need to do to give your life meaning. So sad and hilarious in equal measures.

All of this. Total helmet.

He's not even the worst. I cringe at picturing the sad neurotic souls in front of these screens sometimes. Unhappy to derive happiness out of anything, life is a dark place with no upside on any news. Life's losers.

A lot of the time I think they troll with these ultra-negative (eg hysterically writing off talented young players) comments in the hope of being corrected and told it's going to be okay.

Maroonblood22

You're not happy about us singing a young Scottish internationalist no? And livi in three years :lol:

Please, tell; us who you think we should be signing right now instead of guys like this?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

TBF I could imagine quite a few well known posters writing that too.

Back to Watt, it appears he told Sevco to shove their contact up their own arse.

I like him already. It's not something you see every day, at least when we play those ***** we'll have a player desperate to get one over on them. Only downside is he's Celtic daft. If he's even half the player Hartley was

:clumshot:

By far the best signing this summer

Definitely either a troll, an undercover hobo or a simpleton.

Maroonblood22

In fact scrap that mate, your issues with the 'pink tubing' suggest there's not much point.

Unknown user

There is only one real tube on this thread.

Take that to the bank.

Imagine having no answer to the Lochend Cockends.

:rofl:

Blows my mind that, especially now that they're officially lower league shite without even a parachute payment to their name

Cammo probably wakes up in cold sweats having nightmares about the faded seats in the roseburn stand.

maltese jambo

Whilst I'd love to see a conventional attacking midfielder of quality come in, I'm more than happy enough with Djoum and Walker doing that job just now.

Wish we'd play Djoum further forward though.

Sack that swanson was guff he would be too

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What does that mean in English?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Definitely either a troll, an undercover hobo or a simpleton.

A hobo OR a simpleton surely they are the same thing anyway !

Getintaethem

The last thing any Hearts fan would be worried about is the colour of the framework of the stands. It's only mentioned by desperate hobos who have nothing else to cling on to after 22-in-a-row, 4-0 in a semi, 5-1 in THE cup final, the regelation derby, being humped by our under 20's when we were in admin and they thought "it was their time" and still knocking about in the lower leagues for 3 feckin years. Seriously, pink tubing is the last thing they should be worrying about.

Archived