New stand

bigmeg

Not possible - simple geometry tells you that you can only get the same number of seats as in the Wheatfield if you want the same level of slope.

If we want a greater capacity new main stand the slope will have to be shallower to accommodate more rows of seats.

That does make perfect sense.

Plus there's more room behind the stand rather than the permissible limits in height.

Time will tell on what the club decide. Look forward to seeing some plans!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new main stand, bringing the capacity up to somewhere between 20->25k would be amazing.

I hope we're all not going to be disappointed but here's hoping AB can come up trumps.  I'd happily do another 500 Club if it helped make it happen.

I'm sure the completed stadium would help bring in our existing some-time supporters more regularly and plenty new faces too.

Because if we're cutting about in a 21-22k stadium then there's not a chance we're selling 20,000 tickets ffs. :lol:

Just look at tonight's sales.

why not look at the sales for our league games?? Oh I forgot, that would be puting our club/fans in a good light, we can't have that can we

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Three very steep stands and a giant New one with less of an incline but all enclosed in a box will be plenty for not losing atmosphere. We will fill a 20k stadium too, maybe not every other week, but we will.

Have the club confirmed yet that plans are in place/being mooted for a new stand?  Fingers crossed!

Ann mentioned it at the recent shareholders meeting. Announcement to be made in early December.

How many does that stand hold?

And how much did it cost????

Different Class

How many does that stand hold?

7300 plus hospitality, so maybe need to be slightly bigger.

Looks decent but unless it's a wrap around effort which would fill the corners in thus creating more seats it would need to be a bigger stand . I'm really looking forward to see how it all pans out. Exciting times indeed.

No, it's not.

It would be preferable to most, including me, but in terms of what is best for the long term future of the club, staying in Gorgie is not paramount.

Fortunately I expect the current board to weigh everything up before coming to the correct decision.

They have and their decision is to stay.

That would, hospitality aside, get us to 20k there, or there about.

I think, from memory the Main Stand has a shade under 5000 in it.

Ann mentioned it at the recent shareholders meeting. Announcement to be made in early December.

Thanks - sounds very promising!

All roads lead to Gorgie

I wonder what the majority would like to see with a two tier stand, a smaller bottom section with more seats in the upper tier or Fifty Fifty ? Please nothing like Tannadice with just a few rows above the main section!

I wonder what the majority would like to see with a two tier stand, a smaller bottom section with more seats in the upper tier or Fifty Fifty ? Please nothing like Tannadice with just a few rows above the main section!

My Ideal stand has 2 tiers with a row of corporate through the middle

All roads lead to Gorgie

Split Fifty Fifty would be my preference with corporate in the middle.

I've been to numerous hospitality boxes - Man U, Liverpool, Tannadice, etc, and I have to say watching Hearts behind glass would just not do it for me.  I would much prefer the hospitality seats in the open centre stand - with padded heated seats of course!

mcfc_pan.jpg

I think the new main stand will be higher than the Wheatfield in the middle, but curved like the Etihad so the sides link up with the Gorgie/Roseburn. Also, there's talk of the corners being filled in which will increase capacity too, so the main stand may not have to be such a giant thing as folk think.

22k is the maximum we're allowed to have.

mcfc_pan.jpg

I think the new main stand will be higher than the Wheatfield in the middle, but curved like the Etihad so the sides link up with the Gorgie/Roseburn. Also, there's talk of the corners being filled in which will increase capacity too, so the main stand may not have to be such a giant thing as folk think.

22k is the maximum we're allowed to have.

How do you know 22k is the max?

They have and their decision is to stay.

Yep and I'm delighted it looks like we're staying in Gorgie.

However if everything had been weighed up and the decision was made that a move would have been the best thing for the club long term, I'd have supported that.

Sometimes things like emotion need to be taking out of the equation for a logical decision to be made.

But again, delighted we're staying at Tynecastle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to numerous hospitality boxes - Man U, Liverpool, Tannadice, etc, and I have to say watching Hearts behind glass would just not do it for me.  I would much prefer the hospitality seats in the open centre stand - with padded heated seats of course!

I went to a game in one of the Man Utd boxes too.  Food and drink were great but watching the match through glass was a bit weird.  You ended up looking at the TV half the time, completely missing out on the atmosphere in the ground.

They did have plenty boxes next to where I was though that had seats directly outside.  That was much better and meant you could nip in and out for food and drink. The Emirates has got something similar above their middle tier.

I reckon seats right in front of the boxes would be the way to go at Tynecastle.  You could then have general hospitality in a restaurant moving out for the game in the main seating area.

How do you know 22k is the max?

It was mentioned during the shareholder's dinner - someone recorded minutes and posted them here. On my phone or if I'd find the link.

Will everyone advocating filling-in the corners have a look at this photo of the Britannia Stadium. The support for their roofs and perimeter floodlighting (as with all stadia of this type) come up and over from BEHIND the stands. If we wanted to do the same we'd have to remove and rebuild the roofs on three stands whilst providing external cantilevers for them. There's insufficient room to achieve this and even if there was it would cost a fortune.The new main stand obviously poses no problem in this regard.

Can't help but think some folk are going to be a bit disappointed.  

stoke-city_britannia-stadium_.gif

kingantti1874

Will everyone advocating filling-in the corners have a look at this photo of the Britannia Stadium. The support for their roofs and perimeter floodlighting (as with all stadia of this type) come up and over from BEHIND the stands. If we wanted to do the same we'd have to remove and rebuild the roofs on three stands whilst providing external cantilevers for them. There's insufficient room to achieve this and even if there was it would cost a fortune.The new main stand obviously poses no problem in this regard.

