US Elections 2016

JamboX2

Space Mackerel

Very true. So time to get on with her regional assembly role and fixing our failing education, health services, police and housing and leave the international diplomacy gig to the bigger brains.

It's not that bad you know, you're reading too many Yoony Loony rags.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• niblick1874

• alwaysthereinspirit

• Maple Leaf

Trapper John McIntyre

A girl in my workplace equated Trump's victory with the rise of Hitler. Picking on minorities, promising work, autobahn's, etc. All based on her watching the 'Rise of Hitler' on the History channel...

After the initial, shock, as I certainly didn't want him to win and I suppose like most people saw Hilary as the lesser of two evils, I'm willing now to give him a chance for quite frankly, what else can anyone do but that?

The handringing has to end. The 'I hate Trump more than you coz I want to look good and Liberal' along with rioting in the streets, while understandable, solves nothing.

If the Left want to do something about Trump and Brexit in Britain, it has to sort itself out and not look to equally extremist nutters like Sanders and Corbyn for answers. We all, whether we like it or not, will have to ride out the current wave blowing though the Western world and hope to come up with some alternative middle ground acceptable to all once it passes over (and it will pass over).

Don't blame Trump and Farage. They've just reeped the whirlwind of discontent and anger amongst millions of citizens the Left for all its pretensions of looking after the little people, have ignored.

Edited by Trapper John McIntyre

I imagine more people voted for Clinton because she was a woman than didn't. Trump won as he fits the feeling of the world right now. Clinton was much of a muchness. I don't think people are really grasping how pissed off people are right now about Islamisation, political correctness, social justice warriors and the entire progressive left. It is so in your face as they are literally bulldozing their way into all our lives.

Agreed. :wow:

maroonlegions

And back in Russia...

174337570.gif?1451064264

Fwiw I think the Donald Trump we see and heard over the past year and a half with all his outlandish comments will slip silently away and a far more Presidential one will appear. His initial winners speech and subsequent meeting and speeches are already pointing to this.

Trump and his team knew by making a show of the election and praying on people fears and hatred they would have a great chance of winning. Now they are past the winning post it will be business as usual IMO.

These constant Hitler comparisons from people to anyone with a point of view that is not straight from a textbook are nauseating. Really shows the idiots. I think people need to study Adolf Hitler and really try and differentiate between unimaginable evil and a point of view.

Aye well we can only hope he's followed the trend of lying like shite to win then going back on all his pre-election pledges

:gok:

That's a given........bar the tax breaks !

After the initial, shock, as I certainly didn't want him to win and I suppose like most people saw Hilary as the lesser of two evils, I'm willing now to give him a chance for quite frankly, what else can anyone do but that?

[...]

If the Left want to do something about Trump and Brexit in Britain, it has to sort itself out and not look to equally extremist nutters like Sanders and Corbyn for answers. We all, whether we like it or not, will have to ride out the current wave blowing though the Western world and hope to come up with some alternative middle ground acceptable to all once it passes over (and it will pass over).

......whirlwind of discontent and anger amongst millions of citizens the Left for all its pretensions of looking after the little people, have ignored.

Hard to disagree with any of that.  Many of the people who voted for Trump in places like Ohio and Pennsylvania are the same type of people who voted for Reagan and Bush Senior, to be screwed over or ignored by them, then voted for Clinton followed by Bush Junior, to be ignored by one and screwed over by the other, and then voted for Obama, to be ignored by him.  They'd be forgiven for seeing a pattern there, and for hoping that a vote for Trump won't be wasted as their previous votes were.  I saw a few of them being interviewed on TV on election night, and they seemed like ordinary regular people who have been abandoned by the political establishment.  I can't help feeling that they'll be disappointed yet again, but maybe this time they won't.

Aye well we can only hope he's followed the trend of lying like shite to win then going back on all his pre-election pledges

Dunno. Drawing up a tangy trade deal with Britain wouldn't be a bad thing.

So someone posts something on Facebook and everyone just goes Baaaa. Why not question it's authenticity? Ffs nice society we live in.

And as a pedant it is not day 1 of Trump's America until January.

J.T.F.Robertson

These constant Hitler comparisons from people to anyone with a point of view that is not straight from a textbook are nauseating. Really shows the idiots. I think people need to study Adolf Hitler and really try and differentiate between unimaginable evil and a point of view.

And I think (some) people need to study the effects of judgementalism, patronisation and condescension.

I read that once.

Daydream Believer

Just watched the end of the President Obama, President Elect Trump, meeting. No questions allowed, but both men acted in a very, considering their past, subdued manner. Trump was diplomatic, referred to the President as a good man, and stated he would seek counsel in the future.  If two men with such diverse views can sit down and accept the result and get on with it, then the rest of the world should do the same. It was somewhat difficult to believe this solemn, polite, respectfull man was the same absolute bufoon who spent the last year and a half on TV making an idiot of himself.  I mean Trump of course.

So I think that this is part of the problem. It's not that hard for multi-millionaires to shake hands after they've won/lost, almost as if it was a game - we saw the same from Cameron after Brexit. The cost of losing was a life of luxury on an estate somewhere and much the same will be true of Clinton.

