Prince Buaben Signs - 1yr Deal Confirmed

Armageddon

MessengerOfNade

Typical Hearts letting us all down again. We want Sow!

"letting us down" :wtf:

Fantastic signing.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

patience.

Plenty more toots in the maroon klaxon!

chester copperpot

Welcome Prince, really looking forward to the new season likes, should be cracking!

Jambof3tornado

Any reason it's only 12 months? Good news nevertheless

maybe he has taken a big wage cut to join us? We may have a year extension option on him too.

chester copperpot

I cannot actually work out now who's joking and who's no any more on this site. There's even double bluff posts which have my head messed :lol:

Jamboscanbevicius

This is really pleasing. We have a very good midfield for the Championship now!

Things take time. Buaben was with the squad before Sow and Uiterloo so would expect it to be tied up first (unless there were issues).

I would imagine getting one of these strikers signed will be the next priority. Would not surprise me to see an announcement tomorrow to further boost weekend ST sales!

That would only leave a backup GK and maybe a utility defender to come in IMO. No rush for those though.

Now, I've not checked every game since January, but I'd say there was more than 11.

I'd point out he didn't play against us at Tynecastle either.

I have all the stats at my fingertips.

He played in rounds 25 to 35 for Thistle (11 games - 9 starts and 2 as sub). Lasted the full 90 minutes in 5 games. He came on as sub in the game against Hearts on 05 April at Firhill when we won 4-2.

Do we now have the best midfield in the league? We have great options as well with Holt, Robinson, Gomis and now Buaben for CM's and plenty of good options on the wings.

If we sign Sow as well, this has to be seen as a very productive window.

Roll on the start of the season!

Out: Hamill, Stevenson, MacDonald, Ridgers, McGowan, Tapping

In: El Hassnaoui, Ozturk, Alexander, Keatings, Gomis, Buaben

CL and RN said we would start the season stronger than we finished. Based on those 6 in and 6 out they appear to be spot on. Bring on The Rangers!

Still think there will be one more forward, possibly Sow, and then maybe room for one other if they feel necessary. Looking very good though.

Boab Mugabe

Very happy with that.

Looking forward to actually having control of midfield in a few games next year.

:jjyay:

Yaldy. We have a tonne of good options in midfield now. Instant midfield partnership and a good balance at the back.

Only a 12 month deal?

I suspect it may be 12 months with the club having the option of a further 12?

Only a 12 month deal?

I suspect it is only 12months as he's possibly taken a pay cut to come here and doesn't want to commit to longer?

I reckon we will have a very good midfield next season. In my opinion it's where games are won and lost. If we sign Sow, I think we will be looking at a positive season ahead.

I suspect it is only 12months as he's possibly taken a pay cut to come here and doesn't want to commit to longer?

. Think you may be right - any extension may depend on more money and promotion.

tartofmidlothian

Only a 12 month deal?

I suspect it may be 12 months with the club having the option of a further 12?

I think we've only offered him 12 months because he's an exceptional Championship signing but Robbie might be unsure about using him in the Premiership. This is the perfect season for him to prove himself though, I wouldn't be surprised if we have an option on another year.

Also very much doubt any player would look to to restrict the length of their contract, that probably came from our end.

On paper I'd be happy with that midfield in the spfl premiership never mind the spfl championship. Looking good, and if we do bring in sow (or uiterloo) as well as the back up keeper we're seemingly looking at then I'd say it's been an extremely good transfer window. And the door being left open to Rudi is the icing on the cake.

Can't imagine Partick were flinging silly money at him!

tartofmidlothian

. Think you may be right - any extension may depend on more money and promotion.

I'd guess that all our new signings have modest raises in their contract if we get promotion. Like I say, I also think any extension will be up to us and not him.

I would imagine there will be an option for a further year on higher wages dependant on if we get promoted.

I think we've only offered him 12 months because he's an exceptional Championship signing but Robbie might be unsure about using him in the Premiership. This is the perfect season for him to prove himself though, I wouldn't be surprised if we have an option on another year.

Also very much doubt any player would look to to restrict the length of their contract, that probably came from our end.

tartofmidlothian

Anyone else notice our squad now has five Scottish Cup wins amongst it, by the way? :pleasing:

We have a king and we have a prince. Any chance a queen will sign next to complete the set?

We have a king and we have a prince. Any chance a queen will sign next to complete the set?

We have queen Ann and robbo - ace of hearts already on board.

tartofmidlothian

We have queen Ann and robbo - ace of hearts already on board.

And Jack Hamilton. :whistling:

Dr. Bapswent

If Bauben wasnt in control of the lenght of contract, id be amazed.

if we chose to give him a short contract then i think we may kick ourselves if he goes after a year.

of course, it possible that he wants big money and we couldnt be sure we could afford him longer than 1 year - and they think the gamble for 1 year (geting back into the SPL) is worth it.

Archived