Masonic

Boxing and UFC

Machiavelli

Ufc are coming to Glasgow! Should be a good opportunity for some local fighters to get signed to the big show!

Eddie

An event I would like to go to however the prices they charge are astronomical so it'll be the telly or me.

vegas-voss

An event I would like to go to however the prices they charge are astronomical so it'll be the telly or me.

Is it that dear for an 8 fight card ?

Always wanted to go but it's never been on in Vegas when I have been so I will be trying for tickets for this.Already booked a hotel for the night.

vegas-voss

Rumble Johnson is unreal.The power that guy possesses is incredible,I think John Jones has a serious threat to his belt.

Masonic

anderson by tko round one

Lord BJ

Can't see any other result than silva destroying Diaz. Think it might be similar to the silva v Forrest fight.

Was looking forward to the woodley v gatulsem fight but gatulsem missed weight by 10lbs which is massive so suggest something up there.

vegas-voss

Can't see any other result than silva destroying Diaz. Think it might be similar to the silva v Forrest fight.

Was looking forward to the woodley v gatulsem fight but gatulsem missed weight by 10lbs which is massive so suggest something up there.

Watched the build up special and his training regime to get fit was something else.Think he was back walking on that leg in two weeks and kicking football's with it after six.

Lord BJ

Post contains spoiler to ufc 183

I've just watched the main card. Some good fights but I thought the main event was awful.

I don't find Diaz antics particularly funny or whatever, if I wanted to watch stupid antics in the ring I'd watch the wwe.

Was disappointed with silva at no point did he look to attempt to finish that fight to me. This was a guy who took lhw out with ease, didn't even try to take a natural lw out,

Maybe I'm expecting too much after his injury and lay off. However, whilst I think he could perform way above what he showed to night I think he may be done with fighting. I wonder if tonight was really about making sure the end wasn't leaving on the stretcher with the broken leg.

As an aside I get its Diaz sticht but if he's disillusional to think he won that fight, never mind all five rounds.

Anyway will be interesting to see if we see either fight in the ufc again.

Also what's people's opinion on Connor mcgregor. I can't lie I do like him, mainly because unlike Diaz or a sonnen he backs the trash talk up. Whilst he looks like a natural born finisher. I do think he has a good chance to beat aldo. As Aldo is a fighter who will want to stand with him.

Edited by Lord BJ

Generic Username

Moist for Aldo v MacGregor in July.

Jambo_23

Post contains spoiler to ufc 183

I've just watched the main card. Some good fights but I thought the main event was awful.

I don't find Diaz antics particularly funny or whatever, if I wanted to watch stupid antics in the ring I'd watch the wwe.

Was disappointed with silva at no point did he look to attempt to finish that fight to me. This was a guy who took lhw out with ease, didn't even try to take a natural lw out,

Maybe I'm expecting too much after his injury and lay off. However, whilst I think he could perform way above what he showed to night I think he may be done with fighting. I wonder if tonight was really about making sure the end wasn't leaving on the stretcher with the broken leg.

As an aside I get its Diaz sticht but if he's disillusional to think he won that fight, never mind all five rounds.

Anyway will be interesting to see if we see either fight in the ufc again.

Also what's people's opinion on Connor mcgregor. I can't lie I do like him, mainly because unlike Diaz or a sonnen he backs the trash talk up. Whilst he looks like a natural born finisher. I do think he has a good chance to beat aldo. As Aldo is a fighter who will want to stand with him.

Not many stop Diaz. The fight was pretty much a copy of the GSP v Diaz fight. Anderson showed his leg and chin are fine. He was never in trouble, good solid comeback nothing spectacular, but he has had a few fights that were snorefests.

Conor McGregor is pure entertainment, great interviews, flash exciting fighting style. He has got everyone interested in a weight no one was talking about. Hope he does Aldo

Lord BJ

Mcgregors q&a's are pretty good but the post fights press conference are always entertainment.

If you haven't seen the one after beating silver (it's on you tube) it's worth checking out. I'm sure he's slowly getting plastered on it.

Generic Username

Aldo will be the toughest fight he's had. The guys kicking and knees are mental. It'll be a test for MacGregor to see how he rolls with those kind of hits because Aldo will definitely get close to him and cause damage.

The build up over the next few months will be great.

Lord BJ

Aldo will be the toughest fight he's had. The guys kicking and knees are mental. It'll be a test for MacGregor to see how he rolls with those kind of hits because Aldo will definitely get close to him and cause damage.

The build up over the next few months will be great.

Yeah will be the toughest test by some distance.

It interests me to see how mcgregor deals with the kicks, particularly the low kicks to legs. Connor has a very wide stance and potentially much more likely to be taken off balance when aldo kicks them; which he will. You could see glimpses of this in the siver fight, who was getting anilated in the stand up.

