Celtic fans' full page ad in Sun Herald

jambovambo

There must have been a lot of people boycotting the singing of "you let your club die" on the grounds of its sadness and infantility the last time (or should that be the first time?) the Huns visited Tynecastle.

Sounded pretty loud from where I was, though.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
North Berwick Jambo

Don't see anything wrong with the content although It's probably just for the attention of Bryce so he doesn't spam up everybody's forums all week before the game ;)

Unlikely as it is, Celtic losing this game would be the biggest face palm since the Hibees thinking they'd stroll it in the Scottish cup.

Francis Albert

Unlikely as it is, Celtic losing this game would be the biggest face palm since the Hibees thinking they'd stroll it in the Scottish cup.

indeed. It would also keep sevco distracted for another 6 weeks and add to their fixture congestion.

I think this is by far and away the funniest possible outcome especially if it's a dodgy decision that decides it.

If Rangers fail to get promoted so next season no old firm matches then the 'only' match they ever played and Celtic lost. You would have rangers fans still in a state of unrest due to playing in the championship and all the board problems while Celtic fans would be raging at losing to rangers and not getting a chance to avenge it next season.

Regal Kingston

What a load of pish, well mostly anyway.  Such a biased article, trying to make out that any trouble will be caused by only Rangers fans - what a fantasist.

Think the boys sick in the head.

Made a career out of paranoid anti-Rangers rants

That advert is shit stirring in the extreme and looks to be the first stone thrown.

Desperate and irrational stuff from the Celtic fans. Why do they feel the need to convince the rest of the world that Rangers are a new club if they themselves believe it to be true? What difference does it make and does anyone else really care? I know it winds up the Rangers fans but I'm surprised that anyone would go to the lengths of shelling out thousands of pounds on a full page newspaper ad. What's the point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people on here are more than a little naive when they dismiss the advert as simply Celtic fans having a go at their long time enemy, over something that doesn?t impact Hearts.

First and foremost it is aimed at letting our corrupt football authorities know that their actions haven?t gone unnoticed, whereby in recent years they?ve demonstrably proved their partiality to serving one football club exclusively and to the detriment of the other forty one. It also exposes our mainstream media as incapable of reporting simple facts, lest they should offend a large chunk of their target audience, hence the abandonment of words and phrases such as Sevco and new club, only to be replaced by myths of ?exiting liquidation? etc. Imagine the irony of a newspaper having to be paid to print the incontrovertible facts that the newspaper should be reporting as a matter of course!

Not one single journalist thought to ask Neil Doncaster recently how Rangers had managed to be ?relegated down three divisions? in 2012 when there was no mechanism in existence to allow for this, or why Charles Green had to apply to have his new club enter the league setup back then, if they were still the old club as claimed. There are dozens of questions which the media are too afraid to ask, because they know that a truthful answer would kill the club continuity myth stone dead, and this would put them in the cross-hairs of the baying mob, who, courtesy of our inept and corrupt guardians of the game, have been allowed to morph from being the guilty party responsible for this whole debacle into victims who are apparently suffering a witch-hunt against them by Rangers haters.

And for those of you on here who dismiss this whole Rangers saga as having no relevance to our club - think again. If the football authorities had the audacity to gerrymander The Rangers into the top flight (or 2nd top, at worst) in 2012, do you really think it?s beyond them to decree that once any form of Rangers has reached the top flight, they can?t under any circumstances be relegated, due to commercial considerations? That, of course would be fixing, just like the 2012 attempt was. That would potentially affect Hearts league position, prize-money, European qualification etc.

The advert has apparently been checked by legal experts and, unless I've misunderstood, the wording approved by the Advertising Standards Authority. It will be interesting watching ?ra peepul? tying themselves in knots trying to explain how the ASA have got it so spectacularly wrong in this case, yet the ASA was lauded for its previous decision in Rangers favour.

What a cluster[Mod Edit] of an omnishambles! 

I think a lot of people on here are more than a little naive when they dismiss the advert as simply Celtic fans having a go at their long time enemy, over something that doesn?t impact Hearts.

First and foremost it is aimed at letting our corrupt football authorities know that their actions haven?t gone unnoticed, whereby in recent years they?ve demonstrably proved their partiality to serving one football club exclusively and to the detriment of the other forty one. It also exposes our mainstream media as incapable of reporting simple facts, lest they should offend a large chunk of their target audience, hence the abandonment of words and phrases such as Sevco and new club, only to be replaced by myths of ?exiting liquidation? etc. Imagine the irony of a newspaper having to be paid to print the incontrovertible facts that the newspaper should be reporting as a matter of course!

