Jump to content

The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)


Jimmy_McNulty

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, OBE said:

20 more sleeps and the days don't get any shorter...:sweeet:

Aye, its onwards and upwards after that, jan can be a chilly month though🥶.

and feb, maybe march, possibly april:facepalm:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JudyJudyJudy

    117

  • Dawnrazor

    86

  • superjack

    82

  • Helzibob

    78

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got in from work and was bloody freezing, turned the heating up full blast and chucked a pair of comfy shorts and hoody over the radiator for a while. You can’t beat clothes hot off the radiator. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Got in from work and was bloody freezing, turned the heating up full blast and chucked a pair of comfy shorts and hoody over the radiator for a while. You can’t beat clothes hot off the radiator. 

I've got both log burners on full blast tonight, a bottle of Malbec opened, the boy home from college, music on pretty loud and my ears still have a wee satisfying hum from last night's Almighty gig, things are pretty sweet tonight ☺️☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got both log burners on full blast tonight, a bottle of Malbec opened, the boy home from college, music on pretty loud and my ears still have a wee satisfying hum from last night's Almighty gig, things are pretty sweet tonight ☺️☺️

Malbec is also the choice here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Malbec is also the choice here. 

I've an Argentinian Zurriago tonight, very nice so it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've got both log burners on full blast tonight, a bottle of Malbec opened, the boy home from college, music on pretty loud and my ears still have a wee satisfying hum from last night's Almighty gig, things are pretty sweet tonight ☺️☺️

has the boy knocked up any of the uni lassies yet? or has he not told you that you are going to be grandpa dawn soon?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

has the boy knocked up any of the uni lassies yet? or has he not told you that you are going to be grandpa dawn soon?

As far as I know impregnation hasn't yet happened 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Not had pannetone for years but had a gluten free one delivered from Tupiniqum yesterday. I've just had a big slice for breakfast with a coffee and it was fantastic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Not had pannetone for years but had a gluten free one delivered from Tupiniqum yesterday. I've just had a big slice for breakfast with a coffee and it was fantastic. 

Did you toast it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

No, I've never tried it toasted. 

Probably not the ‘right’ thing to do but it’s great toasted with a wee bit of (good) butter.  (Has to be butter!)

It burns easy though so you have to keep an eye on it.

Edited by FWJ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, FWJ said:

Probably not the ‘right’ thing to do but it’s great toasted with a wee bit of (good) butter.  (Has to be butter!)

This is a chocolate and pistachio one so not convinced on the butter part, but I might give it a wee go tomorrow morning. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

This is a chocolate and pistachio one so not convinced on the butter part, but I might give it a wee go tomorrow morning. 

Maybe not ideal - it’s worth a try on one of the fruit ones.

 

I had an aunt who was coeliac and she used to get bread from the chemist (I think it was on prescription).  It came in a tin!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bought a new pair of Air Pods a few weeks ago. Woke up the morning after the Bootleg Beatles gig and nowhere to be seen. Up town next day heading to the Apple Store fully expecting to shell out another £150.00 for a new pair but thought what the hell, I'll give the Usher Hall a call on the very slight off chance that someone had found them and handed them in. Left them my number so went for a couple of beers. Got a call a couple of hours later saying yeah, they're here, just pop in and pick them up when you can. Big feck off YAY!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/12/2023 at 15:05, JWL said:

Bought a new pair of Air Pods a few weeks ago. Woke up the morning after the Bootleg Beatles gig and nowhere to be seen. Up town next day heading to the Apple Store fully expecting to shell out another £150.00 for a new pair but thought what the hell, I'll give the Usher Hall a call on the very slight off chance that someone had found them and handed them in. Left them my number so went for a couple of beers. Got a call a couple of hours later saying yeah, they're here, just pop in and pick them up when you can. Big feck off YAY!!!

Awe that’s great news 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, superjack said:

Finally free from JKB jail (thoroughly deserved obviously). I can now post my usual pish again.

:yas:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, superjack said:

Finally free from JKB jail (thoroughly deserved obviously). I can now post my usual pish again.

What was it like sharing a cell with ri?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What was it like sharing a cell with ri?

 

 

LOL.  must be an amnesty on this for the xmas period 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

LOL.  must be an amnesty on this for the xmas period 

One of the 'freed two' was doing his damnedest yesterday to be banged up again.  :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

One of the 'freed two' was doing his damnedest yesterday to be banged up again.  :lol: 

😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

What was it like sharing a cell with ri?

 

 

He knows who the daddy is.

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

LOL.  must be an amnesty on this for the xmas period 

Not at all; I done the crime amd I served the crime. Got the scars to prove it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, superjack said:

He knows who the daddy is.

Not at all; I done the crime amd I served the crime. Got the scars to prove it.

Good to see u back 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

henrysmithsgloves

Watching my dogs first time out when it's snowing, running and jumping about like a pup🤣 brought a smile to my ugly mug😁❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm not going to lie, jail has changed me!

Good to see you have rehabilitated . It can work fir some 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

henrysmithsgloves

Flowers starting to show in my garden,spring not far away😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Helzibob

In 8 weeks and 1 day I am flying out to Australia on holiday and will get to see my sister and her family for the first time since 2020. ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Sooperstar

I got a puncture tonight. It happens to be in one of 2 tyres I already knew would need replaced when my car goes for MOT on Monday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1) my wee cousins second adoption got formalised by the judge this week. 
 

