***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

Matthew Le Tissier

Hibs looking to tie up a loan deal for Jake Sinclair of Southampton. 19 year old striker I believe.

Hardly the experienced player they need.

Tipped to be one of the quality youngsters we keep bringing through so hope he doesnt join them.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

Correct. Signing Di Maria, a winger. Play him in midfield alongside the imposter Mata. Now sign another striker when United are crying out for another stopper, whilst breaking the bank.

This clown Woodward has to go!

I don't think Utd have finished yet. I expect they'll sign a centre half too. LVG isn't a daft man.

Rudolf's Mate

I thought Cambiasso was outstanding 3+ years ago however he's not the player he once was. Shortsightedness or clever with Leicester not splashing ?7 mill+ wages in the event they could get relegated?

loveofthegame

Tipped to be one of the quality youngsters we keep bringing through so hope he doesnt join them.

Not a game changer though. I highly doubt he'll make them any better than Farid did and he's out injured for months now, so even if this kid is ok then the team isn't really being strengthened.

I love us to bid peanuts for some if the rangers kids knowing that they need the money so badly they would have to accept it.

The only problem being, is there anyone there worth having?

Dagger Is Back

Nicholson for ?1m against MacLeod at ?1.3m................I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

Aye, maybe time for a wee rethink by those who thought ?1m for SN was a deal

Rudolf's Mate

Edit: Palace close to completing McArthur deal.

The deal for Negredo is meant to have an obligation rather than an option in place whereby they have to buy him for ?23.5 mill at the end of the season.

tartofmidlothian

Possibility of a few players leaving today, on loan and permanently.

I'm told we have received bids for 3 players (Nicholson, Holt and Carrick) but all of them have been rebuffed.

Robinson is on the verge of joining Falkirk although if Kilmarnock follow up their initial interest then he will likely go there instead.

Raith Rovers are in for David Smith.

Toshney will sign once he negotiates his release from Celtic.

Any other Hearts related news stick it in here people. :thumbsup:

I'm easy on the rest as long as this remains the case.

Nicholson for ?1m against MacLeod at ?1.3m................I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.

MacLeod is a very good young player

If we had a chance to sign a younger player (in other words had the money) then MacLeod would be near the top of my list.

Sometimes we should recognise that there are talented youngsters elsewhere... even at Ibrox. (and if he left it would boost our chances of promotion)

loveofthegame

Sky-

BREAKING: Wigan have made a ?800k bid for Rangers midfielder Lewis MacLeod. #wafc #rfc

Superb. Here's hoping they get the deal done. MacLeod has arguably been there best player so far this season.

Victor Meldrew

Sky-

BREAKING: Wigan have made a ?800k bid for Rangers midfielder Lewis MacLeod. #wafc #rfc

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with this. If I were Wigan, I'd leave the ?800k bid on the table and see how long it takes the Huns to admit they're desperate for cash and take it.

Possibility of a few players leaving today, on loan and permanently.

I'm told we have received bids for 3 players (Nicholson, Holt and Carrick) but all of them have been rebuffed.

Robinson is on the verge of joining Falkirk although if Kilmarnock follow up their initial interest then he will likely go there instead.

Raith Rovers are in for David Smith.

Toshney will sign once he negotiates his release from Celtic.

Any other Hearts related news stick it in here people. :thumbsup:

Any idea who the bids were from and how much?

I wouldn't want to lose any of them, but if JH isn't going to commit his future to hearts then it could be ok to let him go of the money is right. I say that as a massive fan of the lad.

I wouldn't want to lose any of them, but if JH isn't going to commit his future to hearts then it could be ok to let him go of the money is right. I say that as a massive fan of the lad.

No idea of the amounts but the clubs were Everton, Wigan and Coventry.

Micah Richards to West Ham? Why are they giving Sam the Diplodocus more money to waste?

He is apparently signing for Fiorentina.

