US Elections 2016

JamboX2

alwaysthereinspirit

Trump has absolutely zero political experience.

His policies that he shouted about during the campaign are impossible to be implemented.

He believes climate change is a hoax.

He has said the most ridiculous things:

"An ?extremely credible source? has called my office and told me that Barack Obama?s birth certificate is a fraud?

"You know, it really doesn?t matter what the media write as long as you?ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass."

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man ? he made a good decision."

"I will build a great wall ? and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me ? and I?ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Why is it a good idea that this man leads the most powerful country on earth? How can anyone truly believe that a Trump presidency is a good idea?

Maybe he does build great walls. Not to the Chinese level of great walls but it could be a very good wall. We wont know for a while. Maybe after the finish coat is on.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Riddley Walker

But look at his life - he is so clearly not incompetent.

On judging his actions of the past year or so, i think he appears to be utterly incompetent in regards to the job as President.

It's not a unitary state, it's the "United States." States provide their electors separately, then they're brought together.

It's not fair, but it's a deeper part of the system and would be a bigger change than moving from first past the post to PR.

Perhaps a compromise would be to share out the EC votes per State in proportion to votes?  E.g. Democrat candidate gets 2/3rds of vote in California, Republican gets 1/3 therefore 2/3rds of California's EC votes go to the Democratic Party candidate etc etc etc

It will impact us all - no doubt. But it is not our call to make.

Do u honestly think Trump will either become or last a month as president?.

Theres a sniper winking directly at him, waiting for the order. Maybe Farage will be cuddling him at the time.

I have personally loved the seethe over the past couple of days

There is nothing like a democratic election to bring out an anti-democracy feeling.  I seen it with Indyref, Brexit and now this.  Not long before recounts and and another election are demanded by them.  These people in question always blame someone for it.  Indyref was the elderly, Brexit was the racists and now it is the poor uneducated.  FFS everyone is entitled to a vote ffs. Someone posted on social media "**** off Birmingham" after Brexit.  Seriously how dare they.  How dare they suggest that only they can have a say and Birmingham can't.

I'm not sure anyone did, did they?

Calling Mexicans rapists on the other hand...

Exactly.  A wall already exists and it is border control.  Trump suggests completing the already existing wall and he is a racist.  

His rapist comments were quite bad but like most things were taken out of context by the world media propaganda machine.  

What I found staggering were the amount of Muslims, Hispanics and Black Americans who voted Trump.  The BBC would never ever have mentioned this pre election.  There were organised "Muslims for Trump" groups ffs.  Not a peep in the media world.  It clearly was not all that bad.

I have personally loved the seethe over the past couple of days

Agreed.  What a lark this democracy caper is..........some serial losers are utterly spewing at yet another shoeing from the man on the street.  France next........................

Agreed.  What a lark this democracy caper is..........some serial losers are utterly spewing at yet another shoeing from the man on the street.  France next........................

Italy and Spain all within a year i believe.  All shoe ins for the right.  Seethe ahoy!

Except 'right' is a synonym for 'racist' for these clowns.

Edited by i8hibsh

:afro:

It'll be Ruthie next.

:tank:

Wee Patrick Harvie will be poking his wee face in the shot too determined to be noticed, bless him.

Edited by i8hibsh

Shooter McGavin

There is nothing like a democratic election to bring out an anti-democracy feeling. I seen it with Indyref, Brexit and now this. Not long before recounts and and another election are demanded by them. These people in question always blame someone for it. Indyref was the elderly, Brexit was the racists and now it is the poor uneducated. FFS everyone is entitled to a vote ffs. Someone posted on social media "**** off Birmingham" after Brexit. Seriously how dare they. How dare they suggest that only they can have a say and Birmingham can't.

Agree with you mate, from what I've seen on social media everybody who voted Trump is automatically a sexist, homophobic rapist. Utter madness.

People have spat the dummy right out over there.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

alwaysthereinspirit

I'm not sure anyone did, did they?

Calling Mexicans rapists on the other hand...

If of course he had indeed called ALL Mexicans rapists. Didn't fit the media agenda at that time though.

Donald Trump commander in chief of the United States , army , navy and airforce , ... wow!!!!!!

On the plus side he doesn't believe he has a relationship with a wee man in the sky which is a huge thing for the United States of Jesus.

George.W.Bush

:facepalm:

Francis Albert

Exactly.  A wall already exists and it is border control.  Trump suggests completing the already existing wall and he is a racist.  

