Kodi again

Unknown user

Just got Covenant on the laptop, still doesn't work.

:sob: dear god am I going to have to pay for tv?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rudolf's Mate

• jack D and coke

• Unknown user

• AlimOzturk

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I set up a Blockchain and bought coins in about 10-15 mins it wasn’t much of a hassle tbh. Buying mania with bitcoin was really easy too so Id say to anybody who wants to stay with them it’s not anything particularly difficult. What is a ******* is the fees when you buy, because Ultimate mania is only another £1 I just got that now but with the fees it’s like £14 a month which is some leap from £26 for 6 months which I’d always previously bought. I’m staying with mania for a month or two to see how things develop but if others can recommend reliable services I’m all ears. I’d previously tried Ace for a couple of months but could barely get 30 seconds without it freezing on pretty much any channel or looping or buffering it didn’t work well for me and I have really good fibre around 75mb. Mania has always been pretty much flawless and the iOS app is also perfect so for the moment maybe a month or two I’ll see what happens. I asked on their forum and they are bringing back longer subs so hopefully get a bit better value soon. 

On another note I was using Big sams build and elisium and covenant kept returning no streams went back to Wookie and works perfect. 

I heard sam doesn't use Kodi anymore so maybe the build has been abandoned. I'll find out for you

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I asked on their forum and they are bringing back longer subs so hopefully get a bit better value soon. 

What they say they're going to do and what actually happens is two entirely different things. Admin had previously been clear on the forum, that longer subs would not be coming back (confirmed by Merc on Twitter as well). I'm always wary of what it looks like they say and what they actually mean and thats often been their get out clause since the problems started.

As I've mentioned above, I've started using Flawless and apart from the odd teething problem (and tweak at my end), I've not had an issue (yet). Currently able to watch sport without the need for a VPN, though I'll likely get one, to be on the safe side, when I upgrade my gear shortly.

2 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

What they say they're going to do and what actually happens is two entirely different things. Admin had previously been clear on the forum, that longer subs would not be coming back (confirmed by Merc on Twitter as well). I'm always wary of what it looks like they say and what they actually mean and thats often been their get out clause since the problems started.

As I've mentioned above, I've started using Flawless and apart from the odd teething problem (and tweak at my end), I've not had an issue (yet). Currently able to watch sport without the need for a VPN, though I'll likely get one, to be on the safe side, when I upgrade my gear shortly.

Out of curiosity, I take it EPL games used to be blocked on SM for you?

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Chester™ said:

Yeah absolutely agree with that mate but I’ve never had problems with their streams and despite the lack of communication everything has always just worked and I’m prepared to give them another couple of months to sort things out. 

If by the turn of the year it’s still the same, month subs and price wise then I’ll definitely look elsewhere. 

I really think the guy who runs/ran it (Willow) has gone AWOL, sold up or been arrested already. He was very active and good with customers and then seemed to disappear more or less as the shit hit the fan.

11 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Just got Covenant on the laptop, still doesn't work.

:sob: dear god am I going to have to pay for tv?

I wiped my box today and did a clean install of SPMC, reinstalled covenant direct from github, linked my real debrid account and all is good again.

You can get it here if you need it. I had issues with smash repo for some reason. 

https://github.com/Colossal1/repository.colossus/tree/master/plugin.video.covenant

Edited by Disco Dave

For anyone who's interested, Mrs Smithee definitely used Exodus today for the latest episode of Hells Kitchen 

Edited by Smithee

20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

For anyone who's interested, Mrs Smithee definitely used Exodus today for the latest episode of Hells Kitchen 

I would be wary of using exodus.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/kodi-addons-tvaddons-drapeaulex-users-spy-privacy-films-tv-watch-illegal-streaming-surveillance-a7857606.html%3famp

Edited by Disco Dave

Rudolf's Mate
3 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I would be wary of using exodus.

As far as I was aware the TVADDONS/Fusion version of Exodus went tits up and ceased working. There were several tweaked working versions available from other sources, which the one I've got still works. Admittedly I stopped using it due to Covenant however I couldn't get something on Cov a few weeks back which bizarrely was pulling into Exodus.

Had a mate text me earlier saying that Covenant was buffering like **** or not working on everything. Is this similar to the issues that people fixed using that YouTube fix mentioned earlier? I told him to carry out the general maintenance etc which he said he had done however it was still doing it.

13 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

Cheers, but **** 'em, I'm pretty open about what I get up to with kodi. If they ask I'll even send them an itemised list.

17 minutes ago, Rudolf's Mate said:

As far as I was aware the TVADDONS/Fusion version of Exodus went tits up and ceased working. There were several tweaked working versions available from other sources, which the one I've got still works. Admittedly I stopped using it due to Covenant however I couldn't get something on Cov a few weeks back which bizarrely was pulling into Exodus.

Had a mate text me earlier saying that Covenant was buffering like **** or not working on everything. Is this similar to the issues that people fixed using that YouTube fix mentioned earlier? I told him to carry out the general maintenance etc which he said he had done however it was still doing it.

