Kodi again

Unknown user

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Janbo1874 said:

Ace tv blocking Epl games on their Iptv now.

I just renewed my subs at the end of last week too but only for a month.

The end is nigh.

Ace have needed a VPN for a while haven’t they? Sportsmania were maybe the first of the bigger re-streamers to get targeted and Ace and Flawless have all have similar attacks on their services. I wouldn’t be surprised if a VPN and bitcoin will likely be the norm in a while. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Needed a VPN for Ace while EPL games were on but they are just going to block the channels showing EPL games from now on.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Janbo1874 said:

Needed a VPN for Ace while EPL games were on but they are just going to block the channels showing EPL games from now on.

Ace are blocking the channels? Sorry I’m not sure I’m following....what do you mean? 

jack D and coke

That’s as clear as mud :lol: 

Ace, who you pay subs to for streams to watch EPL games or whatever are now going to block the streams that you pay for of their own accord? Is that right? 

jack D and coke
53 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

That is what they are doing starting this week.

At least i should still get the Derby on Friday :pleased:

That’s pretty mental...

Suppose it was always likely to happen at some point though. 

34 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s pretty mental...

Suppose it was always likely to happen at some point though. 

You are right.

I am not sure anyone can feel 100% confident watching an EPL game now via a stream. Sky really are taking this seriously now. 

Henry. Henry.
3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

That’s as clear as mud :lol: 

Ace, who you pay subs to for streams to watch EPL games or whatever are now going to block the streams that you pay for of their own accord? Is that right? 

Sure Sportsmania tried this for a while when they first got hit 

jack D and coke
38 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Sure Sportsmania tried this for a while when they first got hit 

Ive been with mania for two years they’ve never actually blocked streams themselves. They were the first ones to get hit and you need a VPN but they seem to have managed to keep going. Apart from the bitcoin payment not much has changed really. 

19 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

It's on placenta, theres only one episode so far (aired 28/2) but tons of sources if you got RD

Found it. Cheers lads

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Ive been with mania for two years they’ve never actually blocked streams themselves. They were the first ones to get hit and you need a VPN but they seem to have managed to keep going. Apart from the bitcoin payment not much has changed really. 

They will lose customers by the thousands. 

jack D and coke
31 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

They will lose customers by the thousands. 

Think they’ve lost quite a lot aye but in the long run it’s going to be a sensible way to take payment. It’s really not any biggie buying with bitcoin its like buying euros or whatever and paying with them.

Piece of piss. 

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Think they’ve lost quite a lot aye but in the long run it’s going to be a sensible way to take payment. It’s really not any biggie buying with bitcoin its like buying euros or whatever and paying with them.

Piece of piss. 

Sorry, actually meant act TV will lose customers. Haven't tried paying by bitcoin happy with my £40 a year service ATM but if I had to I don't think it would be a problem paying via bitcoin. 

crunchy frog

I'm using mobdro as a protest against the pay IPTV sites

( mainly cos all my subs have ran out)

:D

wentworth jambo

Fab IPTV - installed repo but when I try to install app I get a "pytz installation failed" followed bye failure to install app - any thoughts ?

Henry. Henry.
58 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

Fab IPTV - installed repo but when I try to install app I get a "pytz installation failed" followed bye failure to install app - any thoughts ?

This Kodi and/or the stand alone app on Android?

wentworth jambo
31 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

This Kodi and/or the stand alone app on Android?

Apols - trying to install Kodi app on Amazon Fire TV been x

chester copperpot

My fab tv has been working like a dream these past few weeks. Just watched the Liverpool game in superb quality with zero issues.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

My flawless is working great, even without the VPN turned on. I'm with BT and needed one before.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Henry. Henry.
3 hours ago, wentworth jambo said:

Apols - trying to install Kodi app on Amazon Fire TV been x

Here are the steps to take on their website incase you haven’t followed directly from there 

nstall Addon
1.Go to file manager
2. Click Add Source
3. Enter Repo address http://fabiptv.com/repo
4.Name it FabIPTV
5.Return to home menu
6.Go to settings, add ons, install from zip file
7. Select FabIPTVthen repository.fabiptv.zip
8. Wait for add on enabled
9. Click install from repository
10. Click FabIPTV, video add ons, FabIPTV HOSTING
11. Wait for add on enabled
12. Return to home screen and go to video add ons
13. Click FabIPTV, click step 1, enter your login details, make sure advanced settings is ticked and click ok 
14. Click Step 2
15. Enable PVR Integration

Worth sticking the app your box too. 

