Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

Fair enough - but this is a scenario where I kind of worry that Sevco might come along and offer him an extra grand a week before he signs...just because...

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kingantti1874

Fair enough - but this is a scenario where I kind of worry that Sevco might come along and offer him an extra grand a week before he signs...just because...

If they do they do.. Players have to fit into set criteria and I hope we stick to it

Fxxx the SPFL

As JJ and HMFC1874 have alluded to about Bauben signing next week i would thought that IF it is down to fitness he can't do a lot in a week surely to prove anything other than to knuckle down and do extra traing over and above the rest of the squad that would show his commitment.

According to Neilson we only need 1 more in. I hope this is mind games as we need more than 1 more signing in my opinion.

We_are_the_Hearts

1 more signing would be fine by me, no point in investing in the Academy only to keep blocking kids progress.............it's important the likes of Smith, Beith, McGhee and Oliver are on the fringes and don't stagnate. We now have a solid looking core in Alexander, Wilson, Alim and Gomis (El Hassni to come in soon) plus our talented youngsters like Paterson, Holt, Walker and Nicholson.

Yet again, I'm impressed with the noises of our new management team. If you want to sign for us, you need to work hard and prove to us you can improve your fitness. I'm really enjoying the direction this club is heading.

I can't see one more signing being enough. All it needs is a few injuries and we are thin on the ground. I thought someone posted here his reliable source said we were signing 4 more players??

1 more signing would be fine by me, no point in investing in the Academy only to keep blocking kids progress.............it's important the likes of Smith, Beith, McGhee and Oliver are on the fringes and don't stagnate. We now have a solid looking core in Alexander, Wilson, Alim and Gomis (El Hassni to come in soon) plus our talented youngsters like Paterson, Holt, Walker and Nicholson.

So who is going to play in goals if Alexander gets injured?

I can't see one more signing being enough. All it needs is a few injuries and we are thin on the ground. I thought someone posted here his reliable source said we were signing 4 more players??

We are still a bit skint don't forget.

Gomis is in the paper today saying both them where offered contracts at the same time and he hopes Prince Bauben does sign too. Either he's talking shite or it's a 2-way kind of trial at the moment.

We won't be winning any league with the current squad and still need at least another 3. We let 5 first team players go ffs! One knock for Alexander and the goalkeeping situation would become farcical.

We won't be winning any league with the current squad and still need at least another 3. We let 5 first team players go ffs! One knock for Alexander and the goalkeeping situation would become farcical.

We won't be in any position to win the league with 3 more players either. Rangers have a much better first team and squad than us.

We won't be in any position to win the league with 3 more players either. Rangers have a much better first team and squad than us.

Aye,ok Ally

Northwich Jambo

Was at game on Sunday, and hanging round to get autograph from Levein at end of game..He was speaking to Prince Buaben's agent and thanking him for attending game , clearly heard him say " definately keen to take a longer look at him, somebody will call him tomorrow and we can progress from there" Take from that what you will !!!!

The Fluorescent Zebra

Was at game on Sunday, and hanging round to get autograph from Levein at end of game..He was speaking to Prince Buaben's agent and thanking him for attending game , clearly heard him say " definately keen to take a longer look at him, somebody will call him tomorrow and we can progress from there" Take from that what you will !!!!

I take from that quote that they wanted to extend the trial, which they have done so. Nothing more.

Aye,ok Ally

?? Nothing like a bit of blind optimism I agree, but we are setting ourselves up for a fall the way a lot of people are over estimating how good our squad actually is in comparison to Rangers.

We_are_the_Hearts

?? Nothing like a bit of blind optimism I agree, but we are setting ourselves up for a fall the way a lot of people are over estimating how good our squad actually is in comparison to Rangers.

This the same Rangers squad that got beat 3-1 by Dundee Utd and 1-0 by Raith Rovers in the only big games they played last season? They are their for the taking as have a manager who seems to be unable to motivate or improve players. Individually they have achieved more, but with hunger, pace, team spirit and organisation we can compete.

This the same Rangers squad that got beat 3-1 by Dundee Utd and 1-0 by Raith Rovers in the only big games they played last season? They are their for the taking as have a manager who seems to be unable to motivate or improve players. Individually they have achieved more, but with hunger, pace, team spirit and organisation we can compete.

No, that was a different Rangers who have added Miller, Boyd, Zal and McGregor. Dundee Utd where also well better than us last season.

Fair enough if you think that, but I'm less than convinced and although it sounds negative i'm worried the more people actually think we will compete with them over a season the more I feel are letting themselves in for a fall and that's when the support will get on the teams back.

Personally I think over a season we will be second by a mile but there is no way we will be consistent enough to win the League.

