The all new "yay" thread! (aka the anti-seethe thread)

Jimmy_McNulty

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Dawnrazor

• Morgan

• Helzibob

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user

I got ripped off in a drug deal and called the police.

They've just been round to confirm details and advise me for the future, I've got a crime reference number and will be getting the money back from the bank.

Mon the 21st century!

Tynecastle_Park
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I got ripped off in a drug deal and called the police.

They've just been round to confirm details and advise me for the future, I've got a crime reference number and will be getting the money back from the bank.

Mon the 21st century!

😂 please say this is true?

I have a similar story invovling an online "pharmacy"...

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

😂 please say this is true?

I have a similar story invovling an online "pharmacy"...

It's gen! I reckon the fact that the guys who do the prescription are based in Harley St, gives it a certain legitimacy.

I've been getting prescription weed but it's boring after a while, and you have to pay for consultations every quarter, so when I couldn't afford one I stopped.

I tried to buy some from this guy on Facebook, we negotiated a price, I paid, then he tried to charge for polythene, making it up to the value he originally wanted.

Obviously I said no and asked for a refund, he refused, and I refused to pay more, and after a frank exchange of opinions, I called the police - not to investigate, but because I know Romanian gangs are committing fraud all over FB etc. They were more interested in the details of the bank account I sent it to than anything else.

The lassie who came round told me they couldn't investigate the crime of a drug deal not going through, but the intelligence will be added. I should really sign up again, you never know where it's come from, who's produced it, etc., and that was that.

Tbh they were great about it, both on the phone and in person.

Tynecastle_Park
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's gen! I reckon the fact that the guys who do the prescription are based in Harley St, gives it a certain legitimacy.

I've been getting prescription weed but it's boring after a while, and you have to pay for consultations every quarter, so when I couldn't afford one I stopped.

I tried to buy some from this guy on Facebook, we negotiated a price, I paid, then he tried to charge for polythene, making it up to the value he originally wanted.

Obviously I said no and asked for a refund, he refused, and I refused to pay more, and after a frank exchange of opinions, I called the police - not to investigate, but because I know Romanian gangs are committing fraud all over FB etc. They were more interested in the details of the bank account I sent it to than anything else.

The lassie who came round told me they couldn't investigate the crime of a drug deal not going through, but the intelligence will be added. I should really sign up again, you never know where it's come from, who's produced it, etc., and that was that.

Tbh they were great about it, both on the phone and in person.

That was similar to what happened to me (though it wasn't for weed but sleeping pills).

I paid money as they claimed they could deliver to me.

I highlighted on here (look uo DHC pharmacy). Out of curiosity the bank you transferred money into doesn't have the initials "A S" but any chance?

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

That was similar to what happened to me (though it wasn't for weed but sleeping pills).

I highlighted on here (look uo DHC pharmacy). Out of curiosity the bank you transferred money into doesn't have the initials "A S" but any chance?

No, different to that, it was a Latvian name with a Revolut account

Tynecastle_Park
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, different to that, it was a Latvian name with a Revolut account

The person who conned me has the account name "Anastasia Nazarova"

1 hour ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

13 minutes ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

The person who conned me has the account name "Anastasia Nazarova"

Hang on, I thought you said it was a vulnerable relative that got ripped off? Sounds like it was you. 

Tynecastle_Park
24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hang on, I thought you said it was a vulnerable relative that got ripped off? Sounds like it was you. 

It was, I didn't realise I had made that known when I originally wrote the initial thread

9 hours ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

You paid the money? That wasn't the original story! 

Tynecastle_Park
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You paid the money? That wasn't the original story! 

Nah, it was a family member. I didn't realise I had confirmed that

2 minutes ago, Tynecastle_Park said:

Nah, it was a family member. I didn't realise I had confirmed that

Whatever helps you sleep at night 👍

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Am I understanding this correctly. 

You phoned the old bill and basically said I’ve been ripped off in an attempted drug deal. The police view this as fraud as you paid for something you didn’t get. 

Therefore, the police give you a crime number to enable you to claim the money back from the bank? This crime number has been left open for you, so if your to get ripped off in a drug deal, again, your covered? Just give the number to bank and piff paff poof the bank will refund. 

Actually, thinking it through despite in being counter intuitive  the logic from the police is probably correct. 

Can I ask what sort of sum of money we are talking? Cool if don’t want to say. 

The crime number hasn't been left open, the case is closed with no further investigation, but the info will be added to their Intel against the fraud gangs. As long as I give the crime number, the back should refund, they're insured.

It was a bit of a leap of faith for me to go from knowing I have a legal right to possess and consume, to hoping the officer that visited work see it that way too, but honestly, they were great. I was buying a cheeky oz btw.

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Ahh ok. 

Yeah, fair play and not sure I would have had balls to do it. Glad you got/getting your money back and hopefully you’re sorted in the other dept as well. 

Hopefully, karma catches up with the scammer. 

👍

• 2 weeks later...

I'd completely forgot that we got tickets for the Gallagher Semi Final today, so off to see Sale Sharks v Leicester Tigers 👍

• 3 weeks later...
Harry Potter

My wife just asked me if i want to go for coffee with her and her pal, :facepalm:dont think so.