Fabiptv.com/newapps/

All Epl games unavailable today on Ace TV with or without VPN even including BT Sport Score but Sky Sports News worked.

Turned on my firestick last night and it seems to have totally wiped itself for some reason! :th_Rage2:

Has this happened to anyone else? Why would that happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
jack D and coke

Think I’ve posted it up before but kodi nation do great builds. Updated regularly and doesnt require completely new installs going through the Debrid and Trakt set ups again, all done and dusted in a minute or two. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Think I’ve posted it up before but kodi nation do great builds. Updated regularly and doesnt require completely new installs going through the Debrid and Trakt set ups again, all done and dusted in a minute or two. 

What you watching on it though?

All you need is SM and Terrarium...and you’ve got both.

jack D and coke
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

What you watching on it though?

All you need is SM and Terrarium...and you’ve got both.

True mate but occasionally Terrarium doesn’t produce good links and I use Placenta or Neptune Rising. Sometimes ill flick through some addons I haven’t heard of before too to see what they’ve got.  

Just posting it up for others if they didn’t know about it :thumbsup: 

luckyBatistuta

True mate but occasionally Terrarium doesn’t produce good links and I use Placenta or Neptune Rising. Sometimes ill flick through some addons I haven’t heard of before too to see what they’ve got.  

Just posting it up for others if they didn’t know about it :thumbsup: 

After I posted it, I then thought about the fact you were probably thinking of others with your post. I already find I’ve got too much choice just with those two. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve spent ages unable to make up my mind what to watch and then in the end just turning off the tv and went to sleep:laugh:

jack D and coke
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

After I posted it, I then thought about the fact you were probably thinking of others with your post. I already find I’ve got too much choice just with those two. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve spent ages unable to make up my mind what to watch and then in the end just turning off the tv and went to sleep:laugh:

I’m the same :lol: 

I hardly watch live football now either I’ve OD’d on it I think!

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m the same :lol: 

I hardly watch live football now either I’ve OD’d on it I think!

Hearts can do that to you these days:laugh:

Ace is closing down.

They are not taking any renewals and will still run until everyone's subs run out but will not show any Epl games including highlights and reruns.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Janbo1874 said:

Ace is closing down.

They are not taking any renewals and will still run until everyone's subs run out but will not show any Epl games including highlights and reruns.

Wonder what threats he’s had that he’s folding it? I’d heard he was a dodgy punter anyway on one of the sites I follow and has previous for doing a runner with peoples money. I trialled it a while back for a month and the streams were a buffering mess for me. 

You take a chance with most of them tbh i suppose it’s the nature of it. 

Still have zero problems with my £40 year sub with eyptv. Going on 4 months now. No VPN needed although I have one as i still use torrents so may as well use it for my streaming. At £40 little risk. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Unknown user

Wonder what threats he’s had that he’s folding it? I’d heard he was a dodgy punter anyway on one of the sites I follow and has previous for doing a runner with peoples money. I trialled it a while back for a month and the streams were a buffering mess for me. 

You take a chance with most of them tbh i suppose it’s the nature of it. 

I think they've been squeezed out rather than threatened. Sky dropped their prices enough to make the legit option less offensive for many, especially as most now need to pay for a vpn subscription too.

I reckon they're just not earning enough to make it worthwhile

9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I think they've been squeezed out rather than threatened. Sky dropped their prices enough to make the legit option less offensive for many, especially as most now need to pay for a vpn subscription too.

I reckon they're just not earning enough to make it worthwhile

Think their offer of being able to pick and choose which sports you pay for was a great bit of business for them.  