We_are_the_Hearts

No, that was a different Rangers who have added Miller, Boyd, Zal and McGregor. Dundee Utd where also well better than us last season.

Fair enough if you think that, but I'm less than convinced and although it sounds negative i'm worried the more people actually think we will compete with them over a season the more I feel are letting themselves in for a fall and that's when the support will get on the teams back.

Personally I think over a season we will be second by a mile but there is no way we will be consistent enough to win the League.

Time will tell, has Zal signed?

Due to a number of factors there is no guarantee that the rangers will be consistent over the season either though.

Told you Prince Buaben done deal will be announced next week

Any more gossip of who the GK, other Midfielder or Striker maybe? ;)

Due to a number of factors there is no guarantee that the rangers will be consistent over the season either though.

Factors such as Boyd and Miller almost guarantee they will.

Kenny Miller is about 70.

Boyd is a great striker and will score goals. But he cant carry a team to a title. He only carried Kilmarnock just above the relegation spot last season.

You ignore just how bad a manager McCoist is. The Rangers squad has been the second most expensive squad in Scotland's 4 leagues since they started off in the 3rd division.

How many cups have they won? How many semi finals? They have played in 6 knock out cup competitions.

If the cost of their squad and "SPL" level players was all that mattered The Rangers should have got the final of one of the 2 major cups by now. Jeez - they even got a home draw in last seasons semi final and couldnt get through.

Seriously overrated.

scott_jambo

Boyd is a great striker and will score goals. But he cant carry a team to a title. He only carried Kilmarnock just above the relegation spot last season.

You ignore just how bad a manager McCoist is. The Rangers squad has been the second most expensive squad in Scotland's 4 leagues since they started off in the 3rd division.

How many cups have they won? How many semi finals? They have played in 6 knock out cup competitions.

If the cost of their squad and "SPL" level players was all that mattered The Rangers should have got the final of one of the 2 major cups by now. Jeez - they even got a home draw in last seasons semi final and couldnt get through.

Seriously overrated.

You almost convinced me.

Until I realised Kenny Miller isn't actually 70. He's 34.

Seriously overrated.

He wouldn't have to carry them to the title, they also have Daly and Clark up front. Miller will piss this league. Anyone saying otherwise then, for not a lot really, say Keattings is a great signing baffles me.

Why would it be relevant how many cups they have won? They are in the second tier of Scottish Football they don't have to have a Premier League winning or even challenging squad.

McCoist may be a terrible manager. We ourselves have no idea how good our head coach is either.

It's nothing to do about the cost of their side either. They have a much better first 11 than the rest of the league and a much stronger squad.

I'm anything but pro Rangers but my main concern is it's went from last season with low expectation getting right behind the players where anything was a bonus to an outrageously high expectation where many think we will be better than Rangers or challenging for the title and if this doesn't happen as some are imagining it could lead to abuse on the sidelines and arguing all over the shop. There's many on here who with the squad we have would easily make the top 6 in the Premier League based on absolutely nothing at all.

My view on the squad is we have a young, raw, talented squad with it all to prove and although I have high expectations of where we could be in 3-4 years time this will take time and patience to get there. I don't expect us to win the league or challenge - I expect us to come together more of a team, improve in the consistency stakes and build on what we started towards the end of last season and more progression this season. If we make the Playoff Final I'll be absolutely delighted because it will mean steady progress and we can again build on that again the next again season.

He wouldn't have to carry them to the title, they also have Daly and Clark up front. Miller will piss this league. Anyone saying otherwise then, for not a lot really, say Keattings is a great signing baffles me.

Why would it be relevant how many cups they have won? They are in the second tier of Scottish Football they don't have to have a Premier League winning or even challenging squad.

McCoist may be a terrible manager. We ourselves have no idea how good our head coach is either.

It's nothing to do about the cost of their side either. They have a much better first 11 than the rest of the league and a much stronger squad.

I'm anything but pro Rangers but my main concern is it's went from last season with low expectation getting right behind the players where anything was a bonus to an outrageously high expectation where many think we will be better than Rangers or challenging for the title and if this doesn't happen as some are imagining it could lead to abuse on the sidelines and arguing all over the shop. There's many on here who with the squad we have would easily make the top 6 in the Premier League based on absolutely nothing at all.

My view on the squad is we have a young, raw, talented squad with it all to prove and although I have high expectations of where we could be in 3-4 years time this will take time and patience to get there. I don't expect us to win the league or challenge - I expect us to come together more of a team, improve in the consistency stakes and build on what we started towards the end of last season and more progression this season. If we make the Playoff Final I'll be absolutely delighted because it will mean steady progress and we can again build on that again the next again season.