Not one single journalist thought to ask Neil Doncaster recently how Rangers had managed to be ?relegated down three divisions? in 2012 when there was no mechanism in existence to allow for this, or why Charles Green had to apply to have his new club enter the league setup back then, if they were still the old club as claimed. There are dozens of questions which the media are too afraid to ask, because they know that a truthful answer would kill the club continuity myth stone dead, and this would put them in the cross-hairs of the baying mob, who, courtesy of our inept and corrupt guardians of the game, have been allowed to morph from being the guilty party responsible for this whole debacle into victims who are apparently suffering a witch-hunt against them by Rangers haters.

And for those of you on here who dismiss this whole Rangers saga as having no relevance to our club - think again. If the football authorities had the audacity to gerrymander The Rangers into the top flight (or 2nd top, at worst) in 2012, do you really think it?s beyond them to decree that once any form of Rangers has reached the top flight, they can?t under any circumstances be relegated, due to commercial considerations? That, of course would be fixing, just like the 2012 attempt was. That would potentially affect Hearts league position, prize-money, European qualification etc.

The advert has apparently been checked by legal experts and, unless I've misunderstood, the wording approved by the Advertising Standards Authority. It will be interesting watching ?ra peepul? tying themselves in knots trying to explain how the ASA have got it so spectacularly wrong in this case, yet the ASA were lauded for their previous decision being in Rangers favour.

Great post and in total agreement.

The running of scottish football has been corrupt and a shambles for many years, no wonder it has no sponsor.

If sevco fail to get promotion, watch chance "league reconstruction"?????

The advert has apparently been checked by legal experts and, unless I've misunderstood, the wording approved by the Advertising Standards Authority. It will be interesting watching ?ra peepul? tying themselves in knots trying to explain how the ASA have got it so spectacularly wrong in this case, yet the ASA was lauded for its previous decision in Rangers favour.

If they're not the same club then why are you bothering? Surely the best way to express that you consider them a new club is simply to treat them as one.

Yes, the authorities behaved badly but let's not pretend they haven't made decisions purely for the benefit of celtic over the years. The thing that bothers a lot of folk outside the Old Firm bubble is that both clubs are routinely given preferential treatment and/or get away with nonsense that none of the rest of us would.

Plus Celtic are famous for whinging a lot and chucking toys out of the pram if they don't get their own way. It's hard to feel any sympathy. I don't care if this winds up Rangers fans much in the same way I enjoy it when Celtic fans get all stroppy and upset. But don't play the victim, that's just beyond laughable.

Fozzyonthefence

If they're not the same club then why are you bothering? Surely the best way to express that you consider them a new club is simply to treat them as one.

Yes, the authorities behaved badly but let's not pretend they haven't made decisions purely for the benefit of celtic over the years. The thing that bothers a lot of folk outside the Old Firm bubble is that both clubs are routinely given preferential treatment and/or get away with nonsense that none of the rest of us would.

Plus Celtic are famous for whinging a lot and chucking toys out of the pram if they don't get their own way. It's hard to feel any sympathy. I don't care if this winds up Rangers fans much in the same way I enjoy it when Celtic fans get all stroppy and upset. But don't play the victim, that's just beyond laughable.

I think that's exactly what he's saying isn't he?

I think that's exactly what he's saying isn't he?

Acknowledging them at all or directing this message their way suggests different to me. By saying they refuse to acknowledge them in a full page ad, they do actually acknowledge them.

If they aren't Rangers, why go to all this trouble to bam them up? What beef could they possibly have with a club which is only a few years old?

Fozzyonthefence

That's the thing though.  Will they?  They're daft, not stupid.  I don't for a second think this will bother them in the slightest.  We on here claim nothing those of a Hibs persuassion say bother us, why will they be any different?  An expensive act of futility if you ask me.

You're incredibly na?ve if you think that - they'll be raging - look what happened when a couple of clubs printed some facts about the liquidation, etc in their match program.  I think Rangers will be all over this and we might finally get the definitive legal ruling we / they need, rather than either side taking some extracts from the LNS report and ignoring others to suit their agenda.

As for Hibs,  I think a lot of them wanting us dead and the letters to Lithuania ruffled a few feathers here and has changed some of our views on them.

Because, as designed, the myth will become 'fact' if the fallacy remains uncontested. At some point in the future, possibly even years away, I believe the truth will emerge. I would however prefer it to emerge now.

Fozzyonthefence

Acknowledging them at all or directing this message their way suggests different to me. By saying they refuse to acknowledge them in a full page ad, they do actually acknowledge them.

If they aren't Rangers, why go to all this trouble to bam them up? What beef could they possibly have with a club which is only a few years old?

