Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

Juho Makela scored against Barcelona.

I was at that game when Juho scored I lol. Bauben was composed and it was a deliberate placed header beyond valdes in the video above. I rate bauben and would think he could still do a job @ only 26 and playing with his old comrade from DU.

I'm all for bauben signing should he chose too.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be delighted if Buaben signed.

I reckon him and Gomis would recapture their old CM partnership form they showed at UTD a couple of years ago. It would certainly put us in a very strong position if Buaben signed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Snake Plissken

Some people really need to get themselves a ride.

Here and WTF is a pretty boy look at me player?

:lol:

That post was pretty much indicative of everything that is wrong with the attitude Scottish football fans.

The types that decry patient build-up play in favour of "getting it up the park", dolts who'd rather see a slide tackle followed by a hoof than a team retaining possession. They're generally older, bitter types stuck in a mindset that the game left behind decades ago.

Franco Fascione

Some people really need to get themselves a ride.

Here and WTF is a pretty boy look at me player?

Kissie lips, fancy trainers?

Armageddon

If Bauben and Gomes can do one thing then that is taking the pressure of the young creative lads.

Both of them? Yes please.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Bauben and Gomes can do one thing then that is taking the pressure of the young creative lads.

Both of them? Yes please.

Scottish Cup winners mate. Just like Skacel and Webster were when they pitched up at Tynecastle again... we Ken how that worked out...

colinmaroon

:lol:

That post was pretty much indicative of everything that is wrong with the attitude Scottish football fans.

The types that decry patient build-up play in favour of "getting it up the park", dolts who'd rather see a slide tackle followed by a hoof than a team retaining possession. They're generally older, bitter types stuck in a mindset that the game left behind decades ago.

Your salvation lies in that word, you cheeky young scamp.

Jason Dufner

Would be a great signing. I'd be very happy signing him in the premiership so this is a no brainer.

People thinking we could do better is strange. Who would they rather?

Imagine a midfield three of Gomis, Buaben and Skacel. :sweeet:

Let's not. No pace based on what I can remember. Buaben was a cart horse against us last season, Rudi is 35, pace is not Gomis strength.

scott_jambo

Let's not. No pace based on what I can remember. Buaben was a cart horse against us last season, Rudi is 35, pace is not Gomis strength.

You're right. Lets buy Ivan Sproule. Run aboot loads.

Me and my mate Clezzy are on the same page. :spoton:

Clerry Jambo

You're right. Lets buy Ivan Sproule. Run aboot loads.

Me and my mate Clezzy are on the same page. :spoton:

Who the feck is clezzy, scotty

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Where does Holty and Pummy fit in? No fullbacks signed yet, still think it's a weak link and defensively we need stiffened

RenfrewHearts

Where does Holty and Pummy fit in? No fullbacks signed yet, still think it's a weak link and defensively we need stiffened

Liam Henderson is our first choice left back mate.

It's funny because even though I felt a lot of our problems in defence last season were down to locke's poor coaching and player selection I would still have said we needed to bring in more than one defender.

However Locke and Levein were both good defenders so you have to trust their judgement

On top of that it is exciting and possibly a statement of intent that we appear to be focussing so much on the attacking side of things...

scott_jambo

It's funny because even though I felt a lot of our problems in defence last season were down to locke's poor coaching and player selection I would still have said we needed to bring in more than one defender.

However Locke and Levein were both good defenders so you have to trust their judgement

On top of that it is exciting and possibly a statement of intent that we appear to be focussing so much on the attacking side of things...

I think it's weird that we didn't keep Dylan McGowan here as cover and I think it's weirder still if we don't sign any more defenders. McGowan was ahead of Brad Mackay for a reason.

Dylan McGowan is a chronic player. Gave his all for us I'll give him that but certainly not upset he's away.

Dylan McGowan is a chronic player. Gave his all for us I'll give him that but certainly not upset he's away.

Hung out to dry at right back by Locke for the most part.

Liam Henderson is our first choice left back mate.

Eh? What about mchattie?

scott_jambo

He improved after a dodgy start to the season and he's a good pro that can step in. Certainly good enough for championship level.

No doubt all our centre halves suffered with no experience in beside them. Dylan looks like a player that will do as he is told if he is partnered with a big experienced CB.