Meanwhile some guy in the US is now relying on Trump to somehow get him back into work after his factory closed 10 years ago and someone else who has worked in the US for 10 years is waiting to see if he will be deported to Mexico. Those guys can't shake hands and have a laugh about it because it's almost life and death for them.

The extreme reactions we see are born out of real fear which I honestly don't think the politicians understand at all. Telling people to chill out is all very well when you're not in fear of being unable to provide for your family.

So someone posts something on Facebook and everyone just goes Baaaa. Why not question it's authenticity? Ffs nice society we live in.

I don't believe those incidents happened.

Psychedelicropcircle

This has to be the biggest defeat to establishment politics. Centred politics by all is surely over. And an end to pollsters with any luck??

I've seen a few people comparing him to hitler - but what would your argument against that be?

I've seen a few people comparing him to hitler - but what would your argument against that be?

I feel sorry for you that you need someone to explain the difference and I think you are being very disrespectful to 6 million Jews.

Craig Gordons Gloves

This isn't from Facebook, and happened in an affluent area of the twin cities.

Anyone that denies that Trump's rhetoric emboldens racist behavior needs to get their head out the sand.

http://kstp.com/news/maple-grove-high-school-racist-graffiti/4314217/

Cool story, bro.

9WkoNQZ.png

o0r3XHa.png

Can't see too clearly on my phone buy I expect he was a mouthy little brat and someone took exception. Happens all the time, unfortunately.

I am going to go to the Royal, take a pic of someone in ER who looks in bad shape and post on social media that a bunch of Nationalists set about me.

Space Mackerel

How does that prove the incident?

You're proving you're a bit of a dunderheid though.

Racist incidents I think I heard were up 500% in the US past year.

I am going to go to the Royal, take a pic of someone in ER who looks in bad shape and post on social media that a bunch of Nationalists set about me.

Thanks for reminding me why you've been on ignore for months.  Now I need to have the discipline not to open the posts.

Francis Albert

I know exactly where you're coming from, they're pretty much all the same and he's far removed from the first. And, if rebuilding infrastructure is the panacea to economic ill, I'd have thought it might have been employed (pun intended) in numerous instances previously. Although I do believe Germany were quite successful with it, back in the day.

America was quite successful with it, back in the 30s under FDR.

That from the Guardian? Good, reliable source.

Space Mackerel

He's just removed the "banning Muslims" from his campaign website according to Sky News :lol:

Duped like the Brexiteers.

Trapper John McIntyre

Even with the shock of Trump's victory, you can still rely on the Scottish press to be preoccupied with our own little demagogue.

Can someone please tell oor Nicky that she's hardly a priority at the moment for The Donald.

http://www.scotsman.com/

Ok, so how does that pic of some random in ER prove the above story? Are you familiar with the term 'propaganda'?

Edited by i8hibsh

Placid Casual

Thanks for reminding me why you've been on ignore for months. Now I need to have the discipline not to open the posts.

Hope you haven't seen any of his previous posts. His ignorance certainly won't make you feel any better Justin.

Edited by Placid Casual

While I don't know my theory is that Trump has been engaged in a major piece of acting. He and his close people decided a strategy to win. Anniliate Clinton, focus on being the outsider, criticise anything associated with the established order including the media, simple messages on economy and immigration.

It was horrible and indefensible much of what he said.

But I wager he will be completely different as President. Yes he will tighten immigration and overturn Obama laws etc. But he might just change things in a positive way.

Time will tell.

Trump's win was absolutely, positively and singly about the anti-establishment movement and had zero to do with racism, you social justice warrior pussies.

Day 1 of Trump's America

Cw6gRgkXEAAD6lW.jpg

Cw1HCm-UcAAak5K.jpg

Cw3qSAgXgAEt4HM.jpg

100% confident the two latter ones are lies.

Thousands cause thousands of dollars worth of damage while burning cars to protest against the democratic election of the President of the 'land of the free', while preaching about 'tolerance'.

Ach never mind that, two kids painted their faces black.

Couldn't think of a better example of what's wrong with the Western world than that exact scenario.

Edited by st1874

Thanks for reminding me why you've been on ignore for months. Now I need to have the discipline not to open the posts.

Gutted. I take it as a compliment that you know my posts. I have never even noticed your name before.

Edited by i8hibsh

Space Mackerel

Ok, so how does that pic of some random in ER prove the above story? Are you familiar with the term 'propaganda'?

State sponsored or just a dude on Twitter? :lol:

I think Rhio Oracion may be spinning a little yarn. Sums up the progressive left. Social media to them is what Gideon's book of bullshit is to the Christian world. Live their life through it and print any bullshit and they lap it right up.

Edited by i8hibsh

Space Mackerel

Even with the shock of Trump's victory, you can still rely on the Scottish press to be preoccupied with our own little demagogue.

Can someone please tell oor Nicky that she's hardly a priority at the moment for The Donald.

http://www.scotsman.com/

I always knew you were one of the rabid, drunk, shrieking late evening/early morning posters on there. :)

That's probably a prime example of why trump got elected - the establishment passing judgement in smug condescending sound bites for the benefit of the progessives. And wee nicola loves to play that game.