US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Being a straight white male is hitting the absolute jackpot, no one can sensibly argue with that.

Christ, a rapey WASP with a track record of talking shit and 3500 law suits recorded against him just got voted president!

Not if you're in Stockport or Grimsby. Working class white males are least likely group to get a uni education. Being an Indian or Chinese Brit is the golden ticket these days.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Space Mackerel

The SNP who have "progressive politics" in every piece of rhetoric they do are all out for this. And as for the BBC holy shit you have to actually be of some kind of ethnic description now to be even employed by them.  Being straight, white and having  apenis between your legs nowadays is actually a major hurdle.

I have had to stop watching the TV. Honestly every night each channel are desperate to fill their quota of 'progressive' programs. My transgender this, black this, Islamic this, battered women this.  It is relentless. There is even constant programs on about benefit cases and gypsies. Now obviously the way TV was in the 1970s was a horrendous state of play but we have progressed so far now it has done a 180. People can't see but TV is getting as bad as it was in the 70s - just the shoe is on the other foot now.

Maybe it's because the UK. is a genuine multi-cultural society these days, has that ever crossed your mind?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Introducing a new movement to society....the left...behinds

Please notice the world is changing, the people are speaking, no, leave, trump votes are no coincedence

Pleasing

Eh? Scotland shit themselves and the rest stuck their finger up.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Not if you're in Stockport or Grimsby. Working class white males are least likely group to get a uni education. Being an Indian or Chinese Brit is the golden ticket these days.

Pish. Indian and Chinese British get into UNI due to their superior upbringing mot because of their ethnicity.

Francis Albert

TBF that's because Indian and Chinese parents insist that their children work hard at learning rather than play games and watch TV all the time.

TBF that's because Indian and Chinese parents insist that their children work hard at learning rather than play games and watch TV all the time.

Bang on der money.

Psychedelicropcircle

The question for politicians now is how do I take a dry length of the 1% and convince the 99% it's for Their own good?

Well, well, well.

I was sooooo disappointed with the timing of the JKB issues, conspiracy theories running through my head!

I knew all along that Clinton was very unpopular and that some people where neither grasping the extent of that nor the millions of people who were always voting Trump but keeping it to themselves. For instance the pollsters were completely clueless as to the swathes of folk in the Rust Belt areas who had just had enough, much like Brexit. Ditto other demographics. The complacency and arrogance of the Democratic Party meant they got exactly what they deserved. Shafting Bernie Sanders came home to roost in a very big way as did other huge mistakes like the 'basket of deplorables" comment, clearly the whole email issue and of course Clinton's general political history. Personally I also think they will regret using the Obama's and celebrities as their key campaigners in the final weeks/days, it just pissed people off even more and got them out to vote.

All that said, I must admit to thinking Trump would still come up short on the night. It was a momentous almighty FU to the establishment and the ruling classes. But now its happened I think thins will calm down a lot. It was an ugly election but those thinking the end of the world is night are just ridiculous. 

Craig Gordons Gloves

Interesting reading about definitions of equality and progressiveness.

The way i look at equality is not to see targets (as has been said, that could be positive discrimination) but to give an equal chance to all. Targets might be one way it's being approached, i don't believe it works. No matter what you believe, it's simple fact that there are more women in the population than there are men.  But then you look at the gender pay gap, the gender imbalance at the top of organizations and its inarguable that women do not have the same equal chance as men.  And please don't bring the 'having babies' argument up. 

It's a fact that discrimination happens on grounds of sex, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability.  I'm pretty sure that most people in those categories could tell you that whether it is direct or indirect discrimination. It happens because we're biologically programmed that way.   I saw a comment yesterday that "the white working male has been marginalized by Obama" - incorrect.  What's actually happened is the white working male (of which i am one) is no longer able to enjoy the top of the pile status that has been the norm for hundreds of years as other 'groups' begin to get equal rights.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

The question for politicians now is how do I take a dry length of the 1% and convince the 99% it's for Their own good?

That should be printed in the dictionary directly under democracy.

Pish. Indian and Chinese British get into UNI due to their superior upbringing mot because of their ethnicity.

You've misread my point. I wasnt suggesting for a minute that they are pandered to but that both like Jewish pop have culture of family geared towards education. I was emphasising how white underclass males truly are the 'forgotten' in many respects as Trumps speeh alluded to.

