**Summer 2016 Transfer Thread**

Chaps

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What odds did you get on that?

?20 off my mate [emoji23] They've got the Champions League to put up with and the other top sides are going to spend massive.

?20 off my mate [emoji23] They've got the Champions League to put up with and the other top sides are going to spend massive.

Fair enough haha! I think it is a sound bet though as I think if Vardy leaves one of Kante or Mahrez will depart also. And as you said, being in the Champions League will take it's toll on the rest of the squad.

chester copperpot

Niko Kranjcar to sign for Sevco on 2 year deal today. Holt clearly isn't in Warburton's plans.

Signed yesterday apparently

We_are_the_Hearts

So they now have Barton, Krancjar, Rossiter, Halliday and Holt for central midfield? Can't see Jason getting many starts. Is that Warburton doing a Robbie and strengthening central midfield for the big league?

Nookie Bear

Niko Kranjcar to sign for Sevco on 2 year deal today. Holt clearly isn't in Warburton's plans.

He'll not be cheap.

August Landmesser

Holt might be good for Dundee Utd, if he ends up being third or fourth choice at Ibrokes. He could become the James Keatings of midfield, getting teams promoted and then moving on...

He's only 31, good signing sadly.

Kranjcar was a class act at Spurs, though his career has taken a nose dive since then. Having said that, I'm more worried about this signing than I was with Barton. He's not only younger but I think having an out and out attacking midfielder makes them a different proposition to Barton who by the sounds of it is going to be deployed in a role similar to Kitchen.

Holt might be good for Dundee Utd, if he ends up being third or fourth choice at Ibrokes. He could become the James Keatings of midfield, getting teams promoted and then moving on...

It all comes down to whether he wants regular game time as much as he wanted at Hearts, or whether he is happy to be the Sevco version of Scott Allan. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. As Nookie Bear said, Kranjcar isn't going to be cheap and isn't coming here to bench warm.

LarrysRightFoot

It all comes down to whether he wants regular game time as much as he wanted at Hearts, or whether he is happy to be the Sevco version of Scott Allan. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. As Nookie Bear said, Kranjcar isn't going to be cheap and isn't coming here to bench warm.

Thought he was one of Spurs (several) standouts when they gubbed us.

A real talent I thought. Surprised he ended up in the US at still a young age.

Think he is injured just now though so it may be a gamble but if it pays off he will be a very good signing.

He's only 31, good signing sadly.

He may only be 31 but he hasn't looked interested now for the last couple of years.

I think fitness and motivation will be the main thing, if he can be bothered he'll do well but think this is just another pay day for him.

We_are_the_Hearts

Indeed we will see how much of the decision to not sign a contract with us was actually money orientated which I believe it was.

Thought he was one of Spurs (several) standouts when they gubbed us.

A real talent I thought. Surprised he ended up in the US at still a young age.

Think he is injured just now though so it may be a gamble but if it pays off he will be a very good signing.

If he is anything like the player he was at Spurs then he will sadly be an outstanding signing. Though as you said, it is very strange he ended up in America at a young age. Dado Prso is Croatian and has questioned the signing, sighting he's not sure if he will be up to the physical demands of the SPL though also admitted he hasn't really followed his career recently.

Rudolf's Mate

He may only be 31 but he hasn't looked interested now for the last couple of years.

I think fitness and motivation will be the main thing, if he can be bothered he'll do well but think this is just another pay day for him.

I know people often say it but his legs have gone. He likes time on the ball as well and he won't get that here.

Brilliant player though.

Indeed we will see how much of the decision to not sign a contract with us was actually money orientated which I believe it was.

Billy King certainly seemed happy at being a Sevco impact sub, but not at Hearts. That agent all the young players seem to have just stirs shit up. I can imagine Levein has rightly told him to bolt and he is in the huff and using Holt and King to spite Levein. He will no doubt be on the phone to Sevco constantly as he knows they are the only ones stupid enough to bow to his mental wage demands for his average clients.

August Landmesser

I'd imagine the money might buy Holt a nice cushion for the bench. I must say I wouldn't expect him to walk away from whatever he's on.

Hope I'm wrong though, he could do well for a decent Championship or bottom-eight Prem side, and get a decent run of games out of it.

I'd imagine the money might buy Holt a nice cushion for the bench. I must say I wouldn't expect him to walk away from whatever he's on.

Hope I'm wrong though, he could do well for a decent Championship or bottom-eight Prem side, and get a decent run of games out of it.

He signed a long term deal recently so wouldn't surprise me if he sits on it and gets loaned out to a host of clubs over the next 5 seasons. We all know one club who love a loan deal, however I doubt they would do any business with them after the Cup Final. As annoying as it is, the Blue Bigots will continue to sign players like Kranjcar, who will all be ahead of Holt in the pecking order.

