Recommend a tv series

Walter Bishop

Bad Surgeon

3 part Netflix documentary about a piece of shit conman surgeon. Worth watching.

The Psychopath Life Coach

Another Netflix documentary. It became apparent half way through that this was produced by the subject and is basically an extended advert for his bullshit cult. Actually raging I watched this for as long as I did. 100% avoid.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Ribble said:

New Season of Slow Horses is out (well 1st couple of episodes then week to week)

Love that show, Gary Oldman is such a great actor and plays the part so well. I hope they make more seasons which, considering the plaudits it gets, I'm sure they will.

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

New Season of Slow Horses is out (well 1st couple of episodes then week to week)

:yas:

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Love that show, Gary Oldman is such a great actor and plays the part so well. I hope they make more seasons which, considering the plaudits it gets, I'm sure they will.

Gary Oldman struggles to put in a bad performance. I agree great show. 

Heart of Darkness
On 30/11/2023 at 13:32, Disser Pointon said:

3 episodes into Kin on BBC, decent so far. Irish drug gang fued.

Watched it last week with the wife,  we both thought it was brilliant. Unfortunately you can't get the 2nd series outside of Ireland. 

Been watching " those who kill" on Iplayer. Its a Nordic noir thriller. Its watchable. Not outstanding but good enough. There are 3 series of it. 

This looks the business.

Hopefully the writing is as good as the set and costume design.
After the disastrous Halo TV show, fans are being very cagey in lavishing praise before seeing the finished product.

Heart of Darkness
16 hours ago, Disser Pointon said:

Didn't realise there was a second series, will need to check the firestick.

Think it's about the uncle controlling things from prison and being a right madman whilst doing it!! 😃👍

House Of Dragon Season Two Trailer

Trailer Link

Loved season one , reminded me of GoT in the early days. Got a bit restless and read Blood and Fire so have no doubt ruined a fair few big moments but still pumped for its return.

Binged the first two seasons of Slow Horses over the weekend.

An enjoyable romp through the espionage game, featuring a bunch of slightly incompetent MI5 agents sent to work for Gary Oldman, who does his very best to make them quit the service for good.

Despite this, they get caught up in matters of national security and internal politics.

A show worth your time. Each season is not too long so it's easy to binge.

Gary Oldman is magnificent, as ever, as the mildly alcoholic, shambolic mess of the boss of the section.

Saskia Reeves is great as his long suffering secretary.

Kristen Scott Thomas is also coldly brilliant as the 2nd in command of MI5.

Full of plot holes, contrivances and logic breaking nonsense, but very enjoyable if you turn the brain off.

Season 3 is underway and abut halfway through but I reckon I'll just wait until it ends then binge the whole thing.

Malinga the Swinga

Worst ending ever on squid game challenge. Set up from about 4 challenges from the end for the winner to come through and collect the cash. Eint sat who wins in case you haven't seen it but it's so obvious it was a set up.

5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Worst ending ever on squid game challenge. Set up from about 4 challenges from the end for the winner to come through and collect the cash. Eint sat who wins in case you haven't seen it but it's so obvious it was a set up.

I've not watched a second of it but it's a reality challenge show yeah? With participants from the public? Has it not just been edited in a that made it obvious what the 'story' was they were building towards? 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I've not watched a second of it but it's a reality challenge show yeah? With participants from the public? Has it not just been edited in a that made it obvious what the 'story' was they were building towards? 

Not sure. Don't want to give away ending but it was the second last challenge that made me think it was set up.

Before last 4 tasks, it was good but it fell away.

Too easy to see what was going to happen.

Just read there’s a season 5 of “ Fargo “ Jon Hamm , Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh . I’ll need to locate it . It’s a truly outstanding anthology series . 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Just read there’s a season 5 of “ Fargo “ Jon Hamm , Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh . I’ll need to locate it . It’s a truly outstanding anthology series . 

It's on Prime at the moment, they're releasing an episode a week until mid January. Channel 4 had the UK rights for previous seasons, but not sure they'll get them for free-to-air TV for this season with Prime now having them.

34 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

It's on Prime at the moment, they're releasing an episode a week until mid January. Channel 4 had the UK rights for previous seasons, but not sure they'll get them for free-to-air TV for this season with Prime now having them.

Thanks for that . It really is quality tv . Quirky , funny , dramatic and violent at times . What’s not to like ? 

Just finished Gen V on Prime. Fits in well with The Boys and certainly retains its shock level (you have to wonder how much further they can push things!). Really enjoyed it.

Blood Coast on Netflix

French detective programme with lots of twists and some interesting ways of keeping the peace. 

