Kodi again

Unknown user

8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Be interested in hearing a response to this. 

Just binned my Kodi Box (T8v) & got a AFTV box instead (side loaded Kodi 17.5 on it too). 

Seems to quicker than the box. Just installed it tonight so not really had a chance to take it for a spin yet. 

I reckon there's a few posters on here that might have this already running, but won't confirm due to the inability of the hoards to go find/figure it out for themselves.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

Rudolf's Mate
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Be interested in hearing a response to this. 

Just binned my Kodi Box (T8v) & got a AFTV box instead (side loaded Kodi 17.5 on it too). 

Seems to quicker than the box. Just installed it tonight so not really had a chance to take it for a spin yet. 

No however when Mania released their own standalone app a while back it was basically Matrix repackaged. Matrix is available on the Google Play Store and if you've got another android device (tablet or phone) use Apps2Fire to send and install it in under 30 secs. When I tried the standalone app it was ages ago and there was no need for a VPN so can't confirm how well it'll work with one though I suspect it'll be fine.

By the end of my subs (2 weeks ago) I'd reverted to using Mania on the kids gaming PC which is connected to the lounge TV. I've got a VPN setup on that and it was back to having flawless streams.

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I got most of my Kodi info from you and RM when I first started, but then I started spreading the word and offering to load them all up free of charge. Since then, my phone never bloody stops...this won't work, can't get this to work, can you load a new build for me, can you load one up for a friend/family member etc. As you say jack, I'll be keeeping my mouth shut next time.

Btw, you know how to get a hold of me if you do find the next amazing breakthrough though ;)

I spent at least an hour yesterday updating a mates box and getting him sorted out with Flawless only for them to have payment issues. Added his mrs to their FB page and have spent another half dozen messages this morning explaining what he’s got to do to sort it, raising tickets etc. 

Then another dozen long texts explaining to another mate who’s now subbed to ultimate mania and cos he uses a build I’ve been explaining how to get it on his main page plus the guide. Added to me sorting out all their VPN’s a wee while ago it does my ****ing head in :lol: 

What annoys me the most is people just expect to keep coming back to me over the slightest thing and never bother their arse to try learn anything for themselves. 

I’m talking about people who have had these boxes for about two years now btw and they still don’t know what they’re doing. Every single time it’s how do I do this how does this not work etc etc. 

Never again??

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’m not convinced that a lot of people are just completely retarded when it comes to anything techie :facepalm: 

If I ever come across another kodi type thing again I swear I’m keeping it to myself :lol: I’ve spent hours and hours walking people through this shit for the best part of two years now and I’m almost done. 

It wasnt the tech side I was thinking of. Folk have had their bank details stolen, sky high rates, transactions not working properly at Mania's end (which they've admitted was their fault) and so on. Some of those stories have come from the more tech minded people, such as the ones who help others when there's been issues.

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Chester™ said:

It wasnt the tech side I was thinking of. Folk have had their bank details stolen, sky high rates, transactions not working properly at Mania's end (which they've admitted was their fault) and so on. Some of those stories have come from the more tech minded people, such as the ones who help others when there's been issues.

I’m on their forum quite a bit but I’ve never seen those stories but I’ll have a look??

How can you have your bank details stolen doing that I have no idea. 

The exchange fees bumped the price up a couple of quid so sky high fees is surely an exaggeration too. 

Flawless certainky wasn’t flawless either yesterday as my mate has found out too so they all have their issues :lol: 

All in all I maintain kodi and the addons etc is proper child’s play after a little while. Most people want their arse wiped for them though. 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m on their forum quite a bit but I’ve never seen those stories but I’ll have a look??

How can you have your bank details stolen doing that I have no idea. 

The exchange fees bumped the price up a couple of quid so sky high fees is surely an exaggeration too. 

Flawless certainky wasn’t flawless either yesterday as my mate has found out too so they all have their issues :lol: 

All in all I maintain kodi and the addons etc is proper child’s play after a little while. Most people want their arse wiped for them though. 

Some folk, and admitted by the Mania team, have seen the cost, after exchange fees, up at around £20. Thats a bit more than a 'couple of quid'. 

I don't doubt your last point whatsoever. Some of the questions are ridiculous and repetitive. But there's clearly been plenty issues with Bitcoin payments. Its not just the dafties that have had problems.

There's issues with all of them, though the one with Flawless yesterday (the payments) apparently affected all of them at the same time. 

I've stopped using Kodi, so I've had little issue.

1 hour ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

I reckon there's a few posters on here that might have this already running, but won't confirm due to the inability of the hoards to go find/figure it out for themselves.

So youhave it working then!

so hows it done then???