Rudolf's Mate
Micah Richards to West Ham? Why are they giving Sam the Diplodocus more money to waste?

Thought he was on a flight to Italy earlier? Could be wrong.

He's already in Florence so can't see that happening.

It seems Wigan have moved on to try get Mcleod from Rangers now..rather than Holt?

It'll be very interesting to see what happens with this. If I were Wigan, I'd leave the ?800k bid on the table and see how long it takes the Huns to admit they're desperate for cash and take it.

I would go back to them and say since you are now taking the pish, how about we offer 500K as you are absolutely desperado for the cash.

Rudolf's Mate

A Utd fan on the BBC :lol:

Stu in Essex: As a United fan here's my thoughts on the defence. We've gone from Rio to Rojo, it's making me go Blind with worry, I'm trying to Blackett out. But I'm not Shaw I Evra can. We need someone to Phil the gaps, but hopefully every cloud has Da Silva lining, Evans knows how we'll cope, but hoping our worries are not getting larger but are now Small-ing.

RustyRightPeg

Arsene Wenger apparently in Rome to referee a charity match. I don't know whether to laugh or cry if this is true.

Rudolf's Mate
FoEDQM2F_bigger.pngRangers News Daily ?@RFCNewsDaily 14h

No reliable sources have said that Lee Wallace or Lewis Macleod are leaving Rangers Football Club.

Not sure of Rangers News Daily is official.

EDIT: With 529 followers I guess it's not!

Sounds about right seeing as most of them can't use a pencil never mind a keyboard!

Arsene Wenger apparently in Rome to referee a charity match. I don't know whether to laugh or cry if this is true.

Yep and the fans aren't happy.

tartofmidlothian

I guessed right with Coventry. :verysmug:

**** off, Elvis. :thumbsup:

Losing both Holt and Robinson today would not be a great move. If either Buaben or Gomis get a serious injury between now and January we would be very short in centre-mid so unless the offer for JH is HUGE (and we have a replacement lined up) I'd be tempted to hang on to him.

tartofmidlothian

Just saw someone post this on FB. This is a guy who is delighted to be joining Hibs :bucktooth:

10626632_10152757689508816_3829728806310623853_n.jpg?oh=23fa3bc7fa60aca0c4325fb3cfda6ef1&oe=54679E6B&__gda__=1415477215_cc3c1da121c6679c857ff0086776edb9

It's like David Gray and his tombstone.

Money talks of course but at this time we have no pressing need for funding.

We are ahead of the game re the clubs finances, a plan is in place for funding over the next couple of seasons and in reality what could we do with the money this season ?... it is all well and good saying sign players but higher wages for those players would result as would discontent amongst the squad who would also want a better deal....and its the last day of the window.

The money would not be going to speed up the sale of the club so whilst I understand we will need to sell from time to time this is not that time.

Of course players and agents can put pressure on the club and there may have been deals done to get the youngsters to sign new deals so there will always be movement but I can only see their value increasing over the next couple of seasons......but of course you may only be an injury away from that ideal scenario being blown apart.

tartofmidlothian

I`m led to believe Everton are very keen on Jordan McGhee.

This is the one I wouldn't be surprised about, Toshney's a direct replacement.

Snake Plissken

Everton can **** off.

Actually, all those cash-rich arseholes from the TV league who think they can nab a bargain can do one. I hope we keep all of our youngsters for at least the rest of the season.

As has been mentioned we dont need to sell them adn they are all tied down on contacts now as far as I am aware so we can demand good money for them or they are going nowhere.

We should offer rangers ?500k for wallace as an insult as its the sort of offer they would give us when we were struggling.

As has been mentioned we dont need to sell them adn they are all tied down on contacts now as far as I am aware so we can demand good money for them or they are going nowhere.

We should offer rangers ?500k for wallace as an insult as its the sort of offer they would give us when we were struggling.

I assume we would need around another ?500k to pay his wages per year!

Not sure if Wallace staying at rangers does more harm then good.

Archived