Kodi again

Unknown user

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Least you know your way around the os and you will notice the difference.

Yes had the stick for years so hopefully I'll be able to get the hang off the box quickly enough 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Ready to give up on my firebox & firestick. Can't get anything to work. When something does start its only a matter of time before it starts buffering. Can't remember the last time I got a decent stream for football. 

37 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Ready to give up on my firebox & firestick. Can't get anything to work. When something does start its only a matter of time before it starts buffering. Can't remember the last time I got a decent stream for football. 

Football streams are pretty fecked unless you pay.

Still worth it for Box-sets and movies though.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Football streams are pretty fecked unless you pay.

Still worth it for Box-sets and movies though.

Yeh I had sportmania & Ace TV which started buffering all the time so just chance my luck with either sports devil or Maverick these days. 

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Yeh I had sportmania & Ace TV which started buffering all the time so just chance my luck with either sports devil or Maverick these days. 

My Sportsmania works perfect on my AFTV, just need a VPN, they’re not expensive.

chester copperpot
On 06/01/2018 at 08:41, John18 said:

Kodi builds makes things pretty easy for a newbie but what I feel is, apart from those best add-ons, there is nothing you use. But some Kodi builds has great skins which make me stick to the builds. I am using No Limits Magic on my laptop and FireTV Guru on FIrestick. Both are just awesome. OneAlliance looks great but it just made my device very heavy. Here are some best Kodi builds: https://www.thetechtoys.com/best-kodi-builds/

I put the latter onto my aftv box after this recommendation.

I really like it so far

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, butch said:

Thanks very much 

Only you can’t get these anymore unless you maybe get a second hand one on eBay or whatever. 

I don’t know anybody who uses the new ones yet. 

14 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Ethernet or wireless connection for the box? What speeds you getting from your ISP? Do you use a VPN?

14 hours ago, Pennywise said:

I binned Kodi weeks ago,  watched the Cardiff City game yesterday on my Fire TV box. Perfect picture, no buffering. I watched on Live NetTV, Vigin Media broadband, ethernet connection to the box via a powerline adapter. My wife was watching a film on the other Fire TV box downstairs at the same time.

27 minutes ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Ethernet or wireless connection for the box? What speeds you getting from your ISP? Do you use a VPN?

Its wireless. No idea about the speed & I use IPVanish.

59 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Its wireless. No idea about the speed & I use IPVanish.

If you can, use an Ethernet cable from the router to the AFTV  box, in some cases this doubles the gbps speeds, thus eliminating any buffering. If you connect with an Ethernet cable, you must go into settings in the AFTV box and change the settings from wireless to Ethernet.

You can check the speeds in the sportsmania settings/tools facility. You've got all the hardware, no need to be binning it. Good luck.

Edited by Old Blue Eyes

6 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

If you can, use an Ethernet cable from the router to the AFTV  box, in some cases this doubles the gbps speeds, thus eliminating any buffering. If you connect with an Ethernet cable, you must go into settings in the AFTV box and change the settings from wireless to Ethernet.

You can check the speeds in the sportsmania settings/tools facility. You've got all the hardware, no need to be binning it. Good luck.

I also find it helps trying different countires on IPVanish to get the best speed. As Old Blue Eyes said try the speed test on Sportsmania and select different countries until you get a decent speed. I use Copenhagen and all good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well , that's my sub for Mania run out. Not got a clue about Bitcoin so after a quick look online I like the look of Vaders. Anyone a subscriber? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
13 hours ago, Cyber said:

Anyone using Flawless ....good/bad ?

I use it with a VPN and it is flawless.

ETA, the VPN is only required when the Premier League games are on at the same time.. 

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I use it with a VPN and it is flawless.

ETA, the VPN is only required when the Premier League games are on at the same time.. 

Does it include club teams in general

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Cyber said:

Does it include club teams in general

Only Rangers & Celtic in Scotland, Liverpool, Man U, etc too.

You'll get Tuesday's game at Celtic Park on Celtic TV.

With the VPN if I can't be arsed going to Tynie, I can just subscribe to Hearts international TV. At least the club get the money.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

2 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Only Rangers & Celtic in Scotland, Liverpool, Man U, etc too.

You'll get Tuesday's game at Celtic Park on Celtic TV.

With the VPN if I can't be arsed going to Tynie, I can just subscribe to Hearts international TV. At least the club get the money.

Yeah Sub to Hearts Tv as not on mainland.....cheers 're info

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

By the way, I have a season ticket, so it's not instead of paying for a ticket.

I've used the VPN for, say, Aberdeen away, too. Again, I just pay the £7 monthly fee, or whatever it is.

Fab IPTV has been excellent for me. No VPN required either.

had it 2 months now

Edited by Disco Dave

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

had it 2 months now

I'm using Flawless without a VPN. Cup game was perfect. 

But I might look into Fab. Cheers for the heads up.

3 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

I'm using Flawless without a VPN. Cup game was perfect. 

But I might look into Fab. Cheers for the heads up.

