Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

Dr. Bapswent

Without him being fit it must be hard to be confident in what you are getting from the player.

Clearly we want him, but want to see him fit.

Hopefully RN has seen more of what he needs and we can get a signature, if not now, very soon.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be worth a punt. We have another 3/4 friendlies as well the double sessions shouldn't take him long to get up to speed.

The whole fitness thing doesn't make sense. There's plenty of time for him to get fit from now until the season opener.

Unless he's using this to make an example to the rest of the squad, and potential signings, that he expects 100 % commitment and no slacking will be accepted.

Craig Levein on Twitter tonight saying hopefully Buaben will sign soon.

I can't see anything that suggests that.

I can't see anything that suggests that.

It was a reply to a poster asking about Buaben 'joining the revival'.

Holyrood_Hearts

CL hopeful of Buaben signing & getting another forward in according to his twitter account

Got you now. Thanks for that, good news.

He's also said 1 more striker will be coming in.

The whole fitness thing doesn't make sense. There's plenty of time for him to get fit from now until the season opener.

Unless he's using this to make an example to the rest of the squad, and potential signings, that he expects 100 % commitment and no slacking will be accepted.

How did his fitness look in the game?

He's also said 1 more striker will be coming in.

Was it defo a WILL be coming in or was it a maybe or hopefully?

I find it an odd one that we haven't signed another keeper.

And that we let Ridgers go.

Yep, it's bizarre. I really hope they know what they're doing.

Teuchterjambo

I suspect that they think that Hamilton is ready to step up as back up and should improve further all the time. Signing a decent standard keeper who is not going to be first choice will be very difficult and relatively costly and hinder Hamilton's development.They are probably happy with Alexander and Hamilton and rather than spend the cash on a third keeper they will bank on being allowed to sign somebody on loan if we suffer bad injuries in that department ... plenty of precedent for that.

tartofmidlothian

Maybe there are question marks over Prince's ability to graft? Maybe it's we know you've got ability, come in for a week, show us you can work your socks off and we'll take it from there.

Not casting doubt on his professionalism, just speculating with no foundation.

Refreshing our DoF is taking question whom I assume are just fans.

Hope he does not get overwhelmed though.

Dr. Bapswent

I do hope that if one slight comment, hint or remark that CL makes on Twitter is not upheld 100% that he gets dogs abuse and pelters for being full of shit and the fans are allowed to hold protests with knicker twisting and teeth gnashing.... thats only fair.

I think the aim will be to stretch the budget as far as it will go without hindering the standards required therefore making it difficult to gauge how many new recruits there will be still to come. I would imagine that even with buabin signing they will still be looking to strengthen every position where possible and within that budget.

WeeToonJambo

How did his fitness look in the game?

He was only on fo about half an hour but I thought he looked ok. Got about the park and looked good on the ball.

So we are all agreed that Bauben and Gomis are Robbie signings........................... :rolleyes2:

:naughty:

ford donald

Fair play to CL&RN they want to make sure their heads and commitment is in the right place.trust them.

If you are allowed an emergency signing outwith the transfer window, it is for a keeper.

Unknown user

I'm reading the situation as this- Hearts want Buaben and are hoping to persuade him to take a relatively low paid deal in the championship using the facilities, spirit in training and Edinburgh the city as the carrot.

I'm reading the situation as this- Hearts want Buaben and are hoping to persuade him to take a relatively low paid deal in the championship using the facilities, spirit in training and Edinburgh the city as the carrot.

Sounds like it.

jamboinglasgow

@ScotlandSky: Sky Sources - Hearts sign Prince Buaben on a one year deal.

Happy with that, though wonder who wanted i to be a one year deal more, us or him.

Happy with that, though wonder who wanted i to be a one year deal more, us or him.

Probably find it's a one year deal with an option to extend it.

@ScotlandSky: Sky Sources - Hearts sign Prince Buaben on a one year deal.

Kind of tells me we are maybe taking a risk with him.Give him the chance to get back to what he was and then see how it goes and if not we offload.

jamboinglasgow

Probably find it's a one year deal with an option to extend it.

Part of me thinks that its Buaben who wants a 1 year contract, get back to your best, get your name out there and get a big contract at another club next season. But agree that an option probably is in the contract.

RedStarRiot

Part of me thinks that its Buaben who wants a 1 year contract, get back to your best, get your name out there and get a big contract at another club next season. But agree that an option probably is in the contract.

If that's the case then great. Means he will be putting the effort in and more chance of going up

Relatively low risk signing given Levein knows him and he has been in Scotland before, Obviously proved fitness over the last week.

Its important we have known quantities as well as guys that are untried in Scotland and uncertain to fit in with the style of game here. We cant afford to be sitting in December with all our new signings on the bench or out the team. They need to make an immediate impact I am hopeful that the majority will do so.

Has it been confirmed yet?

Sky Sports twitter said their sources 'understand'.

If true then we're shaping up very nicely. Him and gomis could boss that division, including the vermin and rangers.

jamboinglasgow

Has it been confirmed yet?

Sky Sports twitter said their sources 'understand'.

Nothing except sky, will hold my full celebration until I see it confirmed by Hearts.

Archived