Celtic fans' full page ad in Sun Herald

jambovambo

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Really?

"The" Rangers? Newco?

When? Jesus, I wish it was that infrequent.

I thought you meant taking out newspaper adverts, or at least something in the same ballpark. Calling them names hardly compares.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

One thing can't be disputed. The carnage pre and post match will be exactly the same.

Wonder what Rangers 'tit for tat' response will be?

Bryce taking out an ad quoting English clubs and Scots Law from 1905, but omitting key extracts from any publications?

A rousing rendition of the Sash and Derry walls?

Or just kick the crap out of someone wearing green.

Is it wrong to hope for carnage at this fixture so the whole world can see just how scummy both sets of fans are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exactly what I was thinking

within reason obviously

That's a football thing, as stated in my earlier post which you couldn't/didn't answer.

You do what you want. Stick to the Hibs thing of looking at books and accounts, I'll look at football stuff.

As an aside, how did the win at Ibrox against Rangers feel? Did you celebrate the goals from Danny Wilson/Osman Sow like you would any other Ibrox goal? Did you enjoy the singing whilst we were kept in for ten/fifteen mins?

Me? I loved it, I've rarely won in that ground against that team.

"The" Rangers? Sevco? I'll end my post like yours, rofl.

I'm really not focussing on the content of what has been printed. I don't care.

I'm focussing on the sentiment of doing things expressly to get it right up your rivals.

Oh sod this, I'm away to spend some cash phoning up a TV w**k station and get some bird with her chebs out to do a 5-1....

To be fair if the roles were reversed and it had been Hibs liquidated most hearts fans would cream themselves at such an advert being taken out.

Same point goes to others on this thread saying it's pathetic.

It's football, that's what it is. It is one team ramming it up its city rivals.

Spare us the faux indignation

I really wouldn't. There's bragging rights and a bit of 'banter' between rivals and then there's just cringeworthy sadsackery. This is definitely an example of the latter. They just look so pathetic for doing it.

The fact they care enough to do it at all says a lot in the first place. The very fact they've acknowledged the issue gives credence to the position taken by the Rangers fans. If it's not the same club, why even bother mentioning this? If it's not the same club, who are they speaking to? If it's not the same club, does the distinction even matter? The lady doth protest too much, in short.

One thing can't be disputed. The carnage pre and post match will be exactly the same.

Possibly even worse. Has there ever been a period of time when they haven't played each other for so long?

Got to admit - it amuses me to think of the amount of Huns fuming after reading it.

For that reason, I enjoyed it.

Can't see any reason for a Hearts fan to jump to the defence of Rangers, but plenty on this forum seem to do so.

Got to admit - it amuses me to think of the amount of Huns fuming after reading it.

Can't see any reason for a Hearts fan to jump to the defence of Rangers, but plenty on this forum seem to do so.

Is saying that Rangers are probably Rangers considered a defence of Rangers just because it takes the opposing view to that of the Celtic fans?

Malinga the Swinga

Is saying that Rangers are probably Rangers considered a defence of Rangers just because it takes the opposing view to that of the Celtic fans?

No, you can say what you want, but they aren't Rangers, as they died a few years ago. This is a new club who are trying to be like the old one, absorbing all the same bad habits, but they are still a new club.

Rodger Mellie

No, you can say what you want, but they aren't Rangers, as they died a few years ago. This is a new club who are trying to be like the old one, absorbing all the same bad habits, but they are still a new club.

Spot on.

I don't really care one way or another tbh unless they're not trying to use this new/old thing to shirk obligations, debts or liabilities. A club isn't a bit of paper or a legal document anyway though, not to me. Fans are a club.

I very much like that it annoys them to think that other people don't see it that way but if I'm being genuine, that's the way I feel about it. I'll still pretend I don't on the odd occasion just for badness though. That's how football is, I suppose :)

So if Celtic are not recognising the Huns to be the Huns then no doubt only about 10000 of them will turn up as is normally the case for a semi final?

I thought I heard that yesterday. Utterly embarrassing it was, too.

Missed this. What was it that you find "embarrassing"?

And as usual if it doesn't happen in front of the cameras it will barely be reported by the media. 

WOW! 

Cannot believe it was even published given everyone knows what the end product will produce from this. Glasgow the Place to be?

Apparently, according to TSFM, police scotland had no objections and neither did the hearald's legal department, who required evidence to back up it's assertions as it's an advert.

It's been prompted by the continuing pish from regan/doomcaster/sfa/spl/spfl, the orcs and the scottish media that sevco are rangers(except when a fine is due and then they are different clubs).

Good summary of what has happened to the huns. Explains and differentiates fact that the old gers and new gers are 2 separate entities.

This article will not be appreciated by the sympathetic huns on this forum but it is the truth

Accept it

kingantti1874

Good summary of what has happened to the huns. Explains and differentiates fact that the old gers and new gers are 2 separate entities.

This article will not be appreciated by the sympathetic huns on this forum but it is the truth

Accept it

I don't think there are too many sympathisers tbh, there are a few people sick to death hearing about it... Fair game to wind them up about it at games of course but the constant need to drone on about it cheapens it imo..

kingantti1874

Accept it

I don't think there are too many sympathisers tbh, there are a few people sick to death hearing about it... Fair game to wind them up about it at games of course but the constant need to drone on about it cheapens it imo..

