Israel starts ground offensive in Gaza.

Eckauskas

deesidejambo

There are UN in there. For humanitarian reasons though.

Israel are bombing them too.

I know that - I meant UN peacekeepers - military inrtervention. Where are they?

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alwaysthereinspirit

I know that - I meant UN peacekeepers - military inrtervention. Where are they?

UN (real) Peacekeepers in Muslim countries are limited in numbers and where they can be from due to religious issues.

The short blue fuse paper is already lit. UN Peacekeepers getting hurt or killed would only make matters worse. Only a ceasefire can help right now.

deesidejambo

UN (real) Peacekeepers in Muslim countries are limited in numbers and where they can be from due to religious issues.

The short blue fuse paper is already lit. UN Peacekeepers getting hurt or killed would only make matters worse. Only a ceasefire can help right now.

So - agree a ceasefire, put UN Peacekeepers in between the two parties. Thats what happens everywhere else in localised conflicts. The UN Security Council should be resolving on this. The ironic thing is that Israel will probably agree to this once they have cleared out their 3km-wide strip of land, i.e. it will be too late.

maroonlegions

War crime and in plain view of the world.Wonder if those defending or trying to justify these acts of butchery and inhumanity would be so self righteous and cold bloodied if it were their kids and families getting the shoite bombed out of them, no fecking chance eh, spin or no spin ,these are acts of cold bloodied psychopaths with one aim of genocide.Putting religious and political differences to one side the murder of so many children is way beyond collateral damage or the sneaky spin of "opps, sorry, bombed wrong building" or they were shielding terrorists.The whole world is condeming this and the UN, USA and the UK do feck all.

http://youtu.be/G5M7bGvL6qU

Arseholes have called up 16,000 reservists and have said they are going to expand their operations.

Gaza is doomed and we're all just letting it happen because the Yanks are best buds with the Zionists.

What's going on in Gaza is no doubt horrendous but there have been conflicts in recent memory that have had far larger humanitarian consequences but not received the same amount of public outcry or demands for international intervention. Wars in The Congo and Darfur immediately spring to mind. I find it this quite interesting, I'm guessing the level of media coverage has a large part to play.

The Real Maroonblood

Arseholes have called up 16,000 reservists and have said they are going to expand their operations.

Gaza is doomed and we're all just letting it happen because the Yanks are best buds with the Zionists.

Very well put.

The West's inaction makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. It shows that the power of these people in our corrupt little shithole governments is absolute.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Pretty strong words relatively from the US about the UN shelter bombing.

Cameron & co crawling up the arses of the big kid in the playground, yet again. Spineless morons.

It's shameful stuff.

Ibrahim Tall

It's strange how all this talk of rockets has suddenly died down around the same time airlines stopped flying to Tel Aviv and been replaced by "tunnels". Weird coincidence I suppose.

Having been proactive in the collapse of Iraq,

the West if you like is now predictability silent

concerning the hell on earth events unfolding for Christians in Mosul.

The streets of London fill with thousands on parade marching against Israel?s military operation in Gaza,

the Western powers pump rhetoric against Russia and their separatists in Ukraine.

But of Iraq there is next to nothing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Having been proactive in the collapse of Iraq,

the West if you like is now predictability silent

concerning the hell on earth events unfolding for Christians in Mosul.

The streets of London fill with thousands on parade marching against Israel?s military operation in Gaza,

the Western powers pump rhetoric against Russia and their separatists in Ukraine.

But of Iraq there is next to nothing.

And why is that relevant to what is actually happening in Gaza?

Malinga the Swinga

More power to the IDF. They realise they have their enemies and they will not stop until they destroy them. There is no point in stopping now because the war will simply start up again in about 6 months once Hamas stock up on missiles. Virtually all Arab countries want Hamas destroyed and the quicker it is done, the quicker peace, or some sort of peace will be possible.

A few hundred protesters in the West aren't going to change Israel's minds, but it does get the protesters faces on TV, and they get to feel important about themselves, so each to their own.

Humanitarian Ceasefire agreed unconditionaly between Hamas and Israel for 72 hours unless extended. Starting 1st August. Let's hope and pray it lasts. All troops to stay in position and restrain from exchanging fire.

Humanitarian Ceasefire agreed unconditionaly between Hamas and Israel for 72 hours unless extended. Starting 1st August. Let's hope and pray it lasts. All troops to stay in position and restrain from exchanging fire.

Doesn't look like it's lasted very long.

Malcolm Tucker

More power to the IDF. They realise they have their enemies and they will not stop until they destroy them. There is no point in stopping now because the war will simply start up again in about 6 months once Hamas stock up on missiles. Virtually all Arab countries want Hamas destroyed and the quicker it is done, the quicker peace, or some sort of peace will be possible.

A few hundred protesters in the West aren't going to change Israel's minds, but it does get the protesters faces on TV, and they get to feel important about themselves, so each to their own.

So their enemies that need destroyed include defenseless, innocent, civilian women and children?

They shouldn't stop murdering kids because of the possibility of another attack?

Cool.

Has the ceasefire been broken already?

It's collapsed totally. Fighting back on, both sides blaming one another for the failure.

Chris Benoit

It's collapsed totally. Fighting back on, both sides blaming one another for the failure.

