Is there life....

Sidsnot

...after death?

Sorry if it sounds a little bit morbid but I remember as a young kid,8 years old to be precise,and my gran took me and 2 of her children,( I was brought up with my grandparents) to a place in Ireland where I had never been before.

Anyway,we were in a place on the outskirts of a place called Ballyjamesduff,I'm sure there was a song made about the town,and one day I went into the town and went to the local cinema.

Feeling unwell,I decided to head back and ended up getting totally lost,now comes the eerie part,each road I came to,I knew what was coming next,I wasn't in the least bit scared,it was as if I knew every street even though I'd never been there in my short life.

I know the brain can often play tricks but I got home no problem at all and I'm sure we've all been in a similar situation as I was in,thoughts?

Ryan Jarman

Sure you weren't looking at Goggle maps on your phone?

I don't see the relevance of your story to the question being asked? You got lost, eventually found your way home,  somehow it made you wonder if there is life after death. Am I interpreting it wrong? 

Anyway, my opinion is there is nothing. Just an endless, dreamless sleep.

I don't see the relevance of your story to the question being asked? You got lost, eventually found your way home,  somehow it made you wonder if there is life after death. Am I interpreting it wrong? 

Anyway, my opinion is there is nothing. Just an endless, dreamless sleep.

There was 5 different ways out of the town,I picked the wrong one,yet knew my way back,if you are young you tend to panic,right,I didnt,I knew every street even before I came towards it,it wasn't just luck I got home safely.

I checked out this article....http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/life-after-death-largestever-study-provides-evidence-that-out-of-body-and-neardeath-experiences-may-actually-be-real-9780195.html

The recently retired magician,skeptic,James Randi refuted the evidence but seriously,like I said before,there must be a good few on here who have been sure they've been in a strange place yet never been there before,oddly though,it happens more often when you are younger.

...after death?

Sorry if it sounds a little bit morbid but I remember as a young kid,8 years old to be precise,and my gran took me and 2 of her children,( I was brought up with my grandparents) to a place in Ireland where I had never been before.

Anyway,we were in a place on the outskirts of a place called Ballyjamesduff,I'm sure there was a song made about the town,and one day I went into the town and went to the local cinema.

Feeling unwell,I decided to head back and ended up getting totally lost,now comes the eerie part,each road I came to,I knew what was coming next,I wasn't in the least bit scared,it was as if I knew every street even though I'd never been there in my short life.

I know the brain can often play tricks but I got home no problem at all and I'm sure we've all been in a similar situation as I was in,thoughts?

That's called deja vu

That's called deja vu

To be pedantic, it's probably closer to deja visite than deja vu.

The only reason I know this is because I read an article 2 days ago which discussed deja vu, deja visite and similar phenomena.

Must be a right disappointment if there is and you've commited suicide.

I've never been so insulted in all my life.!!!

This one I mean.:)

To be pedantic, it's probably closer to deja visite than deja vu.

The only reason I know this is because I read an article 2 days ago which discussed deja vu, deja visite and similar phenomena.

That's good pedantry. Was trying to remember that term but it wasn't happening. Ta.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Forgive me for saying this but it sounds like the place you found your way home through doesn't sound very big. If you had said Tokyo or somewhere like that then WOW you must have been there in a past life or other such nonsense! :wings:

AlphonseCapone

Back in 1960?

Holy shit, you were 8 in 1960? I was certain you were a teenager!

Funny how we are so quizzical about life after death when we don't care about the millions of years before we were born. The similarity in both before and after is that this entity we know as our life never existed before birth and won't exit after death,  so there now you've been telt.

Holy shit, you were 8 in 1960? I was certain you were a teenager!

I am,this is me back again. Sheeeesh.

By the way, Hibs win the Scottish Cup in 2097.

Funny how we are so quizzical about life after death when we don't care about the millions of years before we were born. The similarity in both before and after is that this entity we know as our life never existed before birth and won't exit after death,  so there now you've been telt.

