Boxing and UFC

Masonic

Got tickets for the glasgow event on Saturday, also heading through on the Friday for the weigh ins and Q&A with Cub Swanson, Clay Guida and Joanna Je (JJ the champ :)

Wonder if theres a very slight possibility of Conor showing up to support Paddy Holohan in his fight...you never know

Shame Bec Rawlings pulled out her fight, was not a fan of hers and wanted to see her get smashed

Either way with this being the UFC first visit to Scotland Im hoping the crowd are up for it and make more noise than the Irish 

mine still not here and im getting paranoid the people on phone said if they dont arrive because i paid insurance i can pick up from event on the day of the fight just hoping they arrive tbh cant be bothered with all the not knowing and guessing

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rory Macdonald only got $59k for his fight with Lawler.The state of his face it looks like it will cost $59k just to fix that nose.

Do UFC pick up the medical bills for fighters ?

UFC have medical insurance in place for fighters, I believe. They have set-up a sports centre as well which includes medical provision now for sports injuries and the likes. Though I suspect lower card fighters might not get the same care as the upper end guys.

However, all fighters get medical insurance.

Also fairly sure macdonald is on ppv points. Which is where they gain money.

McGregor estimated PPV points, I think, is about $3.5M. Much more than his show money of $500k. They tend to reward their draws.

UFC is also notorious for giving non disclosed bonus for performance. Essentially based on performance at fights.

On a side note in main I think these guys are underpaid, when essentially putting life/long term health on line. Though I'm sure the same descrepencies are their with boxing. May weather is very much the exception.

ye they started paying medical bills bout a year or 2 ago

Just read they all got a nice wee chunk from Reebok as well with Lawler getting the most with $40k and Connor ?30k

Brendan Schuab was saying on fighter and kid podcast mcgregors knee is in bad shape before fight mcl issues and no way he should have fought.

Suggesting he will be straight away for op after fight.

Not sure how accurate it is but ties in with Connors own comments and a few other suggesting similar.

Great podcast. Schaub and Callan were on the last Joe Rogan podcast too.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

froch retired think thats best for him because golovkin would have buried him early GGG is an animal

If Martin Murray can go 11 rounds with GGG there is no way Froch would be buried early.

If Martin Murray can go 11 rounds with GGG there is no way Froch would be buried early.

he was trying to get some rounds in like what he done to munroe jr in his words "big drama show for the fans"

What time is the first fight expected at UFC Glasgow ?

Doors open at 2pm so 3pm fight time ?

Ufc website suggests 3pm is when the fight pass prelims start.

Cheers thought it would be around about then.

Frank Mir rolling back the years again with a massive KO of Todd Duffie.

Was a beauty. The way they were going at it it could have been any of the 2 getting KO.

Edited by Eddie

Was a beauty. The way they were going at it it could have been any of the 2 getting KO.

Like what Frank said "when I have been knocked out it's when I have started slow".No point in letting big punchers just come forward a d hit you better to take it to them and hope you can bang them first and that's just what he done.Two good performances in a row now from Mir.

im goin an hour earlier have to pick up damn tickets from the hydro because the postman fails at life lmao

mir fight was good tony ferguson will be top 5 real soon thought he would choke the boy out but he won clear on decision 

mir fight was good tony ferguson will be top 5 real soon thought he would choke the boy out but he won clear on decision

Been impressed by Ferguson every time I have seen him.Kevin Lee also looks like he is going to go far,5 submissions in a row for him now.

Been impressed by Ferguson every time I have seen him.Kevin Lee also looks like he is going to go far,5 submissions in a row for him now.

lees still got plenty time to develop hes still very young

lees still got plenty time to develop hes still very young

Aye only 23 and he is still to fight top 10 but he has looked very impressive every time I have watched him.

Wins predicted in the media for the 3 Scottish fighters tonorrow but Caldderwoods being the toughest to call.I didn't realise if she had won her last fight we could have been watching her fight the polish lass for the title in Glasgow.Seeing the polish girls last two fights though it's probably best not to be fighting her.

Aye only 23 and he is still to fight top 10 but he has looked very impressive every time I have watched him.

Wins predicted in the media for the 3 Scottish fighters tonorrow but Caldderwoods being the toughest to call.I didn't realise if she had won her last fight we could have been watching her fight the polish lass for the title in Glasgow.Seeing the polish girls last two fights though it's probably best not to be fighting her.

all the bets tomoro are dodgy imo so many different ways all the fights can go ye lee is always short odds he is highly thought of and ye i wish it was joanna champ v jojo calderwood too but still its a strong card

Jambo Hud316

I went to the weigh ins, was really good seeing the Q&A, the weigh ins and then getting photo opportunities and chance to meet Guida, Swanson and Joanna Jedrzejczyk who had her UFC belt with her

I managed to get a stare down pic with JJ

Even yesterday was briliant, had cracking seats and enjoyed the fights.

