Kodi again

Unknown user

Space Mackerel
54 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What is this?

Can I load it onto my Kodi box (T8V)?

How?

Full of adverts and spyware that shit. I deleted it after a few searches. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

Video posted is the ad free version

Edited by Jeff

5 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I agree. Wants access to contacts etc. feck that! deleted. I just downloaded the APK through Google play but that video above talks about a Downloader? I dont have a downloader on my Kodi box and when I tried to install one it said my device wasnt compatible.

The stress!

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Video posted is the ad free version

Ah right, might have looksee later then Jeff. Ive got Covenant working perfectly now after the weekends dramas with it.

On 07/11/2017 at 12:55, luckyBatistuta said:

That's weird,, I'll have another go at loading that firestick tonight now...cheers:thumbsup:

Just to to let you know I tried a different fire stick today and no joy installing  bigsam build more worrying though after installing both covenant and posiedon they are showing no content whatsoever. Both of which work flawlessly on mine at the moment. 

luckyBatistuta
3 hours ago, Dazo said:

Just to to let you know I tried a different fire stick today and no joy installing  bigsam build more worrying though after installing both covenant and posiedon they are showing no content whatsoever. Both of which work flawlessly on mine at the moment. 

Cheers mate, same at my end. All the boxes in my house have BigSam on them and work fine, but there's nothing when I try and load this firestick for my mate.

Looking for a good add-on for a week which provides uk tv channels. Dropped virgin media and sky can't install tv until next week, but our broadband is active. Any suggestions?

Edited by Col1874

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, Col1874 said:

Looking for a good add-on for a week which provides uk tv channels. Dropped virgin media and sky can't install tv until next week, but our broadband is active. Any suggestions?

Found this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bestdroidplayer.co.uk/xbmc-android-tv-box-droidplayer/how-to-watch-uk-freeview-tv-channels-kodi-uk-abroad/amp/

No idea how good it is. You can also install iPlayer, itv addon, etc. 

Apologies if this has been covered already, but this is a huge thread . . .

My SportsMania package is almost up and given their current state I'm not going to be renewing it. Is there any similar service out there that reaches the standard of SportsMania circa a year or two ago for around the same price?  Or any other solutions?

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Apologies if this has been covered already, but this is a huge thread . . .

My SportsMania package is almost up and given their current state I'm not going to be renewing it. Is there any similar service out there that reaches the standard of SportsMania circa a year or two ago for around the same price?  Or any other solutions?

I cannot be arsed with having to buy bit coins and the fees involved, and I really don't like the lack of discount for buying a few months in advance so mania have lost me too. I'm planning to go with Flawless based on reviews, payment options, discount and them being fairly well established

chester copperpot

Can you put a flawless app onto an AFTV without the need for Kodi.

Tried to install an up to date version at the weekend and it's all went Pete Tong

Was previously on Big Sams Build

Edited by chester copperpot

18 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Can you put a flawless app onto an AFTV without the need for Kodi.

Tried to install an up to date version at the weekend and it's all went Pete Tong

Was previously on Big Sams Build

I believe you can do it through Perfect Player (and similar apps).

It would be worth asking on their FB page for further assistance. They're usually pretty good at helping out with this type of thing.

As an aside, I've noticed that if there's server issues or any problems, the Flawless team are quick to respond and will also notify if its a problem at their end. Vastly different to Mania who's stock response is to blame the customer's equipment.

Edited by Chester™

Merc from mania tweeted. They will soon release packages for 3/6 mths, etc and card payments. For those on face book they are opening that up again. Ive signed up for a month with flawless and will see how it goes. 

2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Merc from mania tweeted. They will soon release packages for 3/6 mths, etc and card payments. For those on face book they are opening that up again. Ive signed up for a month with flawless and will see how it goes. 

He's also said that pricing will revert back to how it was as well 'after listening to what customers had to say'. Says to me like they've been losing a lot of customers and rather than saying 'we made a massive mistake', they're dressing it up as customer driven. What a load of pish.

After the way the mod/admin team speak to customers, I'd be surprised if those that left would consider returning.

Rudolf's Mate

Despite thinking Ace wiped the floor with Mania, it wasn’t long before I ran into issues. If there’s other providers that are as competitive as Mania price wise and reliability then people might not go back. That said, as far as I can see it looks like original prices are being brought back. If that’s the case then those people like myself that didn’t have to contact or deal with Mania’s admin would probably have no issue going back. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Thats good news, they might get me back now. TBH Ive got BT Sports on tv anyways and not missing Sky at all now.

3 hours ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

. That said, as far as I can see it looks like original prices are being brought back. If that’s the case then those people like myself that didn’t have to contact or deal with Mania’s admin would probably have no issue going back. 

