Christianity

Guest Bilel Mohsni

niblick1874

If there is no god does that mean there is no afterlife because I know there is an afterlife.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is no god does that mean there is no afterlife because I know there is an afterlife.

and how do you KNOW that?

niblick1874

and how do you KNOW that?

Personal experience and that is as far as I will go. You don't have to believe me In fact I would be surprised if you did. I don't know what it is but I know that It is there. Because I know that there is does not mean I believe in god, but I will not dismiss it out of hand, Just posing the question.,

:rofl:

You got proof aye?  

niblick1874

You got proof aye?  

I did have physical proof at one point, it turned one or two people chalk white. Don't ask me what it was because I won't say. The reason for mentioning that I know that it exists is because that Is why I will not dismiss god out of hand in the way that some do on here. To be honest, even if I didn't know what I do I more than likely would not dismiss him out of hand.

I did have physical proof at one point, it turned one or two people chalk white. Don't ask me what it was because I won't say. The reason for mentioning that I know that it exists is because that Is why I will not dismiss god out of hand in the way that some do on here. To be honest, even if I didn't know what I do I more than likely would not dismiss him out of hand.

You had physical proof of the afterlife but chose not to share it with the scientifc community? :lol:

I did have physical proof at one point, it turned one or two people chalk white. Don't ask me what it was because I won't say. The reason for mentioning that I know that it exists is because that Is why I will not dismiss god out of hand in the way that some do on here. To be honest, even if I didn't know what I do I more than likely would not dismiss him out of hand.

I fought your points alongside you in the Bilderberg thread, and admired you for continueing your point despite constant abuse.....

but this is just funny.

niblick1874

You had physical proof of the afterlife but chose not to share it with the scientifc community? :lol:

You're not very bright are you. Who said I didn't

niblick1874
:laugh4: 

I fought your points alongside you in the Bilderberg thread, and admired you for continueing your point despite constant abuse.....

but this is just funny.

I am very much aware it is out there and I don't mind the sniggers on this one :laugh4:

Riddley Walker

You're not very bright are you. Who said I didn't

They either didn't take you very seriously then, or you're part of a scientific conspiracy to keep knowledge of the afterlife from the public. Or you're talking absolute shite.

I know which option I'd discount.

Classic stuff  :lol:

Generic Username

Great turn of events.

Choking to hear about this proof of an afterlife;

ghost-towel.jpg?f187b0

Wait....this "proof" isn't a text message your supposedly received from a dead relative is it?

niblick1874

They either didn't take you very seriously then, or you're part of a scientific conspiracy to keep knowledge of the afterlife from the public. Or you're talking absolute shite.

I know which option I'd discount.

Do you discount god as well?

I've got proof but I'm not telling anyone what it is. 

:cornette:

How astute of you. :stunned:

Generic Username

"I'm getting...yes, yes OK...oh the spirits are strong...yes...OK...I'm getting the word...bullshit"

article-1225942-071E5E96000005DC-980_468

niblick1874

Wait....this "proof" isn't a text message your supposedly received from a dead relative is it?

No.  

Generic Username

"I have proof of an afterlife"

"What is it?"

"I'm not saying"

WELL THAT'S US ALL CONVINCED THEN

Riddley Walker

Do you discount god as well?

How astute of you. :stunned:

Of course I discount God, I'm not a maniac.

After checking an old thread, I'm certain this is the supposed evidence that there is definitely an afterlife:

I received a text from my brother using his sons cell about something only him and I knew. He had died three days before.

It's a shame about your brother, but this is so far away from being proof that it's beyond parody.

Possibility A: Tried to send a text using his son's phone 3 days earlier. Didn't hit send. Message got sent by son 3 days later, possibly without realising he'd even done it.

Possibility B: The son wrote and sent it himself (people do odd things in moments of grief), later realised it was wrong, deleted the message from his phone and denied everything about it.

Possibility C: Random network anomaly causing a delay in the message arriving.

Possibility D: Tried to send the text 3 days earlier, didn't have network coverage. Couldn't send. Phone turned off and message sent when it was turned back on days later.

Possibility E: A spooky ghost chose to contact you through the medium of SMS using somebody else's phone.

Which of these is least plausible?

Generic Username

No.  

After checking an old thread, I'm certain this is the supposed evidence that there is definitely an afterlife:

It's a shame about your brother, but this is so far away from being proof that it's beyond parody.