I also can't wait for the build up. Be interesting to see if aldo bites, everyone else seems to succumb to the smack talk and let it get to them to varying degrees,

Lord BJ

Drug test results in from weekend fights and Diaz has tested positive for marajuna. That is not exactly surprising considering been popped for it before and is pretty open about his use.

More surprising silva tests positive for steroids!!! As someone who has called for life time ban on steroid users in mma you imagine this is the end of the road for him. Unless a massive problem with tests. Looks like multiple steroids in system as well.

hmfc22

Drug test results in from weekend fights and Diaz has tested positive for marajuna. That is not exactly surprising considering been popped for it before and is pretty open about his use.

More surprising silva tests positive for steroids!!! As someone who has called for life time ban on steroid users in mma you imagine this is the end of the road for him. Unless a massive problem with tests. Looks like multiple steroids in system as well.

Steroids are a major part of sports. Drug tests are incredibly easy to pass. You have to be very stupid/lazy to fail one.

Always surprises me that people genuinly think no drug use occurs. The reality is that PEDs are a fundamental part of sports at the highest level.

Edited by hmfc22

vegas-voss

Steroids are a major part of sports. Drug tests are incredibly easy to pass. You have to be very stupid/lazy to fail one.

Always surprises me that people genuinly think no drug use occurs. The reality is that PEDs are a fundamental part of sports at the highest level.

I heard Sonnen talk about this on Joe Rogan's podcast and he said that it's virtually impossible to stop it as anything that is banned is so easy to change and replicate with something that's not.

Masonic

some pretty sick cards coming up soon in the ufc and of course money may v pacman will be epic too something not too many people are talking about is we will prob get a rematch too

Masonic

frampton on council tele the night tyson fury fighting as well and eubank jr then straight after its prelims at 1am todays going to be amazing

Masonic

think nelson will beat overeem as a 2/1 underdog almost and i think if the co main stays on the feet joanna can win the title as for the main event think showtime will KO him in the first 2 rounds with some kick we have never seen before sensei seagal will prob take credit for it tho

Masonic

thought pearson was impressive with the striking on the undercard then overeem came out and played it safe but comfortably beat nelson by decision joannas striking was on another level and as for showtime i think he must have mentally not been there after seeing his little bro geat beat on the fightpass fight 

for the boxing cunningham was robbed i thought was 1/5 fav when it went to judges

rustyboy

The UFC was a fantastic watch at the weekend. I would love to see a fight with Joanne Calderwood and the new champ at some point in the future. Hopefully she puts on a great show in Poland in a few weeks time and takes it from there.

vegas-voss

thought pearson was impressive with the striking on the undercard then overeem came out and played it safe but comfortably beat nelson by decision joannas striking was on another level and as for showtime i think he must have mentally not been there after seeing his little bro geat beat on the fightpass fight

for the boxing cunningham was robbed i thought was 1/5 fav when it went to judges

I though he and his team got the game plan all wrong against Dos Santos in going orthodox he should have been punishing Dos Santos liver like Dos Santos done to him instead of looking for the counter punch.Still it was a great display by Dos Santos.

Overeem I think that's the best I have seen him in the Ufc and as for the Polish girl she looks like she will dominate that division she was light years ahead of the champ.

Masonic

aye looks like the polish bird will be defending her title in scotland according to Ariel its a big possibility 

the fights on sat dont look that good at all on the prelims only decent think to expect is a Trinaldo quick win but for the main card Fili and Oliveras fights are both non events the Nunes v Bassler will be a borefest no striking and both no cardio going into the 3rd in brazil then its some dude called Santos who ive never even heard of and i watch every ufc since 2008 hopefully Koschek can put up a fight but Silva will be a big favourite and no chance josh gets it from the judges then the main event might be half decent but i mean 7th in the division v 14th is hardlly a real main event.

vegas-voss

Only watched the first two fights in the main event so far.Superb submissions by Peppey and Burns.

Masonic

u didnt miss too much koscheck bottled it early doors and the main was humping for 25 mins in half guard grappler v ju jitsu guy always going to be like that

vegas-voss

u didnt miss too much koscheck bottled it early doors and the main was humping for 25 mins in half guard grappler v ju jitsu guy always going to be like that

I will just skip it then

Masonic

Dillashaw pulled out the Barao rematch

vegas-voss

Dillashaw pulled out the Barao rematch

**** was looking forward to that.Been a lot of injuries in the lead up to main events recently.

Masonic

yeah me too mighty mouse is now the main for 186

lesnar signing a contract extension at wwe is bad news for ufc heavyweight division they need a star in there with crossover appeal

Masonic

Special K coming back tonight after the knife attack hope he can get the win poor guys been through a lot since winning the title

Masonic

Kells counter pounching was really impressive jo jo dan shouldnt have attacked at him like that so early in the fight i liked when eddie came out and asked khan if he wants it to come get it will sell out Wembley no probs on June 13th if amir takes the fight if not id like to see brook fight one time keith thurman in either usa or uk would be an amazing fight.

rustyboy

Stevie Ray has been added to the UFC Poland card! I'm super excited to see him and Joanne Calderwood in action. I hope they do well, could make for an excellent UFC Glasgow!

