Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Carl Fredrickson
9 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I wasn't sure if it would be any good. I thought it might be toned down for TV from the movie version but, from the 2 episodes I've watched so far, it has the same sense of humour and doesn't ease off on the swearing or gross humour. Enjoying it so far, as long as they keep that up.

It took me a while to get used to different actors but as a prequal, I think it does a decent job. I didnt notice a drop off in the humour but then again, I am quite easily pleased.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Americana
On 10/02/2024 at 22:10, KyleLafferty said:

But that’s how it actually ended 😂

What I mean is the ending seemed very compressed, I think they could have got another season out of it.

Muppetboy

True detective started off promisingly but has faltered badly with mish mashed storyline and nonsense basically 

Sooperstar

Enjoyed Kleo. Took a couple of episodes to get into the quirkyness, but it was worth sticking with. 

5 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

True detective started off promisingly but has faltered badly with mish mashed storyline and nonsense basically 

Night Country is feckin gash.

The characters are all twats.

The dialogue is awful.

There is basically no police work going on.

It's all mexican soap opera personal drama bullshit.

I just don't care what happens in the end. I have zero investment in the setting, the victims, the characters or whatever story the writers are trying to tell.

It's piss awful.

Muppetboy
4 hours ago, Cade said:

The dialogue is awful.

I just don't care what happens in the end. I have zero investment in the setting, the victims, the characters or whatever story the writers are trying to tell.

It's piss awful.

Yeah mate, I should have stated it was night country. Even foster can't save it.  Weird cos the previous series have been top notch and I expected the same seeing a lot of the same production were involved.  In this series tho, all over the shop, dunno wtf is going on

9 hours ago, Cade said:

The dialogue is awful.

It's piss awful.

Starting to think that True Detective is going to be like Kasabian albums, 1st one amazing second one very underwhelming, third one outstanding, 4th one utter horse shite...can't wait for season 5

Heart of Darkness
14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Started series 2 of Kin and so far it is as good as the first series. 

Fabulous, I really enjoyed the first series. 

Malinga the Swinga

American nightmare on Netflix is decent. True story and one that must have the relevant police force and federal agents cringing in embarrassment and shame. Hopefully certain officers are no longer serving as their conduct was just plain criminal.

Clear few

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but For All Mankind on Apple + or a hooky 🔥stick is excellent.

4 seasons and i’ve just finished the 1st.

Alternate NASA space race storyline that starts a bit like Mad Men in space and continues through the decades.

Highly recommended by me……

15 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but For All Mankind on Apple + or a hooky 🔥stick is excellent.

4 seasons and i’ve just finished the 1st.

Alternate NASA space race storyline that starts a bit like Mad Men in space and continues through the decades.

Highly recommended by me……

Aye I've put that forward a few times.

Top telly and should be getting a far larger audience than it does.

Just one pishy storyline in 4 seasons (if you know, you know).

Clear few
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Aye I've put that forward a few times.

Top telly and should be getting a far larger audience than it does.

Just one pishy storyline in 4 seasons (if you know, you know).

Cheers Cade i’ll watch out for it and i’m sure i’ll “know” when it happens (ie crap storyline) tbf the reviews on it  are excellent 👍

On 14/02/2024 at 07:37, Carl Fredrickson said:

Started series 2 of Kin and so far it is as good as the first series. 

Excellent series. Watched the whole thing on player this week.

Hopefully there will be a third series at some point.

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Finished the second series on Thursday - tremendous TV

5 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Finished the second series on Thursday - tremendous TV

The dad getting out of jail certainly ramped the second series up a notch. 

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Such a horrible character, played very well by the actor. He certainly threw a cat amongst the pigeons. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Maybe just comment on it without telling people what happens. 