I could be wrong but I suspect flawless and fabiptv might actually be the same service

14 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I could be wrong but I suspect flawless and fabiptv might actually be the same service

Oh right. I'm pay a £10 a month. Seems OK for what I want it for.

AngleParkMenace

So what’s the best way to get the game on Tuesday . Happy to pay for a decent picture. Have a fire stick, got terrarium and live nettv.  

On 1/27/2018 at 08:53, Disco Dave said:

had it 2 months now

Been using Fab full subscription for about a month now and it is perfect .Before taking the plunge for a years sub I done the 48 hr pass with both Fab and Flawless at the same time and i found Fab to have a better epg with less buffering and channel mistakes and i liked the setup Fab had compared to Flawless.

My understanding is that Fab is a reseller of Flawless, but Fab  also source certain channels from elsewhere, but happy to be corrected on that :thumbsup:.

I would say Fab is better than Mania ,Flawless , OTTTV  and any others i have tried especially when it comes the non sport channels. 

As Disco Dave says no vpn is needed but since i have one i requested that i be allowed to use it via the support ticket.

Edited by EH17

3 hours ago, AngleParkMenace said:

So what’s the best way to get the game on Tuesday . Happy to pay for a decent picture. Have a fire stick, got terrarium and live nettv.  

3 hours ago, AngleParkMenace said:

What’s the best repo for a fire stick at the moment, haven’t used it for 3 months due to moving to Oz, I had to download fire stick man repo but it isn’t working.

cheers

7 hours ago, Sharky999 said:

What’s the best repo for a fire stick at the moment, haven’t used it for 3 months due to moving to Oz, I had to download fire stick man repo but it isn’t working.

cheers

I've got Neptune's Rising just now. 

Not used it for a few weeks now though. 

18 hours ago, robbo1874 said:

I've got Neptune's Rising just now. 

Not used it for a few weeks now though. 

Had tried that one but seemed awfully slow, although it could be the stick

cheers

I used Fab TV for the first time last night to try and watch the game.  Before it kicked off it was fine, with a little bit of buffering, however after about a minute of the game it kept stopping all the time.  I would open the stream again and it would work for about 20 seconds then kick me out again.  Anyone else have these issues?  Do they have an android app that would work better on an android tv, instead of using Kodi?

I used to be on SM and had no issues, but gave them up when they went Bitcoin only.  I remember they had an app which was helped with buffering/kicks rather than using Kodi itself.

Disser Pointon

Thinking about giving IPTV a bash, which one would folk recommend, there are so many? I see FabIPTV mentioned above but their website doesn't have a channel list, do they do Hearts TV?

Cheers

1 hour ago, makateer said:

I used Fab TV for the first time last night to try and watch the game.  Before it kicked off it was fine, with a little bit of buffering, however after about a minute of the game it kept stopping all the time.  I would open the stream again and it would work for about 20 seconds then kick me out again.  Anyone else have these issues?  Do they have an android app that would work better on an android tv, instead of using Kodi?

I used to be on SM and had no issues, but gave them up when they went Bitcoin only.  I remember they had an app which was helped with buffering/kicks rather than using Kodi itself.

I have Fab but watched the game via Hearts tv , i did quickly switch to Fab at one point during the first half to see what the link was like and i could only get it  working on the Celtic tv  backup channel and it was working fine but like i said it was a quick look (1min max). 

Fab do have a app via perfect player but i have never used it.

Do SM have Celtic tv back on now ?.

Edited by EH17

2 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Thinking about giving IPTV a bash, which one would folk recommend, there are so many? I see FabIPTV mentioned above but their website doesn't have a channel list, do they do Hearts TV?

Cheers

No Hearts tv mate.

They list Sheep tv , Dundee, Ranges , Celtic. but only seen the Celtic tv one work.

You will be hard pushed to find any iptv with a working Hearts tv , they may list Hearts tv but most probs wont work.

55 minutes ago, EH17 said:

I have Fab but watched the game via Hearts tv , i did quickly switch to Fab at one point during the first half to see what the link was like and i could only get it  working on the Celtic tv  backup channel and it was working fine but like i said it was a quick look (1min max). 

Fab do have a app via perfect player but i have never used it.

Do SM have Celtic tv back on now ?.

Cheers, I did actually try the backup one and it worked, but it wasn't as good quality.  I think we were down to 2-0 at that point so I just gave up instead. 

I don't think SM have Celtic TV back.  It was one of the ones that they said were managed the same as Hearts TV and blamed their new security on blocking their accounts all the time, which is strange how other IPTV people stream it.  

I think SM just gave up without really trying, as I presume the majority of their subscribers are in it for the EPL games anyway.

Henry. Henry.
3 hours ago, makateer said:

You can get the android app via this link.  Was spot on last night after running into trouble via Kodi

- http://fabiptv.com/newapps

Edited by Henry. Henry.

