• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vegas-voss

• Masonic

• ri Alban

• cosanostra

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Relikh is coming on strong towards the end and Burns is under fire. Burns ahead, just, 105-104...

Ibrahim Tall

116-112 for two judges extremely generous

118-110 on the other, literally no idea how that was even possible. Impossible to give him the last three or first two.

118-110 on the other, literally no idea how that was even possible. Impossible to give him the last three or first two.

I didn't catch that card in the pub. That's a scandal :lol:

Not the best event of all time but a few memorable moments.

Bektic looked decent, needs a step up in class.

Struve looked like a giant fighting a normal bloke. That rolling d'arce finish was pretty cool. Needs to start fighting top 10 guys if he's ever going to challenge.

Manuwa is not bad at all. Seems to have lost to every top 5 guy he's faced so maybe destined to be 5-10 guy but just not good enough to challenge the best few.

OSP - I don't rate him. He's a phenomenal athlete but he's more about power and strength than talent. He's as highly ranked as he'll get.

Gegard beat a TRT free Belfort. Big deal. Needs a step up in class and Belfort should retire. He's a couple of losses behind Bigfoot Silva in the human punchbag game but he'll get there. He's got nothing left to offer IMO and is just trying to get paid before the inevitable. USADA ended his chances of being champ again. Spent force.

Best of all by miles was the main event. What a scrap that was.

If it was a fight, you'd have to say that Hendo won by miles. All of the big moments came from him but he couldn't get his ground and pound on and put the mouthpiece away.

The round by round scoring system is a tough won to call and you can see why the judges thought Bisping won at least 3 rounds. I hate decisions like this as there was clearly only one winner of the fight but the loser did possibly win 3 rounds, if that makes sense.

Bisping was lucky not to have a point removed for the two ball kicks. Very poor from him and the ref has to see that first one.

Bisping going in hard on every middleweight contender in the interview was hilarious. :laugh: I hope for his sake he doesn't get Jacare next because he'll lose badly. Scary dude.

Just back from the Manchester Arena.No problem with them giving the win to Bisping but 49-46 judge i have no idea how he can give that.I think it could easily have been a tie as the last round was close but for Octogon control i can see why they gave it to Bisping and some ****ing heart by the guy as well.

Just back from the Manchester Arena.No problem with them giving the win to Bisping but 49-46 judge i have no idea how he can give that.I think it could easily have been a tie as the last round was close but for Octogon control i can see why they gave it to Bisping and some ******* heart by the guy as well.

Bisping is the king of decisions.

Leites, Silva and now Henderson.

I don't see Bisping holding onto the belt for another fight .  He get destroyed by Jacare (who i expect to beat Rockhold and who is IMO the next contender)

Bisping is the king of decisions.

Leites, Silva and now Henderson.

I don't see Bisping holding onto the belt for another fight . He get destroyed by Jacare (who i expect to beat Rockhold and who is IMO the next contender)

I had it at best a draw as last round although i scored it Hendo i could see them giving it to Bisping but first was def a 10/8 round imo and Hendo won the 2nd.

I had it at best a draw as last round although i scored it Hendo i could see them giving it to Bisping but first was def a 10/8 round imo and Hendo won the 2nd.

Agree with you.

No idea how Bisping continues to lose fights but get decisions but he seems to have a knack for it.

Agree with you.

No idea how Bisping continues to lose fights but get decisions but he seems to have a knack for it.

See last night gave him the most wins in UFC history as well.At least last nights was exciting though as when i seen him in Glasgow it was a total bore.Last night i only gave him props for managing to survive that first round.

Generic Username

Thought that was a great card, all the fights produced something. Was surprised Bisping didn't go after Hendo's body more, guy was gassed after the second. Still some competitor.

Thought that was a great card, all the fights produced something. Was surprised Bisping didn't go after Hendo's body more, guy was gassed after the second. Still some competitor.

Nearly 47 years of age hardly surprising

I think he lost to Anderson and Henderson.

I understand the decisions and the decision making process but i think the process is flawed so i don't agree.

Generic Username

Nearly 47 years of age hardly surprising

Indeed, which is why it was so surprising. He was out on his feet in his last 5 rounder as well. Would have thought they'd want to break down the body and make Henderson drop that right hand to take the power out it/easier to see coming.

Some career he's had but. Think he'd have had Bisping finished if he was a couple of years younger.

Indeed, which is why it was so surprising. He was out on his feet in his last 5 rounder as well. Would have thought they'd want to break down the body and make Henderson drop that right hand to take the power out it/easier to see coming.

Some career he's had but. Think he'd have had Bisping finished if he was a couple of years younger.

Was pushing 40 the last time he Ko'd Bisping imagine what Hendo would have done to him at his peak in his Pride days.

Agree with a lot of these posts with the exception that there should have been a 10 8 round.

Don't agree with that at all.

You have to utterly dominate someone for pretty much an entire round for that.

Generic Username

Nunez will do a number on her. She's been training and competing the whole time Ronda has been gone getting her shit together. Not a lot of time to recover from knee surgery and address all the flaws in your game that were exposed in your last fight.

As for the Cyborg thing, I can't ever see it happening.

Nunez will do a number on her. She's been training and competing the whole time Ronda has been gone getting her shit together. Not a lot of time to recover from knee surgery and address all the flaws in your game that were exposed in your last fight.

As for the Cyborg thing, I can't ever see it happening.

Agreed i think this fight will be her last whatever.Her redemption or meak exit from the game.

I actually think she is more someone who craves stardom and adulation over fighting and her star has pretty much wained since her loss.

Generic Username

Agreed i think this fight will be her last whatever.Her redemption or meak exit from the game.

I actually think she is more someone who craves stardom and adulation over fighting and her star has pretty much wained since her loss.