Sorry mate but me thinks you protest too much

I'm all for serious debate but you are trying just a little too hard putting forward the case for the Hun

Who are you trying to convince here mate

We might win the league next year, we might not

But to suggest we don't have a chance and that Rangers are streets a head with a far higher standard of player is total nonsense

We have a real chance next year, of that there is absoloutley without doubt

Too many far too quick to dismiss our championship chances next season

Agendas on JKB .... Never

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Let's hope the players don't have your defeatist attitude. One of the best things about the early Romanov years was the team had no fear of the OF.

And even though we had a much lower paid squad than them we finished above them in 05/06 partly because of that.

Because we have less resources, the only way to challenge the OF is to first believe its possible to challenge them. If every team did that the OF would have a far leas easy time of things.

Or look at Costa Rica. They had italy, england and uruaguay in their group and finished top.

Sorry mate but me thinks you protest too much

I'm all for serious debate but you are trying just a little too hard putting forward the case for the Hun

Who are you trying to convince here mate

We might win the league next year, we might not

But to suggest we don't have a chance and that Rangers are streets a head with a far higher standard of player is total nonsense

We have a real chance next year, of that there is absoloutley without doubt

Too many far too quick to dismiss our championship chances next season

Agendas on JKB .... Never

Aye ok then. It's total nonsense then.

Let's hope the players don't have your defeatist attitude. One of the best things about the early Romanov years was the team had no fear of the OF.

And even though we had a much lower paid squad than them we finished above them in 05/06 partly because of that.

Because we have less resources, the only way to challenge the OF is to first believe its possible to challenge them. If every team did that the OF would have a far leas easy time of things.

I've not got a defeatist attitude. 05/06 we had a strong, experienced consistent side. Right now we have anything but.

It's also nothing to do with fear of the Old Firm. I'm just not in the camp of deluding myself into thinking a young inexperienced side that finished second bottom of the Premier League without the points deduction can construct a consistent title challenge at this stage against a side who has much more experienced, developed players who know how to win things.

Cups are relevant

Because sevco really really wanted to win one before they got back up to the SPL to prove they were still "simply the best".

Point being McCoist cant get the best out of what is in essence a top 6 SPL squad.

You almost convinced me.

Until I realised Kenny Miller isn't actually 70. He's 34.

Oh yeah, of course.

I'm getting confused, 70 is the number of goals this wee Musselborough magician is going to score this coming season...

Aye ok then. It's total nonsense then.

If we had Wallace Zaliukas Black and Templeton in our side next season are you saying we would win the league ?

If we had Wallace Zaliukas Black and Templeton in our side next season are you saying we would win the league ?

If you added Boyd to that then we would win the league defo.

heartsfc_fan

If you added Boyd to that then we would win the league defo.

IMO, but...

Gomis is better than Black and Nicholson on form is as good as Templeton.

Gregory House M.D.

IMO, but...

Gomis is better than Black and Nicholson on form is as good as Templeton.

:lol:

Nicholson is a far better footballer than purple-patch.

Tommy Wiseau

Cups are relevant

Because sevco really really wanted to win one before they got back up to the SPL to prove they were still "simply the best".

Point being McCoist cant get the best out of what is in essence a top 6 SPL squad.

They are less relevant because the players were in leagues that weren't testing them, though. The decline in someone like Lee Wallace was so noticeable against Dundee United 2 years ago - that's not really down to McCoist (as horrific a manager as he undoubtedly is). Guys like him, Black, Daly and Templeton have headroom to find when they play against better players regularly. Their squad is stronger than ours in every area.

They'll be a much tougher test than most on here are giving credit for - and I say that as someone who thinks we have a genuine chance of the league if we hit the ground running.

According to Neilson we only need 1 more in. I hope this is mind games as we need more than 1 more signing in my opinion.

Must admit I was a bit concerned when I read this too. Hopefully he means 1 midfielder. I'm hoping for at least a striker and CB too.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

I've not got a defeatist attitude. 05/06 we had a strong, experienced consistent side. Right now we have anything but.

It's also nothing to do with fear of the Old Firm. I'm just not in the camp of deluding myself into thinking a young inexperienced side that finished second bottom of the Premier League without the points deduction can construct a consistent title challenge at this stage against a side who has much more experienced, developed players who know how to win things.

The current Rangers team looks like a mid table SPL side - they're favourites but it's bot unrealistic to think we can't beat them or win the league. The ace on our pack should be a much better coaching system than mccoist and whoever his assistant is.

#141 Gregg Wallace

:spoton: Some folk need to realise we don`t have an endless pit of money to make signings with.

More like some posters wildly over-estimating the quality of any Rangers team managed by Aunt Sally.

Archived