Masonic

Boxing and UFC

Masonic

think cain wins the main of 188 within 2 rds

fast_blood

think cain wins the main of 188 within 2 rds

I hope he does but he's not fought in almost forever so could go either way.

vegas-voss

That Cain v Verdum fight reminded me a lot of Tyson v Buster Douglas.

Cain went in totally unprepared and gave Verdum no respect and Verdum done the business.Even before a punch landed on Cain I thought the looked wobbly and a rookie mistake(or desperation) at the end to spear himself into Verdum and get his kneck take.Gods performance by Verdum but very bad by Cain.

That Yair looks a prospect though very exciting fight his was but overall I thought it was quite a poor night last week's Fight Night was better.

Masonic

bad night on the betting last night liked Melendez and cain :( boxing was ok i suppose first haskins on channel 5 then wilder decent KO walters won as expected as well but i never seen the fight  

Masonic

only 3 times in over 100 ufcs have i had to look away when anderson broke his leg, when hall ko the dude on tuf and he was getting oxygen and when mir broke nogs arm and add to that the joanna champion fight in berlin the other girls face was carved up unreal blood everywhere holy sht 

vegas-voss

only 3 times in over 100 ufcs have i had to look away when anderson broke his leg, when hall ko the dude on tuf and he was getting oxygen and when mir broke nogs arm and add to that the joanna champion fight in berlin the other girls face was carved up unreal blood everywhere holy sht

I think she has the best striking in the whole of mma including the men.She is just so technically good, like a female Condit.I was shouting at the tv wanting the ref to stop it earlier.

fast_blood

I think she has the best striking in the whole of mma including the men.She is just so technically good, like a female Condit.I was shouting at the tv wanting the ref to stop it earlier.

She's a killer like. Brutal but so clinical with it.

Masonic

give me a heads up when u guys ufc glasgow tickets arrive still waiting on mine and i paid extra for fast postage and insurance

Lord BJ

give me a heads up when u guys ufc glasgow tickets arrive still waiting on mine and i paid extra for fast postage and insurance

Got mine over week ago.

vegas-voss

I printed mine off

Masonic

will give it another week then and if nothing il give them a call still almost 4 weeks until the event so not sweating too hard yet

Masonic

sky doin an al haymon tonight and puting on a card on a fri night only one competitive fight on the card tho the other 4 fights should be early kos

vegas-voss

sky doin an al haymon tonight and puting on a card on a fri night only one competitive fight on the card tho the other 4 fights should be early kos

This on Pick tv again ?

And have they now got all the Fight Night ones.It's shit on that channel not even in HD.I really hope Sky don't end up getting their hands on the big UFC nights.

Masonic

This on Pick tv again ?

And have they now got all the Fight Night ones.It's shit on that channel not even in HD.I really hope Sky don't end up getting their hands on the big UFC nights.

skysports its boxing tonight mate and no pick tv only gets the ones that are not live so basically anything thats in europe will be on pick tv because the card is on before watershed which is 21.00 gmt in uk all brazil canadian usa cards bt still have

vegas-voss

skysports its boxing tonight mate and no pick tv only gets the ones that are not live so basically anything thats in europe will be on pick tv because the card is on before watershed which is 21.00 gmt in uk all brazil canadian usa cards bt still have

Cheers mate got myself all confused.

Masonic

machida tonight on bt prelims start at 1 main card at 3

vegas-voss

Machida is finished at the elite level he just can't handle these guys power anymore.As soon as it goes to the floor he is finished.

Nice roundhouse kick finish by Santos in his fight though.Overall poor card though imo.

Only two week to Aldo(or Mendes if Aldo does not make it) v Connor and Lawler v MacDonald.Then next again week Ufc Glasgow can't wait.

Masonic

Machida is finished at the elite level he just can't handle these guys power anymore.As soon as it goes to the floor he is finished.

Nice roundhouse kick finish by Santos in his fight though.Overall poor card though imo.