The Hooped Demons can go **** themselves.

I see no defence of anyone in that statement.

Good stuff :sunny:

I hope they stuff that new nasty club on Sunday :uhoh2:

We all know Celtic are going to win, but I hope its a least 6/7

So if Celtic are not recognising the Huns to be the Huns then no doubt only about 10000 of them will turn up as is normally the case for a semi final?

Best post on this thread.

Accept it

I don't think anyone disputes they're different legal entities.

It doesn't really matter. Who cares? They're still the same club with the same problems.

The advert is cringeworthy - as are the accusations of 'Hun sympathiser' aimed at anyone pointing out how cringeworthy it is.

scottish_chicP

Whether it's true or not all it has done is fuel what was already going to be a nasty affair. I see nothing but utter carnage next week.

I don't think anyone disputes they're different legal entities.

It doesn't really matter. Who cares? They're still the same club with the same problems.

The advert is cringeworthy - as are the accusations of 'Hun sympathiser' aimed at anyone pointing out how cringeworthy it is.

Don't think the victims mean the advert as a windup.

It is meant to state the facts and take away the myth that the huns are one and the same.

The current huns are new born huns whereas the old huns are dead and gone.

There are the old huns1872 and the new Huns 2012.

Two different clubs

Accept it

Whether it's true or not all it has done is fuel what was already going to be a nasty affair. I see nothing but utter carnage next week.

Hope so. Will have the popcorn out ready for the action.

scottish_chicP

Don't think the victims mean the advert as a windup.

It is meant to state the facts and take away the myth that the huns are one and the same.

The current huns are new born huns whereas the old huns are dead and gone.

There are the old huns1872 and the new Huns 2012.

Two different clubs

Accept it

You don't think it was meant to antagonise and "wind up" the Rangers fans? Really?!

Barney Rubble

Anything that keeps shining a light on the cheating hunnery and sfa complicity pre and post Liquidation is fine by me tbh , don't care whos holding the light!

brunoatemyhamster

Remember how raging they were when Livingston posted a tiny wee article in their programme at the start of the season? :pleased:

Scanners material this though.

I expect an ad on Gumtree, or the Govan Local advertiser putting the record straight    :kirklol:

It's incredibly cringey and petty, and typical of the sort of stunt Thellik fans like to produce from time to time.

...but if it winds those roasters up then good :D

I hate both clubs but I hope Celtic wipe the floor with Rangers which can only help sap their confidence even more for the title run in.

Remnants of Standards

"Carnage" "war" "beatings" "murders".

Rangers and Celtic summed up. Played by bams infront of bammier bams.

I dont understand the Hearts fans who have utter hard ons over the fact they think Rangers are a new club.

I couldn't care less anymore, it's just funny to wind their supporters up.

That ad will no doubt incite more trouble though, it is proper top trolling.

As ever , with the pair of them, the shout is:- "look at these bad people over there and all the bad things they do and say" they are completely symbiotic in nature and action

Celtic donated ?10k to the Ricksen fund this week. Lovely gesture for a good cause and to ease tensions.

This ad cost 4k and will set the media agenda for the coming week.

Sometimes the greatest fans in the world just can't help it and it's just how they like it.

Going racing next Sunday and won't watch a second of the "game the world has been waiting for"

I like being Glaswegian even more now. I wonder if I shout something at a Hearts game you guys cower in fear

Ooh banter.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Missed this. What was it that you find "embarrassing"?

Singing about Rangers when we're playing Falkirk. I didn't think it was that cryptic. 

Celtic donated ?10k to the Ricksen fund this week. Lovely gesture for a good cause and to ease tensions.

And made sure everyone knew about it.

That's the thing though.  Will they?  They're daft, not stupid.  I don't for a second think this will bother them in the slightest.  We on here claim nothing those of a Hibs persuassion say bother us, why will they be any different?  An expensive act of futility if you ask me.

even if it is true:

1) so what?

2) the people placing this ad are literally the saddest, obsessed, no-life anoraks on earth

tartofmidlothian

I don't really care one way or another tbh unless they're not trying to use this new/old thing to shirk obligations, debts or liabilities. A club isn't a bit of paper or a legal document anyway though, not to me. Fans are a club.

I very much like that it annoys them to think that other people don't see it that way but if I'm being genuine, that's the way I feel about it. I'll still pretend I don't on the odd occasion just for badness though. That's how football is, I suppose :)

:spoton:

I think that's probably how even a lot of the evangelical "you let your club die" mob see it too.

even if it is true:

1) so what?

2) the people placing this ad are literally the saddest, obsessed, no-life anoraks on earth

The 'so what' is that there is literally almost nothing other than a mortgage over Ibrox that gets Rangers fans more irate than this issue

If everyone was being entirely honest on this thread - which they are not - but if they were, they would acknowledge that it was Rangers complete and utter over reaction to this issue over the past 3 years that has led to this advert being placed at all.

They only have themselves to blame.

tartofmidlothian

It's incredibly cringey and petty, and typical of the sort of stunt Thellik fans like to produce from time to time.

...but if it winds those roasters up then good :D

I hate both clubs but I hope Celtic wipe the floor with Rangers which can only help sap their confidence even more for the title run in.

Yeah, and this too. It's cringey and petty but it'll wind up the even more cringey and petty element of the Rangers support, so bash on.

Archived