From what I’ve read, Covenant is a fork of exodus.

The buffering shouldn’t be to do with Covenant as all that is doing is pulling in the links to the streams. It will be the streams themselves that are buffering, your box/kodi/spmc settings are screwed or your internet connection has an issue.

A clean rebuild fixed the issues for me.

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Out of curiosity, I take it EPL games used to be blocked on SM for you?

Aye. Along with every other channel when EPL games were on. As I dont give two hoots about EPL football, to be blocked from watching other sports and football from the likes of Serie A, its been highly frustrating, so I'm happy that so far, Flawless has worked.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Yeah absolutely agree with that mate but I’ve never had problems with their streams and despite the lack of communication everything has always just worked and I’m prepared to give them another couple of months to sort things out. 

If by the turn of the year it’s still the same, month subs and price wise then I’ll definitely look elsewhere. 

The final straw for me was that their streams for the likes of the NHL have been absolutely horrendous. I'm not keen on how the admin and mods (one in particular) speak to folk on the forum, regardless if they are being badgered or otherwise.

As for Willow, I dont think he's been arrested, sold up or anything like that (he's posted on the forum occasionally over the last couple of weeks). I do think he's struggling with a workaround and isnt willing to put himself in the firing line on the forum.

Just now, Chester™ said:

Aye. Along with every other channel when EPL games were on. As I dont give two hoots about EPL football, to be blocked from watching other sports and football from the likes of Serie A, its been highly frustrating, so I'm happy that so far, Flawless has worked.

The final straw for me was that their streams for the likes of the NHL have been absolutely horrendous. I'm not keen on how the admin and mods (one in particular) speak to folk on the forum, regardless if they are being badgered or otherwise.

As for Willow, I dont think he's been arrested, sold up or anything like that (he's posted on the forum occasionally over the last couple of weeks). I do think he's struggling with a workaround and isnt willing to put himself in the firing line on the forum.

How was Flawless today?

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

How was Flawless today?

Wasnt in for the 3pm's but it worked brilliantly during the lunchtime game and I was able to watch other channels as well (I watched the Valencia game on Bein instead).

Just now, Chester™ said:

Wasnt in for the 3pm's but it worked brilliantly during the lunchtime game and I was able to watch other channels as well (I watched the Valencia game on Bein instead).

Might give it a bash tomorrow. Did you say there was a free trial avail?

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Might give it a bash tomorrow. Did you say there was a free trial avail?

Not free but £2 for 48 hours. That gives all the channels they have. I've just signed up for the 6 months Sports package on the back of it.

Rudolf's Mate
21 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

From what I’ve read, Covenant is a fork of exodus.

The buffering shouldn’t be to do with Covenant as all that is doing is pulling in the links to the streams. It will be the streams themselves that are buffering, your box/kodi/spmc settings are screwed or your internet connection has an issue.

A clean rebuild fixed the issues for me.

Yeah I knew that about Exodus & Covenant. I was asking because loads of people are saying they had issues with Covenant and for my mate to also be having them seemed too much of a coincidence. He said that most weren’t working and those that did he got the circle like it’s buffering however nothing happened. Thought I’d ask here rather than try spending an hour or so trying to help him on a Saturday evening ?

Rudolf's Mate
9 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

Not free but £2 for 48 hours. That gives all the channels they have. I've just signed up for the 6 months Sports package on the back of it.

Curious Chester, how much was 6 months?

Just now, Rudolf's Mate said:

Curious Chester, how much was 6 months?

£31 for the Sports.

£42.50 for the whole lot (I've no need for the lot, so didnt bother).

Rudolf's Mate
13 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

£31 for the Sports.

??

27 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

£31 for the Sports.

Nice, that's competitive

54 minutes ago, Chester™ said:

I agree with your summary, I also think their operation has become too big so they're quite happy to lose some numbers. The increase in sub costs should more or less make up for it AND reduce the bandwidth they're using.

But yeah, they've gone from being the most enthusiastically friendly and helpful provider to one of the humptiest and most unpleasant to deal with.

12 hours ago, Chester™ said:

Hi Chester, 

Does it have a sports on demand set up. Wee guy loves the wrestling and decent service from Mania. Could be a deal breaker tbh. 

1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Hi Chester, 

Does it have a sports on demand set up. Wee guy loves the wrestling and decent service from Mania. Could be a deal breaker tbh. 

Yes.

It goes by channel rather than event, so pretty much everything thats been on the likes of Sky and BT will be on there (up to around a week previous). I've not used it (I've no need to) so I cant tell you the quality of it.

I signed up with Limitless iptv for the 2 day £2 trial on friday and spent all friday night and all saturday morning just trying to get it working on either kodi,  their app via mx player and their app via perfect player and i got nothing. I was directed to their support forum for help but by this time i had had enough and gave up.