2) my mum got a last minute call on Wednesday that she could get her knee replacement operation today. I drove her through to Glasgow at 6am. 
 

3) 5 weeks tomorrow I head to Australia on holiday and get to see my sister and her family for the first time in 4 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Helzibob said:

1) my wee cousins second adoption got formalised by the judge this week. 
 

2) my mum got a last minute call on Wednesday that she could get her knee replacement operation today. I drove her through to Glasgow at 6am. 
 

3) 5 weeks tomorrow I head to Australia on holiday and get to see my sister and her family for the first time in 4 years. 

👌👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
kawasakijambo
"Judy, Judy, Judy" in a movie? Well, it turns out that this iconic phrase actually originated from a nightclub act rather than a film. Let's take a trip back to the 1950s when comedian Larry Storch was starting his career as an impersonator in nightclubs.
One fateful night, Larry Storch was on stage performing his impersonation of Cary Grant when Judy Garland happened to walk into the room. Seizing the opportunity, Larry used his Cary Grant voice to invite Judy Garland to join him on stage. However, Judy wasn't interested and decided to turn her back and walk away.
In a desperate attempt to grab her attention, Larry Storch shouted in his Cary Grant voice, "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" To everyone's surprise, this line became an instant hit, bringing the house down with laughter. The next day, news spread about how Judy had snubbed Larry while he was impersonating Cary Grant.
From that moment on, the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" gained popularity and was picked up by other impersonators. Interestingly, Cary Grant himself may have been puzzled by the line, as it has become one of the many Hollywood apocrypha of lines never actually said by stars.
Larry Storch went on to have a successful career playing comic film roles, eventually reaching his peak as the emotional Corporal Agarn in the television series "F Troop." While the line may not have originated from a movie, it has undoubtedly left its mark in entertainment history as an unforgettable catchphrase.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, kawasakijambo said:
"Judy, Judy, Judy" in a movie? Well, it turns out that this iconic phrase actually originated from a nightclub act rather than a film. Let's take a trip back to the 1950s when comedian Larry Storch was starting his career as an impersonator in nightclubs.
One fateful night, Larry Storch was on stage performing his impersonation of Cary Grant when Judy Garland happened to walk into the room. Seizing the opportunity, Larry used his Cary Grant voice to invite Judy Garland to join him on stage. However, Judy wasn't interested and decided to turn her back and walk away.
In a desperate attempt to grab her attention, Larry Storch shouted in his Cary Grant voice, "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" To everyone's surprise, this line became an instant hit, bringing the house down with laughter. The next day, news spread about how Judy had snubbed Larry while he was impersonating Cary Grant.
From that moment on, the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" gained popularity and was picked up by other impersonators. Interestingly, Cary Grant himself may have been puzzled by the line, as it has become one of the many Hollywood apocrypha of lines never actually said by stars.
Larry Storch went on to have a successful career playing comic film roles, eventually reaching his peak as the emotional Corporal Agarn in the television series "F Troop." While the line may not have originated from a movie, it has undoubtedly left its mark in entertainment history as an unforgettable catchphrase.

I kinda knew some of the story ! She cleverly had it on her classic , some say the greatest live concert album too . But I’m biased 😎

IMG_7213.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, kawasakijambo said:
"Judy, Judy, Judy" in a movie? Well, it turns out that this iconic phrase actually originated from a nightclub act rather than a film. Let's take a trip back to the 1950s when comedian Larry Storch was starting his career as an impersonator in nightclubs.
One fateful night, Larry Storch was on stage performing his impersonation of Cary Grant when Judy Garland happened to walk into the room. Seizing the opportunity, Larry used his Cary Grant voice to invite Judy Garland to join him on stage. However, Judy wasn't interested and decided to turn her back and walk away.
In a desperate attempt to grab her attention, Larry Storch shouted in his Cary Grant voice, "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" To everyone's surprise, this line became an instant hit, bringing the house down with laughter. The next day, news spread about how Judy had snubbed Larry while he was impersonating Cary Grant.
From that moment on, the line "Judy, Judy, Judy, you can't do this to me!" gained popularity and was picked up by other impersonators. Interestingly, Cary Grant himself may have been puzzled by the line, as it has become one of the many Hollywood apocrypha of lines never actually said by stars.
Larry Storch went on to have a successful career playing comic film roles, eventually reaching his peak as the emotional Corporal Agarn in the television series "F Troop." While the line may not have originated from a movie, it has undoubtedly left its mark in entertainment history as an unforgettable catchphrase.

And her ancestry is Scottish too

 

 

https://www.electricscotland.com/webclans/minibios/g/garland_judy.htm?fbclid=IwAR2xBEFRCzWkGDsu1noNRu2KyEUHZnFHqpC0XvjMKoY4NFVSPj9vgi7eVTE_aem_Ac1WNbF4HOJ0_ZP__YYPtG_bp0tgo8KQc9W65xAYfh4KDQiI-7YvM02sYPhwWhH1IJ0

 

 

 

IMG_7217.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harry Potter

Made me laugh, Fast Park Key Allocator, 😃, or in working mans terms, a parking attendant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...