52 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

You can get the android app via this link.  Was spot on last night after running into trouble via Kodi

- http://fabiptv.com/newapps

Cheers for the link :thumbsup: nice and easy no fuss download :pleased: with iptv core that i had installed already

Edited by EH17

Space Mackerel

Hearts “supporters” on here trying to get cheap IPTV  working instead of getting a VPN and giving the club cash via Hearts TV :facepalm: 

Space Mackerel

Hearts “supporters” on here trying to get cheap IPTV  working instead of getting a VPN and giving the club cash via Hearts TV :facepalm: 

51 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

what vpn do you use SM?

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

what vpn do you use SM?

I got a 2 year deal with Smart DNS for about $60. I only use it for torrents though. They have an iOS app that allows you to switch on and off dead easy on the iPad/phone if you're streaming. 

Ive given up with IPTV in all honesty, I get BT Sports cheap with my internet and I've had enough of English football after 25 years. 

Edited by Space Mackerel

7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I got a 2 year deal with Smart DNS for about $60. I only use it for torrents though. They have an iOS app that allows you to switch on and off dead easy on the iPad/phone if you're streaming. 

Ive given up with IPTV in all honesty, I get BT Sports cheap with my internet and I've had enough of English football after 25 years. 

I am in the same boat, just no time (or inclination) to watch EPL or CL.

I signed up for Hearts TV though and tried to get it with Hola, but didn't work.

I then tried vipbox and cric and just got pop-up central, how anybody manages to use these without infecting their device is beyond me. :lol:

Disser Pointon
17 hours ago, EH17 said:

No Hearts tv mate.

They list Sheep tv , Dundee, Ranges , Celtic. but only seen the Celtic tv one work.

You will be hard pushed to find any iptv with a working Hearts tv , they may list Hearts tv but most probs wont work.

I looked at the VPN thing once before but couldn't figure out how it works, how do I set it up on my AFTV and, once done, is it on all the time or do I need to do something else if I want to watch Hearts TV etc? Is there an idiots guide on Youtube?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
59 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

I looked at the VPN thing once before but couldn't figure out how it works, how do I set it up on my AFTV and, once done, is it on all the time or do I need to do something else if I want to watch Hearts TV etc? Is there an idiots guide on Youtube?

Get ipvanish from amazon store, go to the website https://www.ipvanish.com/offer/?a_aid=ipvint&data1=google&data2=ppc&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=sem&adid=246932403266&addisttype=g&kw=ipvanish&matchtype=e&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkJfry62E2QIVarHtCh0AgAZ8EAAYASAAEgJJcvD_BwE

and pay a subscription. Currently $58.50 for a year, about £40.

1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

I use IPVanish as my vpn and they have an app on the amazom app store so it is a direct download from there onto your AFTV, some other vpn's also have a app on the Amazon app store, if you use a vpn that isnt on Amazon app store then download their app via downloader or something like that the same way you load kodi onto AFTV.

With IPVanish vpn they have settings that allow you to have the vpn switch on every time you start your AFTV box or you can manualy turn it on when you need it , it is kinda straight forward to use and i am sure their will be vids on utube that will help you.

Now for HMFC tv just download your vpn app onto computer and simply turn on the vpn for when you want to use it (HMFC tv) and select a country outside the uk and Ireland followed by a city in that country and then pick a server in that city and bingo you vpn will be on, then sign up to HMFC tv international (make sure your vpn is on) and then watch the game via computer/laptop or connect to big tv via HDMI cable.

Edited by EH17

Only time I  ever subscribe is if there is a big even on that i really want to watch like the boxing or golf. 

Happy to just get by with free streaming other times

4 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

LOL beat me to it.

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I am in the same boat, just no time (or inclination) to watch EPL or CL.

I signed up for Hearts TV though and tried to get it with Hola, but didn't work.

I then tried vipbox and cric and just got pop-up central, how anybody manages to use these without infecting their device is beyond me. :lol:

I watched the East Fife game on Hearts tv using the smart DNS app on the iPad. Paid the £8 or whatever and set the iPad app to Holland. Registered with Hearts tv with my home address in Edinburgh and used my BoS card as payment. No probs at all Tommy. 

Disser Pointon
4 hours ago, EH17 said:

I use IPVanish as my vpn and they have an app on the amazom app store so it is a direct download from there onto your AFTV, some other vpn's also have a app on the Amazon app store, if you use a vpn that isnt on Amazon app store then download their app via downloader or something like that the same way you load kodi onto AFTV.

With IPVanish vpn they have settings that allow you to have the vpn switch on every time you start your AFTV box or you can manualy turn it on when you need it , it is kinda straight forward to use and i am sure their will be vids on utube that will help you.

Now for HMFC tv just download your vpn app onto computer and simply turn on the vpn for when you want to use it (HMFC tv) and select a country outside the uk and Ireland followed by a city in that country and then pick a server in that city and bingo you vpn will be on, then sign up to HMFC tv international (make sure your vpn is on) and then watch the game via computer/laptop or connect to big tv via HDMI cable.

4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Thanks guys, does IPTV vanish work on the IPAD for watching Hearts TV? Cheers

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
26 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Thanks guys, does IPTV vanish work on the IPAD for watching Hearts TV? Cheers

I don't use apple products, so can't comment.