Heart of Darkness
11 hours ago, 1953 said:

Loved series 1 and 2. 🥰

My wife was googling something about series 2 and read that series 3 was already filmed!! 🙏🙏🙏

Heart of Darkness
3 minutes ago, Heart of Darkness said:

Loved series 1 and 2. 🥰

My wife was googling something about series 2 and read that series 3 was already filmed!! 🙏🙏🙏

There seems to be a 3rd series already filmed but problems just now because the production company has gone bankrupt!! 😟

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Maybe just comment on it without telling people what happens. 

Sorry, didn't think I was giving anything away. I'm sure it won't spoil it for you. 

Muppetboy

Masters of the air. Think band of brothers and the Pacific but in the sky.  Really good and excellent flight scenes 

Dawnrazor

Untold : Swamp Kings.

A really good four part series about the Florida College Football team.

Americana
14 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Masters of the air. Think band of brothers and the Pacific but in the sky.  Really good and excellent flight scenes 

They done well to cast it Austin Butler, Barry Kenough and Calum Turner three pretty in names and they all work very well. Still trying to work out if Austin Butler has been told after Elvis to just keep going with the voice.

1 minute ago, Americana said:

They done well to cast it Austin Butler, Barry Kenough and Calum Turner three pretty in names and they all work very well. Still trying to work out if Austin Butler has been told after Elvis to just keep going with the voice.

According to interviews, he went so deep into the Elvis role that he's having to see a speech coach to help him lose the accent(!)

Americana
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

According to interviews, he went so deep into the Elvis role that he's having to see a speech coach to help him lose the accent(!)

To be fair, I wouldnt pump him without it

Edited by Americana

Watched the 1st episode of The Way on BBC1. Drama about society falling apart set around the Port Talbot steelworks. Good so far. 

Well, True Detective Shite Country has finally ended, thank feck.

:rofl:What an absolute shambles of a series. Looks like True Detective is only good on even numbered seasons. If you thought Season 2 was bad, you aint seen nothin yet.

Absolute cringe from start to finish.

Edited by Cade

Dawnrazor
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

:rofl:What an absolute shambles of a series. Looks like True Detective is only good on even numbered seasons. If you thought Season 2 was bad, you aint seen nothin yet.

It was shite, I was really looking forward to it but it's nosedived since the end of series 1, which I thought was brilliant. Let's hope there's no more.

Muppetboy
3 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Agreed on True Detective, utter garbage 👎

I had to watch it after seeing the rest, only in the hope that redemption could occur, but nope, not a chance. An absolute disaster of a show. Surprising to see harrelson and mcconaughey had major roles in production,  as did foster

Sooperstar
12 hours ago, Cade said:

Just for info:

Odd Numbers: 1, 3, 5, 7...

Even Numbers: 2, 4, 6, 8...

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just for info:

:vrface: more coffee required, it seems. 

henrysmithsgloves
On 30/01/2024 at 18:07, rudi must stay said:

The Never Ending Murder on prime 

Its that at fester road 🤔

Tommy Brown
On 17/02/2024 at 21:11, Carl Fredrickson said:

Such a horrible character, played very well by the actor. He certainly threw a cat amongst the pigeons. 

Just finished s2, better than s1.

Big Bren, brilliant.

Carl Fredrickson
8 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Just finished s2, better than s1.

Big Bren, brilliant.

I would probably agree on both points. Scriptwriting and acting are quality

Americana
On 20/02/2024 at 06:32, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Only season one stood out, hard if that was just the hope that Alexandra Daddario was going to be in every episode.

On 14/02/2024 at 13:05, Bozi said:

Starting to think that True Detective is going to be like Kasabian albums, 1st one amazing second one very underwhelming, third one outstanding, 4th one utter horse shite...can't wait for season 5

Called it 😂

On 19/02/2024 at 23:28, Cade said:

On 19/02/2024 at 23:42, Dawnrazor said:

It was shite, I was really looking forward to it but it's nosedived since the end of series 1, which I thought was brilliant. Let's hope there's no more.