His rapist comments were quite bad but like most things were taken out of context by the world media propaganda machine.  

What I found staggering were the amount of Muslims, Hispanics and Black Americans who voted Trump.  The BBC would never ever have mentioned this pre election.  There were organised "Muslims for Trump" groups ffs.  Not a peep in the media world.  It clearly was not all that bad.

CNN reported that more Hispanics voted for Trump than for Romney last time. Other minority ethnic groups failed to turn out for Clinton in the way they did for Obama. White women without college degrees voted 2 to 1 in favour of Trump. Clearly a lot of people didn't see the "racist and misogynist" image that the media obsessed about as the over-riding factor.

Rudolf's Mate

Exactly. A wall already exists and it is border control. Trump suggests completing the already existing wall and he is a racist.

What I found staggering were the amount of Muslims, Hispanics and Black Americans who voted Trump. The BBC would never ever have mentioned this pre election. There were organised "Muslims for Trump" groups ffs. Not a peep in the media world. It clearly was not all that bad.

Whilst I couldn't believe his comments in that press conference he didn't say that all Mexicans are rapists and said that he wanted to prevent the criminals, rapists & illegal immigrants getting in.

Still pretty shocking though.

Shooter McGavin

Agreed. What a lark this democracy caper is..........some serial losers are utterly spewing at yet another shoeing from the man on the street. France next........................

For a country that prides themselves on being "Land of the free" they sure do react badly to democracy......

Space Mackerel

Trump's first day at the Oval Office after being elected President.

First briefing to the President by CIA, Pentagon, FBI:

Trump: We must destroy ISIS immediately. No delays.

CIA: We cannot do that, sir. We created them along with Turkey, Saudi, Qatar and others.

Trump: The Democrats created them.

CIA: We created ISIS, sir. You need them or else you would lose funding from the natural gas lobby.

Trump: Stop funding Pakistan. Let India deal with them.

CIA: We can't do that.

Trump: Why is that?

CIA: India will cut Balochistan out of Pak.

Trump: I don't care.

CIA: India will have peace in Kashmir. They will stop buying our weapons. They will become a superpower. We have to fund Pakistan to keep India busy in Kashmir.

Trump: But you have to destroy the Taliban.

CIA: Sir, we can't do that. We created the Taliban to keep Russia in check during the 80s. Now they are keeping Pakistan busy and away from their nukes.

Trump: We have to destroy terror sponsoring regimes in the Middle East. Let us start with the Saudis.

Pentagon: Sir, we can't do that. We created those regimes because we wanted their oil. We can't have democracy there, otherwise their people will get that oil - and we cannot let their people own it.

Trump: Then, let us invade Iran.

Pentagon: We cannot do that either, sir.

Trump: Why not?

CIA: We are talking to them, sir.

Trump: What? Why?

CIA: We want our stealth drone back. If we attack them, Russia will obliterate us as they did to our

buddy ISIS in Syria. Besides we need Iran to keep Israel in check.

Trump: Then let us invade Iraq again.

CIA: Sir, our friends (ISIS) are already occupying 1/3rd of Iraq.

Trump: Why not the whole of Iraq?

CIA: We need the Shi'ite gov't of Iraq to keep ISIS in check.

Trump: I am banning Muslims from entering US.

FBI: We can't do that.

FBI: Then our own population will become fearless.

Trump: I am deporting all illegal immigrants to south of the border.

Border patrol: You can't do that, sir.

Border patrol: If they're gone, who will build the wall?

Trump: I am banning H1B visas.

USCIS: You cannot do that.

Trump: Why?

Chief of staff: If you do so we'll have to outsource White House operations to Bangalore. Which is in India.

Trump (sweating profusely by now): What the hell should I do as President???

CIA: Enjoy the White House, sir! We will take care of the rest!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whilst I couldn't believe his comments in that press conference he didn't say that all Mexicans are rapists and said that he wanted to prevent the criminals, rapists & illegal immigrants getting in.

Still pretty shocking though.

It is but surely that is what we want in a world leader? 

Someone who will shock, take control and make unpopular decisions.  3 things that Barack 'can't even say the words Islamic terror' Obama just wasn't up to.

Trump's first day at the Oval Office after being elected President.

First briefing to the President by CIA, Pentagon, FBI:

Trump: We must destroy ISIS immediately. No delays.

CIA: We cannot do that, sir. We created them along with Turkey, Saudi, Qatar and others.

Trump: The Democrats created them.