I think you're missing the point - they're acknowledging them as a new club, not the continuance of the old one.  They're effectively saying they haven't won the top league yet and want Celtic to break Oldco's record.  It stands to reason that if you believe them to be a new club you disagree with their claim on the previous titles and presumably this is what irks Celtic fans most.  Surely ignoring them completely could be seen as an acceptance of Newco's claims of same club, etc.

Francis Albert

I've liked quite a lot of Phil's stuff on Sevco but that is poor, The belief that it is only the Scottish media that is bigging up the semi-final is ridiculous - as others have said Celtic fans' demand for tickets is out of proportion to that if any other club were their opponents. The refusal to acknowledge that Celtic were at least if not more enthusiastic about levering the new club into the SPL or failing that Division 1 than the SPL/SFA and other clubs is dishonest. The refusal to accept that one Vladimir Romanov of the "mini-Huns" was the first to speak out clearly against that attempt is, given his audience, cowardly.

Hearts fans pretending that you don't take every opportunity to ram it up your city rivals with "infantile" acts

Ffs we have a book and and an endless thread of people in photographs 'doing a 5-1'. What could be more infantile than that?

Everyone on this thread criticising that page is a hypocrite and a liar.

Rofl

Nail on the head sir.

It stands to reason that if you believe them to be a new club you disagree with their claim on the previous titles and presumably this is what irks Celtic fans most.

Hmm, therein lies the dilemma. New club = upsets Rangers fans, old club = upsets Celtic fans. WATP v GFITW. We've suffered at both their hands in recent times and I think I'll leave them to get on with their petty shite among themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they?ve demonstrably proved their partiality to serving one football club exclusively and to the detriment of the other forty one. 

And for those of you on here who dismiss this whole Rangers saga as having no relevance to our club -

The first sentence says "hiya I'm a Celtic fan, as Celtic fans are the only people who claim that Scottish football has always been run for Rangers benefit only, the rest of us know better.

The second sentence therefore doesn't ring true in the use of the words "our club" in reference to HEarts.

First and foremost it is aimed at letting our corrupt football authorities know that their actions haven?t gone unnoticed, whereby in recent years they?ve demonstrably proved their partiality to serving two football clubs exclusively and to the detriment of the other forty.

FTFY....

Thought id have a gander at jambo reactions to this. Mixed it seems. Personally think it's an absolute joke and total waste of time - shock horror :)

Forget the "debate" for a second. They've spent ?3000 quid to achieve what?

A wind up? I've only seen bears ripping the pish out of it. If there's been one "im raging at this..." type response, I've not seen it.

It won't convince anyone of anything. If you already believe the new club stuff, you still will, and vice versa. Authorities won't give a shit, that's a given.

?3000 quid of their hard-earned, pished down the drain IMHO :D

What a clusterf*ck of an omnishambles! 

:bravo:

Well said.  The only embarrassment or cringe associated with this is the fact that it was someone other than the footballing authorities or our msm that had to write it.

Possible the saddest thing I've ever seen from football fans.

It's close, but for me emailing the English FA over Danny Wilson's participation in the LC Semi is still the winner.

What a clusterf*ck of an omnishambles! 

Best post on this thread by a mile.

The folk bashing the advert because it was written by Celtic fans need to see the bigger picture and cease being so parochial and petty.

Two things I guess-

1- we should always reserve the right to mock and wind each other up- why not , lighten up . That's all it is and humour is not to everyone's liking

2- I think it grossly irresponsible of the press to print it ahead of what is really a powder keg of a fixture, but I guess that we will see how tolerant our Protestant Fundamentalist handle this mocking of their religion.

Personally I think the perfect storm of poor results, financial woes, managerial resignations and constant taunting from other fans has the potential for full scale riots. RESPONSIBLE sets of fans should be appealing for calm and sobriety ahead of this- a full page ad requesting such things would have been time and money better spent frankly.

Aw naw. Just checked the Official SPFL website...

Looks like that ?3000 wasn't a waste of money after all... :sob:

badnews_Copy.png

Can you send me the hyperlink to the Crystal Palace page on that site.

;)

:bravo:

Well said.  The only embarrassment or cringe associated with this is the fact that it was someone other than the footballing authorities or our msm that had to write it.

good point, it is really sad that it takes a bunch of celtic fans paying over 3K to state the truth in the MSM. They are only saying what the vast majority on here and fans of the other 40 clubs have been saying for the last 2-3 years.

Spitonastranger

Aw naw. Just checked the Official SPFL website...

Looks like that ?3000 wasn't a waste of money after all...   :sob:

badnews_Copy.png

Can you tell me why you stood back and let your club die. Thanks

Thought id have a gander at jambo reactions to this. Mixed it seems. Personally think it's an absolute joke and total waste of time - shock horror :)

Forget the "debate" for a second. They've spent ?3000 quid to achieve what?