On 20/02/2024 at 06:32, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

On 20/02/2024 at 10:18, Muppetboy said:

I had to watch it after seeing the rest, only in the hope that redemption could occur, but nope, not a chance. An absolute disaster of a show. Surprising to see harrelson and mcconaughey had major roles in production,  as did foster

23 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Just for info:

1 hour ago, Americana said:

Only season one stood out, hard if that was just the hope that Alexandra Daddario was going to be in every episode.

Hard to argue with much of this, season 1 was insanely good, I actually really liked season 3 too.

Season 2 was a massive disappointment but, I would caveat that with the opinion that Taylor Kitch and Rachel McAdam were both very good in it 

What really got me was they haven't learned what made it riveting in the first place. Season 1+3 worked so well because the central actors were tormented by their own unsolved case from years before, switching timelines to see where it faltered and the payoff of it finally being solved. Their anguish was what drove the show and the telling of the story over numerous years was what invested you on their personal crusades. 

Now season 4, I wasn't averse to the supernatural element of it, at the end.of the day it is tying into the beliefs of the native people but it was very poorly executed. Danvers was a one dimensional bitch, Foster tried to add depth but the character was as shallow as a puddle. 

Navarro was even less fleshed out which is a shame because she had the potential to be a very interesting character, in the end she was defined by having a 'tragic history' and being 'part-native' but that does not a character make! I think Kali Reis actually did very well but had very little to work with.

In the end I think that the writers knew they had no satisfactory way of tying it all up and rushed to finish it, the whole thing seemed underdeveloped and totally devoid of the tension that constant night should bring. 

From what I've read in interviews, TD Shite Country wasn't even originally written to be part of the TD series.

It was its own thing, which was then tacked onto the TD franchise late on, hence all the heavy handed references to previous TD seasons, characters, companies and locations.

It also feels to me like a 2 1/2 hour movie that was padded out into a 6-part TV show.

Very, very poor all round.

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone that's daft enough to put themselves through it, but the plotline was absolutely feckin ridiculous and the conclusion is astoundingly bad.

Carl Fredrickson

Breathtaking on ITV. 

Very hard watch about hospital staff during covid. I found it heart breaking and I was angry and frustrated watching it and I cant imagine how bad it was for the staff at the time. 

JudyJudyJudy
23 hours ago, Cade said:

From what I've read in interviews, TD Shite Country wasn't even originally written to be part of the TD series.

It was its own thing, which was then tacked onto the TD franchise late on, hence all the heavy handed references to previous TD seasons, characters, companies and locations.

It also feels to me like a 2 1/2 hour movie that was padded out into a 6-part TV show.

Very, very poor all round.

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone that's daft enough to put themselves through it, but the plotline was absolutely feckin ridiculous and the conclusion is astoundingly bad.

It really was dire . A waste of everyone’s time

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Breathtaking on ITV. 

Very hard watch about hospital staff during covid. I found it heart breaking and I was angry and frustrated watching it and I cant imagine how bad it was for the staff at the time. 

They should have just told all the dying people that it was a made up illness and they'd have been fine. 

Carl Fredrickson
35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

They should have just told all the dying people that it was a made up illness and they'd have been fine. 

If you had watched it there is a scene with a doctor on a videocall with his mum and she was believing stuff on Facebook rather than what he, a doctor, was saying about it. 

Horrendous stuff. Truly horrendous time to be alive.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

If you had watched it there is a scene with a doctor on a videocall with his mum and she was believing stuff on Facebook rather than what he, a doctor, was saying about it. 

Horrendous stuff. Truly horrendous time to be alive.

Will give it a look 👍

rudi must stay

Alma's not normal

Mad but I think the main actor is funny and has ability  

Edited by rudi must stay

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Re watched Mr Inbetween on Disney +

Gutted they only made 3 series, loved it.

Brilliant series, funny,touching, violent and brilliantly acted. 

The brother with the unicorn was a particular highlight