Christianity

Guest Bilel Mohsni

niblick1874

Why was i quoted in this?

Sorry I should have asked you if it was ok. It was to point out to him and everyone else that I am not the one that gives out insults willy nilly with out provocation and that what he was stating as facts was actually the other way round. I was using your post to show that someone had noticed that I try to stick to the point while others (him being a prime example) jump in with no input other than insults.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doctor jambo

Sorry I should have asked you if it was ok. It was to point out to him and everyone else that I am not the one that gives out insults willy nilly with out provocation and that what he was stating as facts was actually the other way round. I was using your post to show that someone had noticed that I try to stick to the point while others (him being a prime example) jump in with no input other than insults.

can you keep this on topic please.

I think the points have been made now and the endless bickering is not going to change entrenched views

So can it stop?

You can say black is white all you want. You protest to much. You are an abusive troll and I will continue to put you in your place in a reap what you sow way as well as leaving you a gibbering mess. I sagest (for your own good) that you put me on ignore. 

You know, despite all of your claims you haven't ever put someone in their place or left them a gibbering mess. 

All you do is state that people are trolls and abusive, missing the irony of your statement about people being abusive. In fact over several threads you have resorted to being rude and throwing childish abuse when directly confronted with questions. I won't put you on ignore as I've never done it for anyone before and plan to continue that way, but I won't hesitate to report you if you throw more abuse my way.

niblick1874

The other interesting thing is the existence or otherwise of Archangel ( now fallen) Lucifer.

used to read loads about this and Satanism in general due to my Death Metal obsession,

Consensus is that the nature of any Angel ( even a fallen one _) is pure love, and it was his love for humanity that caused the civil war in heaven- he was trying to overthrow what he saw as an oppressive dictatorship that was preventing mankind from fulfilling its potential.

Well, he lost and was given evicted from the big brother house- but his nature ( pure love) cannot be changed, so the evil carried out on earth is not in his ( Lucifer) s name- he was trying to set us free.

So the result of the civil was maintenance of the early regime and another 2000 + years of intolerance, hatred, killing and general misery punctuated by brief abnormal spells of happiness before you die

At least Buddhism acknowledges that as a central tenet - you are supposed to be unhappy- it is only when you accept this that you can truly be happy....

Giant skeletons= Nephilim who were fallen angels who were pals of Lucifer who didn't get on with God. God exists.  :2thumbsup:

niblick1874

You know, despite all of your claims you haven't ever put someone in their place or left them a gibbering mess. 

All you do is state that people are trolls and abusive, missing the irony of your statement about people being abusive. In fact over several threads you have resorted to being rude and throwing childish abuse when directly confronted with questions. I won't put you on ignore as I've never done it for anyone before and plan to continue that way, but I won't hesitate to report you if you throw more abuse my way.

Yep. your another one. Same goes for you.

doctor jambo

Giant skeletons= Nephilim who were fallen angels who were pals of Lucifer who didn't get on with God. God exists.  :2thumbsup:

If he exists then, as I stated before he is the one from the Old testatment, not the cuddly , re branded "I'm now a dad so I've changed" one of the New testament

Generic Username

I never expected anyone to believe me on that matter quite the opposite and I said so. You can't know that I didn't have proof so you can't say I didn't, you can only say you don't believe me which is fine with me. I never said I would (or could) prove it to anyone on here, again quite the opposite. I said I would not attempt to prove it.

You wouldn't attempt to prove your own proof?

:rofl:

Well played on getting the safety cap off the bleach all by yourself.

niblick1874

You wouldn't attempt to prove your own proof?

Well played on getting the safety cap off the bleach all by yourself.

Because some folk on Kickback demand that I do or I'm a liar? You want me to do that on Kickback? Are you for real? After saying that I wouldn't and the only reason I mentioned it was to let people know why I believed? As soon as you figure out that just because you want me to doesn't mean I should, Let me know

Riddley Walker

Because some folk on Kickback demand that I do or I'm a liar? You want me to do that on Kickback? Are you for real? After saying that I wouldn't and the only reason I mentioned it was to let people know why I believed? As soon as you figure out that just because you want me to doesn't mean I should, Let me know

Tbh, it's pretty standard behaviour for folk to request more when you make such outlandish claims.

Generic Username

Because some folk on Kickback demand that I do or I'm a liar? You want me to do that on Kickback? Are you for real? After saying that I wouldn't and the only reason I mentioned it was to let people know why I believed? As soon as you figure out that just because you want me to doesn't mean I should, Let me know

You're some boy. Apologies for not taking your word that you, a random character from the internet, had proof of the afterlife.