I'm fairly confident in saying her return will smash anything McGregor has done in terms of box office numbers. As good as he is at driving up the numbers, there's no doubt she had genuine superstar/world wide appeal. If she gets her arse handed to her she'll walk away with a lot of money to soften the blow.

It'll be interesting to hear her chat in the lead up to the fight because she'll have a lot of tough questions to answer. Hopefully someone also asks her what on earth is she doing letting Travis Browne pump her?!

Nunes is a decent match up for Ronda IMO.

I think she's best when someone comes at her. With Holly, Ronda had to do the chasing and it didn't work whatsoever.

As always with MMA, anything can happen I suppose, but I wouldn't be surprised with a quick Ronda arm bar after Nunes dives in.

Generic Username

Watch the way Nunes snaps with her jabs. Exactly the kind of thing Ronda didn't deal with against Holm. I'm totally unconvinced by her coaches after the pish they were giving her after the first round of her last fight. It's going to be hard, hard work. Especially after so long off.

Prefer the fight to go a couple of rounds but saying that is the kiss of death!

Ronda v Cyborg will never happen IMO. Ronda has no chance of beating her at 140 or 145 and Cyborg is way too muscular to get down to 135. Those roided up muscles will be there for a while yet. Ronda would be mad to take the fight.

Nunes is quite scary. Proper knock out power as well.

Hard to see Ronda beating her.

Ronda has apparently started as bookies favourite although I've no idea what her odds are. Crazy if so.

I wonder what Cyborg would look like of she'd never touched the roids.

Like a woman probably...

She is a freak she looks like she has muscles on her face never mind her arms.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cyborg, on top of her gear history, also had the same condition as Caster Semenya. :lol:

Edited by Sten Guns

Paddy Pimblett (cage warriors) been announced to fight Julian Erosa (ex TUF S22) on main card of Cage warriors 12th November.  Looks like it could be a good wee card to watch before UFC 205. 

Paddy Pimblett will be in UFC for sure if he defends his title.

the-unstoppable-rise-of-paddy-the-baddy-

Boy is some character :2thumbsup:

Edited by Rastajambo

Bellew calling out Haye last night was pretty entertaining, the fight itself was dire

Bellew has no class and his post match rants are embarrassing. More akin to what you would see in a wrestling ring.

Bellew has no class and his post match rants are embarrassing. More akin to what you would see in a wrestling ring.

Bit I had a giggle at was the whole 'He's only in it for the money!' when he's trying to get a big box office fight with David Haye for a big payout himself...

Bit I had a giggle at was the whole 'He's only in it for the money!' when he's trying to get a big box office fight with David Haye for a big payout himself...

Exactly.

It's very true. Haye has only come back because he is broke and is basically holding out in hope of getting a big money spinning fight versus Joshua.

Joshua v Wlad announced for December 10th in Manchester.

They are still figuring out which belts are on the line. Joshua's IBF belt definitely up for grabs. They are waiting to see if WBA and WBO belts will also be included.

Joshua v Wlad announced for December 10th in Manchester.

They are still figuring out which belts are on the line. Joshua's IBF belt definitely up for grabs. They are waiting to see if WBA and WBO belts will also be included.

Guess we will finally find out if Joshua is the real deal. Although tbh Wlad is well past his best and is a old fighter who has not fought for well over a year now

GSP says he's terminated his contract with UFC and now a free agent.

I expect bellator to come calling. Whilst the UFC states he can't terminate due to contract issue. A bit of battle and GSP back for s fight in UFC on Conor Type money.

Would like to see GSP back

Dont know why they dont just release him as all that Dana has done is belittle him for a year now.Cant stand Dana White anymore.

They won't release him because he would make a competitor a lot of money. i suspect the problem is the UFC don't want to pay him what he wants. I think I heard on a fighter and kid podcast,the disputes centres around sponsorship. His deal was pre reebok where fighter sporsership was allowed. GSP made fortunes in fighter sponsorship and wants recompessed for that loss. Dana not so keen.

I see UFC denying he's a free agent and stating he's under contract. Little doubt this is negotiating tactic by GSP to move things along.

I don't mine Dana, but agree he can be an arse and goes way over too at time. Guess that part of reason he's a very good promoter.

If they get things sorted not sure I would like to see GSP return against. No interest in him fighting Anderson now, we've seen Anderson beaten enough that the time for that fight has past. Nick Diaz would be interesting/fun but I've seen it and it wasn't all that close. Winner of Woodley/Wonder boy probably makes most sense in someways. Though big ask after time out straight to title fight.

Yeah think he has or had a big sponsorship deal with Under Armour

Clever move by GSP I reckon.

If UFC argue he has a valid contract with them which is not void and force him to stay as a UFC fighter then they are going to have to honour any terms within it I believe, otherwise he can walk away as they have attempted to change the terms of the agreement (assuming of course that the sponsorship rights is mentioned in any agreement he has with them)

Channel 5 I think

Cheers you're right. Coverage starts at 10pm.

Looking forward to this. Taylor has absolutely huge potential. He had an outstanding amateur career and happy to see him moving up the professional ranks. He's pretty much destroyed his 7(?) previous opponents by the looks of things.

Looking forward to this. Taylor has absolutely huge potential. He had an outstanding amateur career and happy to see him moving up the professional ranks. He's pretty much destroyed his 7(?) previous opponents by the looks of things.

Edinburgh lad Jason Easton fighting as well. He is 7-0 so massive potential as well.

I've only recently started watching Taylor, I was blown away when I first watched him. His movement and skill were unreal, proper potential. Looking forward to that fight tonight.

The undercard, featuring Easton, was on Spike TV. He looked good... tried to showboat in the first but was far more technical in the 2nd getting the stoppage