Masonic

ufc supposed to be live at 4pm on bt sport but its not wont be on until 10pm as a replay which sucks at least boxing is on sky tonight tho

Masonic

boxing on sky tonight at bout half 7 then ufc is on pick tv at like 10pm not live but as a replay then boxnation at 2am for the Quillin fight

vegas-voss

boxing on sky tonight at bout half 7 then ufc is on pick tv at like 10pm not live but as a replay then boxnation at 2am for the Quillin fight

What's Pick tv ?

Bt no longer showing UFC ?

Masonic

What's Pick tv ?

bt still showing ufc this is like a one off just starting now VM channel 123

Masonic

if anyone missed it u should watch Garcia fight with Peterson judges robbed him he boxed like sugar ray & purnell whittaker with dashes of ali unreal man didnt know he had it in him judges are scum though

Lord BJ

What's Pick tv ?

BT deal does not include the fight nights. They usually broker a deal for them but are showing on pick tv which is a sky channel. Not sure if testing sky market for potential ppv.

You missed nothing, last night, awful card and awful fights. Whilst, I'm glad mirko won last night he looked awful until he caught gonzaga with elbow.

I kind of watched thinking this is a bit tragic. Both should retire before they get damaged badly

Edited by Lord BJ

vegas-voss

BT deal does not include the fight nights. They usually broker a deal for them but are showing on pick tv which is a sky channel. Not sure if testing sky market for potential ppv.

You missed nothing, last night, awful card and awful fights. Whilst, I'm glad mirko won last night he looked awful until he caught gonzaga with elbow.

I kind of watched thinking this is a bit tragic. Both should retire before they get damaged badly

BT always had the fight nights before.That's all we need though would Sky getting a hold of it and making it ppv.The market just isn't there for it in the UK imo.

Lord BJ

BT always had the fight nights before.That's all we need though would Sky getting a hold of it and making it ppv.The market just isn't there for it in the UK imo.

I think it's just ufc is just shopping about seeing how effects figures etc. ppv is part of their model but I can't see it taking off in UK/Europe. Think it's only a couple event agreement.

Whilst it's a growing market in Europe, PPV's are unlikely to take off, mainly due to time difference and essentially I don't think demand is their.

The fact sky have never lept on ufc before also shows they don't believe it's there. I think ufc is moving away from ppv market slightly, it's got network deal in states now and the reason for this to get out to more people. It will always occur for the big events, however, if they went down that route they would stifle the growth in European market.

Interestingly empty seats last night particularly prelims, maybe as card was ******* awful.

As an aside spike TV starts wed and I believe they will be showing bellator events live. So will also be another avenue to see some mma.

I can't wait to watch shamrock v slice lol and the other freak shows they will put on.

Edited by Lord BJ

vegas-voss

Dana White must be rubbing his hands they have just found a new female star in Paige Vanzaant already got the big sponsorship deal with Reebok and talk of a title shot already after only 2 fights.

vegas-voss

That Holloway hasn't half improved since Connor McGregor destroyed him.Very impressive

Masonic

That Holloway hasn't half improved since Connor McGregor destroyed him.Very impressive

best i have seen from him Rockhold was impressive too 

fast_blood

Rockhold should get the next shot at Weidman.

vegas-voss

best i have seen from him Rockhold was impressive too

He was but I think Machida is finished and has been for a while despite his last couple of wins.It's strange he was light heavy champ but he looks smaller than most even in the lower division.

Masonic

rampage back on 186 card after judge overruled an injunction 

Masonic

mighty mouse was dominant, rampage done well on his comeback and for the boxing vlad wasnt too impressive but he done the job in the garden

btw bones busted again out of ufc 187 and maybe will never fight again in the ufc twitter goin mad but waiting for dana to confirm it

vegas-voss

Thought that was a really good UFC especially after all the problems they had with the card.Mighty Mouse fights are becoming a bore though as the guy is just far too dominant.Rampage look good but it was a fight that suited him.

vegas-voss

mighty mouse was dominant, rampage done well on his comeback and for the boxing vlad wasnt too impressive but he done the job in the garden

btw bones busted again out of ufc 187 and maybe will never fight again in the ufc twitter goin mad but waiting for dana to confirm it

Wow guy must have a serious problem I wanted to see Johnson destroy him. Edited by vegas-voss