CIA: We created ISIS, sir. You need them or else you would lose funding from the natural gas lobby.

Trump: Stop funding Pakistan. Let India deal with them.

CIA: We can't do that.

Trump: Why is that?

CIA: India will cut Balochistan out of Pak.

Trump: I don't care.

CIA: India will have peace in Kashmir. They will stop buying our weapons. They will become a superpower. We have to fund Pakistan to keep India busy in Kashmir.

Trump: But you have to destroy the Taliban.

CIA: Sir, we can't do that. We created the Taliban to keep Russia in check during the 80s. Now they are keeping Pakistan busy and away from their nukes.

Trump: We have to destroy terror sponsoring regimes in the Middle East. Let us start with the Saudis.

Pentagon: Sir, we can't do that. We created those regimes because we wanted their oil. We can't have democracy there, otherwise their people will get that oil - and we cannot let their people own it.

Trump: Then, let us invade Iran.

Pentagon: We cannot do that either, sir.

CIA: We are talking to them, sir.

Trump: What? Why?

CIA: We want our stealth drone back. If we attack them, Russia will obliterate us as they did to our

buddy ISIS in Syria. Besides we need Iran to keep Israel in check.

Trump: Then let us invade Iraq again.

CIA: Sir, our friends (ISIS) are already occupying 1/3rd of Iraq.

Trump: Why not the whole of Iraq?

CIA: We need the Shi'ite gov't of Iraq to keep ISIS in check.

Trump: I am banning Muslims from entering US.

FBI: We can't do that.

FBI: Then our own population will become fearless.

Trump: I am deporting all illegal immigrants to south of the border.

Border patrol: You can't do that, sir.

Border patrol: If they're gone, who will build the wall?

Trump: I am banning H1B visas.

USCIS: You cannot do that.

Trump: Why?

Chief of staff: If you do so we'll have to outsource White House operations to Bangalore. Which is in India.

Trump (sweating profusely by now): What the hell should I do as President???

CIA: Enjoy the White House, sir! We will take care of the rest!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The US president is never referred to as "Sir". 

Rudolf's Mate

It is but surely that is what we want in a world leader?

Someone who will shock, take control and make unpopular decisions. 3 things that Barack 'can't even say the words Islamic terror' Obama just wasn't up to.

In a way yes it is. The only reason others wouldn't say it was fear of offending Mexico. People are going nuts about his comment re sending illegal immigrants back. Isn't this what most other countries are trying to do?

In a way yes it is. The only reason others wouldn't say it was fear of offending Mexico. People are going nuts about his comment re sending illegal immigrants back. Isn't this what most other countries are trying to do?

I would hate to think my hard earned tax ?s were being used for 'illegals' in this country.  Illegal = non contributory in any book.  

All the Britnatz seem happy about another victory for fascism .

No vote check

Leave vote check

Trump vote check

The trinity is complete.

Well done you heroic Patz, oppression is on the rise again.

Donald needs some brickie, but sorry don they're all collecting us young folks money via the pension or too busy learning the flute.

Edited by aussieh

For me the man on the street has ganged up on the side of the racists, the far right, the Christian evangelicals and the party who represent big business most to put a nasty billionaire's finger on the button.

Probably not the man on the street's ideal option or partners but it is what it is, the choice made was understandable and now we have to live with it.

There's only so long Trump can get by on being Not Hillary though - God only knows what's coming next!

No vote check

Leave vote check

Trump vote check

The trinity is complete.

Well done you heroics Patz, oppression is on the rise again.

Fascism

Italy and Spain all within a year i believe.  All shoe ins for the right.  Seethe ahoy!

Except 'right' is a synonym for 'racist' for these clowns.

Spain had there election in June this year and Italy isn't until 2018.

However next year we have General Elections in Holland, France & Germany.

Merkel & Hollande are both on sticky ground already.

zoltan socrates

No vote check

Leave vote check

Trump vote check

The trinity is complete.

Well done you heroic Patz, oppression is on the rise again.

Donald needs some brickie, but sorry don they're all collecting us young folks money via the pension or too busy learning the flute.

Introducing a new movement to society....the left...behinds

Please notice the world is changing, the people are speaking, no, leave, trump votes are no coincedence

Pleasing

Craig Gordons Gloves

It's incredibly sad to come on here and read that people think that having Trump as president is a good thing.  I understand all about democracy and the fact that he won the most electoral college votes is a result that we have to live with despite not liking it.