Possibility A: Tried to send a text using his son's phone 3 days earlier. Didn't hit send. Message got sent by son 3 days later, possibly without realising he'd even done it.

Possibility B: The son wrote and sent it himself (people do odd things in moments of grief), later realised it was wrong, deleted the message from his phone and denied everything about it.

Possibility C: Random network anomaly causing a delay in the message arriving.

Possibility D: Tried to send the text 3 days earlier, didn't have network coverage. Couldn't send. Phone turned off and message sent when it was turned back on days later.

Possibility E: A spooky ghost chose to contact you through the medium of SMS using somebody else's phone.

Which of these is least plausible?

Well, this is awkward.

:jjyay:

Generic Username

I'm sure they'll be back on with the actual proof to clarify matters.

Video of a ghost sending the text or GTFO

niblick1874

"I have proof of an afterlife"

"What is it?"

"I'm not saying"

WELL THAT'S US ALL CONVINCED THEN

I"m not trying to convince anyone. I am asking if there is anyone that believes that there is no god but there is an afterlife while pointing out the dilemma I have. I don't care if nobody believes what I say about the afterlife. I was saying that I did believe and why

Generic Username

I"m not trying to convince anyone. I am asking if there is anyone that believes that there is no god but there is an afterlife while pointing out the dilemma I have. I don't care if nobody believes what I say about the afterlife. I was saying that I did believe and why

Hold on here Niblick my man.

You never said;

"You know what, personally, I believe in an afterlife. It's a personal thing, it's just what I believe and ultimately I don't need to really go into the ins and outs. Much like other peoples religious beliefs, that's their bag"

You told us you had proof. Actual proof of the afterlife. You're effectively suggesting that those who don't believe in the afterlife are misinformed because you are in posession of cold hard proof that it does indeed exist.

Except you don't really have proof, and that's fine, just maybe you know, stop saying you do have proof.

Because you don't.

Generic Username

I did have physical proof at one point, it turned one or two people chalk white. Don't ask me what it was because I won't say. The reason for mentioning that I know that it exists is because that Is why I will not dismiss god out of hand in the way that some do on here. To be honest, even if I didn't know what I do I more than likely would not dismiss him out of hand.

Just in case this ends up mysteriously disappearing.

niblick1874

Well, this is awkward.

:jjyay:

No it's not. You can believe I am the kind of person that shit like this happens to more than once or not atoll and I am full of it, I don't care. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Generic Username

No it's not. You can believe I am the kind of person that shit like this happens to more than once or not atoll and I am full of it, I don't care. Do you believe in an afterlife?

As soon as I get a text message 3 days late I'll let you know.

You never said;

"You know what, personally, I believe in an afterlife. It's a personal thing, it's just what I believe and ultimately I don't need to really go into the ins and outs. Much like other peoples religious beliefs, that's their bag"

You told us you had proof. Actual proof of the afterlife. You're effectively suggesting that those who don't believe in the afterlife are misinformed because you are in posession of cold hard proof that it does indeed exist.

Except you don't really have proof, and that's fine, just maybe you know, stop saying you do have proof.

Because you don't.

Well, he didnt say he has proof, he said he had(past tense, like the afterlife). This is pretty personal stuff youve both casted up.

Generic Username

Well, he didnt say he has proof, he said he had(past tense, like the afterlife). This is pretty personal stuff youve both casted up.

You ken you're on shaky ground when you're clinging on to the tense used.

Personal stuff that has already been shared with the forum and is open to public viewing.

Personal stuff that has already been shared with the forum and is open to public viewing.

He asked for an opinion, not for someone to bring up stuff about his brother, then use to rip the piss.

Lower than snakes belly.

Ray Gin and Audioslave, are you allowed to talk in the house?.

Generic Username

Ray Gin and Audioslave, are you allowed to talk in the house?.

That's pretty personal stuff you've just brought up.

niblick1874

You never said;

Because you don't.

I wanted to explain that for me I had a reason to believe because of what has happened to me and that for me it was not hope. I also wanted to know if anyone believed in it but did not believe in god. A hole page about my question and not one answer.

Well, this is bizarre!

:cornette:

Theres banter and then theres not.

Riddley Walker

He asked for an opinion, not for someone to bring up stuff about his brother, then use to rip the piss.

Lower than snakes belly.

Nah. This isn't about his brother. That stuff was already in the public domain and he brought it up again today, kind of out of nowhere.

