The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Thought I was pissed, clearly not only one. 😂

Boiling water up the hoop ouch .

:lol:

You can tell that I don't operate at the end of the price range that woud know offhand what one of those was!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il Duce McTarkin
6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Thankfully Jeeves and Benson are apt at ktfo of schemie twats😉 so such a fate wouldn't await my gaff. 

The manservants formerly known as Jeeves and Benson are at the bottom of the moat wrapped to a concrete fence post with chicken wire.

il Duce McTarkin
30 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The Benson part isn't actually a joke, name of, my actual house sitter 😂

*former house sitter.

I guess I’d be expected to say ‘yay’ to watching five minutes of international cricket ( :bigyawn: ) in the sunshine today.

’fraid I can’t though as it was as boring as feck.

Perhaps this tale of boredom should have been posted on the seethe thread?

Y’know what, who the feck cares?

Portable Badger

After helping my son for three friggin days he finally submitted his Dissertation for his Uni Finals. Deadline 2300 hrs Friday and he submitted it at 2238hrs.

So yay for getting his last coursework out the way and that’s him finished his degree but yay I’m going to have his knackers for leaving it so late to get his ass in gear !!

JudyJudyJudy

I was scrolling through my Facebook this morning and saw someone had attended a wedding . There were various pics and it was hard to work out who the bride and groom were .

duh It was a gay wedding . Two men . From a person who lived through the horrible homophobic 1980s it’s so nice to see this really . But it’s amazing I still think like that , making the assumption that it was a male / female . Great to see such progression though . 

JudyJudyJudy

Heart warming story

Mark Twain and his close companion, John T. Lewis, were captured standing side by side at Quarry Farm in Elmira, New York, back in 1903. Many have speculated that Lewis served as the inspiration for the character "Jim" in Twain's famous novel, "Huckleberry Finn."

John T. Lewis, born a freedman in Maryland in 1835, eventually settled in Elmira, NY. One fateful day, as he was returning from the market, his life took an unexpected turn. A carriage pulled by a runaway horse came hurtling down the road towards him, carrying three terrified women. Reacting swiftly, Lewis leaped from his wagon and managed to grasp the bridle, bringing the horse to a stop and saving the lives of the frightened passengers.

The women turned out to be the wife, daughter, and nurse of the wealthy Charles Langdon family, residents of Quarry Farm. As Charles Langdon was related to Samuel Clemens (known by his pen name, Mark Twain), the family was deeply grateful to Lewis for his heroic act. General Langdon presented Lewis with a generous check of one thousand dollars and later gifted him a gold watch engraved with a heartfelt message, commemorating the date of the brave rescue.

During this incident, Mark Twain happened to be visiting Quarry Farm and witnessed Lewis's heroism. In admiration and appreciation, Twain personally bestowed fifty dollars and a set of books with inscriptions to Lewis. With these gifts, Lewis was able to clear his entire sixty-four-acre farm. Furthermore, he became employed by the Langdons on Quarry Farm, strengthening his bond with Mark Twain.

This bond between Lewis and Twain grew into a close and enduring friendship that lasted for over three decades. The two were often photographed together, especially during Twain's visits to the Langdon residence, where he frequently engaged in his writing. Twain once expressed, "I have not known a honester man or a more respect-worthy one." when referring to his esteemed friend John T. Lewis.

#HistoryCaptain #History

IMG_5279.jpeg

Every year, our village has a barbecue down at the shore. All we need to supply is our drink. Last night I walked down the road with a box of Stella. There was a raffle and I won a bottle of Ardmore, the bottle only lasted 30 minutes. Had a few more drinks, then the next thing I knew, I was at my neighbours house. I suddenly realised that I'd lost my wedding ring. Walked back down first thing, someone had taken a metal detector down. And after 20 minutes, I found it! Due to the elation of finding it, I now don't feel my hangover.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, superjack said:

Every year, our village has a barbecue down at the shore. All we need to supply is our drink. Last night I walked down the road with a box of Stella. There was a raffle and I won a bottle of Ardmore, the bottle only lasted 30 minutes. Had a few more drinks, then the next thing I knew, I was at my neighbours house. I suddenly realised that I'd lost my wedding ring. Walked back down first thing, someone had taken a metal detector down. And after 20 minutes, I found it! Due to the elation of finding it, I now don't feel my hangover.

How did you lose your wedding ring ? Surely it’s glued to your finger ? Unless you were up to something ? 😂

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

How did you lose your wedding ring ? Surely it’s glued to your finger ? Unless you were up to something ? 😂

A couple of years ago, I lost 4 stone in weight. Also, when we got married, I worked at sea on fish farms. With all the hauling of nets, I had muscular fingers (probably why she married me). Due to this, my ring is a couple of sizes too big. The jewelers in stornoway won't resize it for me as it's 2 bands. I went to the 1 in Bathgate and they wouldn't do it and post it to me. Just been to lazy in actually getting it done.

Or, I could just say my ring has been over stretched!

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, superjack said:

Or, I could just say my ring has been over stretched!

Happens to the best of us really 👍

16 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Happens to the best of us really 👍

😅😅😅😅😅

Dick Dastardly
On 29/07/2023 at 16:21, Lord BJ said:

Being high….ohh such a nice feeling

Oh the memories. It's been far too long. 

Dick Dastardly
27 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

oops i did it again...surprised by that  

😂 😂 It should be illegal though. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂 😂 It should be illegal though. 