These sort of events can often attract the a-holes of society but thankfully I had a decent crowd around me and most people we spoke to going through on the train seemed to be buzzing with excitement more than anything else.

Good to see all the Scots win and no sure what fight the judges were watching in the Bisping fight as I had him winning 1 round at most.

I then banged into JJ again outside glasgow central after the event (no stalking her, honest lol)

Defo recommend going to a UFC event, can only imagine what the Dublin event will be like if Conor does fight on it

Had a great day last two fights I was starting to feel a bit fatigued long day and the last two fights were poor.Scottish fighters did not disappoint and I like the look of Duffy as well.Was a bit of fisticuffs in the crowd were I was basically had a square go on the platform just above us.Usual ******* started chucking drink near the end as well but for the size of the event you come to expect a little bit from arseholes.Had one guy behind me who must have missed about 5 fights the amount of time it was taking him to get to the bar and back.

Never actually seen a UFC event so full for the prelims either.Always looks about half full at most on the TV.

I went to the weigh ins, was really good seeing the Q&A, the weigh ins and then getting photo opportunities and chance to meet Guida, Swanson and Joanna Jedrzejczyk who had her UFC belt with her

I managed to get a stare down pic with JJ

Even yesterday was briliant, had cracking seats and enjoyed the fights.

These sort of events can often attract the a-holes of society but thankfully I had a decent crowd around me and most people we spoke to going through on the train seemed to be buzzing with excitement more than anything else.

Good to see all the Scots win and no sure what fight the judges were watching in the Bisping fight as I had him winning 1 round at most.

I then banged into JJ again outside glasgow central after the event (no stalking her, honest lol)

Defo recommend going to a UFC event, can only imagine what the Dublin event will be like if Conor does fight on it

I thought the same with Bisping and as for Ross Pearson he has never improved since the Ultimate Fighter so one dimensional basically has to fight someone that will stand in the pocket with him to let him get shots off,did do well to get out of that arm bar though.

Watched it all on the BT sport app. Overall really good event.

The Bisping fight was a tough one to call. The mates I watched with haven't watched ufc for too long and all said Leites won comfortably, I wasn't too sure though.

If you have a look at the mma sites which score fights, 16 out of 17 scored it for Bisping.

It'll be interesting to see who the Scottish fighters get matched up with next.

indianajones

Watched it all on the BT sport app. Overall really good event.

The Bisping fight was a tough one to call. The mates I watched with haven't watched ufc for too long and all said Leites won comfortably, I wasn't too sure though.

If you have a look at the mma sites which score fights, 16 out of 17 scored it for Bisping.

It'll be interesting to see who the Scottish fighters get matched up with next.

I was surprised Bisping took it too. Thought Leites was the aggressor and better fighter.

Had a great day last two fights I was starting to feel a bit fatigued long day and the last two fights were poor.Scottish fighters did not disappoint and I like the look of Duffy as well.Was a bit of fisticuffs in the crowd were I was basically had a square go on the platform just above us.Usual ******* started chucking drink near the end as well but for the size of the event you come to expect a little bit from arseholes.Had one guy behind me who must have missed about 5 fights the amount of time it was taking him to get to the bar and back.

that was my mate i think bro grey hoody ginger hair? and the fighting was someone stuck the head on me and ran away lmao i have black eye but i didnt snitch or retaliate as it happened so fast straight after main event. wound up singing all the way down high street we won the league we won the league

that was my mate i think bro grey hoody ginger hair? and the fighting was someone stuck the head on me and ran away lmao i have black eye but i didnt snitch or retaliate as it happened so fast straight after main event. wound up singing all the way down high street we won the league we won the league

Nah mate this was just after Calderwood fight was a boy in a white shirt who started on this group of guys said that he had spilt his drink.Were arguing for a good few mins and then had a wee dash on the platform above us.Boy(wee short guy) he was fighting with was ginger though but after the bigger guy in the white shirt seen he wasn't getting the better of him he left with his bird.My end up on YouTube though as folk were filming it. Edited by vegas-voss

Nah mate this was just after Calderwood fight was a boy in a white shirt who started on this group of guys said that he had spilt his drink.Were arguing for a good few mins and then had a wee dash on the platform above us.Boy(wee short guy) he was fighting with was ginger though but after the bigger guy in the white shirt seen he wasn't getting the better of him he left with his bird.My end up on YouTube though as folk were filming it.

lol ok well i took a cheapshot from some nutjob as well and when i didnt crumble he ran away total weirdo man but im glad in a way it didnt go any further as i have career to think about and have to be responsible in those kind of situations

lol ok well i took a cheapshot from some nutjob as well and when i didnt crumble he ran away total weirdo man but im glad in a way it didnt go any further as i have career to think about and have to be responsible in those kind of situations

Yeah you don't want to get in shit because of some ****ing tool even if you wanted to bang him back.So easy to get caught up in that shit though,our Hotel was right next to the Hydro so we missed out on any madness.

