Boxing and UFC

Masonic

36 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Khan has had his moments in boxing. I don’t even think his chin is as bad as bad as made out. his defence is non existent. He took some shots tonight which would have flattened many fighters. 

I agree with this. How many other top level fighters do you see taking the punches he takes?

Compared to elite level guys like Mayweather or Crawford, his defence his amateur level.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Conor Benn?

Middleweight is too big a jump for brook 

I agree. He should retire but a couple of million might be worth it. 

11 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Conor Benn?

Middleweight is too big a jump for brook 

Doubt Brook is coming down from 147lb. Would have to be at catchweight. Think brook probably walks around 165lb

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Doubt Brook is coming down from 147lb. Would have to be at catchweight. Think brook probably walks around 165lb

Yeah that's true on the weight down to Benn.

I just don't think his punch resistance especially the eye sockets could make the jump to middleweight and a puncher like Eubank.

As Des says, he'd he better retiring with his health and wealth 

9 hours ago, Costanza said:

Yeah that's true on the weight down to Benn.

I just don't think his punch resistance especially the eye sockets could make the jump to middleweight and a puncher like Eubank.

As Des says, he'd he better retiring with his health and wealth 

Would agree. But as he said in his interview he is a prize fighter and if the money is right I think he takes it. Trying to stir up an imaginary beef was Eubank saying brook stole the GGG fight from him. Bullshit, Eubank bottled it.

He is a snake oil salesman. He knows brook at this stage of his career is vulnerable  with two eye socket injuries. But at the same time will want a big pay day and maybe one last shot a glory. 

If it happens I hope Brook upsets the apple cart. Have gained a lot of respect for him through this Kahn saga and coming back from those injuries. Not many would. 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Would agree. But as he said in his interview he is a prize fighter and if the money is right I think he takes it. Trying to stir up an imaginary beef was Eubank saying brook stole the GGG fight from him. Bullshit, Eubank bottled it.

He is a snake oil salesman. He knows brook at this stage of his career is vulnerable  with two eye socket injuries. But at the same time will want a big pay day and maybe one last shot a glory. 

If it happens I hope Brook upsets the apple cart. Have gained a lot of respect for him through this Kahn saga and coming back from those injuries. Not many would. 

Didn't know Eubank Jnr claimed Brook stole the GGG stole fight, he's having a laugh there.

For a guy that got schooled by Groves, he would have had zero chance back then.

Eubank has improved since then and has a great chin like his father but he's nowhere elite level.

Still, he'll make plenty money.

13 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Yeah these guys are always looking for an opportunity to make money but i just wanted him to stfu 🤣

Really enjoyed that fight and it lived up to expectations.

Likewise and likewise on Eubank Jr being a fud!!!

Brooks looked good there even allowing for Khans 

Phil Foden was watching the fight with his mum and was getting dogs from some skanks his mum stepped in……one of them skelped her…….36-A882-F8-89-E1-485-C-8-DEE-84-A4325-D5

1 hour ago, Angel eyes said:

Phil Foden was watching the fight with his mum and was getting dogs from some skanks his mum stepped in……one of them skelped her…….36-A882-F8-89-E1-485-C-8-DEE-84-A4325-D5

Edited by John Findlay

Anyone else through at the Hydro tomorrow? Really looking forward to it, not been to live boxing since Taylor won the super series final

Think Taylor will dispatch Catterall fairly easily, too big a step up for Caterall with him not really having fought anyone above British level

Undercard has some interesting fights with Eric Donovan facing 2 time olympic gold winner Ramirez and and rarely seen scottish heavyweight title fight plus a couple of interesting pro debuts

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Josh Taylor will win this within 6 rounds. I have £100 wagered not even a betting man. 

Agreed, Caterall just half heartedly tried grabbing taylor by the throat after the weigh in, Taylor just about crushed his windpipe in response

5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Josh Taylor will win this within 6 rounds. I have £100 wagered not even a betting man. 

Hope so, this lad is dangerous, but I think JT has to much experience. The other lad will be an all time great,(JT is all ready)when he grows up.

