Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

WorldChampions1902

Looks to me that our wage cap has put him off signing for longer than a year.

Great for our team and our finances!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson

Looks more likely to me that we only offered a year.

Its on 1 or 2 of these SPFL rumour sites as well which to be fair, are normally right. Dont suspect there is much in it for Sky to sex up a slow Friday night by peddling a rumour about us.

heartsfc_fan

Good stuff if its true.

Our central midfield options are stronger than last year.

Gomis

Bauben

Robinson

Holt

Beith

Rudolf's Mate
One year deal.

My guess is we go up he stays we stay down he leaves.

Probably the most likely tbh.

WorldChampions1902

Looks more likely to me that we only offered a year.

Great for our team!

Great for our finances!

Fxxx the SPFL

Will wait till scarf above the head or official announcement before i get excited

WorldChampions1902

Will wait till scarf above the head or official announcement before i get excited

You need to pop into Spiers's (hotbed of Hobbits) as it's currently the hot topic there.

Fxxx the SPFL

You need to pop into Spiers's (hotbed of Hobbits) as it's currently the hot topic there.

try and avoid spiers even although its only two hundred yards from the hoose prefer Starbank or Chain Pier and any boozers in Stockbridge.

WorldChampions1902

try and avoid spiers even although its only two hundred yards from the hoose prefer Starbank or Chain Pier and any boozers in Stockbridge.

LOL! Good choices!

Back to 2005

Wage cap? I think Bauben is doing well for himself playing for a club of our stature.

I like the thought of Gomis and Buaben controlling the midfield and sending the youngsters on there way with some tidy passes.

Let the youngsters do all the running and express themselves.

RenfrewHearts

Interesting its a 1 year deal in comparison to the 3 year deals for the rest.

Decent signing nonetheless.

Wage cap? I think Bauben is doing well for himself playing for a club of our stature.

Agree. Good deal for both parties. He will do a job for us in this league providing he is fit. But from his point of view, this is has to be a very good move

stevie HMFC

Out starting eleven is looking very very good. I feel at the moment the difference between us and the Huns is Kris Boyd.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Oh that's good news.

Skatchul people will be out on force with this.

Is this the patter now aye? Spelling Rudi's name wrong? Brilliant. :vrface:

Back on topic, great signing, very pleased with that. :thumbsup:

Maybe the staff need to be complemented on their powers of negotiation. They probably played heavy on the improve your fitness/prove yourself again for a longer deal/put yourself in the shop window angle, also the fact he must realise he was at Partick recently and be a bit realistic with himself.

heartsfc_fan

Getting players like Gomis, Alexander and Buaben in. Plus the two lads from abroad and getting talent like Nicholson to sign up long term - this is only a good thing. Somebody must be doing the right thing in the background. Levein? Whoever has orchestrated these deals deserves a pat on the back.

We are a couple of experienced players away from challenging Rangers.

Out starting eleven is looking very very good. I feel at the moment the difference between us and the Huns is Kris Boyd.

A wee ACL would be nice

Fantastic - our midfield will be like night and day compared with last season. I doubt anyone can say that we haven't improved upon Hammil and Stevenson.

Our defence already looks mended.

Just one more striker....

...and even then El Hass might just be our unknown secret weapon in that respect.

heartsfc_fan

This. I don't think the best defence or midfield both teams can field are much different in terms of quality.

Delighted. Never imagined we'd have Gomis and the fresh Prince in our midfield this season. Experienced SPL cup winning players.

A couple of players more should see us ok. Although, I feel that there will be players from the youth team, who are unknown to sone of us, that may break into the team like Nicholson did last season.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

This is a bad signing. Levein looking back to his past rather a forward thinking signing, like say Rudi Skacel

rudi must stay

Doubt it'll be a one year deal. Will be atleast 3 years. I think Sky have jumped the gun

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Saw el hassnaoui and ozturk in the shops earlier 2 big lads!

Fez the best player though?

My concern is the lack of a goal threat. Hopefully be proved wrong though.

Don't think that's necessarily true. Keatings scored 18 for Hamilton last season.

Carrick showed us at the end of last season that he can score a few.

Paterson is a goal threat even from RB.

We don't know about Hassnaoui yet.

Walker, Nicholson will chip in with a few I'm sure.

rudi must stay

Don't think that's necessarily true. Keatings scored 18 for Hamilton last season.

Carrick showed us at the end of last season that he can score a few.

Paterson is a goal threat even from RB.

We don't know about Hassnaoui yet.

Walker, Nicholson will chip in with a few I'm sure.

Oliver could get some goals too, and i've read Neilson saying some very complimentary things about him, so he could be heavily involved next year

Good signing but makes me wonder what our first choice midfield will look like?

Robinson and Holt both play in CM so it looks like there will be good competition in there. Can only be a good thing I suppose.

Oliver could get some goals too, and i've read Neilson saying some very complimentary things about him, so he could be heavily involved next year

Glad to hear it. Was tempted to mention him as he scored last week in the friendly. Hope he can kick on. We are a bit short of experience up front though which is my only concern.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

El Sid would have to be the main front man for me, if it's going to be a 1. Buaben won't bring goals, nor Gomis, nor Holt. After a good start I'm losing patience. I hope this is not leveins idea of a forward area player

El Sid would have to be the main front man for me, if it's going to be a 1. Buaben won't bring goals, nor Gomis, nor Holt. After a good start I'm losing patience. I hope this is not leveins idea of a forward area player

Holt needs to add goals to his game if he wants to play the number 10 position. Him adding goals to his game could be the difference between him really making it in football (reaching the one of the top leagues In world) or settling for an English championship level. Paterson was quite prolific at the end of he season from right back. I think there is plenty goals in our team. Buaben and Gomis have been brought in to do the really dirty work which free'a our front 4 and full backs.

If we start the season as we are and maybe sign a forward and goalkeeper as well I for one will be very pleased

maroonshrew

I think goals from around the park has been a problem for us for years. The likes of Holt, Walker, Nicholson, Smith, Robinson and now Buaben and Gomis need to chip in. If they scored 1 or 2 last year they need to look to 4 or 5. If none last year then look for 1-2.

Wee Scotty Robinson won't be getting much of a look in now. Maybe Robbie is picking on him........

He will prove to be a very good signing.

He is only 26, his best years are ahead of him, and for him to be given a big chance at a club like ours to form that partnership he had with Gomis at Dundee Utd, fills me with optimism.

Our team is shaping up nicely, a couple more additions maybe? Definitely need another GK.

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian, Prince.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Lets go crazy! Only a one year deal but I guess that's a sign of the times

Yep - we can't simply pretend it's 1999 after all.

Gorgie_Rules

A partnership of Bauben and Gomis in front of the back four with Holt Nicholson and Walker running the show sounds good to me. If El Hassanoui, Keatings or Carrick get off to a flyer we could be in very good shape

Archived