Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

BlueRiver

Watched two episodes of 3 parter Gunpowder last night as its come onto Netflix. Think it was made for the BBC. 

Enjoying that too.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

Similar story here 😂 

Is Midnight Mass done by the same guy too? 

Yeah all are done by Mike Flanagan

As an aside, my missus and I watched Donnie Darko last night and I hadn't even realised that Donnie's mum is Madeline is Fall of the House of Usher 

PortyJambo

Started to watch 3 Body Problem last night on Netflix. Only a couple of episodes in, but enjoying it so far.

I haven't read the books, so don't know how close they're keeping to the storyline but, from a quick glance at Wiki's synopsis, it seems to be reasonably faithful, at least so far. They've changed the cast from a mostly all Chinese one, and China based, of course, but don't think that distracts from the story.

John Findlay

Binge watched Mary and George on Sky showcase.

Enjoyed it very much. Lost count how many times the C word was used😄

Ray Gin

Really disappointed by the supernatural turn that season 2 of Mr Mercedes has taken. :(

Haven't read the books so wasn't expecting this.

cheetah

Quite enjoying Our flag means death on iplayer. Just a bit of silly pirate comedy.

Our Flag Means Death (Season 1 Review) – A Blog of Books and Musicals

milky_26
On 25/03/2024 at 09:43, PortyJambo said:

Started to watch 3 Body Problem last night on Netflix. Only a couple of episodes in, but enjoying it so far.

I haven't read the books, so don't know how close they're keeping to the storyline but, from a quick glance at Wiki's synopsis, it seems to be reasonably faithful, at least so far. They've changed the cast from a mostly all Chinese one, and China based, of course, but don't think that distracts from the story.

i've only watched the first episode and enjoyed it. just need to get round to watching the rest

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Quite enjoying Our flag means death on iplayer. Just a bit of silly pirate comedy.

Our Flag Means Death (Season 1 Review) – A Blog of Books and Musicals

Look at you, sitting here with an open fireplace, surrounded by books on a wooden ship

You're a lunatic and I like it 

RustyRightPeg

Finished Kin the other night. Bloody fantastic. 

Annoyingly chasing the 3rd series already and looks like it isn't anywhere close.

Americana
21 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Annoyingly chasing the 3rd series already and looks like it isn't anywhere close.

Thought they made Jimmy into far too much of a soft c*ck in season 2.

Homicide New York on Netflix. Documentary series about crimes that happened in New York in the past few decades. Features breakdowns of the individual crimes based on interviews with detectives who worked on the original cases. Interesting stuff for the true crime lovers out there. 

William H. Bonney
On 26/03/2024 at 16:41, RustyRightPeg said:

Having seen Charlie Cox in several shows, I was very surprised to find out he was English. 

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Shogun.

Cracking so far.  Just about to watch episode 6.

It’s another great episode. 

henrysmithsgloves
On 25/03/2024 at 09:43, PortyJambo said:

Looking good so far, it's going to be for me,one of those that'll I will need to watch again for the plot twists😎😎 the kinda show I like. Hopefully it gets brought to a conclusion 🧐 I hate getting into a series only for it to get dropped. 9/10 so far 

By The Light..

Dropout on iPlayer

This is good easy watching maybe a bit over dramatised but a true story like me you probably know little or nothing about. 

Theranos Inc. was an American privately held corporation that was touted as a breakthrough health technology company. Founded in 2003 by then 19-year-old Elizabeth Holmes, Theranos raised more than US$700 million from venture capitalists and private investors, resulting in a $10 billion valuation at its peak in 2013 and 2014. The company claimed that it had devised blood tests that required very small amounts of blood and that could be performed rapidly and accurately, all using compact automated devices that the company had developed. 

Edited by By The Light..

periodictabledancer

Adultery , on More4.

A Dutch series about a a woman who gets involved with a lawyer who's involved with a bent property developer. However , her husband is the public prosecutor investigating them all.

On series 2 now. All very good, so far.  And I'm in love with Sylvia Hoeks. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

3 Body Problem-Netflix

Sc-fi thriller about a more advanced Alien invasion of earth in the future, Bit weird in bits, intense in others but stuck with it and it was an easy watch and I liked it. There will defo be a series 2. Easy 7.5/10

Ray Gin
12 hours ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

3 Body Problem-Netflix

Sc-fi thriller about a more advanced Alien invasion of earth in the future, Bit weird in bits, intense in others but stuck with it and it was an easy watch and I liked it. There will defo be a series 2. Easy 7.5/10

I'm really enjoying this

PortyJambo

I finished 3 Body Problem at the weekend, and still enjoyed it all the way through. The only minus I would say was that it seemed to go a little too fast and you were on the last episode, and then it was finished, before you know it! It maybe could have done with being stretched over a few more episodes. As long as it gets a 2nd season, then it should be fine though, and the amount of money Netflix have thrown at it probably means it'll get at least another season.

martoon

Apologies if repeats are not allowed but The Brittas Empire on "That's TV" is the funniest thing on my telly at the moment.

henrysmithsgloves
15 hours ago, martoon said:

Apologies if repeats are not allowed but The Brittas Empire on "That's TV" is the funniest thing on my telly at the moment.