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’m not convinced that a lot of people are just completely retarded when it comes to anything techie :facepalm: 

If I ever come across another kodi type thing again I swear I’m keeping it to myself :lol: I’ve spent hours and hours walking people through this shit for the best part of two years now and I’m almost done. 

Big sam has sacked off kodi because of the abuse he got from bawbags in that community who constantly greet about something they got for free. Apparenly the way forward is a stb emulator with a paid iptv sub

jack D and coke
32 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Some folk, and admitted by the Mania team, have seen the cost, after exchange fees, up at around £20. Thats a bit more than a 'couple of quid'. 

I don't doubt your last point whatsoever. Some of the questions are ridiculous and repetitive. But there's clearly been plenty issues with Bitcoin payments. Its not just the dafties that have had problems.

There's issues with all of them, though the one with Flawless yesterday (the payments) apparently affected all of them at the same time. 

I've stopped using Kodi, so I've had little issue.

I’ve seen it quoted in dollars at those prices not pounds and I agree the jump in price is way too high but I’ve had two years at a pound a week and four free months so I was cutting them a bit slack to see if they sorted it out. Anyway I’m fairly sure over time these types of services might all go the bitcoin route as normal transactions leave a trail to the owners and also to the end user. Who knows where that might end up. 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Big sam has sacked off kodi because of the abuse he got from bawbags in that community who constantly greet about something they got for free. Apparenly the way forward is a stb emulator with a paid iptv sub

Yeah sounds about right I don’t blame the guy. 

37 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve seen it quoted in dollars at those prices not pounds and I agree the jump in price is way too high but I’ve had two years at a pound a week and four free months so I was cutting them a bit slack to see if they sorted it out. Anyway I’m fairly sure over time these types of services might all go the bitcoin route as normal transactions leave a trail to the owners and also to the end user. Who knows where that might end up. 

Defo been a few saying thats what its cost in pounds. Even in dollars thats fees of around £6, which is more than half again of the monthly price.

Wish I got 4 months free. I paid out 6 months just as payments went down. :muggy: Some paid out a year and the mods got really huffy when it was pointed out those folk didnt get any free service at all.

I agree that Bitcoin might end up the only payment option though.

Edited by Chester™

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

So youhave it working then!

so hows it done then???

Hello Pans, have a look a RM's post about 11 or 12 back.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah sounds about right I don’t blame the guy. 

I wouldn't bother either. Why would you. Ungrateful *****

I signed my father in law up to FabIPTV a couple of days ago and it seems decent enough. I’ll be taking a sub with them when my mania sub ends

Edited by Disco Dave

Space Mackerel
10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I spent at least an hour yesterday updating a mates box and getting him sorted out with Flawless only for them to have payment issues. Added his mrs to their FB page and have spent another half dozen messages this morning explaining what he’s got to do to sort it, raising tickets etc. 

Then another dozen long texts explaining to another mate who’s now subbed to ultimate mania and cos he uses a build I’ve been explaining how to get it on his main page plus the guide. Added to me sorting out all their VPN’s a wee while ago it does my ****ing head in :lol: 

What annoys me the most is people just expect to keep coming back to me over the slightest thing and never bother their arse to try learn anything for themselves. 

I’m talking about people who have had these boxes for about two years now btw and they still don’t know what they’re doing. Every single time it’s how do I do this how does this not work etc etc. 

Never again??

Mind you’ve to come round and sort oot my VPN on my PC ?

17 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

For those interested 

537FB312-38E9-4422-B1C5-B2F5BF28EBCB.jpeg

Think it’s a mistake them going back onto FB.

Of course it is and all because people couldnt understand how to work the basic features of a forum (including their admin, who were offered assistance by myself and others and were roundly ignored or abused). Bizarrely, they are keeping the forum open, so thats double the amount of moaning. So much for the 'we're coming off Facebook to hide ourselves' chat.

Edited by Chester™

Can anyone recommend a good vpn that's not too expensive?

I don't use mine that often (Private Tunnel) so used to buy 100gb blocks at a time that would last me ages but they are only allowing monthly subscriptions now.

On 11/11/2017 at 09:37, crunchy frog said:

?? I just reloaded my fire stick with kodi 17.5 and then loaded the latest big sam build with no problems. 

13 hours ago, XB52 said:

?? I just reloaded my fire stick with kodi 17.5 and then loaded the latest big sam build with no problems. 

fair enough.

Don't know how old the build you loaded is but unless he has a change of heart I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting the newest add ons in his build in the future.

27 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

fair enough.

Don't know how old the build you loaded is but unless he has a change of heart I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting the newest add ons in his build in the future.

