Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

My mate was talking to him last night and he's still not signed

Said he wasn't giving anything away but has mentioned the money on offer

Weird one though as the way Neilson has been talking even today it sounds like a done deal...

I wonder if we are trying to use the budget to cover Buaben and Sow deals?

Also heard that Buaben had been really impressed with Uiterloo and can't believe we haven't offered him a deal yet

I heard uiterloo isn't that impressive.

Time will tell though but I don't see us offering him a deal.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On our budget and with his previous experience and understanding with Gomis he would be a great addition

This.

Anyone that suggests he would be last in the pecking order is off their heads.

He is a quality SPL level player, never mind championship.

His understanding with Gomis could be really important.

We need strength in depth and players fighting for their position in the team.

Maybe this will get a reaction out of Robinson for the better as he was pretty much guaranteed a start last season even though his performances were not good enough for the majority.

Difference is #******, i'm not being a devious *****.

Just an abusive little princess.

Jog on.

fabienleclerq

This. We already have Holt, Robinson, Gomis and Beith who can play that midfield role. 4 players to potentially fill 2 roles IMO (5 if you include A Scott) so won't lose sleep if we miss this one. Keatings, Smith or El Hass will fill the AM/supporting role, so for me another striker or 2 is more important to us. Beyond that another GK and another CH would be spot on.

If buaben signs he'll be ahead of holt, Robinson etc. the only midfielder ahead of him will be Gomis.

Would love to have Buaben at the club. Means if we play 3 in midfield will give Holt/Robinson more freedom to attack which is something they both have the ability to do. Also it will cause competition in midfield which can only be a good thing.

RenfrewHearts

Angus Beith looks like a really tidy player aswell, looking forward to seeing him develop.

gashauskis9

If buaben signs he'll be ahead of holt, Robinson etc. the only midfielder ahead of him will be Gomis.

It's a selection headache I welcome.

Think Buaben and Gomis will sit in front of the back four with three in front and one up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

I don't agree but if he does sign we'd need to see what Neilson thinks. I wouldn't expect an occasional player for Partick to overtake two of our best young players.

I wouldn't expect an occasional player for Partick to overtake two of our best young players.

He wasn't an occasional player for Partick. He joined them in the January window and played every game after that. I do not see him starting every game for Hearts if he does sign.

However, for someone who started off in the Ajax Academy his career has certainly taken a dive of late...

2006/07 - Ajax 2

2007/08 - Dundee United - 24 games

2008/09- Dundee United - 22 games

2009/10- Dundee United - 34 games

2010/11- Dundee United - 35 games

2011/12 - Watford - 30 games

2012/13 -Watford - 1 game

2013/14 - Carlisle United - 12 games

2014 -Partick Thistle [loan] - 11 games

He wasn't an occasional player for Partick. He joined them in the January window and played every game after that. I do not see him starting every game for Hearts if he does sign.

However, for someone who started off in the Ajax Academy his career has certainly taken a dive of late...

2006/07 - Ajax 2

2007/08 - Dundee United - 24 games

2008/09- Dundee United - 22 games

2009/10- Dundee United - 34 games

2010/11- Dundee United - 35 games

2011/12 - Watford - 30 games

2012/13 -Watford - 1 game

2013/14 - Carlisle United - 12 games

2014 -Partick Thistle [loan] - 11 games

Now, I've not checked every game since January, but I'd say there was more than 11.

I'd point out he didn't play against us at Tynecastle either.

Gene Parmesan

Now, I've not checked every game since January, but I'd say there was more than 11.

I'd point out he didn't play against us at Tynecastle either.

I've checked.

9 starts and two subs in 15 games.

I'll be happy when Prince signs, but I think Holt is the better player.

Imagine it will be confirmation of Sow signing? Was apparently at Tynie for talks yesterday.

Prince Buaben has become Hearts' sixth signing of the summer after agreeing terms with the club.

Article continues

Advertisement

The Ghanaian <a class="itxtrst itxtrsta itxthook" href="http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20140717/prince-signs-up_2241384_3995124#" id="itxthook0" rel="nofollow" style="color: rgb(136, 0, 41); text-decoration: none; padding: 0px; left: auto; right: auto; top: auto; bottom: auto; border: 0px none transparent; text-align: left; font-family: inherit; display: inline; cursor: pointer; float: none !important; margin: 0px !important; position: static !important; background-image: none; background-color: transparent;">midfielder signs on at Tynecastle for twelve months after impressing during his two week pre-season stint, as head coach Robbie Neilson continues to build his Championship squad.

No stranger to Scottish football following five years in the top flight with Dundee United and Partick Thistle, Prince links-up once again with his old Tannadice partner-in-crime Morgaro Gomis and Robbie feels that his experience will be invaluable to his side.

Speaking exclusively to Hearts News, Robbie said: "It's great that Prince has put pen to paper. He's been at training for the last two weeks and he's played a few games for us.

"He's looking good and he's a top player. He's played in the SPL for a long time and he's played in England at a very high level so I'm pleased to get him.

"He gives us a bit of strength in there. We've got some good options now in the middle of the field. He's a good character as well.

"He hadn't done a pre-season after he finished up last season so I just wanted to see where he was and he's a fit guy.

"If this is the condition he's in, having only trained for just over a week, then I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get out of him in two or three weeks time."

rossthejambo

Top work from the Social Media/PR folk getting a photo made up for the Klaxon now :lol:

Archived