US Elections 2016

JamboX2

If you truly think that voting Trump over Clinton was a good idea, then you are beyond help. Moronic people.

Voting trump to 'shake things up'... jesus ******* christ.

He is a sexist, racist and politically inexperienced reprobate. He knows nothing about politics. His vice presidents views are even worse and are heavily influence by retarded religious beliefs. How is this in anyway a good thing?

Clinton was far from ideal, but at the end of the day she is vastly experienced and would get through her presidency relatively unscathed. The (significant) lesser of two evils.

Correct. Trump is a clown. And about as far removed from the apparently downtrodden working class that have elected him as ou could get.

Still, at least it wasn't Ted Cruz who got the Republican nomination.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Francis Albert

Maybe the increasing habit calling millions of people thick as shit because they don't agree with the elite consensus has something to do with why the "flyover" states voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Seymour M Hersh

"major elections"

True but her record in them all is that of a perennial loser. Indy ref -Lost. Brexit - Lost and of course backing the wrong horse in the USA. Also she did a really good job (along with fat boy Salmond) of alienating Trump by removing his honorary title of Scottish Ambassador and was pretty nasty and petty with her tweets before the election. 

How dare those damn Americans democratically vote in Trump through their electoral system without consulting people on here first.

Do you have any of your own thoughts on the subject?

These are my own thoughts.

What do you make of Trumps sexism, misogny, racism and policies that are impossible to implement?

What do you make of Pence's abortion views and his mad religious beliefs?

Or do you not care about any of that and just want to 'shake things up' for the sake of it?

If you honestly believe that America has made the right choice, then you seriously do need checked out by a doctor.

True but her record in them all is that of a perennial loser. Indy ref -Lost. Brexit - Lost and of course backing the wrong horse in the USA. Also she did a really good job (along with fat boy Salmond) of alienating Trump by removing his honorary title of Scottish Ambassador and was pretty nasty and petty with her tweets before the election. 

I reckon wee nip will be licking Trump's proverbial bum hole in no time as she realises no-one gives the slightest **** about what she has to say and it is vital to get on with the US president.

How dare those damn Americans democratically vote in Trump through their electoral system without consulting people on here first.

Eh?

Seymour M Hersh

I reckon wee nip will be licking Trump's proverbial bum hole in no time as she realises no-one gives the slightest **** about what she has to say and it is vital to get on with the US president.

I don't think she's bright enough to realise that I'm afraid.

What do you make of Trumps sexism, misogny, racism and policies that are impossible to implement?

Or do you not care about any of that and just want to 'shake things up' for the sake of it?

If you honestly believe that America has made the right choice, then you seriously do need checked out by a doctor.

Please look up the following word and get back to me:

Racist

Thanks

Ok, i'll help you out.  A racist is someone who believes their own race is superior to others.

Please give me an example of where Trump has at any stage indicated that White Americans are in any way superior to other races?

Take your time and I look forward to your reply.

zoltan socrates

Its exactly this type of misinformed, assumptive minset that led to trumps win, exactly this

Please look up the following word and get back to me:

Racist

Thanks

Ok, i'll help you out. A racist is someone who believes their own race is superior to others.

Please give me an example of where Trump has at any stage indicated that White Americans are in any way superior to other races?

Take your time and I look forward to your reply.

Ok, for the sake of the debate I'll remove racism.

What do you make of Trumps sexism, misogny, and policies that are impossible to implement?

Space Mackerel

Global capitalist says he's going to reinvent global capitalism, and they still fell for his guff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

What do you make of Trumps sexism, misogny, and policies that are impossible to implement?

Where or when did he say or indicate he hates women?

Eh?

It seems that all the pseudo rage is out in force since this.  Everyone acting as if they are all offended and disgusted by this outcome when although it affects each and everyone (as do most elections of major nations) it has sod all to do with anyone as we are not US citizens.  American's voted the way they seen fit.  Whether you are a redneck, a bigot, a racist, black, brown, white, brain dead, disabled, super intelligent or super stupid each and everyone's vote counts for the exact same.

It kind of brings me back to the vile Nationalists after the Scottish referendum who were in some way annoyed at the elderly for the way they voted as if in some way their vote is less important.

Take away all 'isms' ffs it is boring.

michael_bolton

I have no time for Trump, but I must confess I found myself becoming more and more pleased as it became clear he was going to win.

The sheer smugness of his opponents was enough to make it bearable. Their smugness in defeat is also incredible. The total failure to grasp that just because someone has a different view from them they aren't necessarily racist or stupid is just bizarre.