Thank you Big Yin,I'll be good from now on.

8 years old. In Ireland.

OP obviously had his drunken homing beacon on the go.

Aye,very good,my grandparents came from Lisburn.

That's good pedantry. Was trying to remember that term but it wasn't happening. Ta.

Sounds like a case of presque vu.

I'd like to think so. Dunno but believe there is. I like the idea of reincarnation. I wanna come back as a cat. Lazy barstewards.

Silvery_Moon

I had the opposite experience to the OP. Having lived all my life in Edinburgh I was surprised when I got lost in the centre of town. I had spent half an hour trying to get to the end of Moray Place. I had been drinking though.

niblick1874

I received a text from my brother using his sons cell about something only him and I knew. He had died three days before.

I received a text from my brother using his sons cell about something only him and I knew. He had died three days before.

Jeez,the hairs on my back just went up.

niblick1874

v

Jeez,the hairs on my back just went up.

I do not lie. What's more is that I watched him die in my sleep. It was not a dream, it was completely different and exactly the way that he died, while he died. I do not know if there is a heaven or hell but I do no that there is something. Here's a thing that I still have not figured out. About three months later, I had the same experience while sleeping. It was not visual, it was vocal. It was of my mother asking my brother to go and get me and my brother said no. Everything I have said here is true.

I'm sure he sent it before he died and it never reached you at the time due to an anomaly on the network. If I'm capable of things like that when I die I'll be making books fly off shelves and making dog turds from the pavement float into the the dog owners mouth whilst they sleep.

niblick1874

I'm sure he sent it before he died and it never reached you at the time due to an anomaly on the network. If I'm capable of things like that when I die I'll be making books fly off shelves and making dog turds from the pavement float into the the dog owners mouth whilst they sleep.

I asked my nephew if he had sent the text, he said no. He would not lie about that, when I asked him, we had a look at his phone records and it was not there. When I showed him my phone records and the text was there from his phone, he turned white. I don't know why it was not on his phone, but I do know that he would not have known to send me that text. The text referred to something that happened the day before my brother died and we checked that date up until I received the text.  By the way, I like how you are sure. Remind me to come to you when I am not sure. ******* plum. 

AlphonseCapone

I asked my nephew if he had sent the text, he said no. He would not lie about that, when I asked him, we had a look at his phone records and it was not there. When I showed him my phone records and the text was there from his phone, he turned white. I don't know why it was not on his phone, but I do know that he would not have known to send me that text. The text referred to something that happened the day before my brother died and we checked that date up until I received the text. By the way, I like how you are sure. Remind me to come to you when I am not sure. ******* plum.

Bit of an over reaction there no? He's just giving you a valid reasonable explanation for what might have happened.

I dont believe in ghosts, an after life, heaven & hell or god/Jesus/Buddha/Allah/Zeus etc. 3 weeks ago I watched my gran slowly deteriorate through cancer & old age. The last few days she lay in the hospice with no reaction or response to anybody. She must have been switching from being in serious pain to being away with it on morphine. When the priest came in to read her last rights I was stunned to see my gran open her eyes & smile for a few seconds, then drift off again.

Anyway, my point is that even if you dont believe in it, if it provides that much faith & comfort in someone then let it be.

niblick1874

Bit of an over reaction there no? He's just giving you a valid reasonable explanation for what might have happened.

He said he was sure.

Years ago, my grandfathers twin brother died. The family didn't know at this point. My grandfather was looking out of the living room window and seen him walking down the street. He then turned to my nana and said "look, it's my brother". At this point, he swore his brother then turned around to wave at him, and then disappeared round the corner. About 30 minutes later, my grandfathers sister came to the house to tell him about their brother. Now, he is a religious mam, and he still says that god let him wave goodbye to his twin brother on his way to heaven. Me, as I'm not religious, I have no explanation.

Lets find out........

Ghgghhggghhhhhhhgfgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I asked my nephew if he had sent the text, he said no. He would not lie about that, when I asked him, we had a look at his phone records and it was not there. When I showed him my phone records and the text was there from his phone, he turned white. I don't know why it was not on his phone, but I do know that he would not have known to send me that text. The text referred to something that happened the day before my brother died and we checked that date up until I received the text. By the way, I like how you are sure. Remind me to come to you when I am not sure. ******* plum.

I'm very pragmatic and tend to see things from different angles. I don't believe a dead person can send text messages, and if they could I think they'd probably send it from their own phone. There's usually a logical explanation, I'm not sorry if you don't like that, but feel free to believe what you like. That's your prerogative.

niblick1874

I'm very pragmatic and tend to see things from different angles. I don't believe a dead person can send text messages, and if they could I think they'd probably send it from their own phone. There's usually a logical explanation, I'm not sorry if you don't like that, but feel free to believe what you like. That's your prerogative.

There is one thing that I am sure of. You can't be sure of what happened.

There is one thing that I am sure of. You can't be sure of what happened.

You can be sure or unsure of what you want, and whilst I'm open to rational discussion you can't tell me what I think.

Edit: I would ask many questions of this phantom text. Does the mobile phone carrier have record of it? If not, then it didn't really come from that phone. So then it's spooky, right? I would then ask again, that if a dead person could send texts from where they wanted without even using a network then why would they be hiding behind someone else's name? It doesn't add up.

niblick1874

You can be sure or unsure of what you want, and whilst I'm open to rational discussion you can't tell me what I think.

I did not say I could tell you what you think. but I can tell you what you typed. Unless what you type is not what you think

I did not say I could tell you what you think. but I can tell you what you typed. Unless what you type is not what you think

You told me I couldn't be sure. I'm sure. I'm debating here, but it feels like you're trying to argue which isn't my aim. I'm not trying to get your back up, and whilst they doesn't mean I'll tell you what you want to hear it does mean that this my my last post on the subject. My last post was edited before I typed this.

niblick1874

Edit: I would ask many questions of this phantom text. Does the mobile phone carrier have record of it? If not, then it didn't really come from that phone. So then it's spooky, right? I would then ask again, that if a dead person could send texts from where they wanted without even using a network then why would they be hiding behind someone else's name? It doesn't add up.

Maybe he wanted his son to know. I don't know, and at no point have I said I did. At no point have I said I knew how it happened Just that it happened. You on the other hand were sure how it happened. 

wentworth jambo

I'm not religious or a believer but about 7 or 8 years ago, not long after my wife's granny died, my daughter (who was then only about 4 years old) was upstairs in room and we could hear her chatting away to herself. my wife went upstairs and asked her what she was playing and my daughter said "Nothing....I'm just talking to Great Nanny" (as she used to call her)....this threw my wife a bit but she asked her what they were talking about and my daughter said "She was just telling she's happy that she's now with Piggy"....my wife thought nothing of this as it seemed to make no sense. A couple of weeks later, we went to visit the mother in law and my wife mentioned the incident - the mother in law went chalk white - turns out that was my wife's Granny used to call her long departed husband when their kids were small - Piggy and the Piglets kinda thing....she hadn't used it for over 40 years and the mother in law had never mentioned it to the wife, never mind my daughter.

Not enough to make me a believer as I'm more a give me concrete evidence type of guy but definitely some stuff that requires explanation.

AlphonseCapone

I did not say I could tell you what you think. but I can tell you what you typed. Unless what you type is not what you think

Or maybe he didn't type it...spooky!

I once made it back to my own hotel room after a night out in Amsterdam and have no recollection whatsoever of most of the night and how I made it back there....now that's spooky.

Radio Ga Ga

When my nephew was about three, my mum and dad had the old family photo's out going through them with my sister when said nephew pointed at one of the photo's and said that's the man that comes to my room at night and plays with me, it was a photo of my grandad who died a year before he was born...

Archived