***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rudolf's Mate

I assume we would need around another ?500k to pay his wages per year!

Not sure if Wallace staying at rangers does more harm then good.

Doubled edged sword really. Stays and they're stronger whilst financially worse off. Goes they're weaker but financially better off. Either way all it's doing is papering over the cracks.

Everton can **** off.

Actually, all those cash-rich arseholes from the TV league who think they can nab a bargain can do one. I hope we keep all of our youngsters for at least the rest of the season.

It's going to be a lot worse in January.

Oliver on loan to Stenhousemuir and Lee Hollis leaves.

http://www.heartsfc....2241384_4113427

A bit surprised at Oliver loan but I suppose he is young and at the bottom of the list after Sow, Keatings etc.

it seems a view is being taken as to just how much game time some ot the youngsters are going to get over the next 4 months hence the moves to gain experience.

Given his showings this season he should be a success at Stenhousemuir... he's already scored there this season !!

Given the goalkeeper situation it must mean the return of one of the 2 injured players is near.......given next match is not for 2 weeks it will help.

Dumbarton loan Chris Kane from St Johnstone. Very good signing, one which could have repercussions on Hibs relegation battle.

loveofthegame

Dumbarton loan Chris Kane from St Johnstone. Very good signing, one which could have repercussions on Hibs relegation battle.

That the lad that used to be our u20 captain?

Is he not a big Jambo?

That the lad that used to be our u20 captain?

Different one, that one is at Cowdenbeath now.

Just noticed the deal I wa referring too was completed earlier in the week and he's already scored :facepalm:

A lot of talk of folk coming back on loan if deals happen.

We won't go down this route IMO. It's against our plan. When a player does go the next suitable player/youth will step into the first team.

I think everything we've been told do far makes that pretty clear.

QPR bid for Borini (reported at ?10m) accepted by Liverpool.

He's cost a fair amount of money in transfers.

Rudolf's Mate
QPR bid for Borini (reported at ?10m) accepted by Liverpool.

He's cost a fair amount of money in transfers.

And Sunderland were willing to pay ?14m :lol:

He'll go for about the same fee as he cost then.

It's clear he and his partner did not fancy a permanent address in the north east and have been looking for a move to more 'glamorous' surroundings.

Still Sunderland get Coates as compensation on loan for the next year.

He couldn't agree terms with them though.

This will rise to around ?13m with add-ons so not much difference.

Rudolf's Mate

He'll go for about the same fee as he cost then.

It's clear he and his partner did not fancy a permanent address in the north east and have been looking for a move to more 'glamorous' surroundings.

London or Sunderland mmm!

Makes you wonder if Remy was trouble. Surely he's head and shoulders above Borini.

This will always be an advantage the London clubs have. Every nationality lives there so it is easy for foreign players to settle there.

And Sunderland is a shithole.

Lee Wallace was on ?16k a week on his original Rangers deal although he did take a 75% hit prior to liquidation - presume his original terms were reinstated after liquidation. Would need a heck of a lot more than ?500k a year to pay his wages!

Rudolf's Mate
Lee Wallace was on ?16k a week on his original Rangers deal although he did take a 75% hit prior to liquidation - presume his original terms were reinstated after liquidation. Would need a heck of a lot more than ?500k a year to pay his wages!

Remember they were liquidated therefore there was no obligation to give any player their original terms. Not saying it didn't happen just think it would be unlikely and extremely stupid if they did.

No wonder he doesn't want to leave that shitehole then!

London or Sunderland mmm!

Makes you wonder if Remy was trouble. Surely he's head and shoulders above Borini.

Remy had a clause in his contract for if a team in the Champions League came in for him, don't think Redknapp's decided Borini's better than Remy.

Rudolf's Mate

Remy had a clause in his contract for if a team in the Champions League came in for him, don't think Redknapp's decided Borini's better than Remy.

Yep I don't doubt that. My comment was more me scratching my head re the fees for Remy & Borini though I never made this clear.

I appreciate Remy had the clause however I also forgot that QPR were relegated which was ultimately why he went on loan rather than Harry trying to offload.