Pleasing polling figures coming out that white women seem to have favoured Trump. One in the eye for those who seem to think that women only ever base their votes on women's issues. Electorates are a lot more sophisticated than many on the left give them credit for. They're going to have to learn that if they want to start winning.

Do people not see it is the race card, the sex card throwers that literally gifted this outcome.  People are pig sick of going about their lives and been branded racists and sexist every second by some group of people just for having an opinion that is not matching their progressive left leanings.  

The world is sick of it - very clearly going by recent political outcomes.

Space Mackerel

It seems that all the pseudo rage is out in force since this. Everyone acting as if they are all offended and disgusted by this outcome when although it affects each and everyone (as do most elections of major nations) it has sod all to do with anyone as we are not US citizens. American's voted the way they seen fit. Whether you are a redneck, a bigot, a racist, black, brown, white, brain dead, disabled, super intelligent or super stupid each and everyone's vote counts for the exact same.

It kind of brings me back to the vile Nationalists after the Scottish referendum who were in some way annoyed at the elderly for the way they voted as if in some way their vote is less important.

Just got to wait a few more years till they pop their clogs and we are good to go.

It seems that all the pseudo rage is out in force since this. Everyone acting as if they are all offended and disgusted by this outcome when although it affects each and everyone (as do most elections of major nations) it has sod all to do with anyone as we are not US citizens. American's voted the way they seen fit. Whether you are a redneck, a bigot, a racist, black, brown, white, brain dead, disabled, super intelligent or super stupid each and everyone's vote counts for the exact same.

Perfectly legitimate to comment on it, though, right? Positively or negatively?

And it probably does impact some on here, to varying degrees...

alwaysthereinspirit

Well, my oft-repeated prediction about Trump being "unelectable" was WAY off the mark!

I've spent that last couple of days trying to delete all my posts on here...seemed to do strange things to the site!

The result is a total ******* disaster. Trump is a ******* cretin.

He may not be the norm in political terms but he's no cretin. At least not in the true meaning of the word.

As it stands he is the President and Americans should hope he becomes the "best" President ever. I certainly would have wanted Clinton to be the best ever if she had won. Hoping for failure for the newly elected President has never made sense to me.

Perfectly legitimate to comment on it, though, right? Positively or negatively?

And it probably does impact some on here, to varying degrees...

It will impact us all -  no doubt.  But it is not our call to make.

Do people not see it is the race card, the sex card throwers that literally gifted this outcome. People are pig sick of going about their lives and been branded racists and sexist every second by some group of people just for having an opinion that is not matching their progressive left leanings.

The world is sick of it - very clearly going by recent political outcomes.

I'm actually against the easily offended brigade.

But how can you not see that his views are completely toxic?

Can you explain why Trump would make a better president than Clinton?

Big positive for me is a friendship between Russia and the USA is good for the world - no-one can argue this.

On a side note you know what pisses me right off the most is the moral high ground some people take when they find out you wanted Trump to win as if in some way wanting Hilary 'fake as ****' Clinton to win in some way gives you a badge of niceness to wear that a trump voter can't wear.

In one sentence directly quoted from Trump himself "we will get along with any country willing to get along with us".  On the flip side Clinton is more a "please be our friend, pleeeeease".

Edited by i8hibsh

He may not be the norm in political terms but he's no cretin. At least not in the true meaning of the word.

As it stands he is the President and Americans should hope he becomes the "best" President ever. I certainly would have wanted Clinton to be the best ever if she had won. Hoping for failure for the newly elected President has never made sense to me.

Of course not in the literal sense.

I don't want him to fail. I hope his Presidency proves to be a massive success for the US.

It will impact us all - no doubt. But it is not our call to make.

In some cases it might be. Not sure why your posting on a thread about it, though, if that's your thinking.

Just got to wait a few more years till they pop their clogs and we are good to go.

Ageist!

Been saying this was a possibility from the get go, not surprised in the slightest.

I think one thing people can sometimes underestimate is how religious people still are in the US compared with here. The fact the Trump has vowed to tighten abortion laws and remove legal protection from LGBT groups will have been enough to win a lot of religious people over regardless of his stance on other issues.

Of course the Democrats have also shot themselves in the foot by picking such a divisive candidate. Obviously it's impossible to know but I reckon if it had been Sanders running against Trump the result could have swung the other way.

alwaysthereinspirit

Of course not in the literal sense.

I don't want him to fail. I hope his Presidency proves to be a massive success for the US.