Let me give some context to those of you that aren't here.  Yesterday, i came to work and the place was flat, almost sombre.  I work in an office of around 3500 people and i can honestly say that yesterday was shite.  Why? Well we're quite progressive as an organization in supporting all communities and have a mix of white, black, hispanic, asian, female, gay, straight, christian, muslim, jewish employees, many of whom now feel that they have a president that doesn't represent them.

Trump has appealed directly to one group of people more than any other - the white working class male and female as has been seen with the voting patterns.  Now, i've read that he isn't racist.  What an absolute load of shite.  The rapists and criminal comments about mexicans is one example, the birther nonsense is another, the active conspiring to not rent properties to black people another, the photo of all of his family and team on Tuesday night without a single non white face amongst them, his refusal to condemn the KKK endorsements, white power endorsements etc - i could go on and on. Has he overtly said "i hate black people" - no, but as you know, racism does not have to be direct. 

Then sexist - if you don't believe the tapes that were released show someone with a poor opinion of women then you're right up there with him.  He chose a running mate (some could say cynically) that comes from the hard christian right - who believes that condoms don't prevent STD, that being gay can be cured, that gay people should go to jail for applying for a marriage license.  Is that someone that's progressive in their thinking? I have gay friends and employees, black friends and employees and each one i've spoken to since yesterday is genuinely upset that credence has been given to views that discriminate against them. 

I'm not being elitist, superior or anything else, the fact remains that he is not a president for ALL the people in the US.  The very rich love him and the less well off believe his claims that he'll bring back their jobs, that's fair enough.  

Clinton - for her part was smug and lost the core vote that would have seen her win by not paying attention, not inspiring people and not getting her point across - rather spending most of her time defending her record or attacking Trump's.  The dems screwed up royally and if they can't beat a candidate like Trump then they deserve everything they get. 

You might agree with me, you might not - that's democracy after all.

I watched the Campaigns from day one. On listening watching and thinking about what I saw and heard, I could not see any possible way that either would make a good President. I again watched and listened to the results coming in, and stayed to the bitter end to hear who one, although it was pretty clear about two or three hours before that Trump had it won.

How do I feel now, ambivalent is the word, whoever won would be, and is a disappointment to me. Trump has talked up a big story, and that is the easy part, finding a satisfying conclusion is the challenge to all story tellers.

The reason Trump won was not despite the Liberals efforts, but because of them.

The far right will now sweep Europe because of the failure of Liberal Govts to tackle tricky issues.

The have themselves to blame. They had the power and they blew it.

The reason Trump won was not despite the Liberals efforts, but because of them.

The far right will now sweep Europe because of the failure of Liberal Govts to tackle tricky issues.

The have themselves to blame. They had the power and they blew it.

Exactly this, but don't tell them, they don't like being told what a tit they've made of things, they'll just say "we'll get it ? this time".

So the USA is not a grown up country afterall. They didn't want a woman, especially THAT woman in the Whitehouse.

Well let Donald get on with it now.

So the USA is not a grown up country afterall. They didn't want a woman, especially THAT woman in the Whitehouse.

Well let Donald get on with it now.

You just described affirmative action JF, that is never good.  To suggest she never got in purely due to her sex is poor show.

Space Mackerel

The US president is never referred to as "Sir".

The point being he's a puppet for the deep state. Nothing is going to change dramatically.

Turkey, Russia, North Korea, China, USA , the middle east and a load more, and I think to myself what a wonderful world.....and it is its just people that spoil it. Oh add UK to that list as the tories are in power :)

Edited by Turkishcap

Turkey, Russia, North Korea, China, USA , the middle east and a load more, and I think to myself what a wonderful world.....and it is its just people that spoil it. Oh add UK to that list as the tories are in power :)

It may be about time that we lose this romanticised notion that the white working class are somehow egalitarian, welcoming and socialist.

If Brexit and the USA have shown us anything its that the working class are if anything xenophobic, self interested and right wing.

its a generalisation , its true, but the endless portrayal of the middle classes as the right wing NIMBY's has been well and truly shot to bits now

It may be about time that we lose this romanticised notion that the white working class are somehow egalitarian, welcoming and socialist.

If Brexit and the USA have shown us anything its that the working class are if anything xenophobic, self interested and right wing.

its a generalisation , its true, but the endless portrayal of the middle classes as the right wing NIMBY's has been well and truly shot to bits now

Xenephobic? Really? FFS another card on the table from the never ending deck.