The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
When the Titanic sank, it carried millionaire John Jacob Astor IV. The money in his bank account was enough to build 30 Titanics. However, faced with mortal danger, he chose what he deemed morally right and gave up his spot in a lifeboat to save two frightened children.
Millionaire Isidor Straus, co-owner of the largest American chain of department stores, "Macy's," who was also on the Titanic, said:
"I will never enter a lifeboat before other men."
His wife, Ida Straus, also refused to board the lifeboat, giving her spot to her newly appointed maid, Ellen Bird. She decided to spend her last moments of life with her husband.
These wealthy individuals preferred to part with their wealth, and even their lives, rather than compromise their moral principles. Their choice in favor of moral values highlighted the brilliance of human civilization and human nature.

436361596_435089579204083_7277574073517527299_n.jpg

On 09/04/2024 at 01:52, Tazio said:

Got myself a new bike so I can have more fun annoying drivers. Also means I can hand my old one into bike station so they can recycle (pun intended) to sell it on to someone that can’t afford a new bike. 

Show and tell, please. 

18 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Show and tell, please. 

So can spot me and run me over? 🤣🤣

IMG_2059.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So can spot me and run me over? 🤣🤣

IMG_2059.jpeg

Beautiful. 😍

Not at all, fellow cyclist - though more off-road than roadie lately. 

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Beautiful. 😍

Not at all, fellow cyclist - though more off-road than roadie lately. 

This one is the best of both worlds. It’s got 35mm cyclocross tyres on it so getting off road isn’t a chore and clearance for up to 40mm. 

3 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Bike wankers.

You just stick to tootling around in your wee tug boat. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You just stick to tootling around in your wee tug boat. 

Bitches Love Tugboats

Aye. :( 

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

Bitches Love Tugboats

That was a worryingly quick find of that meme. Unless of course you have it on file for the ladies…

il Duce McTarkin

That was a worryingly quick find of that meme. Unless of course you have it on file for the ladies…

Bitches love memes...

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This one is the best of both worlds. It’s got 35mm cyclocross tyres on it so getting off road isn’t a chore and clearance for up to 40mm. 

Pretty perfect, faster than a gravel too right?

10 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Pretty perfect, faster than a gravel too right?

I like a cyclocross bike but some people find the handling a bit twitchy as they are short wheelbase and high bottom bracket compared to a gravel bike. So you can go faster than a gravel bike over tight terrain but it needs more commitment. Lighter though unless you’re spending big bucks on carbon gravel bikes. 
Edit. Riding clipless pedals helps as well. I’ve got them on all my bikes including MTBs, I can’t be doing with flats, too many scars on my shins as it is from them when I was a kid. 

Edited by Tazio

Jim_Duncan
50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You just stick to tugging around in your wee toot boat. 

FTFY

45 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I like a cyclocross bike but some people find the handling a bit twitchy as they are short wheelbase and high bottom bracket compared to a gravel bike. So you can go faster than a gravel bike over tight terrain but it needs more commitment. Lighter though unless you’re spending big bucks on carbon gravel bikes. 
Edit. Riding clipless pedals helps as well. I’ve got them on all my bikes including MTBs, I can’t be doing with flats, too many scars on my shins as it is from them when I was a kid. 

Sounds fun man. I've got SPDs on my Giant roadie, but some very gnarly flats on my MTB & E-Hybrid, I just much prefer the looser feel off-road as I sometimes go up mud and slippy trails and have moments of, ahem, zero momentum...

Nothing beats a nice bit of single-track or good tarmac (the latter being a fecking rarity these days!). 

JudyJudyJudy

There was a right tosser cyclist dinging his bell frantically before  trying to pass me at the Union canal the night ! Like I never seen him coming . Fud 

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

There was a right tosser cyclist dinging his bell frantically before  trying to pass me at the Union canal the night ! Like I never seen him coming . Fud 

So he was behind you but you saw him? And it’s good practice to ding your bell and make sure the person notices it so you don’t alarm them as you pass. You’d be complaining if they’d just silently came up behind you and passed with no warning. 

JudyJudyJudy

So he was behind you but you saw him? And it’s good practice to ding your bell and make sure the person notices it so you don’t alarm them as you pass. You’d be complaining if they’d just silently came up behind you and passed with no warning. 

No he was in front of me ! Hence not understanding why he was frantically dinging his ringer 

No he was in front of me ! Hence not understanding why he was frantically dinging his ringer 

How bizarre. It almost sounds like a made up story for effect. If I was a more cynical person of course. 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

How bizarre. It almost sounds like a made up story for effect. If I was a more cynical person of course. 

It’s not exactly an outlandish “ made up story “ is it ? 

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s not exactly an outlandish “ made up story “ is it ? 

Not outlandish, just a regular made up story. People are quite happily chatting about cycling on a thread that is meant to be about things that make you happy, and of course just by sheer chance you have a story which is anti that. And of course a recent one. What’s the chances? 

JudyJudyJudy

Not outlandish, just a regular made up story. People are quite happily chatting about cycling on a thread that is meant to be about things that make you happy, and of course just by sheer chance you have a story which is anti that. And of course a recent one. What’s the chances? 

Dearie effin me ! What an absolute 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dearie effin me ! What an absolute 

Absolute what? Fantasist? 

8 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

On the yay thread?  Seriously?

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Sydney said:

On the yay thread?  Seriously?

Yes should have been on the seethe thread . My error 

When the ticket machine on the bus is broken and the driver just waves you on without having to pay.

:verysmug: 

il Duce McTarkin
On 19/04/2024 at 21:51, JudyJudyJudy said:

For a while I stopped walking down by the canal on account of the constant dinging and fuds hooring past al la Tour de France.

Now I just chuck the cans on and crank up the beats while walking in blissful ignorance of the queue of bike wankers trying to get past. Yay.

luckyBatistuta
On 20/04/2024 at 15:02, Cade said:

When the ticket machine on the bus is broken and the driver just waves you on without having to pay.

:verysmug: 

Hiya Marty :wave1:

24 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

For a while I stopped walking down by the canal on account of the constant dinging and fuds hooring past al la Tour de France.

Now I just chuck the cans on and crank up the beats while walking in blissful ignorance of the queue of bike wankers trying to get past. Yay.

I like your style Gov😁
Yay

Edited by luckyBatistuta

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

So I’m not the only one ! Nippy ***** 

JudyJudyJudy

I liked this 

Good lad 

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8221.jpeg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

il Duce McTarkin
2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yay

Yay.

il Duce McTarkin
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I liked this 

Good lad 

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8221.jpeg

Good Yay, james.

Boy has his head screwed on.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Good Yay, james.

Boy has his head screwed on.

Yes . Seems a great lad 

il Duce McTarkin

Yes . Seems a great lad 

He seems to have a grasp on what's important in life. 

Looks are ephemeral, love isn't. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

He seems to have a grasp on what's important in life. 

Looks are ephemeral, love isn't. 

👍👍

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/04/2024 at 21:56, JudyJudyJudy said:

Would you have preferred that he was ringing his dinger?