Well I did an update about 3 months ago and the build I loaded up a few days ago is totally different to that. Anyway, will just have to wait and see how it goes but I am certainly getting loads of pretty up to date films at the moment. Fingers crossed  

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If only the VPN system worked

A guy in my work talks about that.  I don't fully undertand it all but I don't have a VPN and I get the games.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

A guy in my work talks about that.  I don't fully undertand it all but I don't have a VPN and I get the games.

Whos your ISP?

Hope those that wanted to renew their Mania subs, using card, did so. System down as they've been 'reported to the payment processor'. Down for the foreseeable by the sound of things.

49 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Hope those that wanted to renew their Mania subs, using card, did so. System down as they've been 'reported to the payment processor'. Down for the foreseeable by the sound of things.

Just my luck

Edited by Jeff

Rudolf's Mate
11 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

FFS :lol: 

My guess is RD users will get a good bit mileage out of it still. Plus there’ll be several updated forks. 

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That's it. I'm done. 

Pat my shants, unplugged the box and launched it straight into the bucket. 

:raging:

Can anyone using the add free Terrarium TV app stop and use the official app. Apparently the developer behind it has announced that if people keep using it he is going to stop developing the app.

I mean...how much of an inconvenience can a few adds be when your getting all this content free. People as always want everything for nothing. 

The developer deserves a bit of reward for creating this amazing add-on otherwise why waste his time?

Would miss this add-on far more than any kodi addon. 

Coburg Hearts

For anyone interested. (from Troypoint)

For those of you who have been in the "streaming game" for awhile, you probably remember a lawsuit that was filed against TVAddons in June of this year. When this ocurred, numerous Kodi addons were taken offline and it appears that the same thing is happening again.

We were informed yesterday that two well known Kodi addon developers have been given cease and desist orders by the MPA/MPAA which is the Motion Picture Association. These two people were responsible for the popular Colossus addon repository that includes Covenant and Bennu to name a few. Due to this order, the Colossus repo has been removed.

Another popular Kodi tool known as Ares Wizard has also been taken offline since this news broke. Ares did the same thing earlier this year when TVAddons was shut down and they came back a week later. Hopefully the same thing will happen this time around. Fingers crossed.

What does this mean for you if you use Kodi? We still have options...lots of them. Don't be sad.

Last night, I updated my Covenant and Bennu tutorials which will allow you to install these addons from a different repository. These addons will still work, the question is whether anyone will update them in the future which is mandatory to receive new content. But, they should work long enough until the dust settles and there are other options available if nobody updates these. See links below for these updated tutorials.

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Can anyone using the add free Terrarium TV app stop and use the official app. Apparently the developer behind it has announced that if people keep using it he is going to stop developing the app.

I mean...how much of an inconvenience can a few adds be when your getting all this content free. People as always want everything for nothing. 

The developer deserves a bit of reward for creating this amazing add-on otherwise why waste his time?

Would miss this add-on far more than any kodi addon. 

Lol...for a minute there i thought you were having a laugh but no.... you are deadly serious.

If people start using the one with adverts are they still not getting something for nothing?

2 hours ago, EH17 said:

Lol...for a minute there i thought you were having a laugh but no.... you are deadly serious.

If people start using the one with adverts are they still not getting something for nothing?

I think what he means is the guy in charge of the app gets a kickback from the ad owners in the event somebody clicks on an ad, helps with server costs etc

Rudolf's Mate

MuckyDuck also pulling his stuff and leaving the scene now.

Terrarium can gtf if he’s trying to force people to use his app with ads ??

1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

I think what he means is the guy in charge of the app gets a kickback from the ad owners in the event somebody clicks on an ad, helps with server costs etc

:thumbsup: yeah i am aware of how the add click works. 

Alim is clearly having a go at those who use the add free and expect something for nothing.:thumbsup: my point is that it still costs us nothing no mattrr what one we use. All good..:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, EH17 said:

:thumbsup: yeah i am aware of how the add click works. 

Alim is clearly having a go at those who use the add free and expect something for nothing.:thumbsup: my point is that it still costs us nothing no mattrr what one we use. All good..:thumbsup:

The irony of a dev complaining that his advertising revenue's being affected because less people are seeing them is pretty cool though!

1 hour ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

MuckyDuck also pulling his stuff and leaving the scene now.

Terrarium can gtf if he’s trying to force people to use his app with ads ??

So, why else should he produce his add-on then?

It is a ten sec add ffs. 

Rudolf's Mate
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So, why else should he produce his add-on then?

It is a ten sec add ffs. 

In this day and age people don’t want adverts. If faced with a few ads or paying for something to not have ads I’ll pay. I might like my free stuff but I ****ing hate adverts!

I’ve no issue with people giving devs support but what would your take on this be if the guy was making a fortune and his gripe wasn’t about covering costs and was more about profit? 

Regardless I don’t use it anyway.