There are various ways to support the structure John, a cantilever Is only one option. Filling in the corners is entirely possible from an engineering perspective - It all comes down to cost and none of the options will be particularly cheap.

I've been to numerous hospitality boxes - Man U, Liverpool, Tannadice, etc, and I have to say watching Hearts behind glass would just not do it for me. I would much prefer the hospitality seats in the open centre stand - with padded heated seats of course!

I think the most likely thing would actually be corporate boxes in the middle with a row or two of seats outside in front of them, that are separate from the rest of the seating, so in effect a mini third tier. Folk using the boxes can then sit outside or watch through the glass as they prefer.

fabienleclerq

Is it not only the corners attached to the main stand people are on about? Rather than all four.

The Jambo Janny

Narrower seats or benches in existing stands and sit cheek to cheek that would increase capacity there, thus leaving the New grandstand to be equipped with Recaro style armchairs Seriously though I don't think moving to an 'out of town' site is a good idea, look at Inverness and Falkirk, miles away from the nearest pub and poor transport links to the stadium. Ross county are the opposite - 5 mins walk from town and pub and station next door to it.

I think the most likely thing would actually be corporate boxes in the middle with a row or two of seats outside in front of them, that are separate from the rest of the seating, so in effect a mini third tier. Folk using the boxes can then sit outside or watch through the glass as they prefer.

I agree - something like the picture below.  Great food, great drink and getting to watch the Mighty Jambos with a great view!

arsenal-box-seating_350x225.jpg

Is it not only the corners attached to the main stand people are on about? Rather than all four.

Correct, there's a big difference between filling in corners and building a c shaped stand

fabienleclerq

Correct, there's a big difference between filling in corners and building a c shaped stand

I'm not an architect but that seems doable without affecting the supports in the other stands.

Another thing about filling in the corners is the security/police box in the corner of the Gorgie. That seems like a hassle to get rid off

Sorry everyone but I don't see what difference a c-shaped stand would make. If the Gorgie and Roseburn stand pillar supports at the main stand side are left untouched there must be some loss of sight-lines for anyone sitting at the extreme ends of a new main stand - as it is at the moment with the existing main stand and indeed either end of the Wheatfield. Other than removing the pillar supports, the only way to give unrestricted views from all areas would be to build a new and much less wide main stand than the existing one ie less than the distance between the pillar supports. The loss of seats doing that would have to compensated for by building a very deep stand way back towards the new school. 

Another thing about filling in the corners is the security/police box in the corner of the Gorgie. That seems like a hassle to get rid off

I think that is one of the smaller hassles we would face.

I agree - something like the picture below.  Great food, great drink and getting to watch the Mighty Jambos with a great view!

arsenal-box-seating_350x225.jpg

No ta. Sterile, dull, football almost an afterthought.

Hackney Hearts

Almost certainly, given a memorial garden has just been built in one of the other corners.

The chief exe of Edinburgh Airport was in directors' box on Saturday. Hope this not a Peebles moment.

He must be the guy that sacked that H1b5 erse that used to work at the airport.

Good guy then.

Good guy then.

The big bearded dude who ended up pictured with his CCS pals in Benidorm? Has he been punted? Gordon somethin?

...a bit disco

Good guy then.

Hearts scarfer sacks Hibs casual?

Nice one.

Maybe FF or similar ilk may want to digest the latest from the ginger loser!!

Originally Posted by greenginger viewpost-right.png

I dug out a bit of information on the PBS future, might mean nothing of course.

I wondered who now owned the old Yam office premises behind the main stand. Vlad bought them for ? 600,000 from the Mercer family and stuck the title in a Lith. company Businessline UAB.( they are on the Yam list of shame for about ? 205,000 ) Businessline went bust too and the property has been sold by their admins for ? 300,000. Yams lease the offices for ? 25,000/year same as before.

The purchaser is a company called M & P (P) Ltd, who are part of the Chris Stewart Group. They are talented developers, just completed Advocates Close and working at Baxters Place. They also bought Vlad's bank premises at 42 St Andrew Square.

I wonder why Budge didn't buy them if a new stand was on the future proposals ,or is Chris Stewart looking to get involved in a Tynie redevelopment as a football stadium or a new use altogether.

Of course the Yam offices might have come as a job-lot with the St Andrew Sq. property and they had to take them.

Maybe FF or similar ilk may want to digest the latest from the ginger loser!!

Originally Posted by greenginger viewpost-right.png

I dug out a bit of information on the PBS future, might mean nothing of course.

I wondered who now owned the old Yam office premises behind the main stand. Vlad bought them for ? 600,000 from the Mercer family and stuck the title in a Lith. company Businessline UAB.( they are on the Yam list of shame for about ? 205,000 ) Businessline went bust too and the property has been sold by their admins for ? 300,000. Yams lease the offices for ? 25,000/year same as before.

The purchaser is a company called M & P (P) Ltd, who are part of the Chris Stewart Group. They are talented developers, just completed Advocates Close and working at Baxters Place. They also bought Vlad's bank premises at 42 St Andrew Square.

I wonder why Budge didn't buy them if a new stand was on the future proposals ,or is Chris Stewart looking to get involved in a Tynie redevelopment as a football stadium or a new use altogether.

Of course the Yam offices might have come as a job-lot with the St Andrew Sq. property and they had to take them.

Anyone else feel the absolute venom from green ginger ?

Boy needs to find another hobby, this is just sad

Archived