Maybe the increasing habit calling millions of people thick as shit because they don't agree with the elite consensus has something to do with why the "flyover" states voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Indeed.

When all non-racist, non-misogynist, non-homophobic, non-bigoted, everyday ordinary people get so sick of you calling them racists, misogynists, homophobes and bigots that they go out and vote against your candidate, do you:

A. Reevaluate your personal conduct and strategy of convincing people to share your politics?

Or

B. Call them racists, misogynists, homophobes and bigots and yell at them even more. 

According to the last 24 hours, you choose B. AND THATS EXACTLY WHY YOUR CANDIDATE LOST!!!!!

Let's see who he surrounds himself with. He is now threw the looking glass and there are many ways to tell if he is for real or not ( taking power away from those that have covertly taken it)

It would be imposable for him to change what needs to be changed if it was not for the revolt against corruption from within (that is for real)

For the MSM watchers that think they can gleam the truth from doing so, think again. Others that have made the effort to look and taken dogs abuse for it, stay strong and don't keep it to yourself. As for the trolls and the easily led that jump on the bandwagon, Contempt does not cover it.

Anyone for a party? Plenty hotdogs and hamburgers to go around but the pizza is a bit pricey.

I will ask you again to elaborate what you are alluding to. You were called out previously and never answered the questions.

As before I will remind you that I know what you're on about.

Indeed.

When all non-racist, non-misogynist, non-homophobic, non-bigoted, everyday ordinary people get so sick of you calling them racists, misogynists, homophobes and bigots that they go out and vote against your candidate, do you:

A. Reevaluate your personal conduct and strategy of convincing people to share your politics?

Or

B. Call them racists, misogynists, homophobes and bigots and yell at them even more.

According to the last 24 hours, you choose B. AND THATS EXACTLY WHY YOUR CANDIDATE LOST!!!!!

No, ive foubd a novel way round this. First, get those who are paid millions to sing or play pretend and have benefitted from globalism to the tune of a house on every continent. Then get them to tell people who can't afford to travel past their county how thick and racist they are abd what they should really think.

Indeed.

Or

Nicely put. But they will continue with B.

Florida (29 Electoral College votes):

Trump 49.1%

Clinton 48.7%

Johnson 2.2%

Pennsylvania (20 Electoral College votes):

Trump 48.8%

Clinton 47.6%

Johnson 2.4%

Michigan (18 Electoral College votes):

Trump 47.6%

Clinton 47.3%

Johnson 3.6%

Wisconsin (10 Electoral College votes)

Trump 47.9%

Clinton 46.9%

Johnson 3.6%

If all the Libertarian Johnson voters had voted Clinton, she'd have gotten 305 College Votes to Trump's 202.

Wasted Libertarian votes got Donald into the white house. Ironic.

They're not wasted if they wanted Johnson to be president. It's also assuming that those Libertarians would all have voted Clinton if Johnson wasn't on the ballot.

Considering Dode Dubya probably voted for him, that's a big assumption.

You've misread my point. I wasnt suggesting for a minute that they are pandered to but that both like Jewish pop have culture of family geared towards education. I was emphasising how white underclass males truly are the 'forgotten' in many respects as Trumps speeh alluded to.

"Not if you're in Stockport or Grimsby. Working class white males are least likely group to get a uni education. Being an Indian or Chinese Brit is the golden ticket these days."

Hmm

Equality for everyone no?

Positive discrimination is discrimination just the same. Sick of people even mentioning race, it shouldn't even be a thing and yet every day you see people demanding that a certain quota of black people or people of a certain religion are employed by a company or put on a poster or actors in an advert or put in a film based in medieval Europe.

You are scorned for daring to insult Islam when in truth I really don't have time for any sort of mythological stories that people take seriously and harm and take lives as a result, Christianity included. Islam gets special treatment though.

Cynics will predictably accuse me of racism which is far from the truth and ironically what I accuse the positive discriminators of. One human Race in my opinion and in this day and age religion should have no bearing on law or society.

I really believe that a massive chunk of Americans voted for Obama because he is black (mixed race), it should be the right man for the job (which arguably he may have been!) but it shouldn't be a reason.

I feel sorry for some of the police in America, yes there are a few racist nutters but every time a black man dies at the hands of the police the media are all over it inciting hatred and ignoring similar. The black lives matter protest at London airport, don't get me started on that.

If discrimination didn't exist in the first place, would we need positive discrimination?

