Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Ron Burgundy
12 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Brilliant series, funny,touching, violent and brilliantly acted. 

The brother with the unicorn was a particular highlight 

I spent a bit of time this morning googling the brother who had MND in the series to see if he really had it in real life cos if not that was incredible acting. Still don't know.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I spent a bit of time this morning googling the brother who had MND in the series to see if he really had it in real life cos if not that was incredible acting. Still don't know.

Nah seems like it was just absolutely brilliant acting, I did the exact same thing 

adambraejambo

Know it came out a few years ago but Mr Mercedes I thought was excellent. Not read  the books by Stephen King but liked the slow pacing of the show and had plenty of violence.

Season one 9/10

Season two 7/10

Season three 8/10. 

It is on Disney. 

cannonfoda

Really like "the brothers sun" on netflix.  Halfway through and good mix of comedy and crime.  Solid 8/10 so far.

To Catch a Copper. Channel 4 player. 3 part mini series. 

Fascinating documentary showing the work of Avon & Somersets Police anti corruption unit. Won’t give too much away but if your hoping to be reassured that the police do a good job of bringing racist and sexual predator cops to task then you’re  likely to be disappointed. Some absolutely shocking and upsetting (police body cam recorded) scenes. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

To Catch a Copper. Channel 4 player. 3 part mini series. 

Fascinating documentary showing the work of Avon & Somersets Police anti corruption unit. Won’t give too much away but if your hoping to be reassured that the police do a good job of bringing racist and sexual predator cops to task then you’re  likely to be disappointed. Some absolutely shocking and upsetting (police body cam recorded) scenes. 

The episode with the girl on the bus highlighted how much scum walk about in public. She caused the problem there and created an unnecessary waste of time. 

JudyJudyJudy

“ Masters of the Air” superb last couple of episodes. Keeps getting better and better . 

7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

The episode with the girl on the bus highlighted how much scum walk about in public. She caused the problem there and created an unnecessary waste of time. 

Waste of time is right. Incredible anyone took her complaint seriously. 

Sooperstar
13 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Waste of time is right. Incredible anyone took her complaint seriously. 

It was the reaction of the 'Community Leaders' that got me. Every one of them seemingly unable to see exactly what was in front of them. 

Edited by Sooperstar

53 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It was the reaction of the 'Community Leaders' that got me. Every one of them seemingly unable to see exactly what was in front of them. 

Yep, at first I thought the clips the community folk had seen were misleading, which you could kind of understand. I fully expected them to change their mind when they saw the full bodycam footage. I was amazed they stuck to their guns. The woman herself behaved like a total piece of shit.

Muppetboy

The walking dead, the ones who live. Another spin off focusing on Rick and michionne after the bridge incident and the subsequent years after. Not bad at all from what I've seen, good to see Rick's after story being told

Carl Fredrickson
18 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Just watching that episode just now. I thought the police did really well not to strike her. What an example for her "youth" (not child or son or daughter). 

Pepe le pew
35 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Just binged love/hate on itv x, stick with the first couple of episodes though great viewing 

It’s class gets better with every episode

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, 1874Jambo said:

Just binged love/hate on itv x, stick with the first couple of episodes though great viewing 

I thought the first couple of episodes were pretty poor. Terrible acting. I've not watched the third episode yet. 

Disco Dave
18 hours ago, William H. Bonney said:

I thought the first couple of episodes were pretty poor. Terrible acting. I've not watched the third episode yet. 

Stick with it. 

After the Fall of the House of Usher I was intrigued to see the rest of Mike Flanagan's stuff, though the wife thinks she will be terrified with the "haunting" ones so watching Midnight Mass

Two to go and still not sure about it, I like the small changes that wee happening before you really realised what was happening but fear it's gonna fall flat at the end 

Also watching Mr and Mrs Smith which is very good, funny and choc full of cameos 

Don’t want to be that guy but could people please get back into the thing of saying where they watched things such as what streaming service it’s on. 

Just watched the 3 parts of Breathtaking. Incredible as to what the NHS were up against during that period.

Tommy Brown
11 hours ago, JWL said:

Just watched the 3 parts of Breathtaking. Incredible as to what the NHS were up against during that period.

Breathtaking ITV

Totally agree, very well put together.

Jed Mercurio always keeps it very realistic.

JudyJudyJudy

“ Constellation “.  Wtf is it about ? I’m only giving it the benefit  of that doubt due to the quality casting . 

