US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Craig Gordons Gloves

I was for Remain but I think it is a distortion to say that the "overwhelming tone of the leave campaign was that foreigners are bad". I also think that there is actually little evidence that rhetoric and invective has grown or turned nastier. The police stopped reporting "hate crime" numbers a few days after the vote because after an immediate  increase in reported incidents (reported anonymously on a web site and not substantiated or independently verified) the numbers soon dropped. The media has picked up and given prominence to incidents that would never have been reported before the campaign and vote. The idea that over 17m British voters are driven by racism and xenophobia and this would worsen as a result of leaving the EU  is as insulting as suggesting that millions of Americans would react to a Trump presidency  by becoming racist and violent toward ethnic and religious minorities, or would start treating women differently.

I'm clearly not doing a great job at getting my point across.  I'm not saying that EVERYONE that votes for Trump is potentially racist and i'm not saying that EVERYONE that voted leave did so on racist grounds.  

My point (and this is the last time i'll make it) is that attitudes and behaviors are influenced by those in power (or attempting to get into power) and the rhetoric used primarily by Trump is one that is divisive and makes a point of not being inclusive.  That rhetoric has been shown to appeal to people with less tolerant views than others. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

I'm clearly not doing a great job at getting my point across. I'm not saying that EVERYONE that votes for Trump is potentially racist and i'm not saying that EVERYONE that voted leave did so on racist grounds.

My point (and this is the last time i'll make it) is that attitudes and behaviors are influenced by those in power (or attempting to get into power) and the rhetoric used primarily by Trump is one that is divisive and makes a point of not being inclusive. That rhetoric has been shown to appeal to people with less tolerant views than others.

It makes a big difference

Not everything is top down but leaders have a big impact

alwaysthereinspirit

Off the fence then, who would be better? Who would be worse?

Not sure I can answer without again sounding like I'm on the fence. She would be worse for me because I cant trust her as far as I could throw her. Trump has no experience politically therefore I'm not sure that that's a good or bad thing. Maybe being a little lost at the beginning will help him. He'll need to ask for help.

He has no filter. That needs to change immediately. I think some people (mostly moon bats) believe that if he wins then he just gets to willy nilly do his "own thing" So far from the truth even he'll be shocked. At the end of the day this is still America we're talking about, not North Korea or some other tin pot dictator run country.

This statement may or may not be true.

However you are deluding yourself, and I know that you are not, when highlighting only Washington.

The hypocrisy, double standards and corruption that exists within most national governments is inconceivable.

Hidden in plain view, denied, a testimony to the lies that is even unthought-of. America and Britain the perceived bastions of truth, fair play and democracy, are the outstanding candidates for leadership in the blood wealth and death power grab.

Look no further than the hellish situation in Syria and our countries blind and compromised relationship with Saudi Arabia.

I wouldn't argue with any of this. I would only argue that the same extends into many corporate board rooms as well, where power is co-produced alongside governments (national, state, and local).

Getting involved in politics is a matter of getting down in the mud with the pigs.  Which is unpleasant, but it's too important to be left to the pigs.

My point is that Clinton's negatives and the howling around her are the product of a very deliberate, prolonged, targeted, and goal-oriented campaign against her.  That doesn't make her an angel, but I still think she'll be a comparatively pretty good President.  Indeed, the very paucity of the allegations against both Clintons given the effort expended (six investigations into Whitewater and Vince Foster and they found Monica Lewinsky, two years and hundreds of hours of hearings about Benghazi and they found an email server) shows how careful the Clintons are to stay within well-established ethical guidelines.  Bill's narrow parsing of his Lewinsky testimony ("I did not have sex with that woman" is true if sex doesn't include oral sex) is a textbook example.

The Clintons are exceptionally good at playing the game by the rules.  It drives Republicans absolutely batshit insane simply because they get beat by them every time.

Francis Albert

I'm clearly not doing a great job at getting my point across.  I'm not saying that EVERYONE that votes for Trump is potentially racist and i'm not saying that EVERYONE that voted leave did so on racist grounds.  