Got ma hair to wash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dick Dastardly

Never thought I'd be yaying this but I'm fair happy it's raining. The smell of petrichor is immense 

Edited by Dick Dastardly

47 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Never thought I'd be yaying this but I'm fair happy it's raining. The smell of petrichor is immense 

Hopefully it calms the fecking pollen down, I’ve had a week of hay fever hell. 

Dick Dastardly
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Hopefully it calms the fecking pollen down, I’ve had a week of hay fever hell. 

I can't imagine how bad it must've been. Thoughts and prayers pal, thoughts and prayers. 

• 2 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy

I was at the supermarket getting my messages the other day. I forgot my card and only had £5 on me.  The total was £22.  The security guard who works there offered  to pay the remainder for me and I could get it back off him once he came back from annual leave ( it was his last shift). I thanked him but just put some of the messages back and left.  That was lovely though. ( he often chats away to me when I am in the store). 

Unknown user
53 minutes ago, Cade said:

When you listen to an old album for the first time in ages

wash face.jpg

Every time I remember to put the Kinks on

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was at the supermarket getting my messages the other day. I forgot my card and only had £5 on me.  The total was £22.  The security guard who works there offered  to pay the remainder for me and I could get it back off him once he came back from annual leave ( it was his last shift). I thanked him but just put some of the messages back and left.  That was lovely though. ( he often chats away to me when I am in the store). 

You sure he wasn't wanting the boabby? 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

You sure he wasn't wanting the boabby? 

I’d hope my boabby was worth more than £22 ! 

IMG_1533.gif

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’d hope my boabby was worth more than £22 ! 

IMG_1533.gif

😂 😂 😂 It was nice of him to offer though. You'll need to give him a tip next time you see him

4 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

😂 😂 😂 It was nice of him to offer though. You'll need to give him a tip next time you see him

Just the tip?

:look:

2 hours ago, Cade said:

When you listen to an old album for the first time in ages

wash face.jpg

Oddly I did that exact thing earlier. Listened to Illinois by Sufjan Stevens for the first time in a very long time. Still a masterpiece. 

Edited by Tazio

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Just the tip?

:look:

IMG_4007.gif

6 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And you don’t have Apple pay or the android equivalent? I rarely even get a card out now and just use my phone all the time. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

And you don’t have Apple pay or the android equivalent? I rarely even get a card out now and just use my phone all the time. 

No I prefer to use cash as much as I can or my card . I’m against a cashless society really for numerous reasons . 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, R9. said:

Where was that if you don’t mind me asking 

Near me 😂

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I prefer to use cash as much as I can or my card . I’m against a cashless society really for numerous reasons . 

you should have a choice , cash or card.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

you should have a choice , cash or card.

Yep . The send check out I was using yesterday malfunctioned and it took ages to get it fixed . I said to the lad assistant , that doesn’t happen with humans . It’s all about greed and profit from those big shops . Nothin. To

do with customer care . Plus a cashless society means we are slaves to the govt and banks as they could easily curb access to money . No thanks 

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No I prefer to use cash as much as I can or my card . I’m against a cashless society really for tax reasons . 

fixed that for you

JudyJudyJudy
5 hours ago, Cade said:

fixed that for you

No that’s in my off shore account 😂

JudyJudyJudy

I was in my local star bucks and there’s a really friendly lass who works behind the counter . Always happy and smiling and well mannered . I went online to their site to complete an evaluation visit and praised her . Hope she gets to hear about it . 

henrysmithsgloves
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was in my local star bucks and there’s a really friendly lass who works behind the counter . Always happy and smiling and well mannered . I went online to their site to complete an evaluation visit and praised her . Hope she gets to hear about it . 

Only hear if there's a problem when working at Arnold shark🤬

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Only hear if there's a problem when working at Arnold shark🤬

Yes . Seems to be a complain culture now . So I thought it would be nice to be positive . I’ve had bad customer care but never complained . Apart from time last year in a pub when I refused to put on. Mask 😷 lol 

henrysmithsgloves
15 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes . Seems to be a complain culture now . So I thought it would be nice to be positive . I’ve had bad customer care but never complained . Apart from time last year in a pub when I refused to put on. Mask 😷 lol 

Don't blame yourself 

th-3466312890.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Don't blame yourself 

th-3466312890.jpg

😂😂😂

IMG_4738.gif

I feel a bit guilty as I've had a right skive the last couple of days, dropped my son off at Grasmere yesterday for his D of E Silver medal jaunt, went and looked a Bracken job while I was up there, had a "paper work day" today, done most of it at night during the week so relaxed a bit, got a bottle of Malbec for tonight, most of the day in the lakes tomorrow picking the boy up,my birthday next week so having a few days off, all a bit peachy really!

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I feel a bit guilty as I've had a right skive the last couple of days, dropped my son off at Grasmere yesterday for his D of E Silver medal jaunt, went and looked a Bracken job while I was up there, had a "paper work day" today, done most of it at night during the week so relaxed a bit, got a bottle of Malbec for tonight, most of the day in the lakes tomorrow picking the boy up,my birthday next week so having a few days off, all a bit peachy really!

Its called having time for your self, more folk should try it, enjoy.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Its called having time for your self, more folk should try it, enjoy.

Indeed, and thanks.