This for me also, never needed to contact them so if prices are changing back  to the same as the old pricing structure then i will most likely sign back up.

the stone rose

Just had a look at buying bitcoins for sportsmania subscriptions and i hope they end up providing another method of paying. Looks a pain in the arse getting bitcoins.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
25 minutes ago, the stone rose said:

Just had a look at buying bitcoins for sportsmania subscriptions and i hope they end up providing another method of paying. Looks a pain in the arse getting bitcoins.

Yes. My subscription ended yesterday, going to switch to flawless when the international football is over.  

Nucky Thompson
6 hours ago, Chester™ said:

He's also said that pricing will revert back to how it was as well 'after listening to what customers had to say'. Says to me like they've been losing a lot of customers and rather than saying 'we made a massive mistake', they're dressing it up as customer driven. What a load of pish.

After the way the mod/admin team speak to customers, I'd be surprised if those that left would consider returning.

I'll definitely go back if they go back to the old payment system

jack D and coke
14 hours ago, the stone rose said:

It really isn’t it’s not anything to be particularly concerned about. I set up a blockchain and had bought bitcoins and subscribed to mania all within 15 mins. Piece of piss. 

That said the price increase, for me was the real game changer and I was on the lookout for another provider had things not changed within a month or so. 

Hopefully the new subs are available again from this weekend though??

On another note I’ve installed Terrarium TV btw can anyone tell me how I access my trakt? I’ve enabled it but can’t see anyway to access my content?

54 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It really isn’t it’s not anything to be particularly concerned about. I set up a blockchain and had bought bitcoins and subscribed to mania all within 15 mins. Piece of piss. 

That said the price increase, for me was the real game changer and I was on the lookout for another provider had things not changed within a month or so. 

Hopefully the new subs are available again from this weekend though??

On another note I’ve installed Terrarium TV btw can anyone tell me how I access my trakt? I’ve enabled it but can’t see anyway to access my content?

Sounds like you've been fortunate with Blockchain. Some real horror stories on the Mania forum about them just now.

As for Terrarium, when you click on TV Shows/Films (the main menu at the LHS) , you'll see a third option - 'favourites' (also the star at the top when you're on the main page). There's a refresh icon at the side. Hit that and they'll appear.

Rudolf's Mate

IMO there's a huge difference with not needing a VPN to watch content v using one to be on the safe side. Unless some of the providers can categorically state that their service is safe from snooping eye's!

Previously I've not bothered about it tbh. I've got a VPN however I've only used it when blocking has been in place. Just think if you've got one now you'd be mad not to use it.

9 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

IMO there's a huge difference with not needing a VPN to watch content v using one to be on the safe side. Unless some of the providers can categorically state that their service is safe from snooping eye's!

Previously I've not bothered about it tbh. I've got a VPN however I've only used it when blocking has been in place. Just think if you've got one now you'd be mad not to use it.

I think most would use them but the costs involved, to get a half decent one, put a lot of folk off. Most have binned regular tv due to the cost. Adding in a VPN, can see what you pay out a month, at similar levels to what you've chucked. For example, until Mania's u-turn, their month plus VPN was coming in at what many paid for SS and BT. Add in that many would also need to upgrade their equipment (not just a firestick but certain boxes have had issues too), then its understandable why folk look for a provider that doesnt have the need for a VPN.

23 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

They're finished as payments are back up.

Thanks Chester.

All I see tho is dollar payments for 1 month as a maximum in bitcoin. Who the hell wants to use bitcoin.  Prices doubled too.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Thanks Chester.

All I see tho is dollar payments for 1 month as a maximum in bitcoin. Who the hell wants to use bitcoin.  Prices doubled too.

Might be worth having a read through the last few pages. Should bring you up to speed about it all.

Hopefully SportsMania get their act together and start accepting good old fashioned card payments.  I am sure their subs will dictate this.  Can't be arsed setting up anything else so may just sit tight for now.

Rudolf's Mate
1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

I think most would use them but the costs involved, to get a half decent one, put a lot of folk off. Most have binned regular tv due to the cost. Adding in a VPN, can see what you pay out a month, at similar levels to what you've chucked. For example, until Mania's u-turn, their month plus VPN was coming in at what many paid for SS and BT. Add in that many would also need to upgrade their equipment (not just a firestick but certain boxes have had issues too), then its understandable why folk look for a provider that doesnt have the need for a VPN.

Yeah I don't disagree with you bud. A few of us were saying same thing when you add in Real-Debrid, VPN etc. That said even putting sports aside, how much does a decent VPN cost - £45 I think IPVanish was with the discount. Personally the way I'd look at it is you're paying that for all your TV/Film content for the year. Depending on how much you use it, for some it should be a no brainer.

When the issue of the VPN came up with Mania I noticed they recommended several free versions. There were comments from people saying the free ones worked perfectly. Couldn't tell you who they were though. My worry about the free ones was that they throttled your speed.