Some good eye candy too😁

martoon
2 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Some good eye candy too😁

Indeed.GC_T0rOW4AAjIlU.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.1a5ad60d3fdc978320090f94f7957722.jpg

Edited by martoon

rudi must stay

Cleaning on netflix

Sheridan Smith one of my favourites 

Disser Pointon

Stumbled upon comedy Catastrophe on Netflix, really funny and easy watch, 4 series.

"The Afterparty" is a great comedy/whodunnit

Each episode is centred around one suspect, and told in a genre which suits their character

Americana

Shogun gets better and better, highly recommend this to all of you.

jambosean75

the last airbender show on netflix was a fun watch

already renewed i think

superjack
On 31/03/2024 at 10:11, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

3 Body Problem-Netflix

On 01/04/2024 at 10:07, PortyJambo said:

I finished 3 Body Problem at the weekend, and still enjoyed it all the way through. The only minus I would say was that it seemed to go a little too fast and you were on the last episode, and then it was finished, before you know it! It maybe could have done with being stretched over a few more episodes. As long as it gets a 2nd season, then it should be fine though, and the amount of money Netflix have thrown at it probably means it'll get at least another season.

Just finished it last night, 1 of the best programmes I've seen for quite a while. I really hope a second series is confirmed soon.

rudi must stay

Iron Men on prime

Documents the last season at Upton Park. Better than I expected 

Mikey1874
On 29/03/2024 at 19:52, periodictabledancer said:

Adultery , on More4.

A Dutch series about a a woman who gets involved with a lawyer who's involved with a bent property developer. However , her husband is the public prosecutor investigating them all.

On series 2 now. All very good, so far.  And I'm in love with Sylvia Hoeks. 

The Adulterer ('Overspel')

Series 2 has the worst thing I've ever witnessed someone ever do in a TV programme. Dramatic twists and turns galore. 

Series 3 tomorrow.

periodictabledancer
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The Adulterer ('Overspel')

Series 2 has the worst thing I've ever witnessed someone ever do in a TV programme. Dramatic twists and turns galore. 

Series 3 tomorrow.

:24_shocked:

I'm currently on The Swingers (also a Dutch TV series, also very good).

But I'll be right back to Overspel asap. :lol:

milky_26
On 01/04/2024 at 10:07, PortyJambo said:

i agree, it seemed to have a rushed ending and was a bit all over the place trying to force too much into 8 episodes. 

Mammals the new BBC series for Attenborough is as excellent as ever. 

Spoiler

Though I have to admit the macaques eating rats tonight gave me the creeps. 

Ron Burgundy

I know every man and his dog have probably watched it but started again on Breaking Bad as has been years since I watched it.

Enjoying it just as much second time around as I had forgotten loads.

rudi must stay

Ripley

Very good. Andrew Scott puts in a shift and it's nice to look at. It's on netflix

Mandy

Love Diane Morgan absolutely hysterical

Heart of Darkness

Just finished watching The Victim, ITVX with Kelly McDonald and John Hannah. About a mum seeking revenge on the killer of her young son. 

It's 5 years old but a decent watch. The 4 episodes move along quite quickly. 

Just finished watching Maid on Netflix. Really enjoyed it but it was quite a hard watch at times. Can't remember a series where the parents of a main character angered me so much. Probably means they did a great job, but still was raging while watching it. 

Fallout (Amazon Prime)

Based on the Fallout series of video games.

Visually spot on; from sets to props to costumes.

Satirical, funny and silly at times, very much in keeping with the games.

Uncompromisingly, brutally violent at other times.

If you're a fan of the games this will make your brain do all the happy chemicals.

An excellent adaptation.

iantjambo
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Fallout (Amazon Prime)

If you're a fan of the games this will make your brain do all the happy chemicals.

An excellent adaptation.

I’ve been binge watching it today. Currently on episode 7.

I was a bit sceptical going into it, I’ve really enjoyed it though. As you say, it’s a bit silly at times but I’m definitely glad that I watched it.

I’m a big fan of the games and so maybe I’m a wee bit biased.

Ray Gin
15 hours ago, Cade said:

Fallout (Amazon Prime)

An excellent adaptation.

Gonna blast this over the weekend. It's getting great reviews.

3 Body Problem is alright, I suppose. Not as if there's anything else on at the moment.

The premise is interesting but the script is like it's been written by a ten year old. Proper cringe.

Sam Tarly playing Sam Tarly being Sam Tarly annoys me too. Sick of that guy and his "I can only play Sam Tarly" acting range.

3 Body Problem doesn't know what it wants to be.

One one hand it's trying to be a serious, hard sci-fi drama about an alien invasion, but on the other hand it's cheesy feckin nonsense like a bad 90's b-movie.

I doubt I'll come back for any future seasons.

Maroon Splatoon

Adding a late vote for Shōgun.

I waited until there were eight out of the ten episodes available before I started watching it, naively thinking the remaining two episodes would be out before I'd worked my way through the backlog. Nope. I binged the absolute s**t out of those eight episodes inside a week, now on the edge of my seat waiting for the last two.

Carl Fredrickson

Blue Lights S2 is on Iplayer. 3 episodes in and I am loving it. 

Just finished season 2 of Extraordinary, absolutely loved it, would highly recommend

luckyBatistuta

Baby Reindeer, enjoyed, some uncomfortable moments though😯 I hope I never bump into that woman at night though, scared the shoite out of me😬

Watching 3 Body Problem at the moment (on episode 6) quite enjoying it.

Can’t wait to get stuck in to Blue Lights, loved the first season.