Only two week to Aldo(or Mendes if Aldo does not make it) v Connor and Lawler v MacDonald.Then next again week Ufc Glasgow can't wait.

aye apart from the couple kos nothin too spectacular the timothy bradley fight was controversial if anyone seen it lol the ref stopped the fight 10 seconds early when bradley was about to be KO after wooping vargas for almost the whole fight the ref thought the 10 second warning was the bell for end of the fight

jambo-fletch

Was at an MMA event in Milton keynes Saturday watching a friend fight. Met Dan Hardy there, he like a really down to earth guy!

Rastajambo

i have a spare ticket for the UFC Glasgow if anyone interested.  Selling it at face value.   Cant wait for the event, should be good :D

Masonic

i have a spare ticket for the UFC Glasgow if anyone interested.  Selling it at face value.   Cant wait for the event, should be good :D

im still waiting on mine arriving waiting another week before phoning ticketmaster i paid insurance anyways so they will have to post out new ones if the originals dont arrive

Lord BJ

Well aldo is out so mcgregor v mendes.

I suspect mendes will try to take him down at every opportunity. I hope mcgregor sparks him out cold.

Then we get mcgregor v also.

Masonic

lol dana biting his nails now praying that i dont take any vacations to usa and get ronda prego 

vegas-voss

Well aldo is out so mcgregor v mendes.

I suspect mendes will try to take him down at every opportunity. I hope mcgregor sparks him out cold.

Then we get mcgregor v also.

That him def out heard it was only slight bruising to the rib on Saturday.Still think it will be a very tough fight with Mini Mendes(as Connor calls him) though.

Masonic

mendes has better chance than aldo tbh but still think conor wins by stoppage

vegas-voss

mendes has better chance than aldo tbh but still think conor wins by stoppage

I always have my doubts before people have been taken deep in fights.Sure Connor has looked impressive but until he has really been tested I will always have doubts.

Masonic

I always have my doubts before people have been taken deep in fights.Sure Connor has looked impressive but until he has really been tested I will always have doubts.

having looked at recent champs hardly any of them have defended it more than 5 times even if conor wins title i doubt he will run the division for a decade or something like what some of the fans who have bought into the hype might think all it takes is one submission or clean strike and the fights over at the top level some rookie fans forget that

vegas-voss

having looked at recent champs hardly any of them have defended it more than 5 times even if conor wins title i doubt he will run the division for a decade or something like what some of the fans who have bought into the hype might think all it takes is one submission or clean strike and the fights over at the top level some rookie fans forget that

That's another thing with him he leaves his chin out there too be hit.Yes he has looked elusive but as you said it only takes that one hit and Mendes can bang but of course so can Connor.Really looking forward to this match up.a one thing I def think even if the injury is really bad for Aldo,Conner def got into that guys mind. Edited by vegas-voss

Lord BJ

McGregor 'allegedly' needs to drop 28-30lbs before fight on sat!!!

Even by weight cutting standards that's a huge amount. It's not that I think he won't do it, I have little doubt he will make weight. However, stepping in sat he should be massive compared to mendes.

That combined with his reach and length, think gives him 'potentially' a very big advantage.

Sten Guns

Hope Conar knocks him out.

Is it on BT Sport?

Lord BJ

It is on BT sport.

You a dad yet?

Sten Guns

It is on BT sport.

You a dad yet?

Not yet mate. 71 days to go...... :lol:

Masonic

weigh ins live on bt first time ever normal i watch on utube so will be nice to watch on tv "clean off at the head" "GOAT" "macmansion"

mini mendes knows mcgregoat wins by KO early doors

Lord BJ

The biggest weigh-in ufc history. So big having in the arena as opposed to function room,

Numbers are through the roof already for this.

The ufc must be desperate for mcgregor win. He is a huge cash cow particularly when you consider, historically lower weight classes struggle for numbers in past.

He also allegedly want to bet his PPV cut on his victory with ufc.