4 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

Yeah I don't disagree with you bud. A few of us were saying same thing when you add in Real-Debrid, VPN etc. That said even putting sports aside, how much does a decent VPN cost - £45 I think IPVanish was with the discount. Personally the way I'd look at it is you're paying that for all your TV/Film content for the year. Depending on how much you use it, for some it should be a no brainer.

When the issue of the VPN came up with Mania I noticed they recommended several free versions. There were comments from people saying the free ones worked perfectly. Couldn't tell you who they were though. My worry about the free ones was that they throttled your speed.

All VPN's throttle speed to a certain extent. I've done a few speed tests with ip vanish on and off and the difference is remarkable, 7/9mbps.

30 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

They've since abandoned any advice to use free ones as they were 'leaking' and the speeds went way down. They, and others users, have also recommended not to use IPVanish as apparently they've been heavily throttling speeds recently.

I'll likely get a VPN after the year and Festive period is out the way. Just upgraded to the new Fire TV and that was costly enough for me being a poor student, so I'll wait to get the next addition to the system.

Edited by Chester™

Rudolf's Mate
2 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

All VPN's throttle speed to a certain extent. I've done a few speed tests with ip vanish on and off and the difference is remarkable, 7/9mbps.

Most do however some of the top paid one's claim they don't. It wouldn't surprise me if there was something in their small print re their network being overloaded that they reserve the right to throttle. Suppose if you're getting 50+ mbps you're not going to have issues losing 7/9.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hopefully SportsMania get their act together and start accepting good old fashioned card payments.  I am sure their subs will dictate this.  Can't be arsed setting up anything else so may just sit tight for now.

Im in the exact same boat... cant be bothered with bitcoin, i'll just wait until the card payments start again.

I have sky so until then, anything on BT sports I want to watch its the pub for me..

10 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Anyone tried to configure Sports Mania, Matrix tv, AFTV, and a VPN...thus doing away with Kodi?

Be interested in hearing a response to this. 

Just binned my Kodi Box (T8v) & got a AFTV box instead (side loaded Kodi 17.5 on it too). 

Seems to quicker than the box. Just installed it tonight so not really had a chance to take it for a spin yet. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Be interested in hearing a response to this. 

Just binned my Kodi Box (T8v) & got a AFTV box instead (side loaded Kodi 17.5 on it too). 

Seems to quicker than the box. Just installed it tonight so not really had a chance to take it for a spin yet. 

The 4K AFTV pisses on the T8 mate and I’ve got the T8-V4 too. 

For the money it’s the best there is imo. 

jack D and coke
12 hours ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Anyone tried to configure Sports Mania, Matrix tv, AFTV, and a VPN...thus doing away with Kodi?

It’s looks like it could be going that way with less and less addons needing kodi. Seems they work better outwith it too. 

Havent tried it myself but might be tempted to give it a bash. 

jack D and coke
16 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Sounds like you've been fortunate with Blockchain. Some real horror stories on the Mania forum about them just now.

As for Terrarium, when you click on TV Shows/Films (the main menu at the LHS) , you'll see a third option - 'favourites' (also the star at the top when you're on the main page). There's a refresh icon at the side. Hit that and they'll appear.

Tbh I’m not convinced that a lot of people are just completely retarded when it comes to anything techie :facepalm: 

If I ever come across another kodi type thing again I swear I’m keeping it to myself :lol: I’ve spent hours and hours walking people through this shit for the best part of two years now and I’m almost done. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s looks like it could be going that way with less and less addons needing kodi. Seems they work better outwith it too. 

Havent tried it myself but might be tempted to give it a bash. 

The great thing about kodi though is that it's multi platform. I have it installed on 2 windows pcs, 2 raspberry pis, an android tablet and my phone. Terrarium and what have you are no good to me as my android options don't really get used

jack D and coke
Just now, Smithee said:

The great thing about kodi though is that it's multi platform. I have it installed on 2 windows pcs, 2 raspberry pis, an android tablet and my phone. Terrarium and what have you are no good to me as my android options don't really get used

Yeah good point. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Tbh I’m not convinced that a lot of people are just completely retarded when it comes to anything techie :facepalm: 

If I ever come across another kodi type thing again I swear I’m keeping it to myself :lol: I’ve spent hours and hours walking people through this shit for the best part of two years now and I’m almost done. 

I got most of my Kodi info from you and RM when I first started, but then I started spreading the word and offering to load them all up free of charge. Since then, my phone never bloody stops...this won't work, can't get this to work, can you load a new build for me, can you load one up for a friend/family member etc. As you say jack, I'll be keeeping my mouth shut next time.

Btw, you know how to get a hold of me if you do find the next amazing breakthrough though ;)