I've got proof that humans evolved from golf balls. I'm not going to say how I know it and as sure as I am that my last shit was brown, I won't even entertain suggestions that I prove my claims with some kind of evidence or facts.

That's just be an absolutely outrageous request to make of me.

GOOD DAY SIR

niblick1874

Tbh, it's pretty standard behaviour for folk to request more when you make such outlandish claims.

I said in my opening post that I wouldn't be telling so if I'm ask and I don't tell it should not only not come as a shock, It should be expected and not result a bunch of classless claims of liar liar.

doctor jambo

Christianity eh?

Pfffft

Discussing it is not as interesting as a three way bunfight on a forum.

I can confirm that whilst the existence of the after life is open to some dubiety

I have absolute rock solid proof of the After-birth, and instead of posting it on the internet, I will post it to your houses if you don't all calm down

OK?

niblick1874

You're some boy. Apologies for not taking your word that you, a random character from the internet, had proof of the afterlife.

I've got proof that humans evolved from golf balls. I'm not going to say how I know it and as sure as I am that my last shit was brown, I won't even entertain suggestions that I prove my claims with some kind of evidence or facts.

That's just be an absolutely outrageous request to make of me.

GOOD DAY SIR

Where did I ask anyone to take my word for it. I didn't. Your posts are full of you making things up. As for the rest of your post, What a lot of gibberish.

OmiyaHearts

If there is no god does that mean there is no afterlife because I know there is an afterlife.

What is it like?

niblick1874

Christianity eh?

Pfffft

Discussing it is not as interesting as a three way bunfight on a forum.

I can confirm that whilst the existence of the after life is open to some dubiety

I have absolute rock solid proof of the After-birth, and instead of posting it on the internet, I will post it to your houses if you don't all calm down

OK?

I'll be a good boy. I promise so hard to behave.  :D

super_vlad

I'll be a good boy. I promise so hard to behave. :D

Have you heard of Joseph smith?

Dum dum dum

Generic Username

Where did I ask anyone to take my word for it. I didn't. Your posts are full of you making things up. As for the rest of your post, What a lot of gibberish.

You said you had proof my man. You didn't say "I have a theory about the afterlife", you told us there was proof.

How on earth could we not believe said proof if you were able to validate it? That'll be because you couldn't and it wasn't actually proof you had, just some coincidental sequence of events that were no more profound than when people go;

"You'll never guess what. I was just thinking about Janice and guess who called me? Janice!"

That isn't proof of an afterlife, it's statistical probability.

Plus we already know what your "proof" was given you've previously blurted it out on here so I'm not entirely sure why now it's some closely guarded secret.

No, he has other proof. The other proof is better. And real! But we're not getting to know what it is. That would be silly.

I have a friend who goes to church, a lot. He was telling me that they are interviewing for a new pastor. After a recent interview, one of the 'committee' told the rest that he felt that God was telling him that the interviewee was 'the one'

Another member said that god was telling him he was not 'the one'

This is a true story

Is god playing games with these people???

niblick1874

No, he has other proof. The other proof is better. And real! But we're not getting to know what it is. That would be silly.

Maybe I should have. After all, Kickback is the perfect place to do such things.

Generic Username

Maybe I should have. After all, Kickback is the perfect place to do such things.

You're the one who started talking about having proof you knucklehead!

niblick1874

You're the one who started talking about having proof you knucklehead!

Along with stating that I would not be talking about it. You'd think that you were all upset that you can't find out if we didn't know any better.  :whistling:

Reading the last few pages has left me a gibbering mess.

Ray, got a link to that old thread with the text messages?

Generic Username

Along with stating that I would not be talking about it. You'd think that you were all upset that you can't find out if we didn't know any better. :whistling:

I'm positively raging God's wasted his time proving the afterlife to you while my prayers for a four inch boabby go unanswered.

Niblick1874, give it up FFS.

You've made a James Hunt of things and you're just making it worse.

Watt-Zeefuik

Holy s---snacks how have I been missing out on the fun here? 

Am I too late or did niblick ruin the thread permanently?

Right then.  Wife's a Presbyterian Church (USA) minister.  Where do we start?  Biblical literalism? Hell? The interplay of science and religion?

MgM6yFQ.jpg

Maple Leaf had a good one...  "How does religion respond to a world where there is no why?" or some such.

Well, why did you get out of bed this morning?

niblick1874

Holy s---snacks how have I been missing out on the fun here? 