My point (and this is the last time i'll make it) is that attitudes and behaviors are influenced by those in power (or attempting to get into power) and the rhetoric used primarily by Trump is one that is divisive and makes a point of not being inclusive.  That rhetoric has been shown to appeal to people with less tolerant views than others. 

When you said that "the overwhelming tone of the leave campaign was that foreigners are bad" I concluded that you thought that view was shared by most Leave voters. I mean wouldn't they be influenced mainly by the "overwhelming tone"?

Not everyone voting Trump is a raging racist.  But everyone voting Trump has made their peace with supporting a candidate who has actively and unapologetically courted raging racists, the KKK, and the American Nazi party as part of his coalition.  Which I suppose is not as quite bad, but it's definitely the act of the enabler.

alwaysthereinspirit

Not everyone voting Trump is a raging racist.  But everyone voting Trump has made their peace with supporting a candidate who has actively and unapologetically courted raging racists, the KKK, and the American Nazi party as part of his coalition.  Which I suppose is not as quite bad, but it's definitely the act of the enabler.

Can you post the bits were Trump unapologetically courted raging racists, the KKK and the American Nazi Party.

Not the bits were they endorse him but the bits were he invites them to join him on his march to glory.

That way we could all disown him together.

Can you post the bits were Trump unapologetically courted raging racists, the KKK and the American Nazi Party.

Not the bits were they endorse him but the bits were he invites them to join him on his march to glory.

http://time.com/4240268/donald-trump-kkk-david-duke/

http://fortune.com/donald-trump-white-supremacist-genocide/

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/07/03/proof-racism-accidenttrump-retweeted-white-supremacists-75-times.html

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-racist-retweet-twitter-397567

To my knowledge Trump has also not renounced the Nazi party following their glowing endorsement of him.

It's been a pretty standard practice for years, dating back to George Wallace's campaign at the very earliest, for white supremacist politicians to used coded speech or "dog whistles" in conveying certain ideas.  When Wallace railed against "enforced bussing," what he was talking about was the school desegregation efforts, and everyone knew it, but his language gave him plausable deniability.  I admit I'm assuming the next thing that happens here is that you point to all of this and say there's no evidence of him being racist and then say "you made that up."  But you'll note the white supremacists disagree with you:

Trump is ?giving us the old wink-wink,? wrote Andrew Anglin, editor of a white supremacist website called The Daily Stormer, after Trump retweeted two other ?white genocide? theorists within a single minute. ?Whereas the odd White genocide tweet could be a random occurrence, it isn?t statistically possible that two of them back to back could be a random occurrence. It could only be deliberate?Today in America the air is cold and it tastes like victory.?

The Russians might have been sticking their noses in, or maybe not.  We might never know, but the possibility exists. 

Julian Assange has definitely influenced the election, and he's Australian.

Has there ever been an American election where foreigners have played such an important role, probably a bigger role than any American?

I'm pretty sure that Assange confirmed that he got the emails from the Russians in an interview with Bill Maher. It's as close to nailed on as possible that the Russians have been sticking their noses in.

maroonlegions

Not surprised in the least, the occult is rife in the inner  circles of the wealthy and elite and those who manipulate  positions of political power.

John Podesta and others in Hillary Clinton?s inner circle may actively participate in bizarre occult rituals, according to an astonishing email released by WikiLeaks?
BIT.LY/2FCC6KB

Space Mackerel

Not surprised in the least, the occult is rife in the inner circles of the wealthy and elite and those who manipulate positions of political power.

WikiLeaks: Clinton Campaign Chair Participated in Occult Magic

John Podesta and others in Hillary Clinton?s inner circle may actively participate in bizarre occult rituals, according to an astonishing email released by WikiLeaks?

BIT.LY/2FCC6KB

Don't tell me they're sticking their genitalia in dead animals mouths too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Not surprised in the least, the occult is rife in the inner circles of the wealthy and elite and those who manipulate positions of political power.

BIT.LY/2FCC6KB

Well I suppose it only took 200 pages.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure that Assange confirmed that he got the emails from the Russians in an interview with Bill Maher. It's as close to nailed on as possible that the Russians have been sticking their noses in.

No he did not.