Edited by ri Alban

Punks No Deid

Johnny Nelson n a few pundits are pushing the Josh is drawn n struggling for weight. IMO Josh is fine but should deal with this to defend his undisputed title but then look at stepping up 🥊

13 hours ago, Punks No Deid said:

Johnny Nelson n a few pundits are pushing the Josh is drawn n struggling for weight. IMO Josh is fine but should deal with this to defend his undisputed title but then look at stepping up 🥊

usual sky trying to make the fight look close josh is 1/10 for a reason

Cain Velasquez arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. (shooting)

Edited by ri Alban

On 01/03/2022 at 17:53, ri Alban said:

Cain Velasquez arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. (shooting)

interesting to see what happens with this

Unknown user
2 hours ago, jambosean75 said:

Hope masvidal smashes covingtons face in

He's an insufferable teat isn't he?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Masonic said:

lets go colby!

street judas journey man masvidal boutta get tapped out

Colby "the ****" Covington, MAGA prick

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Colby "the ****" Covington, MAGA prick

He's quite funny and can fight. The other guy is fecking imposter.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He's quite funny and can fight. The other guy is fecking imposter.

I get that, he got an inflated rep from Askren but Coby's just such a tosspot

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I get that, he got an inflated rep from Askren but Coby's just such a tosspot

He's just making money, bud. That whole Maga thing is wind up.

Unknown user
Just now, ri Alban said:

He's just making money, bud. That whole Maga thing is wind up.

Aye of course, although he says it's him letting his opinions out.

He's winning this, although he is sticking his chin out a bit standing up

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye of course, although he says it's him letting his opinions out.

He's winning this, although he is sticking his chin out a bit standing up

Too easy. Jorge can fight, but too one dimensional.

Unknown user
Just now, ri Alban said:

Too easy. Jorge can fight, but too one dimensional.

Yeah, when you can't let the other guy get too close you're running uphill

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, when you can't let the other guy get too close you're running uphill

It must be torture in there when Boxing and Kicking is taken away from you. Heart sinking shite.

how good was the ufc last night danas saying hel come back to the uk this year because it was such a success would be good if its glasgow

I’m a recent novice to ufc but I’ve been watching paddy pimletts press conferences and his post fight stuff Saturday, he comes across as a really good lad who understands how he can help people from the position he’s in. Got a soft spot for scousers so both he and molly McCann seem like relatable people and so down to earth

Unknown user
4 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

I’m a recent novice to ufc but I’ve been watching paddy pimletts press conferences and his post fight stuff Saturday, he comes across as a really good lad who understands how he can help people from the position he’s in. Got a soft spot for scousers so both he and molly McCann seem like relatable people and so down to earth

I think he's a smug prick, but to be fair, most of them are. It's probably the Scouse thing, or maybe just that they never did make a third season of Inbetweeners.

How Michael Bisping stayed in the UFC so long, I'll never know. Well I do, Dana White made it happen. He's the worst fighter to ever fight so long for the UFC. Umpteen loses given as wins. I can't stand the prick and now we have to suffer his commentary.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

How Michael Bisping stayed in the UFC so long, I'll never know. Well I do, Dana White made it happen. He's the worst fighter to ever fight so long for the UFC. Umpteen loses given as wins. I can't stand the prick and now we have to suffer his commentary.

If it wasn't for Bisping I wouldn't have had an interest in mma. Prior to him winning the ultimate fighter, I had no understanding of the all the ground game stuff. After he got his head sent to outer space by Dan Henderson, he became a much smarter fighter. I agree, a few of wins were questionable however he's still a legend in my book. 

On 23/03/2022 at 07:11, fast_blood said:

If it wasn't for Bisping I wouldn't have had an interest in mma. Prior to him winning the ultimate fighter, I had no understanding of the all the ground game stuff. After he got his head sent to outer space by Dan Henderson, he became a much smarter fighter. I agree, a few of wins were questionable however he's still a legend in my book. 

crazy to think the commision never knew about his eye all those years

• 3 weeks later...

plenty good fights on tonight in the ufc i wouldnt be betting some of the favourties at such short prices tonight when the fights are much closer than the odds

Just seen the GGG fight on catch up as couldn’t watch live. He started off sketchy but moved up a level come the 6th round. Really hope the Canelo fight happens but he will need to come out all guns from the start. He clearly still has the engine for it imo