Am I too late or did niblick ruin the thread permanently?

Right then.  Wife's a Presbyterian Church (USA) minister.  Where do we start?  Biblical literalism? Hell? The interplay of science and religion?

MgM6yFQ.jpg

Maple Leaf had a good one...  "How does religion respond to a world where there is no why?" or some such.

well, why did you get out of bed this morning?

What do you mean. It had gone round in circles so many times it was on it's way down the plug hole. I just spiced it up a bit to kept it on the first page for you. It's not my fault that everyone wanted proof that I was not going to give instead of answering my question which was . :smiley2:

Watt-Zeefuik

What do you mean. It had gone round in circles so many times it was on it's way down the plug hole. I just spiced it up a bit to kept it on the first page for you. It's not my fault that everyone wanted proof that I was not going to give instead of answering my question which was . :smiley2:

It was going decently up until yesterday.  Crap like "I know there's an afterlife but I'm not going to tell you why" is the kind of stuff that makes people refuse to believe that thoughtful Christianity is possible.

Watt-Zeefuik

Quit the Niblick bashing. He's pretty much kept us entertained the whole close season.

:fonzie:

Yeah, I'm just bitter. Only check in on the Shed every week or so and find out I've missed a good God smashup.  :(

It was going decently up until yesterday.  Crap like "I know there's an afterlife but I'm not going to tell you why" is the kind of stuff that makes people refuse to believe that thoughtful Christianity is possible.

I agree with you. Likewise a snapshot of the posts on this thread suggest that disbelief certainly does not result from logical conclusions based on well researched data.

Riddley Walker

It was going decently up until yesterday. Crap like "I know there's an afterlife but I'm not going to tell you why" is the kind of stuff that makes people refuse to believe that thoughtful Christianity is possible.

I've lived and worked abroad with lots of Western non-Brits and I couldn't believe how normalised believing in God was. In the UK if you are under 50 and believe in God you are looked upon with utter bewilderment.

It just doesn't happen, I think I've met 2 people my age (late 20s) who believe in God. They are a bit mental in the heed.

Whereas the Mercans and the Saffas were openly religious and young.

I agree with you. Likewise a snapshot of the posts on this thread suggest that disbelief certainly does not result from logical conclusions based on well researched data.

The only illogical stuff I've seen posted on this thread has been by Theists; invoking Pascal's wager, using things like folk praying in times of crisis and the fact that science can't yet fully understand the inner workings of gravity to somehow point towards the existence of a God.

What illogical stuff has been posted by Atheists?

Maple Leaf

Well, why did you get out of bed this morning?

I was responding to a post that went along the lines of, "Science can explain how, but it takes religion to explain why".

The point I was trying to make was that just because a question can be posed, doesn't make it a valid question.

For example, "Why does the universe exist?" is not a valid question, therefore religion (Christianity) does not have the answer.  If you think that Christianity does have the answer to all 'why' questions, I have one.  Why does God exist?

This thread took a weird turn in the last day, although I suppose all threads about religion go that way. I'll continue to ignore the abuse dished out on here to Christians and carry on believing; what everyone else believes is up to them

Riddley Walker

This thread took a weird turn in the last day, although I suppose all threads about religion go that way. I'll continue to ignore the abuse dished out on here to Christians and carry on believing; what everyone else believes is up to them

I'm not being wide and this is a genuine question. What is it that makes you believe in God? As there doesn't seem to be anything pointing towards his existence.

I was responding to a post that went along the lines of, "Science can explain how, but it takes religion to explain why".

The point I was trying to make was that just because a question can be posed, doesn't make it a valid question.

For example, "Why does the universe exist?" is not a valid question, therefore religion (Christianity) does not have the answer. If you think that Christianity does have the answer to all 'why' questions, I have one. Why does God exist?

Imo why does the universe exist is the most valid question there is.

Maple Leaf

Fair enough.  Can religion supply the answer, as is claimed?

AlphonseCapone

Excuse the pun but why?

....because there is no start or end to Infinity.

KA-POW !

I never expected anyone to believe me on that matter quite the opposite and I said so. You can't know that I didn't have proof so you can't say I didn't, you can only say you don't believe me which is fine with me. I never said I would (or could) prove it to anyone on here, again quite the opposite. I said I would not attempt to prove it. 

You inferred you shared your "proof" with the scientific community. I look forward to both the award of your nobel prize and life on earth being absolutely revolutionised. 

I completely agree with the idea that there is no why. The universe just is.

The only meaning that life and our existence has, is whatever meaning you as an individual attach to it.

Archived