Just got an update on my phone from Sky News saying Israeli military claiming soldiers "feared" capture during operations.

Chris Benoit

Just got an update on my phone from Sky News saying Israeli military claiming soldiers "feared" capture during operations.

BBC saying Israel think a soldier has been kidnapped. 27 dead in subsequent shelling.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Israel will always find someone to fight with. As a country its been stuck in that mindset for years. Plays the victim card at the drop of the hat, while at the same time bombing little kids.

Hamas does need replaced but what Israel wants is a supine authority which it can bully and take liberties with (not to mention land off) without any repercussions - because that's how Israel operates.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This here:

Sky News Newsdesk ?@SkyNewsBreak 2m

More

Reuters: the United Nations has urged Palestinians parties to reaffirm their commitment to the #Gaza truce

is part of the problem. Rather than issuing pointless statements, maybe the UN could actually do something meaningful. It's like the ***** like Cameron who say "we need an immediate ceasefire." Oh aye, good plan. Any ideas on how to implement one? Er, no.

BBC saying Israel think a soldier has been kidnapped. 27 dead in subsequent shelling.

Can anyone explain how this is being reported everywhere using words like kidnapped and seized, surely as it's a combat zone he is a prisoner of war?

UN limited in what it can do because of powerful vetos in security council. Veto holders US, UK and perhaps to lesser extent Russia all back Israel. Over the killing of children. People power could change that but Israel probably knows when to stop and then it will be forgotton.

Having said that I still haven't forgotten the invasion of Lebanon in 2005 when Blair's government failed to condemn the killing of civilians. Familiar. Smart phones and all the pictures changing the dynamic a bit though. Isrsel will regret this. Change or die? Not likely.

alwaysthereinspirit

Can anyone explain how this is being reported everywhere using words like kidnapped and seized, surely as it's a combat zone he is a prisoner of war?

Prisoner of war? Hamas is a terrorist group. Remember the 70's and 80's in Ulster. If an IRA member was killed by British troops it was murder. If they killed a British soldier it was an act of war.

Cake and eat it too.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hamas are Terrorist scum who need destroyed ASAP.

After that, what will we do with Israel?

Chris Benoit

Hamas are Terrorist scum who need destroyed ASAP.

How is bombing schools and hospitals going to achieve that?

After that, what will we do with Israel?

Hopefully let them live in peace without fear of people wanting to destroy them.

Not going to happen though.

How is bombing schools and hospitals going to achieve that?

19 dead in a building containing 3300 people.

0.5%

Yet people think they actively targeted it :lol:

There would be 3300 dead if they wanted to attack the school / refuge.

The left wing propaganda boaby is being taken well in this thread.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hopefully let them live in peace without fear of people wanting to destroy them.

:lol:

"Wipe Israel of the map" is the equalivalent of Blair's "deploy weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes".

:lol:

"Wipe Israel of the map" is the equalivalent of Blair's "deploy weapons of mass destruction within 45 minutes".

It's really not though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

0.5%

I don't think anyone thinks Israel deliberately targeted the kids but they're killing hundreds of them in totally disproportionate fashion and they're doing it with impunity.

My person view is that the Israeli government think Palastians are rats and probably quite enjoy seeing all the carnage in Gaza.

I don't think anyone thinks Israel deliberately targeted the kids but they're killing hundreds of them in totally disproportionate fashion and they're doing it with impunity.

My person view is that the Israeli government think Palastians are rats and probably quite enjoy seeing all the carnage in Gaza.

Yet the way it's reported and spoke about by many on here its as if it was meant.

Who they trying to kid FFS.

Israel have the power to turn said refuge in to dust killing all 3300 if they want.

Folk swallow it up though.

Chris Benoit

0.5%

1400 dead with up to 80% being civilians since the hostilities began.

1400 dead with up to 80% being civilians since the hostilities began.

Horrible. Absolutely.

As Moogsy pointed out there's been far worse in the past elsewhere.

But no outcry then. Funny that.

The propaganda being swallowed does my head in.

Malcolm Tucker

Horrible. Absolutely.

Hamas are a terrible group that need stopped, no-one can deny that.

But IDF's tactic of "we'll just chuck bombs all over the place with total disregard for civilians in the hope that we kill some of Hamas" is the shameful, and pretty disgusting thing here.

No-one is saying Hamas are a great bunch of lads, quite the very opposite, but I think this has gone so far that Israel is now just using them as an excuse to destroy Gaza. And they won't be stopped, as the people in power are happy to sit by and watch it. Their minds have been made up.

Chris Benoit

Horrible. Absolutely.

"First they came........."

The Kidnapped IDF soldier has dual nationality British/Israeli.

Is this any different to, say, an ISIS member being from Britain?

Not a go at you Dannie Boy, just using your info to ask my question.

alwaysthereinspirit

Is this any different to, say, an ISIS member being from Britain?

Not a go at you Dannie Boy, just using your info to ask my question.

Do you believe an Israeli IDF soldier is the same as an ISIS "soldier"

Malinga the Swinga

Two hours Hamas waited till attacking in Israel during what was a supposed cease fire, yet people here and in the UK believe all their propaganda about being defenceless and under attack. No negotiating with a terrorist group, and Israel should not stop till they are wiped out.

Hamas have had loads of chances to gain peace but they simply won't, not can't, but won't.

Archived