A wind up? I've only seen bears ripping the pish out of it. If there's been one "im ###### raging at this..." type response, I've not seen it.

It won't convince anyone of anything. If you already believe the new club stuff, you still will, and vice versa. Authorities won't give a shit, that's a given.

?3000 quid of their hard-earned, pished down the drain IMHO :D

Bryce

What are they ripping the pish out of ?

It's easy to dismiss the action of the Celtic fans in a way that rival football fans would. I get that.

I'm assuming they are not ripping the pish out of the facts ?

I find it rather strange that all things Sevco have been going into meltdown whenever smaller clubs have been discussing (heaven forfend , actually printing stuff in match programmes)  the change of name, newco status etc .  Again , you'll know exactly hat I'm talking about so no need to go into the details.

The message is very clear (as you are well aware) - fans are fed up with the bullshit & lies from Doncaster  , fed up with the cowardice of the Glasgow media , and fed up with the bully boy tactics of Sevco and their fans when things are published (which although legally & factually correct) don't fit the continuation narrative.

Laugh all you like , that's your prerogative. It's just a shame you and your ilk weren't laughing a couple of seasons ago when this all started - and maybe we wouldn't be where we are today.

pathetic waste of money. Written by fools to inflame fools. No surprise that the herald was the paper of choice for Celtic support!

happy they did it

makes them fools

on the day of Rickson's charity game as well

probably strengthens Rangers case as well and its a nice incentive to the players to stick it up them

fools

If the advert is untrue i.e. factually incorrect, presumably Bryce9a and his chums will take it up with the ASA.

Sevco fans arent bothered about this

SEVCO FANS ARENT BOTHERED ABOUT THIS

Bryce - seriously do one.

The same fans that gave death threats to Jim Spence for mentioning it in passing, the same fans that have basically forced the sacking/resignation of people at Falkirk and Livingston......

I expect you to be full of shite because you are a hun, but you must think we all zip up the back if you come on here and say oh aye its all water off a ducks back.

Fort Vallance

Going to be a bloodbath next Sunday.

Glasgow jambos stay indoors!

That is unbelievably classless from the Celtic supporters.

Shame on the editors of both papers for publishing it.

It's totally believably classless.

If the advert is untrue i.e. factually incorrect, presumably Bryce9a and his chums will take it up with the ASA.

ASA already ruled we're the same club once. Don't want to get greedy :D 

Rangers are vermin

Celtic are vermin

Anything that winds one lot up, regardless from where or whom it came from, is good.

I hope celtic put 20 past them.

I'd say the exact same if the roles between the teams were reversed.

Yes the huns are a new club. Yes they are the same old huns. Both facts.

Sevco fans arent bothered about this

SEVCO FANS ARENT BOTHERED ABOUT THIS

Bryce - seriously do one.

The same fans that gave death threats to Jim Spence for mentioning it in passing, the same fans that have basically forced the sacking/resignation of people at Falkirk and Livingston......

I expect you to be full of shite because you are a hun, but you must think we all zip up the back if you come on here and say oh aye its all water off a ducks back.

Professional journalists, especially those working for a publicly funded organisation, is one thing. Remember the context of the Editorial Standards Committee bollocking BBC Scotland as well...

But a bunch of celtic fans, extending their obsession to pishing their own cash away? For absolutely nothing? Oh aye, pyoor ragin man... :D

One thing can't be disputed. The carnage pre and post match will be exactly the same.

I'd dispute it, I suspect the carnage will be worse.

I'm really not focussing on the content of what has been printed. I don't care.

I'm focussing on the sentiment of doing things expressly to get it right up your rivals.

Oh sod this, I'm away to spend some cash phoning up a TV w**k station and get some bird with her chebs out to do a 5-1....

So the content doesn't matter, yeah?

Irrespective, the day Hearts fans spend a four figure sum (presumably) on Hibs would be a sad one.

I note you had (still) no comment on some of the things stated, for example the feel of beating Rangers, I'll guess it's because you cannot debunk it.

I would engage you re the Babestation thing, but you'd just ignore it for the third time so I'll not bother. :)

No, you can say what you want, but they aren't Rangers, as they died a few years ago. This is a new club who are trying to be like the old one, absorbing all the same bad habits, but they are still a new club.

Utter nonsense.

I've been to Ibrox, I've watched them play against us, it's Rangers. No matter what you call the official company, it's Rangers.

Pathetic troublemaking

...and let's make no bones about it, this will cause trouble. If Hearts fans signing songs upsets their pond life, I can't imagine how much this will upset them.

Let's be clear, everybody that wants a fight will get one and many others that don't want a fight will too.

Archived