He's having the pish ripped out of him because of his "proof of the afterlife" comments.

Given that he is probably the moat abusive poster on this board and somehow escapes repercussions, I have no problem whatsoever mocking his idiocy.

Generic Username

I wanted to explain that for me I had a reason to believe because of what has happened to me and that for me it was not hope. I also wanted to know if anyone believed in it but did not believe in god.

You can genuinely believe whatever you like my man, and you're well within your rights to say "I believe in this because X/Y/Z happened to me" but that doesn't equate proof of an afterlife. The two aren't mutually exclusive and to suggest such a thing is frankly, and quite rightly, open to ridicule.

niblick1874

but this is just funny.

Nah. This isn't about his brother. That stuff was already in the public domain and he brought it up again today, kind of out of nowhere.

He's having the pish ripped out of him because of his "proof of the afterlife" comments.

Given that he is probably the moat abusive poster on this board and somehow escapes repercussions, I have no problem whatsoever mocking his idiocy.

You can say black is white all you want. You protest to much. You are an abusive troll and I will continue to put you in your place in a reap what you sow way as well as leaving you a gibbering mess. I sagest (for your own good) that you put me on ignore. 

Riddley Walker

You can say black is white all you want. You protest to much. You are an abusive troll and I will continue to put you in your place in a reap what you sow way as well as leaving you a gibbering mess. I sagest (for your own good) that you put me on ignore.

That's me told :cornette:

Also, "sagest" :rofl:

You can say black is white all you want. You protest to much. You are an abusive troll and I will continue to put you in your place in a reap what you sow way as well as leaving you a gibbering mess. I sagest (for your own good) that you put me on ignore.

Why was i quoted in this?

doctor jambo

There is no afterlife, nor a God.

The alternative is that there is a God, and he allows enormous suffering, pain, torture and misery, despite having the ability to stop it. with many of these things carried out in his name.

If he is head of these organisations do you not think he should be pulling up his board of directors in the Churches and going "come on guys, I never said that, stop it or I'll have you fired (literally)

Or even worse- he exists and endorses their behaviour - and it is a reflection of HIS views.

I'd rather a return of Zeus- straightforward, raging, power house who crushes his enemies and changes into a swan to seduce mortals

Mess with him and the Kraken wipes you out

Proper deity

Pans Jambo

There is no afterlife, nor a God.

The alternative is that there is a God, and he allows enormous suffering, pain, torture and misery, despite having the ability to stop it. with many of these things carried out in his name.

If he is head of these organisations do you not think he should be pulling up his board of directors in the Churches and going "come on guys, I never said that, stop it or I'll have you fired (literally)

Or even worse- he exists and endorses their behaviour - and it is a reflection of HIS views.

I'd rather a return of Zeus- straightforward, raging, power house who crushes his enemies and changes into a swan to seduce mortals

Mess with him and the Kraken wipes you out

Proper deity

Yes. Thats pretty much bang on the money for me.

niblick1874

You can genuinely believe whatever you like my man, and you're well within your rights to say "I believe in this because X/Y/Z happened to me" but that doesn't equate proof of an afterlife. The two aren't mutually exclusive and to suggest such a thing is frankly, and quite rightly, open to ridicule.

I never expected anyone to believe me on that matter quite the opposite and I said so. You can't know that I didn't have proof so you can't say I didn't, you can only say you don't believe me which is fine with me. I never said I would (or could) prove it to anyone on here, again quite the opposite. I said I would not attempt to prove it. 

doctor jambo

The other interesting thing is the existence or otherwise of Archangel ( now fallen) Lucifer.

used to read loads about this and Satanism in general due to my Death Metal obsession,

Consensus is that the nature of any Angel ( even a fallen one _) is pure love, and it was his love for humanity that caused the civil war in heaven- he was trying to overthrow what he saw as an oppressive dictatorship that was preventing mankind from fulfilling its potential.

Well, he lost and was given evicted from the big brother house- but his nature ( pure love) cannot be changed, so the evil carried out on earth is not in his ( Lucifer) s name- he was trying to set us free.

So the result of the civil was maintenance of the early regime and another 2000 + years of intolerance, hatred, killing and general misery punctuated by brief abnormal spells of happiness before you die

At least Buddhism acknowledges that as a central tenet - you are supposed to be unhappy- it is only when you accept this that you can truly be happy....

Archived