Coburg Hearts

Twice bitten thrice shy haha I had 3 months still to go.

Just received this email from ACE.

We recently announced that Ace was no longer accepting renewals or offering new reseller credits but planned to support existing subscription.  Due to mounting legal pressure in the UK we have been forced to change our plans and we are now announcing that Ace will close down at the end of March.

This means that from April 1st onwards the Ace service will no longer work.  

Please do not request recommendations for an alternative service, you can google "best IPTV service" for options.  Please do not ask if we are rebranding/setting up a new service, the answer is no.

The Ace team wishes you all the best with your next IPTV service.

Best Regards,
The Ace Team.

I'll need to shop around, again. Think maybe 3 months at a time might be the best option.

I’ve been on Ace for about a year, I moved from UM round about this time last year when they started to have issues. 

Does anyone have have any recommendations for a new service? It needs to be available on iOS and fire stick. Is UM an option now or is their service still disrupted?  I had a quick google and there appears to be lots of options, so will follow recommendations from you guys. 

Thanks in advance. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, trago13 said:

I’ve been on Ace for about a year, I moved from UM round about this time last year when they started to have issues. 

Does anyone have have any recommendations for a new service? It needs to be available on iOS and fire stick. Is UM an option now or is their service still disrupted?  I had a quick google and there appears to be lots of options, so will follow recommendations from you guys. 

Thanks in advance. 

UM is as good as ever IMO although I hear you need a vpn for football. The pain is that they still only take bitcoin payment

I think I'm probably done with it myself, my UM runs out in a few days and I don't plan to renew. I don't care for English football so there doesn't seem much point now, I can get freeview if I want.

Kodi for on demand is still great though. I've been trialling Netflix, and while the quality's really good the choice is very limited. 

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

UM is as good as ever IMO although I hear you need a vpn for football. The pain is that they still only take bitcoin payment

I think I'm probably done with it myself, my UM runs out in a few days and I don't plan to renew. I don't care for English football so there doesn't seem much point now, I can get freeview if I want.

Kodi for on demand is still great though. I've been trialling Netflix, and while the quality's really good the choice is very limited. 

Thanks for that. I’m using a VPN for Hearts world, so I might jump back on UM. 

Really stupid question now, how does one go about buying bitcoin and making a payment with it. I know I could google and most likely find out, but you will hopefully be able to explain quite easy (if you have the time of course). 

Thanks

Unknown user
59 minutes ago, trago13 said:

Really stupid question now, how does one go about buying bitcoin and making a payment with it. I know I could google and most likely find out, but you will hopefully be able to explain quite easy (if you have the time of course). 

Thanks

They claim it's easy but it is a faff the first time to be honest- you have to sign up to an exchange, prove your id, make a deposit, buy bitcoin, then transfer it. When you go through the ordering process at mania there's a link to a tutorial on the payment page which will take you through it (IIRC!) as there are sites you can use that don't cost extra fees. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, trago13 said:

Thanks

It’s really easy mate. Basically open a coinbase account, you’ll need some ID to do it, buy the bitcoin. Open the UM renewals page, copy the wallet address, back to coinbase, go to send bitcoin, paste the wallet address into the send box and done. I’d say use g-dax for payment as the fees are almost zero but with cryptos basically collapsing atm the fees will be minimal. 

Tommy Brown
On 27/03/2018 at 10:30, AlimOzturk said:

Still have zero problems with my £40 year sub with eyptv. Going on 4 months now. No VPN needed although I have one as i still use torrents so may as well use it for my streaming. At £40 little risk. 

This has been a good shout by you.

Very pleased with this.

Tip:- ask for multiroom, you get a second sub for £20.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This has been a good shout by you.

Very pleased with this.

Tip:- ask for multiroom, you get a second sub for £20.

Managed to blag the multi room for free and VOD (Basically a premium movie and TV bundle) due to getting him lots of business. ? 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Managed to blag the multi room for free and VOD (Basically a premium movie and TV bundle) due to getting him lots of business. ? 

Can you post a link please. Couldn't find it with Google. Cheers