Yeah you don't want to get in shit because of some ******* tool even if you wanted to bang him back.So easy to get caught up in that shit though,our Hotel was right next to the Hydro so we missed out on any madness.

100% mate did u c fighter and the kid on jre for mcgregor fight?

100% mate did u c fighter and the kid on jre for mcgregor fight?

Don't take offence mate but I have no idea what that post means.

fighter and the kid is a podcast/show with schaub and bryan callen they took the seat for the joe rogan experience podcast that night because rogan was working at ufc its great to watch the emotions through the fight they swing from one side to the other lol

He's referring to fight companion podcast on fighter and the kid. Joe rogan usually do but as he was commentating fighter and kid picked up baton so to speak.

I was a bit disappointed last night. The fights weren't great, albeit the home fighters put on a good show. The calderwood fight was probably best fight on card.

Bisping I felt got result due to home judges.

There was an exceptionally high levels of arseholes in crowd. Witnessed the odd scuffle in addition to the usual arses trying to cause trouble and that was just the women.

Much higher level of arses than boxing I felt. Only comparable to the darts imo. Though as everything like these very mixed crowd.

Was speaking to a couple who were out for mcgregor Vegas. Said, understandably, night and day in terms of atmosphere. However, they also said compared to Dublin it wasn't great. Will try and get across for Dublin to see for myself. Whilst fingers crossed picking up Vegas card later this year.

I like the look of Duffy and think he could make a bit of a splash in tough division. Whilst, it's early days his stand-up looked very crisp to me. Whilst, great submission against a expert in that area.

It's funny how constantly referred to last man to beat Connor.

Also Bruce buffer is awesome.

Yeah a lot of the fights were pretty much one sided affairs no real back and forth battles and I also thought the Calderwood fight was the best.

I am making it my mission to go to a Vegas card when the new 80k(obviously it will only be used for mega UFC cards)venue opens up.Been to Vegas 5 times and twice I have missed the UFC date by one week as I have always booked about 9 months in advance.

fighter and the kid is a podcast/show with schaub and bryan callen they took the seat for the joe rogan experience podcast that night because rogan was working at ufc its great to watch the emotions through the fight they swing from one side to the other lol

Sorry never got back to reply to this earlier phone fuccked up and wouldn't let me reply.Anyway never seen the podcast,used to watch the Joe Rogan podcasts a few years ago but stopped watching for some reason.

Sorry never got back to reply to this earlier phone fuccked up and wouldn't let me reply.Anyway never seen the podcast,used to watch the Joe Rogan podcasts a few years ago but stopped watching for some reason.

no worries i stopped watching it too because he was always talking about supplements and dmt and im not into anything like that the fight companion podcasts are a lot better as its mostly about the ufc

$50k bonus for Calderwood(fight of the night) and Ray(tko) and Duffy obviously got $50k as he had the only submission.That must be great money for these guys who of course will also get their appearance fee and Reebok fee money as well.

Fedor is apparently going to make a comeback.

Meh

Probably end up at bellator fighting kimbo or something like that.

his coach says he is open to ufc and he is looking for the biggest payday only thing that could keep him from signing is his strong relationship with bellator president scott coker

Dillashaw is very impressive.Barao is finished at that weight imo he needs to move up I think the cut is just too much for him now,he has been well beaten twiice now by the far more energetic Dillashaw.

Pity Dillashaw ain't got the Connor mouth on him as he is a far better overall fighter than Connor and deserves the big pay days Connor gets.

Edited by vegas-voss

Is Dillashaw v Connor feasible or is Connor just too big for him?

They are different weights mate and I wasn't really thinking about the two ever fighting.I just think as a fighter Dillashaw is far more impressive than Connor and therefore deserves the big pay days like Connor but I doubt that will ever happen.

They are different weights mate and I wasn't really thinking about the two ever fighting.I just think as a fighter Dillashaw is far more impressive than Connor and therefore deserves the big pay days like Connor but I doubt that will ever happen.

Are they not just one weight apart?

Are they not just one weight apart?

Yes but Connor already is having to severely cut weight just now so couldn't ever come down and Dillashaw looks perfect at the weight he is at.

Does anyone know if it is the individual fighters choice which country they 'represent' on the new reebok fight gear?

I noticed at fight night Scotland that The count had GBR on his gear as did Pearson. Yet the Scottish fighters had SCO and Leon Edwards had ENG