Edited by Lord BJ

vegas-voss

Connor looks like he has to starve himself to make weight his face is so gaunt.Mendes looks like he just walks around at that weight.

vegas-voss

The biggest weigh-in ufc history. So big having in the arena as opposed to function room,

Numbers are through the roof already for this.

The ufc must be desperate for mcgregor win. He is a huge cash cow particularly when you consider, historically lower weight classes struggle for numbers in past.

He also allegedly want to bet his PPV cut on his victory with ufc.

Read the other week that despite being ranked the pound for pound best that Aldo is the poorest drawing Champion in Ufc history.So yeah Dana must be desperate for Connor to win but even Mendes would sell far more than Aldo.

Lord BJ

Connor looks like he has to starve himself to make weight his face is so gaunt.Mendes looks like he just walks around at that weight.

Yeah I agree. A lot more than starving himself, he will, have have dehydrated amongst a few other things. Crazy what put body through.

Will be interesting to see if advantage for either one.

McGregor will be massive tomorrow in comparison. Wouldn't surprise me if had 20lbs by time step in tomorrow.

Did the crowd through something at mendes?

Also I suspect mcgrego right won't/can't hang about that weight much longer. I think if gets belt he probably fights Aldo next and if wins both. Will vacate belt and jump straight in for a tune up fight at lw and then title. Obviously based on principal he wins his fights.

Lawler v macdonald should be a good match up as well. Though can't see past macdonald as think he will be more aggressive than first time met.

vegas-voss

Yeah I agree. A lot more than starving himself, he will, have have dehydrated amongst a few other things. Crazy what put body through.

Will be interesting to see if advantage for either one.

McGregor will be massive tomorrow in comparison. Wouldn't surprise me if had 20lbs by time step in tomorrow.

Did the crowd through something at mendes?

Also I suspect mcgrego right won't/can't hang about that weight much longer. I think if gets belt he probably fights Aldo next and if wins both. Will vacate belt and jump straight in for a tune up fight at lw and then title. Obviously based on principal he wins his fights.

Lawler v macdonald should be a good match up as well. Though can't see past macdonald as think he will be more aggressive than first time met.

Rory always looks a complete psycho to me.If he wasn't doing mmma he would be chopping folk up and storing them in the fridge.

Masonic

conors face was grey and sucked in at the cheeks like a jakeball that weight cut looks like it took its toll on him interesting he came in at 145 he could have came in at 146

Lord BJ

conors face was grey and sucked in at the cheeks like a jakeball that weight cut looks like it took its toll on him interesting he came in at 145 he could have came in at 146

Championship fights you need to be on weight, the pound over is done away with.

Assume rule in effect as interim belt.

cosanostra

Heard on Joe Rogan podcast that they need to actually come in on weight now.

Conor looks emaciated.  He'll be properly hydrated and weight heavier tomorrow though. He's going to destroy Mendes I think.

Lord BJ

Heard on Joe Rogan podcast that they need to actually come in on weight now.

Pretty sure only title fights need to be on weight as thatch, brown, Garcia and a number others yesterday were all the pound over at weigh in yesterday.

Masonic

only for title fights u need be bang on weight for interim im sure 1 lb over is ok

vegas-voss

Watching the weigh in last night even the pre lims look like some quality fights.

Sten Guns

Would love to know what Conor weighs on fight night.

Reckon he belongs at 155 in the not too distant future.

Tonight is undoubtedly his toughest fight to date. Can't wait. Really hope he gets the victory in style.

Ivan Drago

What times the McGregor fight and where can you watch it?

Meestah Sahmon

BT Sport. Will be fairly late in the morning by the time the McGregor fight is on. I'll be getting up around 2am.

vegas-voss

Would love to know what Conor weighs on fight night.

Reckon he belongs at 155 in the not too distant future.

Tonight is undoubtedly his toughest fight to date. Can't wait. Really hope he gets the victory in style.

Think he has said himself he wants to clear out the division and then move up.