He improved after a dodgy start to the season and he's a good pro that can step in. Certainly good enough for championship level.

No doubt all our centre halves suffered with no experience in beside them. Dylan looks like a player that will do as he is told if he is partnered with a big experienced CB.

I know where your coming from but just feel we could do better, I like the way we are giving out 3 year deals to players who we want to keep when we are back in the prem, would this have applied to Dylan..not so sure.

scott_jambo

I know where your coming from but just feel we could do better, I like the way we are giving out 3 year deals to players who we want to keep when we are back in the prem, would this have applied to Dylan..not so sure.

I agree we could bring in better.

If we start the season with Wilson and Alim at CB and one or both get injured, then it's Mcghee and Mckay left to lead an inexperienced backline. (McHattie/Paterson).

MrWinningSmith

I'm looking forward to seeing him getting a run out against Hamilton on Wednesday :pleasing:

Our squad would be looking really strong if he signs. All we need after that is a striker, defender and possible a keeper if budget allows.

I think it's weird that we didn't keep Dylan McGowan here as cover and I think it's weirder still if we don't sign any more defenders. McGowan was ahead of Brad Mackay for a reason.

A few things here.

McGowan wanted to go home. As said in your later post, he did improve and was decent for us, I feel McKay had more potential, though. I think that the best of the lot is McGhee, we have two first team centre backs, two young centre backs and an emerging Liam Gordon. Another centre back is a bad signing, IMO.

Gregory House M.D.

Are people seriously suggesting signing Prince Buaben to play alongside Gomis is anything short of a good signing at this level? :cornette:

A Dundee United fan hearing about us signing Gomis:

"If they sign Buaben as well they'll stroll the championship"

fabienleclerq

A few things here.

McGowan wanted to go home. As said in your later post, he did improve and was decent for us, I feel McKay had more potential, though. I think that the best of the lot is McGhee, we have two first team centre backs, two young centre backs and an emerging Liam Gordon. Another centre back is a bad signing, IMO.

I'd agree with this, I'll add McGowan wasn't good enough and I'm not sure McKay is either. Out of the two, as above McKay has more potential.

Jambof3tornado

Are people seriously suggesting signing Prince Buaben to play alongside Gomis is anything short of a good signing at this level? :cornette:

its a good signing for the top flight too!

Bauben and Gomis practically owned us when they were in the SPL - and we had a more expensive squad than them.

Both players are now coming into their peak years.

Make no bones about it, they are both top 6 SPL level signings.

Surely no one is turning their nose up at him signing ? If he does sign then out centre midfield will be far stronger than I thought it would be for competing in the championship.

hmfc_liam06

My United supporting boss pretty much said the same thing.

Diadora Van Basten

Whilst Bauben would be a good signing, I would be concerned that there was no space for Holt or Robinson who did well for us last year.

In my opinion signing a left back should be a priority as I am think McHatties defending is suspect.

Whilst Bauben would be a good signing, I would be concerned that there was no space for Holt or Robinson who did well for us last year.

In my opinion signing a left back should be a priority as I am think McHatties defending is suspect.

There will be a space for Holt and Robinson, though. It's a team game and the whole 1st team squad will be used throughout the season. The more competition there is for places the better team we become, and I welcome that, especially after last season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So when he signs we'll have a Queen (Ann) a King and a Prince - just a princess to go and we've got the lot!

So when he signs we'll have a Queen (Ann) a King and a Prince - just a princess to go and we've got the lot!

We've had an Ace before 0,,10289~383510,00.jpg

Prince Buaben

Comeptition for Places is a good thing and it means that if one is injured or more likely suspended then there is an able replacement coming in.

Agree with the Left back although another defender in general as Wilson can play at left back too.

Barry Anderson ?@BarryAnderson_ 5m

Robbie Neilson wants Prince Buaben to improve his fitness as he bids for a contract at #Hearts. See today's Edinburgh Evening News. #HMFC

Perhaps not a done deal just yet?

Not a complete shock, a manager wanting a player to improve his fitness pre-season. Would imagine that if a deal has been talked about it would be a prerequisite, no improved fitness, deal is withdrawn. Improved fitness, sign on dotted line.

Also shows that they are not willing to take a player based on what they have done and who they have played well with in the the past.

Archived