Americana
17 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

“ Constellation “.  Wtf is it about ? I’m only giving it the benefit  of that doubt due to the quality casting . 

Managed two episodes and couldnt force myself to watch anymore.

I just want a decent space series along the lines of For All of Mankind but not so cheesy.

John Findlay

The push. Channel 4.

Documentary about the murder of the woman that was pushed off the top of Arthur's Seat by her husband.

Totally heartbreaking most of all for her Mother, and then the rest of her family.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The push. Channel 4.

Documentary about the murder of the woman that was pushed off the top of Arthur's Seat by her husband.

Totally heartbreaking most of all for her Mother, and then the rest of her family.

Alex Prentice KC is a PHM btw ! 

John Findlay
56 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Alex Prentice KC is a PHM btw ! 

Yes I have seen him at Tynecastle, quite a few times.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Yes I have seen him at Tynecastle, quite a few times.

His son is a mate of mine . Been out a few times to games with him and Alex . He’s a down to earth sorted guy . 

Carl Fredrickson
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The push. Channel 4.

Just finished watching this. I agree totally with your last line.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Americana said:

I just want a decent space series along the lines of For All of Mankind but not so cheesy.

I’m a  glutton for punishment . I’ve finished episode 4 . Still no a clue. Only sticking with it due to the great cast of actors  and in the forlorn hope it will improve . 

henrysmithsgloves
7 hours ago, Americana said:

Tried the expanse on Amazon prime? 

JudyJudyJudy

“ Mary and George “

on Sky Atlantic . It started tonight . Juliane Moore and others . It’s a bawdy romp based on  a true story of George Villiers, 1st Duke of who got “ close “ to King James 6 th and 1st ( Scotland ) . I didn’t know where to look at times !! Enjoyable nonsense but well made . 

Americana
14 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Tried the expanse on Amazon prime? 

I have not, is it new?

Sex Panther
33 minutes ago, Americana said:

I have not, is it new?

+1 for The Expanse. Really finds it feet after the first series and although the last series is one too many, everything in between (particularly S3 & S4 IIRC) is excellent. Takes a wee while at the start to get used to who is who but it's worth the wait.

It's all done now, S1 of the 6 came out in 2015. 

PortyJambo
34 minutes ago, Americana said:

I have not, is it new?

It's not, finished with its 6th season a year or two back. It's one of the best sci-fi shows of recent times though IMO.

It started out on the SyFy channel, but they dropped it after 3 seasons (too expensive for them to make) and then Amazon picked it up to finish the story. It might take a few episodes to get into, but it's well worth sticking with. 

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Americana said:

I have not, is it new?

It's newish,on Amazon prime just now. Visual effects are amazing, don't want to spoil the story lines. Here's a trailer for season one. Thank me later👍🏻

2 hours ago, Americana said:

I have not, is it new?

The Expanse is one of the best shows ever made.

Deep politics, "hard" sci-fi, great visuals, a likeable crew of characters, high stakes, it's all there.

periodictabledancer

Drought  on More 4.

Spanish / Portuguese production so you'll have to put up with subtitles.

Two bodies appear following a drought in a reservoir and a police officer tries to discover the truth behind it.

Power, corruption, drugs, family intrigue , rogue cop. 

A good story, good acting which does lose something due to having subititles IMO but a solid 8/10. 

Americana

Have given The Borgias a try , two episodes in and enjoying it thus far.

I’ve just started on Shogun on Disney+. Looking very good so far and has been praised by historians on social media as being historically accurate in its depiction of the era. Certainly more gritty than the TV adaptation with Richard Chamberlain a number of years ago. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just started on Shogun on Disney+. Looking very good so far and has been praised by historians on social media as being historically accurate in its depiction of the era. Certainly more gritty than the TV adaptation with Richard Chamberlain a number of years ago. 

Aye that's been excellent so far.

Gritty, intelligent, tense and brutally violent when it needs to be.

JudyJudyJudy
11 hours ago, Americana said:

Have given The Borgias a try , two episodes in and enjoying it thus far.

Oh I’ve just started that the night too. Just one episode but liking it a lot . Jeremy irons is a terrific actor 

Just watched the first couple of episodes of The Gentlemen on Netflix. Pretty entertaining so far. 

Americana

Shogun.

Really enjoying this , would be a tad better if the lead actor wasnt trying so hard to be Tom Hardy.

4 minutes ago, Americana said:

Shogun.

Really enjoying this , would be a tad better if the lead actor wasnt trying so hard to be Tom Hardy.

I thought he was channelling Andrew Lincoln