Celtic fans' full page ad in Sun Herald

jambovambo

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup I know. In a cafe. Can't upload a photo and it won't be online.

Full page ad explaining their belief this is the first meeting with the club called The Rangers.

Full page ad explaining their belief this is the first meeting with the club called The Rangers.

Looking to incite trouble? And deny everything, if they succeed.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

So an expensive joke then? Fair enough, what a strange breed they are.

It is....

Regal Kingston

Going to be a bloodbath next Sunday.

Glasgow jambos stay indoors!

That is unbelievably classless from the Celtic supporters.

Shame on the editors of both papers for publishing it.

In my opinion its brilliant well explained and true? Though it has probably ramped up the tension 10 fold and got me interested, but not in the game but what the Neanderthals will do before, during and after the game.......... And my sympathies go out now to any spouses who end up in casualty, or even who will "just get slapped around a bit" because of the extra tension it has caused :(

Supposedly spent ?3000 on it,

It's that the best thing they have time and money to spend on you need to have a look at yourself

Up there with the pen pal division over at Hibs.net

It's that the best thing they have time and money to spend on you need to have a look at yourself

You would think, given all the things the claim to fight for and believe in, they would find better use of the money.

I'm guessing a couple of bright sparks wrote it and 300 or so fired a tenner each at it. That's ok isn't it?

Pathetic.

People wetting themselves over whether or not they're a new entity or not? Who gives a shit.

They're still Rangers.

tartofmidlothian

It's not a brief and concise read, is it?

Says what a lot of people believe and nails the historical whitewashing that some Rangers fans like to go on about too much, justified or not. But it's probably not the time or the place for it with tensions running high.

Good luck, Glasgow.

tartofmidlothian

Both papers?

Sunday Herald and ...?

Think a lot of people are misreading the title as the Sun and the Herald.

To summarise...

Annoy Sellik supporters by referring to 'Old Firm'.

Annoy Rangers supporters by referring to 'Newco'.

Works for me :lol:

tartofmidlothian

To summarise...

Annoy Sellik supporters by referring to 'Old Firm'.

Annoy Rangers supporters by referring to 'Newco'.

Works for me :lol:

:lol:

pathetic waste of money. Written by fools to inflame fools. No surprise that the herald was the paper of choice for Celtic support!

The Old Tolbooth

Is it wrong to hope for carnage at this fixture so the whole world can see just how scummy both sets of fans are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No mention of it on the Bears den yet, doubt the Sunday Herald is too upmarket for them, but it should get interesting when someone tells them.

Update, they have it and seem to be taking it well lol. Maybe they are still hung over ....

Nelly Terraces

pathetic waste of money. Written by fools to inflame fools. No surprise that the herald was the paper of choice for Celtic support!

This. Utter sadly people on both sides.

Is it wrong to hope for carnage at this fixture so the whole world can see just how scummy both sets of fans are?

No, it's not.

tartofmidlothian

Now there's a thought...

All roads lead to Gorgie

For those who don't read the Sun, care to elaborate?

Yup page three is back :sunny: Seriously Celtic fans think they are so special and need to tell all and sundry by all means available.  Just read the thumbnail piece and I tend to agree with most of it, that should fan the flames :2thumbsup:

Infants.

What a horrible lot they are, pity so many of our own do such things.

To be fair if the roles were reversed and it had been Hibs liquidated most hearts fans would cream themselves at such an advert being taken out.

Same point goes to others on this thread saying it's pathetic.

It's football, that's what it is. It is one team ramming it up its city rivals.

Spare us the faux indignation

To be fair if the roles were reversed and it had been Hibs liquidated most hearts fans would cream themselves at such an advert being taken out.

Pish.

There's no way that would happen on here. We're just not bitter about hibs to spend time and actual money with that cringe fest.

Hibs would 100% do it though.

Pathetic.

People wetting themselves over whether or not they're a new entity or not? Who gives a shit.

They're still Rangers.

well you obviously give a shit the number of times you come on here to defend your loyalist cousins. Me, like most football fans know that rangers died and reformed as a new club. Nothing wrong with what the celtic fans have put in that article but seems a daft way to spend money and will ratchet up the animosity for next weekend

well you obviously give a shit the number of times you come on here to defend your loyalist cousins. Me, like most football fans know that rangers died and reformed as a new club. Nothing wrong with what the celtic fans have put in that article but seems a daft way to spend money and will ratchet up the animosity for next weekend

When do I defend Rangers?

You can't just make stuff up.

Shite post mate.

WOW! 

Cannot believe it was even published given everyone knows what the end product will produce from this. Glasgow the Place to be?

I'll gloss over that it has already happened to Hibernian and say that if it happened again and they changed names but still had the same stadium and players I'd still not care. You see, football to me isn't about off field stuff like company formations, standard securities and long leaseholds. Football is on the park for me, if far rather bam up Hibs by victory and ridiculing their inferior efforts at playing football.

All this historic chat about club foundings (prevalent amongst Celtic and Rangers fans for obvious disgusting reasons and the filthy part of our support) bears no significance to me. All this "The" Rangers and newco chat is totally horrendous. I've been there this season and it felt just the same as it did before. Celebrations were as good as they would've been previously. Anybody pretending otherwise is a liar.

If Hibs ever have such an event I would hope we wouldn't be so small time and infantile to place such a ridiculous advert.

See all this Sevco, Newco pish. It was slightly funny at first but grew tiring very quickly.

Rangers are the same scumbag club they always were.

Celtic will always be obsessive, unwashed morons.

That's the bottom line. This isn't classless, funny or anything else other than sheer pettiness.

"People make Glasgow"  is their latest marketing push guess next weekend will tell how that pans out but as if it wasn't going to be carnage before this advert fuels the fire. Best avoid going out in Glasgow next weekend

"People make Glasgow" is their latest marketing push guess next weekend will tell how that pans out but as if it wasn't going to be carnage before this advert fuels the fire. Best avoid going out in Glasgow next weekend

But but but it's a great city with parks and pubs and nobody ever stabs anyone! !!!

tartofmidlothian

"People make Glasgow"  is their latest marketing push guess next weekend will tell how that pans out but as if it wasn't going to be carnage before this advert fuels the fire. Best avoid going out in Glasgow next weekend

"People make Glasgow hell"

(sometimes)

Archived