***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

Great move for the lad and the club can only benefit from it.

Don't see it.

Absolutely bizarre stuff if you ask me but there you go.

It's a woeful move for Hearts and Oliver.

Yours?

Woeful how? If the management team can't guarantee him playing time it'll absolutely be more beneficial to get full competitive games under his belt. He'll learn more from that than he will with a few sub appearances and he'll have the benefit of still being able to train at Hearts.

Don't see it.

Absolutely bizarre stuff if you ask me but there you go.

It's a temp loan mate, we can re call him whenever as we did with Jack. 4 strikers at the club so best he got more proper game time.

He is on 300k euros a week tax free, the ex CEO of Liverpool pointed out that the loan who mean that Man U will be covering his whole wages, which in this county is about 350-400k. Can't see Falcao taking a wage cut to go to Manchester especially when he was desperate to go real.

?346,000 is being quoted now.

Who knows. Just saw this on BBC Sport;

"As an aside, Manchester United sources have told us that the reported figure of ?346,000 a week for Radamel Falcao is 'way off.'"

We_are_the_Hearts

Gregory being a drama queen again, some things never change. Shocking that Oliver will be getting game time and experience against seasoned pros when he could be getting splinters on his erse

Aye ok then. I have worked with people in football who think the exact same as me about Sturridge. It's no surprise that he didn't make it at Man City or Chelsea because his decision making at times is terrible.

Thing is, as a Liverpool fan, I want to be proven wrong but I've already seen signs of it this season already.

Sturridge is a very good player. If Sturridge was at Man U instead of Wellbeck I don't think they'd have spunked what they have on Falcao. You'd have Sturridge ahead of Wellbeck any day of the week. I rate him.

It's a good move for the lad. He'll get experience playing first team football and should score a few goals at that level.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Danny Wellbeck's ******* shite. Arsenal and Spurs showing their aspirations by wanting to sign this lad. He's piss poor, can't even get a game before Sturridge for England and that's saying something!

Sturridge who has 37 goals for Liverpool in 53 games.

Gregory House M.D.

Gregory being a drama queen again, some things never change. Shocking that Oliver will be getting game time and experience against seasoned pros when he could be getting splinters on his erse

Not the loan I'm that bothered about. The fact we're sending a goalscorer who is clearly good enough for this league to League 1 is what I find bizarre, a waste of Gary's time and of little to no benefit to us. "Seasoned pro's" postmen and plumbers. Anywhere other than another championship side seems pretty pointless.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It's a woeful move for Hearts and Oliver.

Yours?

Oliver would be lucky to start 5 games for us this season. Good move for him.

Not the loan I'm that bothered about. The fact we're sending a goalscorer who is clearly good enough for this league to League 1 is what I find bizarre, a waste of Gary's time and of little to no benefit to us. "Seasoned pro's" postmen and plumbers. Anywhere other than another championship side seems pretty pointless.

He will get more game time for 3-4 months at Stenny than he will here with Sow, Carrick, Keatings and El Hass likely to be ahead of him.

I'm guessing that he'll have a similar recall clause to Hamilton if we have a striker crisis.

Acording to Soccerbase, Sturridge has scored 72 goals in 106 competitive club starts. That's a record that's quite hard to argue with tbf.

Really don't like the guy, and he still looks awful in an England shirt, but he has scored more goals than any other Liverpool player at the same stage in their Liverpool careers. Hope he's still shite though.

Gregory House M.D.

He will get more game time for 3-4 months at Stenny than he will here with Sow, Carrick, Keatings and El Hass likely to be ahead of him.

I'm guessing that he'll have a similar recall clause to Hamilton if we have a striker crisis.

As I've said, not the move. The club and league is what's just pointless to me. Loan him to a lower Championship club and he's hurting our opposition, playing in the same league he would be with us and would get plenty game time. Stenhousemuir isn't a level that Gary Oliver will learn anything from for me.

As I've said, not the move. The club and league is what's just pointless to me. Loan him to a lower Championship club and he's hurting our opposition, playing in the same league he would be with us and would get plenty game time. Stenhousemuir isn't a level that Gary Oliver will learn anything from for me.

Not doubting that he could/should sign for another championship side, but at this late stage in the window, we might not get an opportunity to loan him anywhere else.

Lot of chat about Carrick being ahead of Oliver but not for me. Nothing against the loan move but would love to have seen Oliver used as a impact player if not a starter from time to time

I agree the ideal scenario would be Gary at a championship club like the blue Brazil, Dumbarton, Alloa - that's about it but maybe it wasn't possible. Certainly on the plus side he will get plenty game time.

Who knows. Just saw this on BBC Sport;

"As an aside, Manchester United sources have told us that the reported figure of ?346,000 a week for Radamel Falcao is 'way off.'"

What's a few hundred grand between friends?

I agree the ideal scenario would be Gary ar a championship club like the blue Brazil, Dumbarton, Alloa - that's about it but maybe it wasn't possible. Certainly on the plus side he will get entry game time.

If the other 4 strikers/forwards are fit and available he may have got the odd 20 mins from the bench over the next 4 months and that's about it unless they all fail to fire in that period.

This way he will get time against the 'old pros' and regular playing time in meaningful matches with something at stake is what he needs, but if he is as good as we hope it may only be until January 2015.

Think we can trust Levein and Neilson's judgement on this.

Gregory House M.D.

Jesus, another 100% Bent sketch :vrface:

Has it ever been funny outwith the time he actually ended up on the pitch training at The Etihad?

It is a really good move for Gary, He will get regular games and if it makes it easier for him as a young player to score a load of goals by dropping a division then it will also do his confidence the world of good.

Allowayjambo1874

He couldn't agree terms with them though.

This will rise to around ?13m with add-ons so not much difference.

Just been on BBC. Borini offered ?58k a week at QPR but knocked back as he is after ?90k a week. FFS!!!

Jesus, another 100% Bent sketch :vrface:

Has it ever been funny outwith the time he actually ended up on the pitch training at The Etihad?

He wasn't even funny then.

The boy is a comedy vacuum.

Allowayjambo1874

Any truth in Dean Shiels back to Hibs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangers giving player to a rival in same league? Cannae see it but who knows.

Any truth in Dean Shiels back to Hibs?

. Supposedly at East Mains today. Might be the reason tramps.net is in lockdown while they beat themselves to a frenzy.

Rangers giving player to a rival in same league? Cannae see it but who knows.

Only asking as work colleague says he's in Leith.

Just been on BBC. Borini offered ?58k a week at QPR but knocked back as he is after ?90k a week. FFS!!!

the boys a horrific footballer as well :cornette:

Hope so , he is pish

Agree. Might have legs though as not a regular for The Rangers just now?

fabienleclerq

Lot of chat about Carrick being ahead of Oliver but not for me. Nothing against the loan move but would love to have seen Oliver used as a impact player if not a starter from time to time

Agreed.

Archived