Meanwhile in the real world, Clinton is under investigation by the FBI, again. This time the corruption was not enough to counteract the enormity of the alternative of not doing as they were told. Make no mistake, they did not want to do what they have had to do.

What was it that broke the camels back? Something the NYPD found among the 600,000 emails between Clinton Abedin Weiner and others has sickened them and it has everything to do with Clinton. 

One or two emails released today by WikiLeaks has everyone that is looking, putting them together with what has been leaked about what is in those Weiner emails.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well I suppose it only took 200 pages.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Did you have to quote it? :(

Space Mackerel

Anyone think this to and froing in the polls is just a made up load of crap for 24 hour rolling news viewers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nibs is scared to say what some absolute nutcases are saying these emails allude to even though its killing him.

Even he knows its absolute nonsense.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nibs is scared to say what some absolute nutcases are saying these emails allude to even though its killing him.

Even he knows its absolute nonsense.

Niblick should avoid the internet in that case.

Niblick should avoid the internet in that case.

No....dont you know he's bringing down the establishment via a football forum. He/She/It will lead the new world order with ML as his right hand thingy.

Very reputable people that know very reputable people within the FBI and the NYPD are not hiding when telling us what they have been told. It is out there for anyone to see. Go look, These are people from that field and people in the FBI and the NYPD trust them. This is not rumor. This is them telling us why they are doing what they are doing. 

Go on Nibs please tell people the latest bat shit wired to the moon bombshell you have for us.

More importantly please tell people the evidence you have for it.

PS I know what you are alluding to.

Very reputable people that know very reputable people within the FBI and the NYPD are not hiding when telling us what they have been told. It is out there for anyone to see. Go look, These are people from that field and people in the FBI and the NYPD trust them. This is not rumor. This is them telling us why they are doing what they are doing.

See if it isn't rumour, it'll be easy for you to stop talking in innuendo and just spit it out, clearly and succinctly.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nibs avoiding questions as usual I see. What a surprise.

I'm guessing what really scares the shit out of niblick is being sued for libel! :laugh:

I'm guessing what really scares the shit out of niblick is being sued for libel! :laugh:

Seems to be. He seems so sure what he knows is an absolute fact though.....but he won't tell us what it is. Strange that isn't it?

alwaysthereinspirit
Oh my G-d you've cracked the election wide open. Imagine the main stream media ever got a hold of this material. It would be the downfall of Trump. You should forward this to them immediately.

Does his Jewish son in law and converted Jewish daughter know about his nazi connection. They'll be devastated.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Oh my G-d you've cracked the election wide open. Imagine the main stream media ever got a hold of this material. It would be the downfall of Trump. You should forward this to them immediately.

Does his Jewish son in law and converted Jewish daughter know about his nazi connection. They'll be devastated.

Do you have a vote out of interest?

Well since nibs hasn't answered any questions we can only presume the Establishment have got to him before he had the chance to blow the whole election wide open. Shame, real shame.

If I were you I would be worried about the fact that they knew Russia had nothing to do with it while saying they would treat a cyber attack as any other act of war.

They have nowhere to go and nothing to lose. This is for real and the sooner everyone realise this the better. Shit just got real. 

Very reputable people that know very reputable people within the FBI and the NYPD are not hiding when telling us what they have been told. It is out there for anyone to see. Go look, These are people from that field and people in the FBI and the NYPD trust them. This is not rumor. This is them telling us why they are doing what they are doing. 

In all seriousness, I'm having a very difficult time trying to understand these posts.

Who are "they"?

What does "shit just got real" mean?

Who are the "very reputable people" who know other "very reputable people"? 

Do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion, or is it just vague innuendo?

Some facts would be nice.  Thanks.

Has Trump not openly said that he has previously donated to her political campaigns? He did, after all, used to be big pals with the Clintons.

He has, and he used to be so far up Bill & Hillary's arse, this has been known for years and years, nothing new here.

Seymour M Hersh

Has Trump not openly said that he has previously donated to her political campaigns? He did, after all, used to be big pals with the Clintons.

They were guests of honour (oxymoron I know) at the wedding to his current missus.