Is quota's of female board members not a direct response to the unequal gender distribution at the top of big firms?

Are laws on 'political correctness' not a direct response to the hatred regularly (more and more regularly these days) directed at minorities and people of opposing faiths?

Black lives matter? Would it even be a thing if people didn't keep bloody shooting black people for being black.

I'd get fed up of all these thing if they didn't originate from discrimination.

Just watched the end of the President Obama, President Elect Trump, meeting. No questions allowed, but both men acted in a very, considering their past, subdued manner. Trump was diplomatic, referred to the President as a good man, and stated he would seek counsel in the future.  If two men with such diverse views can sit down and accept the result and get on with it, then the rest of the world should do the same. It was somewhat difficult to believe this solemn, polite, respectfull man was the same absolute bufoon who spent the last year and a half on TV making an idiot of himself.  I mean Trump of course.

Edited by bobsharp

Space Mackerel

Just watched the end of the President Obama, President Elect Trump, meeting. No questions allowed, but both men acted in a very, considering their past, subdued manner. Trump was diplomatic, referred to the President as a good man, and stated he would seek counsel in the future.  If two men with such diverse views can sit down and accept the result and get on with it, then the rest of the world should do the same. It was somewhat difficult to believe this solemn, polite, respectfull man was the same absolute bufoon who spent the last year and a half on TV making an idiot of himself.  I mean Trump of course.

All very nice in front of the cameras I agree, would've been excellent to be a fly on the wall behind the scenes in the Obama camp.

If discrimination didn't exist in the first place, would we need positive discrimination?

Is quota's of female board members not a direct response to the unequal gender distribution at the top of big firms?

Are laws on 'political correctness' not a direct response to the hatred regularly (more and more regularly these days) directed at minorities and people of opposing faiths?

Black lives matter? Would it even be a thing if people didn't keep bloody shooting black people for being black.

I'd get fed up of all these thing if they didn't originate from discrimination.

Are you suggesting that they are indemnified because they have been discriminated against in the past? Do minorities now have a mandate as payback? An eye for an eye just isn't the answer. No need to even it up, just leave discrimination in the past. Do you think a company should appoint a woman as a board member just because they haven't had one before? I think they should remove the gender and race questions you get when applying for every job.

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk

Space Mackerel

Are you suggesting that they are indemnified because they have been discriminated against in the past? Do minorities now have a mandate as payback? An eye for an eye just isn't the answer. No need to even it up, just leave discrimination in the past. Do you think a company should appoint a woman as a board member just because they haven't had one before? I think they should remove the gender and race questions you get when applying for every job.

Sent from my HS-U980 using Tapatalk

As from today, the average woman is working for nothing till the end of 2017 according to C4 news.

Nice to see, but it doesn't change the fact that they despise each other.

As from today, the average woman is working for nothing till the end of 2017 according to C4 news.

Hope not as how am I going to live and pay the bills.

Craig Gordons Gloves

They're not wasted if they wanted Johnson to be president. It's also assuming that those Libertarians would all have voted Clinton if Johnson wasn't on the ballot.

Considering Dode Dubya probably voted for him, that's a big assumption.

They're also not wasted for the future either, if Johnson ends up with 5% or more of the vote in this election, the libertarians get to participate in the next presidential debates in 4 years.  which could then ultimately lead to the breakdown of the 2 party duopoly.

Space Mackerel

Hope not as how am I going to live and pay the bills.

I wouldn't go shouting about having a job, there's certain posters on here think you should be at home, cleaning and looking after the bairns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the media are partially responsible for having Trump in office whether you agree with his views or not.

It seems to me there was a certain amount of apathy from the democrat camp as it was assumed they had it all sewn up.

Edited by Neon

I wouldn't go shouting about having a job, there's certain posters on here think you should be at home, cleaning and looking after the bairns.

I am [emoji1] at home cleaning and looking after the bairns (well one of them as the marriage has failed) now happily retired after 40 years of hard work.

manaliveits105

So our first minister signs deals with the chinese with their great human rights record (but doesnt get the contracts) yet gives us the gallus wumun Trump rant in Parliament to screw up Scottish American relations and possible contracts and jobs

Time for her to go she is supposed to be a diplomatic politician looking after the countries interests - crankie oot

People think tolerance and democracy are easy until they have to be tolerant and respect democratic will.

Really can't go Donald Trump but the last few days have been a joy to behold.