I wouldn't have expected to read a sentence like this ten years ago (from the Scotsman):

"Leicester City had agreed a ?7million deal for Scotland midfielder McArthur but pulled out of the deal after snaring Esteban Cambiasso instead."

Called it during the 2006 World Cup, but no bookie would go near it...

beijingandrew

Remember they were liquidated therefore there was no obligation to give any player their original terms. Not saying it didn't happen just think it would be unlikely and extremely stupid if they did.

Not true because of TUPE. When a business is transferred to a new company (even because of liquidation) the staff are automatically transferred to the new company on the same terms. The employee can opt out in certain circumstances which is how naismith etc left.

Just been speaking to a mate who's a Monaco season ticket holder. Apparently their media are reporting the Falcao deal as an 8 million euro loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season for 55 million euros. Massive money.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk 2

Just been speaking to a mate who's a Monaco season ticket holder. Apparently their media are reporting the Falcao deal as an 8 million euro loan with an obligation to buy at the end of the season for 55 million euros. Massive money.

Thats not too bad a deal in the current market for one of the top strikers in the world.

Rudolf's Mate

Not true because of TUPE. When a business is transferred to a new company (even because of liquidation) the staff are automatically transferred to the new company on the same terms. The employee can opt out in certain circumstances which is how naismith etc left.

Yep and a new employer can chance the terms and conditions as long as the reason is an economical, technical or organisational one. Not saying they did this but newco would be within their rights to renegotiate players contracts.

All to get round the financial fair play rules.

If they're that easy to get round, what's the point?

Why do Monaco want to sell Falcao? Is it just that he wants to leave? They've just collected ?70m for Rodriguez so surely it's not money or Financial Fair Play

Sinclair joined Southampton F.C. at the academy level at the age of eight years old.[2] He made his professional debut for Southampton's first-team on 27 August 2013 against Barnsley at Oakwell Stadium in theFootball League Cup in which he came on in the 90th minute for Emmanuel Mayuka as Southampton won the match 5?1.

So he has played a full minute of first team football. Hmmmmm, 5-1 you say .....

GC

Rudolf's Mate

Jeez I must be getting old as the memory ain't the same. Had a look at Falcao on YouTube and totally forgot he played for Atletico and some of the goals he scored for them. With Costa it took a couple of games for me to eat my words. Falcao could turn out to be the signing of the season!

Jeez I must be getting old as the memory ain't the same. Had a look at Falcao on YouTube and totally forgot he played for Atletico and some of the goals he scored for them. With Costa it took a couple of games for me to eat my words. Falcao could turn out to be the signing of the season!

As Redknapp said on Sky Sports News, you think how good Costa is and then think that Falcao kept him out the side.

The doubt about him is the injury...will he be the same player ? and of course it will take time to be truly fit.

Its a gamble but one worth taking from a club who need to badly reinforce the squad and a club who can afford to take that gamble... I suspect he may not start well but as time goes on may well improve.

The older you are the less well you recover from that type of injury and he is 28 years of age.

#DeadlineDay latest with @STVPaul and me on STV News in the east tonight. Latest on Hearts and Hibs, who have interest in the same player.

Tweet by Jamie Borthwick

#DeadlineDay latest with @STVPaul and me on STV News in the east tonight. Latest on Hearts and Hibs, who have interest in the same player.

Tweet by Jamie Borthwick

Things just got real.

Tweet by Jamie Borthwick

That'll be Toshney.

Welbeck to Arsenal

I've got a Spurs supporting mate who is convinced he is going to White Hart Lane. Oh how pissed he will be if he goes to Arsenal.

:pleasing:

I've got a Spurs supporting mate who is convinced he is going to White Hart Lane. Oh how pissed he will be if he goes to Arsenal.

At the Arsenal training ground trying to push the move through. Apparently.

Rudolf's Mate

One of them's dodging a bullet!

tartofmidlothian

I love how they pronounce Coates = Co-at-es, his dad is Scottish,it's Coates plain and simple

:spoton:

"Cwatez."

Archived