So, I have signed up to OTTTV  over the top tv for their 1 month £6 pack, and to be fair it is not up to much. I have their app downloaded and of the channels i have tried i have not been that impressed , looping blurry and stuttering with a few of them and poor quality with others, they did have the 3pm epl games working if thats your thing (not mine) and this was without me using my vpn,  all in all i have only been using it a day so things might improve over time.

I am happy to trial a few more iptv providers over the next month just to see whats out there but so far it looks like Ace tv or Flawless will replace my Mania sub.

luckyBatistuta

Anybody else having problems with Big Sams build. My build is working, but can't get  Big Sams build to install on a friends firestick, there seems to be nothing?

On 04/11/2017 at 10:02, crunchy frog said:

I heard sam doesn't use Kodi anymore so maybe the build has been abandoned. I'll find out for you

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anybody else having problems with Big Sams build. My build is working, but can't get  Big Sams build to install on a friends firestick, there seems to be nothing?

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Chester™ said:

Read that one, just not had any confirmation on it, definitely looks like it though. Gutted, as it's the best build I've had, always had problems with all the other ones. Cheers though mate :thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Wiped my big sams build and installed the Smash repo on Sunday afternoon. Had major trouble with Covenant but all working now. 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Space Mackerel said:

Wiped my big sams build and installed the Smash repo on Sunday afternoon. Had major trouble with Covenant but all working now. 

Is it good mate, does it have masses of stuff on it like the Wookie builds have, that does my head in, as you font need them all. My Covenant is still working on my AFTV with Sams build. I just can't get a new one loaded on a stick for a mate. You missing all that vibrant blue from Sams:laugh:

luckyBatistuta
25 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

How are you guys getting Coventant back?

Just checked Covenant on my Big Sams build. Tried playing the second series of Stranger Things and it's playing perfect.

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Had a similar problem on a firestick, the folder where the builds should have been was empty. Tried it on a different firestick and it worked flawlessly. Went back to the firestick that didn’t work and that to installed without a problem. Can’t explain why or how but the builds are still available to install. Got one to do tonight so I’ll let you know how I get on. 

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Had a similar problem on a firestick, the folder where the builds should have been was empty. Tried it on a different firestick and it worked flawlessly. Went back to the firestick that didn’t work and that to installed without a problem. Can’t explain why or how but the builds are still available to install. Got one to do tonight so I’ll let you know how I get on. 

That's weird,, I'll have another go at loading that firestick tonight now...cheers:thumbsup:

Space Mackerel
4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Is it good mate, does it have masses of stuff on it like the Wookie builds have, that does my head in, as you font need them all. My Covenant is still working on my AFTV with Sams build. I just can't get a new one loaded on a stick for a mate. You missing all that vibrant blue from Sams:laugh:

I’ve just loaded Covenant on from the Colosus part, that’s all I’ll be using with my RD account.

i ain’t going back to Mania, well, for now anyway. 

And fat twat Sam can do one with his pish support and horrendous colour scheme.

3 hours ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

How are you guys getting Coventant back?

Seo Michael has a guide with Smash repo ?

Edited by Space Mackerel

luckyBatistuta
11 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

I’ve just loaded Covenant on from the Colosus part, that’s all I’ll be using with my RD account.

i ain’t going back to Mania, well, for now anyway. 

And fat twat Sam can do one with his pish support and horrendous colour scheme.

Seo Michael has a guide with Smash repo ?

Lol, you gave me a wee laugh there bud. Will get a look at it. 

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Lol, you gave me a wee laugh there bud. Will get a look at it. 

Am just glad I don’t have to spend 15 mins of my life now trying to mind how to change the skin settings back to original ?

On 04/11/2017 at 22:15, Chester™ said:

£31 for the Sports.

Whats the proper log in website for flawless mate? Seems to be a few dodgy resellers. 

maroonplatoon87

I am getting to the list of streams page 

then once i click on a selected stream I'm greeted with the 2nd photo below.

this loads to around 5% and then goes away.

this is happening for all movie and tv streams.

any advice folks?

this is via Covenant 

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

5 hours ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

I am getting to the list of streams page 

then once i click on a selected stream I'm greeted with the 2nd photo below.

this loads to around 5% and then goes away.

this is happening for all movie and tv streams.

any advice folks?

this is via Covenant 

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

Further up the thread there is a vid.Use that and it is fine again

maroonplatoon87
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Further up the thread there is a vid.Use that and it is fine again

Can you point me in the right direction, not got a scooby about this kind of thing 

1 hour ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

I know have all movies working perfect but no TV shows working 

any advice people 

You tried Terrarium? Video a few pages back with clear instructions

On 10/29/2017 at 22:02, Jeff said:

A little video that might come in handy for you guys. New terrarium ad free and with a new ap that allows updates without having to uninstall

What is this?

Can I load it onto my Kodi box (T8V)?

How?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What is this?

Can I load it onto my Kodi box (T8V)?

How?

It's excellent, has tv and films. It's separate from kodi, but no idea about t8 boxes. My terrarium TV is on my stick and box.