***Official transfer deadline day thread***

iantjambo

At the Arsenal training ground trying to push the move through. Apparently.

Panic move from arsenal after having a 40 million bid for Reus knocked back, but if it winds up the English hibs it's all good!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if he's on that much. ?200k a week seems to be what's being quoted in the press and on Twitter.

He is on 300k euros a week tax free, the ex CEO of Liverpool pointed out that the loan who mean that Man U will be covering his whole wages, which in this county is about 350-400k. Can't see Falcao taking a wage cut to go to Manchester especially when he was desperate to go real.

I'd be surprised if he's on that much. ?200k a week seems to be what's being quoted in the press and on Twitter.

?346,000 is being quoted now.

chester copperpot

Danny Wellbeck's ******* shite. Arsenal and Spurs showing their aspirations by wanting to sign this lad. He's piss poor, can't even get a game before Sturridge for England and that's saying something!

STV - Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Kilmarnock interesed in signing Toshney

If that's the case we'll loose out as we won't pay the wages if it comes to a bidding war

If that's the case we'll loose out as we won't pay the wages if it comes to a bidding war

Good, I don't want us to start paying silly wages again for mediocre players.

Rudolf's Mate
Danny Wellbeck's ******* shite. Arsenal and Spurs showing their aspirations by wanting to sign this lad. He's piss poor, can't even get a game before Sturridge for England and that's saying something!

I was with you all the way until you mentioned Sturridge. Think he's deserving of a place in the England squad based on his performances for his club.

chester copperpot

I was with you all the way until you mentioned Sturridge. Think he's deserving of a place in the England squad based on his performances for his club.

Sturridge was excellent for Liverpool last year, but he's a greedy ******* who I don't like either! Think he will be found out this season.

Just my opinion though!

And in that last sentence you have proved your lack of football knowledge

He is on 300k euros a week tax free, the ex CEO of Liverpool pointed out that the loan who mean that Man U will be covering his whole wages, which in this county is about 350-400k. Can't see Falcao taking a wage cut to go to Manchester especially when he was desperate to go real.

?346,000 is being quoted now.

Yep, happy to stand corrected on that. Couple of the transfer rumour accounts I follow on Twitter had initially quoted ?200k per week but they're now quoting this ?346k figure too.

Quality player but bonkers money. They must be 100% sure on his fitness because ?340p/w and nearly ?60m on a 28 year old who ruptured his cruciate 7 months ago is a huge gamble if they aren't.

Man U might be average these days, but they're not going the way everyone predicted in terms of finances. Glazers have played a blinder with their revenues and sponsorship.

chester copperpot

And in that last sentence you have proved your lack of football knowledge

Aye ok then. I have worked with people in football who think the exact same as me about Sturridge. It's no surprise that he didn't make it at Man City or Chelsea because his decision making at times is terrible.

Thing is, as a Liverpool fan, I want to be proven wrong but I've already seen signs of it this season already.

STV - Hearts, Hibs, Dundee and Kilmarnock interesed in signing Toshney

What would be the point when we just signed Eckersley and we have Paterson to come back if anything a left back to cover for Mchattie would make the most sense

Yep, happy to stand corrected on that. Couple of the transfer rumour accounts I follow on Twitter had initially quoted ?200k per week but they're now quoting this ?346k figure too.

Quality player but bonkers money. They must be 100% sure on his fitness because ?340p/w and nearly ?60m on a 28 year old who ruptured his cruciate 7 months ago is a huge gamble if they aren't.

Man U might be average these days, but they're not going the way everyone predicted in terms of finances. Glazers have played a blinder with their revenues and sponsorship.

I see the glazers selling up soon, so they have took a gamble to get the club back in the CL. They aren't short on cash with the deals you mentioned.

Ive read that Rooney has a 'highest earner clause' in his contract, meaning he will be on more than Falcao.

Is that even a thing?

What would be the point when we just signed Eckersley and we have Paterson to come back if anything a left back to cover for Mchattie would make the most sense

Eckersley is the cover for mchattie.

Ive read that Rooney has a 'highest earner clause' in his contract, meaning he will be on more than Falcao.

Is that even a thing?

Yes.. Ronaldo has such a clause as does Messi and a few others.

Deal will cost a pretty penny with ?17 million in wages per year plus the loan fee (and poss higher given diff taxes here and in Monaco)

Eckersley is a left back but can also play on the right.

Cardiac Rucksack

I don't think they will be paying him anywhere near that amount of money. Generates plenty interest for sky sports news though

Panic move from arsenal after having a 40 million bid for Reus knocked back, but if it winds up the English hibs it's all good!

english Hibs :cornette: Is that the team the great Hearts legend Dave MacKay played for? :)

Aye ok then. I have worked with people in football who think the exact same as me about Sturridge. It's no surprise that he didn't make it at Man City or Chelsea because his decision making at times is terrible.

Thing is, as a Liverpool fan, I want to be proven wrong but I've already seen signs of it this season already.

Sturridge is different class and that's coming from an Everton fan.

RustyRightPeg

Falcao - ?350k

Rooney - ?300k

Di Maria - ?250k

Van Persie - ?220

?1.2Mil a WEEK on these 4's wages. Sickening.

chester copperpot

Sturridge is different class and that's coming from an Everton fan.

I guess it would be boring if we all agreed on everything mate.

Falcao - ?350k

Rooney - ?300k

Di Maria - ?250k

Van Persie - ?220

?1.2Mil a WEEK on these 4's wages. Sickening.

It is sickening but they'll win hee haw, oh wait mibbe the Capital Cup..........................oh wait

Gregory House M.D.

What's your thoughts on Gary Oliver going out on loan?

It's a woeful move for Hearts and Oliver.

Yours?

I guess it would be boring if we all agreed on everything mate.

Acording to Soccerbase, Sturridge has scored 72 goals in 106 competitive club starts. That's a record that's quite hard to argue with tbf.

Archived