August Landmesser

Steven Fletcher, Scotland's No 1 striker, released by Sunderland

Which won't affect his place in the Scotland team one bit.

Grrr.

Steven Fletcher, Scotland's No 1 striker, released by Sunderland

Celtic bound apparently. No Premier League side would go near him. If Rhodes starts banging them in in the Premier League next season it will be interesting to see if Strachan has the courage to admit he made a mistake and at least call the guy up.

Getintaethem

Rangers are skint Lolz :(

Signing players past their sell by date on ludicrous salaries, with no sell on value, brought Oldco down. Looks like Newco didn't learn much from that.

Liverpool bid ?9.5 million for Polish midfielder Piotr Zielinski after the player rejects Napoli move awaiting contact from Liverpool

He is contracted to Udinese but was on loan at Empoli last season

Given the links with Watford it is a surprise Udinese are not considering trying to get him to move there but it seems the player is holding out for Liverpool......there are pictures from earlier this season of him wearing a Liverpool top

kingantti1874

I know people often say it but his legs have gone. He likes time on the ball as well and he won't get that here.

Brilliant player though.

He got plenty when Spurs smashed is 5-0.. An absolute stand out that night..

Rudolf's Mate

He got plenty when Spurs smashed is 5-0.. An absolute stand out that night..

My comments related to his time at QPR.

I saw him in the flesh numerous times down here at Pompey and he was without a doubt one of the most technically gifted players I've seen and that's saying something. Seemed to have nearly everything in his locker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manchester City now beginning to flex their financial muscle once more with the possible signing of one of Germanys best young talents Leroy Sane from Schalke....50 million euros quoted

With the previous signing of Gundogan (who won't be fit until September at least) they are looking to bounce back

Paul Hanlon signs new 3 year deal with Hibs..........I did think he would be off to Aberdeen

There's ambition for you!

Paul Hanlon signs new 3 year deal with Hibs..........I did think he would be off to Aberdeen

Terrified of being found out. He's comfortable at hibs, has a decent wage and it's easy money. The fans don't ask for much because they know longer know what it means to have a lot.

Had a little look on .net

Laughing instantly.

Originally Posted by Hamish:

Nade caused most other teams in the Championship problems last season. If we had been promoted then I agree no chance. To get us out this league, on a 12 month deal, in my opinion, he would do us a turn.

Jamtarts-1874

Free! That will likely be the signing of the summer.

He is an average player that barely ever started for an average Valencia side in his latter seasons. Valencia have wanted rid for a while.

Jason Cummings to Trabzonspor and 37 year old Clint Hill to sign for Sevco on 1 year deal.

From a Hearts point of view Sevco's signings are great...if in another world I was a Sevconian I would be pretty angry at the addition of someone like Hill and Barton to boot...sends out all the wrongs signals for a healthy younger approach to the squad...older players have a role of course but in this context not healthy from their point of view but great for the opposition :) as a younger player you would relish coming up against on old cart-horse like this.....

Took them to finish outside the top six.

What's the monk got to say about it..?

Michael_Jackson

From a Hearts point of view Sevco's signings are great...if in another world I was a Sevconian I would be pretty angry at the addition of someone like Hill and Barton to boot...sends out all the wrongs signals for a healthy younger approach to the squad...older players have a role of course but in this context not healthy from their point of view but great for the opposition :) as a younger player you would relish coming up against on old cart-horse like this.....

You would be disappointed with the signing of Joey Barton for footballing reasons? In the Scottish Premiership?

The guy was one of three players in the burnley championship winning team that made it into the team of the year.

Non footballing reasons, I can understand. Citing football reasons for not signing Joey Barton in this league is laughable.

You would be disappointed with the signing of Joey Barton for footballing reasons? In the Scottish Premiership?

The guy was one of three players in the burnley championship winning team that made it into the team of the year.

Non footballing reasons, I can understand. Citing football reasons for not signing Joey Barton in this league is laughable.

I was just touching (so to speak) on Barton in the post buddy in the wider context of if they also sign Hill..my opinions on Barton are in the Barton thread...so not going over old ground..

But yeah laughable IMHO for a club the size of Sevco (in terms of the number of folk who follow them and resources available) to sign Barton as a footballer and otherwise, end of IMHO...joke in every way...

I would take Barton ahead of Cowie.

Bit silly that in terms of we couldnt afford Barton's wages so its not very like for like.... :/

The Internet

Surprised Rangers aren't going for Greer if they think Hill is worth a punt. There's definitely no harm in signing street-wise experienced players like that when you come back up to the premiership, plus they've got in the likes of Rossiter and WIndass in who are young players with a lot of promise. Barton is and always has been better than Cowie but his wages and previous clubs clearly reflect that. Weird comparison to make really.

Michael_Jackson

Bit silly that in terms of we couldnt afford Barton's wages so its not very like for like.... :/

Please name a like for like with Barton that would have signed for Rangers?

Archived