People think tolerance and democracy are easy until they have to be tolerant and respect democratic will.

Really can't go Donald Trump but the last few days have been a joy to behold.

See for me the trouble with the organisations that are supposed to represent the working class the thickos actually resent them.

Thats why brexit happened thats why trump struck a chord.

Imo.

And its an eye opener the response .

Ironically i think trump may make the world safer.

So our first minister signs deals with the chinese with their great human rights record (but doesnt get the contracts) yet gives us the gallus wumun Trump rant in Parliament to screw up Scottish American relations and possible contracts and jobs

Time for her to go she is supposed to be a diplomatic politician looking after the countries interests - crankie oot

Yeah....

Had to laugh at a guardian article on misogyny regards trump.

I raise them clinton and kennedy.

The latter organising line ups in the whote house.

I'd prefer it if she left the international diplomacy to the UK government, she's so obviously miles out of her depth with that shit. Unfortunately her ego..........

She'd be better getting that beaut Alyn Smith to make another speech and articulate our faux outrage again.

J.T.F.Robertson

See for me the trouble with the organisations that are supposed to represent the working class the thickos actually resent them.

Thats why brexit happened thats why trump struck a chord.

Imo.

And its an eye opener the response .

Ironically i think trump may make the world safer.

If President-Elect Mr. Trump genuinely gives so much as the remotest monkey's toss about the working class, I'll start supporting Hibs.

If President-Elect Mr. Trump genuinely gives so much as the remotest monkey's toss about the working class, I'll start supporting Hibs.

You could say that for all politicians. For example do you think wee nip gives a toss about Unionists?

Space Mackerel

I'd prefer it if she left the international diplomacy to the UK government, she's so obviously miles out of her depth with that shit. Unfortunately her ego..........

She'd be better getting that beaut Alyn Smith to make another speech and articulate our faux outrage again.

Unnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnlucky!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/09/a-revolting-slug-what-politicians-said-before-trump-got-elected

:)

She cracked me up with the "it's not the result I wanted but we must respect the vote" patter yesterday.

Francis Albert

He cared enough to go after their votes, which is more than Hillary did and more than the Democrats have done in decades in which they have simply relied on working class voters as electoral fodder.

If he does for example start to rebuild the country's infrastructure that will deliver, as well as profits for construction companies, a lot of desperately needed jobs in some of the States which voted for him, and it will boost economic growth. It would be a more sensible and positive step than anything I heard from the Hillary campaign.

Of course he may not deliver but it is a bit premature to write him off two months before he has a chance of doing anything.

Edited by Francis Albert

He doesn't but struck a chord

J.T.F.Robertson

You could say that for all politicians. For example do you think wee nip gives a toss about Unionists?

I am fully aware of that, just the hypocrisy on this one is "a bit" more pronounced than the norm. (to me)

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

Space Mackerel

And?

Picking a loser is not half becoming a regular occurrence for the lassie.

Lucky then shes only in control of Scotland and not getting her coupon up on a Saturday then eh?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The problem with the progressive left is that many of them - Guardian journalists for example - don't stand to suffer from the changes they're campaigning for and trying to enforce on everyone else. They're comfortable and privileged and they're nowhere near the sharp end. Why do you think Chakrabarti sends her kids to private school? What the **** does Polly Toynbee know about inner city Hull or Leeds? They're so out of touch it's laughable and it comes across a lot of the time like students playing grown ups. Welcome to the real world because this is it.

Lucky then shes only in control of Scotland and not getting her coupon up on a Saturday then eh?

Very true. So time to get on with her regional assembly role and fixing our failing education, health services, police and housing and leave the international diplomacy gig to the bigger brains.

J.T.F.Robertson

He cared enough to go after their votes, which is more than Hillary did and more than the Democrats have done in decades in which they have simply relied on working class voters as electoral fodder.If he does for example start to rebuild the country's infrastructure that will deliver, as well as profits for construction companies, a lot of desperately needed jobs in some of the States which voted for him, and it will boost economic growth. It would be a more sensible and positive step than anything I heard from the Hillary campaign.Of course he may not deliver but it is a bit premature to write him off two months before he has a chance of doing anything.

I know exactly where you're coming from, they're pretty much all the same and he's far removed from the first. And, if rebuilding infrastructure is the panacea to economic ill, I'd have thought it might have been employed (pun intended) in numerous instances previously. Although I do believe Germany were quite successful with it, back in the day.