Very reputable people that know very reputable people within the FBI and the NYPD are not hiding when telling us what they have been told. It is out there for anyone to see. Go look, These are people from that field and people in the FBI and the NYPD trust them. This is not rumor. This is them telling us why they are doing what they are doing.

Come on niblick you're getting called out, can the shite and tell us exactly what you're hinting at.

We're not going to go and look it up either. You're the one making claims and it's up to you to back them up - either that or look like you'll buy any old innuendo that suits your agenda and claim it as fact.

Tell us exactly what those claims are, clearly and succinctly please, so there can be no doubt about what's being said.

Riddley Walker

Come on niblick you're getting called out, can the shite and tell us exactly what you're hinting at.

We're not going to go and look it up either. You're the one making claims and it's up to you to back them up - either that or look like you'll buy any old innuendo that suits your agenda and claim it as fact.

Tell us exactly what those claims are, clearly and succinctly please, so there can be no doubt about what's being said.

He's been doing the same for as long as I can remember him posting. An absolute bullshit merchant.

AlphonseCapone

The world is changing fast but one thing remains true, niblick talking shite and running scared when called out.

So dear old Nibs has been on this website since he's been asked to explain his "facts" but has chosen not to.

Maybe even he has realised he's talking shit.

He's been doing the same for as long as I can remember him posting. An absolute bullshit merchant.

Good to have a wee credibility reminder now and again though eh?

In all seriousness, I'm having a very difficult time trying to understand these posts.

Who are "they"?

What does "shit just got real" mean?

Who are the "very reputable people" who know other "very reputable people"?

Do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion, or is it just vague innuendo?

Some facts would be nice. Thanks.

He's on commission for hits on infowars etc...

The vids must have some sort of hypnotic influence.

Kalamazoo Jambo

BIT.LY/2FCC6KB

:rofl: Beyond parody.

:rofl: Beyond parody.

Incredible isn't it?

A friend sent me a link to one of these stories. The websites got a story on its front page "Trolling as a tool for social change" and the guy who runs it is a Trump supporter.

No mention that the photos etc are related to an art exhibit of course.

Just waiting for a necrophilia/ bestiality story to hit, it's ****ing ridiculous

Those are Time, Newsweek, and Fortune.  That's about as mainstream as you can get in media terms.

This is in plain sight, have been reported by a broad range of outlets, and was highlighted by Democrats during the convention.  This has been checked and cross-checked by multiple outlets with broadly differing biases.

I'm not nibs claiming I have some kind of deep inside information.  Not hearing Trump's dog whistles and rhetorical nods to white supremacists requires actively ignoring a lot of news.

Of course, if Trump were really enabling white supremacists, you would expect those populations who are likely to suffer under growing white supremacy to notice it and drop him like a hot rock.  And that's not happening.

Oh, wait, it is.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-gops-jewish-donors-are-abandoning-trump/

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-78-percent-latinos-have-negative-view-donald-trump-n652311

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293752-trumps-popularity-with-african-american-voters-polling-at

Edited by Ugly American

Those are Time, Newsweek, and Fortune. That's about as mainstream as you can get in media terms.

This is in plain sight, have been reported by a broad range of outlets, and was highlighted by Democrats during the convention. This has been checked and cross-checked by multiple outlets with broadly differing biases.

I'm not nibs claiming I have some kind of deep inside information. Not hearing Trump's dog whistles and rhetorical nods to white supremacists requires actively ignoring a lot of news.

Whoosh.

Whoosh.

This is the post to which I was replying.

The links I've posted demonstrate both that Trump has courted raging racists, and then when pressed repeatedly refused to apologize or disown them.  I'm unclear as to whether ATIS is somehow claiming my posts were factually inaccurate or just changing the subject.

And FWIW, white supremacy in the US is far less anti-Semitic than it is in Europe.  Anti-Semitism certainly exists here, but not nearly at the levels that anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim, and anti-black sentiment exists.  Which given your time here, I'm sure you know.

maroonlegions

The Clinton Foundation has confirmed it accepted a $1 million gift from Qatar while Hillary Clinton was US secretary of state without informing the State Department, even though she had promised to let the agency review new or significantly increased support from foreign governments.

HINDUSTANTIMES.COM