The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, OBE said:

20 more sleeps and the days don't get any shorter...:sweeet:

Aye, its onwards and upwards after that, jan can be a chilly month though🥶.

and feb, maybe march, possibly april:facepalm:.

Got in from work and was bloody freezing, turned the heating up full blast and chucked a pair of comfy shorts and hoody over the radiator for a while. You can’t beat clothes hot off the radiator. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Got in from work and was bloody freezing, turned the heating up full blast and chucked a pair of comfy shorts and hoody over the radiator for a while. You can’t beat clothes hot off the radiator. 

I've got both log burners on full blast tonight, a bottle of Malbec opened, the boy home from college, music on pretty loud and my ears still have a wee satisfying hum from last night's Almighty gig, things are pretty sweet tonight ☺️☺️

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got both log burners on full blast tonight, a bottle of Malbec opened, the boy home from college, music on pretty loud and my ears still have a wee satisfying hum from last night's Almighty gig, things are pretty sweet tonight ☺️☺️

Malbec is also the choice here. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Malbec is also the choice here. 

I've an Argentinian Zurriago tonight, very nice so it is.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

has the boy knocked up any of the uni lassies yet? or has he not told you that you are going to be grandpa dawn soon?

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

has the boy knocked up any of the uni lassies yet? or has he not told you that you are going to be grandpa dawn soon?

As far as I know impregnation hasn't yet happened 🤞

9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Love a laugh in the morning, folk jogging in the pouring rain, get a running machine in the hoose.🤡.

I like to imagine that there’s a giant invisible wasp chasing all joggers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not had pannetone for years but had a gluten free one delivered from Tupiniqum yesterday. I've just had a big slice for breakfast with a coffee and it was fantastic. 

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not had pannetone for years but had a gluten free one delivered from Tupiniqum yesterday. I've just had a big slice for breakfast with a coffee and it was fantastic. 

Did you toast it?

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No, I've never tried it toasted. 

Probably not the ‘right’ thing to do but it’s great toasted with a wee bit of (good) butter.  (Has to be butter!)

It burns easy though so you have to keep an eye on it.

Edited by FWJ

Just now, FWJ said:

Probably not the ‘right’ thing to do but it’s great toasted with a wee bit of (good) butter.  (Has to be butter!)

This is a chocolate and pistachio one so not convinced on the butter part, but I might give it a wee go tomorrow morning. 

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

This is a chocolate and pistachio one so not convinced on the butter part, but I might give it a wee go tomorrow morning. 

Maybe not ideal - it’s worth a try on one of the fruit ones.

I had an aunt who was coeliac and she used to get bread from the chemist (I think it was on prescription).  It came in a tin!

Bought a new pair of Air Pods a few weeks ago. Woke up the morning after the Bootleg Beatles gig and nowhere to be seen. Up town next day heading to the Apple Store fully expecting to shell out another £150.00 for a new pair but thought what the hell, I'll give the Usher Hall a call on the very slight off chance that someone had found them and handed them in. Left them my number so went for a couple of beers. Got a call a couple of hours later saying yeah, they're here, just pop in and pick them up when you can. Big feck off YAY!!!

On 24/12/2023 at 15:05, JWL said:

Bought a new pair of Air Pods a few weeks ago. Woke up the morning after the Bootleg Beatles gig and nowhere to be seen. Up town next day heading to the Apple Store fully expecting to shell out another £150.00 for a new pair but thought what the hell, I'll give the Usher Hall a call on the very slight off chance that someone had found them and handed them in. Left them my number so went for a couple of beers. Got a call a couple of hours later saying yeah, they're here, just pop in and pick them up when you can. Big feck off YAY!!!

Awe that’s great news 👍

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Finally free from JKB jail (thoroughly deserved obviously). I can now post my usual pish again.

:yas:

2 hours ago, superjack said:

Finally free from JKB jail (thoroughly deserved obviously). I can now post my usual pish again.

What was it like sharing a cell with ri?

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

LOL.  must be an amnesty on this for the xmas period 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

One of the 'freed two' was doing his damnedest yesterday to be banged up again.  :lol: 

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

One of the 'freed two' was doing his damnedest yesterday to be banged up again.  :lol: 

😁

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

He knows who the daddy is.

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not at all; I done the crime amd I served the crime. Got the scars to prove it.

16 minutes ago, superjack said:

He knows who the daddy is.

Not at all; I done the crime amd I served the crime. Got the scars to prove it.

Good to see u back 😎

henrysmithsgloves

Watching my dogs first time out when it's snowing, running and jumping about like a pup🤣 brought a smile to my ugly mug😁❤️

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm not going to lie, jail has changed me!

Good to see you have rehabilitated . It can work fir some 

henrysmithsgloves

Flowers starting to show in my garden,spring not far away😁

Helzibob

In 8 weeks and 1 day I am flying out to Australia on holiday and will get to see my sister and her family for the first time since 2020. ☺️

• 3 weeks later...
Sooperstar

I got a puncture tonight. It happens to be in one of 2 tyres I already knew would need replaced when my car goes for MOT on Monday. 

1) my wee cousins second adoption got formalised by the judge this week. 

2) my mum got a last minute call on Wednesday that she could get her knee replacement operation today. I drove her through to Glasgow at 6am. 

3) 5 weeks tomorrow I head to Australia on holiday and get to see my sister and her family for the first time in 4 years.