It should be,  ive walked out of places when they insist on card payments,

• 2 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy

This gives me some mild pleasure. Since I am against the cashless society I try to use money as much as possible.  I like the look on shop assistants faces when they hand you the card reader expecting you are paying by card but you say " no im paying by cash".  

Even more alarming half of them struggle to work out what actual change they should be given back.  

Getting 8 Airbnb hosts to have to give up their ‘business’.  

Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold.

:yas: 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Getting 8 Airbnb hosts to have to give up their ‘business’.  

Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold.

:yas: 

Funny enough a neighbour has also had to give up his air b and b too. He had been working in London  and rented his Edinburgh flat out but it became too expensive for him to stay so back up here. 

Result.

Air b and B destroys what left of any sense of a cohesive community. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Funny enough a neighbour has also had to give up his air b and b too. He had been working in London  and rented his Edinburgh flat out but it became too expensive for him to stay so back up here. 

Result.

Air b and B destroys what left of any sense of a cohesive community. 

Indeed, Jude.

We took on a fight because nobody else was willing to.  It wasn’t even affecting us as it was going on in a building a good distance away from our villa. Almost two years it took us, but we got them stopped.

Someone in the offending building had just bought a wee flat in March this year with a view to ‘making a fortune’ from lettings on the Airbnb platform!  

No luck!  :lol: 

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Indeed, Jude.

We took on a fight because nobody else was willing to.  It wasn’t even affecting us as it was going on in a building a good distance away from our villa. Almost two years it took us, but we got them stopped.

Someone in the offending building had just bought a wee flat in March this year with a view to ‘making a fortune’ from lettings on the Airbnb platform!  

No luck!  :lol: 

Great news. Same with my neighbour. He wasnt interested in staying in the flat. He was wanting it as a cash cow.  However to be fair to him there was never any bother from those who rented it. 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Great news. Same with my neighbour. He wasnt interested in staying in the flat. He was wanting it as a cash cow.  However to be fair to him there was never any bother from those who rented it. 

It would have been only a matter of time until there was bother.

Folk don’t care.

JudyJudyJudy
57 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It would have been only a matter of time until there was bother.

Folk don’t care.

Yes , more than likely 

In the boozer from 3 yesterday until closing time (daughters 21st birthday this weekend), wake up this morning and no hangover.

I wish it was always like this.

6 hours ago, superjack said:

In the boozer from 3 yesterday until closing time (daughters 21st birthday this weekend), wake up this morning and no hangover.

I had two and a half glasses of red wine last night, said to myself "be sensible" woke up this morning feeling as rough as ****, should've just necked both bottles, don't think I'd have felt worse.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, superjack said:

No sure about you but i always think that if you have had a great time the night before you dont have much of a hangover ?

2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Roadworks finally finished on Queensferry Road at Craigleith

That was a nightmare for us ‘tourists’!  😀

14 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No sure about you but i always think that if you have had a great time the night before you dont have much of a hangover ?

I think I've proved your theory wrong James. We all went out again yesterday and I feel like shite this morning. In fact, I believe my hangover may be terminal. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, superjack said:

In fact, I believe my hangover may be terminal.

Me ? wrong again? Never....awe dont be a pussy...Youll be fine the morrow. :) 

JudyJudyJudy

Win at the bingo last night . Bottle of white wine , prosecu and £16 . It was music bingo and was in “ Stratfords” of all places ! No bad night 

JudyJudyJudy
Dick Dastardly
JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Boo hiss. 

When i worked in a pub years ago a customer used to put it on the jukebox  all the time . argggghh

48 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

When i worked in a pub years ago a customer used to put it on the jukebox  all the time . argggghh

Don't suppose it was in Tollcross? We had a regular in the Kings Arms who only asked for 1 song, the whole of the moon. I fecking hate that song!

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That is definitely one way to ruin a song, I'll give you that. I've had many ruined that way. 

On 20/08/2023 at 12:12, JudyJudyJudy said:

I understand why you don't like it. I'm the same with Year of the Cat by Al Stewart after a holiday in Santa Ponsa years ago. Hotel used to play it about 10 times a day!

JudyJudyJudy
On 20/08/2023 at 13:02, superjack said:

Don't suppose it was in Tollcross? We had a regular in the Kings Arms who only asked for 1 song, the whole of the moon. I fecking hate that song!

No it was a pub in the city centre area Jack. Another song played incessantly was " a little time" by the beautiful south. But i quite liked it. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 20/08/2023 at 12:02, superjack said:

Quite like a pint or two in the Kings Arms.

11 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Quite like a pint or two in the Kings Arms.

I was in in April for the first time since the 17th May 1998. Place hasn't really changed. It was my regular pub before I worked there.

il Duce McTarkin
43 minutes ago, superjack said:

I was in in April for the first time since the 17th May 1998. Place hasn't really changed. It was my regular pub before I worked there.

Aye, it's never been a regular of mine but it's always been nice to drop into over the decades, and like you say, it's still much the same.

A nice wee constant in a sea of change.

1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Aye, it's never been a regular of mine but it's always been nice to drop into over the decades, and like you say, it's still much the same.

A nice wee constant in a sea of change.

I've probably served you at some point.

I seem 1 of my mates from when u still lived in Edinburgh that I hadn't seen in 24 years. He was the only person in there from my time.

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

I understand why you don't like it. I'm the same with Year of the Cat by Al Stewart after a holiday in Santa Ponsa years ago. Hotel used to play it about 10 times a day!

Theres a guid You Tube video doing the rounds of year of the cat, 😃.