I'm not saying you want him to fail. I meant the people out here who get a hard on hoping they get the chance to say "see I told you so"

Francis Albert

Clinton represented the political class (Democrats and Republicans) which for decades has presided over ever widening wealth divergence, with working class and middle class people losing out while the rich get richer and some (including it is true Trump but also the Clintons) get obscenely rich. If I were stuck in the rust belt states with no prospects I think I'd be inclined to go for Trump. He may or may not do the things he has said he wants to do but you could be 100% sure that a Clinton presidency would mean business as usual. In fact in these circumstances if you voted for the same old same old you would maybe be a bit thick. Edited by Francis Albert

What I will say is although I utterly despise Clinton I thought she was extremely magnanimous and dignified in defeat.  I guess she had to be however but fair play all the same.

Francis Albert

In one sentence directly quoted from Trump himself "we will get along with any country willing to get along with us".  On the flip side Clinton is more a "please be our friend, pleeeeease".

I think Hillary was a lot more dangerous than that. Didn't she at one one point talk about bombing Russian forces in Syria? Trump recognises that countries other than the USA have the right to defend their own interests, as Putin is doing in aiding Assad to defeat ISIS (and at the same time IMO defending the West's interests).

I think the world is actually a safer place than if Hillary had won.

I think Hillary was a lot more dangerous than that. Didn't she at one one point talk about bombing Russian forces in Syria? Trump recognises that countries other than the USA have the right to defend their own interests, as Putin is doing in aiding Assad to defeat ISIS (and at the same time IMO defending the West's interests).

I think the world is actually a safer place than if Hillary had won.

100% agree.

Clinton represented the political class (Democrats and Republicans) which for decades has presided over ever widening wealth divergence, with working class and middle class people losing out while the rich get richer and some (including it is true Trump but also the Clintons) get obscenely rich. If I were stuck in the rust belt states with no prospects I think I'd be inclined to go for Trump. He may or may not do the things he has said he wants to do but you could be 100% sure that a Clinton presidency would mean business as usual. In fact you could be described in these circumstances if you voted for the same old same old you would maybe be a bit thick.

Trump has absolutely zero political experience.

His policies that he shouted about during the campaign are impossible to be implemented.

He believes climate change is a hoax.

He has said the most ridiculous things:

"An ?extremely credible source? has called my office and told me that Barack Obama?s birth certificate is a fraud?

"You know, it really doesn?t matter what the media write as long as you?ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass."

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man ? he made a good decision."

"I will build a great wall ? and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me ? and I?ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Why is it a good idea that this man leads the most powerful country on earth? How can anyone truly believe that a Trump presidency is a good idea?

Maybe the increasing habit calling millions of people thick as shit because they don't agree with the elite consensus has something to do with why the "flyover" states voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

Heard one commentator mention similar and it went something like this.

Politicians patronizing people who don't trust the political establishment and think they are not being listened to, only results in mobilising those very same people to vote against the establishment.

There is now only one outcome when you call people stupid and that they don't know what they're doing.

Clegg & Farron and their kind, please take note.

Riddley Walker

Donald Trump the new President :cornette:

What has happened. He seems completely incompetent, as well as being a slimy, bigoted snake of a man.

Donald Trump the new President :cornette:

What has happened. He seems completely incompetent, as well as being a slimy, bigoted snake of a man.

But look at his life  - he is so clearly not incompetent.

Francis Albert

Trump has absolutely zero political experience.

His policies that he shouted about during the campaign are impossible to be implemented.

He believes climate change is a hoax.

He has said the most ridiculous things:

"An ?extremely credible source? has called my office and told me that Barack Obama?s birth certificate is a fraud?

"You know, it really doesn?t matter what the media write as long as you?ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass."

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man ? he made a good decision."

"I will build a great wall ? and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me ? and I?ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

Why is it a good idea that this man leads the most powerful country on earth? How can anyone truly believe that a Trump presidency is a good idea?

I am not sure how any of that addresses the point I was making.

Do people also not understand that for all intents and purposes there is pretty much already an existing wall between America and Mexico.  Why was this previously not classed as "racist"?

Whoever wins this need to change the voting system for President as the one they use is surely undemocratic. Firstly voters are technically not voting for Clinton or Trump but "Electors". By having the ability to "win" the entire States "Electors" with 50.1% of the vote surely cannot be fair in this day and age. Take California which has 55 Electors any candidate gets all 55 for the % mentioned above. Surely they must go to 1 person 1 vote and just add them up across the nation and whoever gets the most wins.

It's not a unitary state, it's the "United States." States provide their electors separately, then they're brought together.

It's not fair, but it's a deeper part of the system and would be a bigger change than moving from first past the post to PR.

Do people also not understand that for all intents and purposes there is pretty much already an existing wall between America and Mexico.  Why was this previously not classed as "racist"?

I'm not sure anyone did, did they?

Calling Mexicans rapists on the other hand...