One series, 6 episodes. 

On 11/12/2023 at 22:53, Tazio said:

A bit behind the curve but I’ve just started watching Elementary on Amazon. Only a couple of episodes in but enjoying it. 

I’ve just discovered it’s 7 seasons with 24 episodes per season. Fair to say I won’t be watching the whole thing. 

Edited by Tazio

New season of Reacher just arrived on Amazon so I’m watching the 1st episode. It makes it about 2 minutes before he leathers someone 🤣

Nice to see he wears the same jacket as I do. I suspect his is in a larger size. 

henrysmithsgloves
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

New season of Reacher just arrived on Amazon so I’m watching the 1st episode. It makes it about 2 minutes before he leathers someone 🤣

Nice to see he wears the same jacket as I do. I suspect his is in a larger size. 

Who's Sarah Connor 🤣🤣

On 15/12/2023 at 00:30, Tazio said:

Ritchson was big last season and seems to have bulked up even more. Absolute unit.

I was going to recommend "Beacon 23", an adaptation from a work by the the same author of the Silo books, which themselves had a really good TV adaptation made.

Lena Heady stars in a sci-fi thriller set on a lighthouse in outer space (which monitors dark matter obstacles along the hyperspace travel lanes), covering the strange events on the lighthouse, with many people being affected by strange phenomena over many years.

The first 6 episodes of the first season were intriguing and seemed to be leading to some grand revelation or other in the finale.
7/10 so far.

But the writers shat the bed in the end-of-season double-header.

Badly written, poorly paced, shoddily edited, totally confusing and utterly unsatisfying, with nothing at all explained.

It's been renewed for a 2nd season but they had better pull the finger oot, sharpish, otherwise it's going to be another "Lost".

5.5/10 final score.

Edited by Cade

mrmarkus1981_1

Finished the second series of Vigil on iPlayer last night. Was fairly enjoyable however the 17 different plot twists made it a bit of a mess.

Would not recommend. 5/10

8 hours ago, Cade said:

I was going to recommend "Beacon 23", an adaptation from a work by the the same author of the Silo books, which themselves had a really good TV adaptation made.

Lena Heady stars in a sci-fi thriller set on a lighthouse in outer space (which monitors dark matter obstacles along the hyperspace travel lanes), covering the strange events on the lighthouse, with many people being affected by strange phenomena over many years.

The first 6 episodes of the first season were intriguing and seemed to be leading to some grand revelation or other in the finale.
7/10 so far.

But the writers shat the bed in the end-of-season double-header.

Badly written, poorly paced, shoddily edited, totally confusing and utterly unsatisfying, with nothing at all explained.

It's been renewed for a 2nd season but they had better pull the finger oot, sharpish, otherwise it's going to be another "Lost".

5.5/10 final score.

I've not watched the show yet, but have read the book it's based on, so they do have an ending...if they want it. From what I've read though, the show has diverged quite a bit from the show so they may not use the ending!

It was a series of short stories, so it wouldn't lend itself to a long running show, hence why they've maybe not stuck to the book storyline so much, but no excuse to not be a satisfying ending if they want to use it.

On 17/11/2023 at 14:28, scott herbertson said:

Black Snow

Aussie crime series with, rather oddly, Ragnar from Vikings in the lead role

My other half and I thought it was excellent - moving and challenging and a great plot.

On the Beeb

Great shout. Got one episode left after starting yesterday. Have very much enjoyed it. 

scott herbertson
On 19/12/2023 at 06:16, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Finished the second series of Vigil on iPlayer last night. Was fairly enjoyable however the 17 different plot twists made it a bit of a mess.

Would not recommend. 5/10

I'd give it a 7. Some decent action, but plot a bit of a stretch

Carl Fredrickson

Killing Sherlock is the latest offering form Lucy Worsley on BBC. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this and I now know a lot more about Arthur Conan Doyle than I thought I would ever know. 

I love Lucys shows and she is great at making history interesting and more appealing (I find Tony Robinson similar in that they are very engaging).

I am not the biggest Sherlock Homes fan but I may read some of the stories after watching this. 

Ghosts - no, not the "real" kind that some believe in, but the sitcom on BBC1. Last ever episode, supposedly, on Christmas day. 

I'm not much of a fan usually of sitcoms, or even the gentle comedy that Ghosts is, but love this show since I decided to watch the first one a few years ago (was able to then binge a few as they'd made 3 seasons by then). It can get a bit too saccharine sometimes (which is what I usually hate about sitcoms) but on the whole it's kept my engagement over the 5 seasons.

Any other fans?

As in many shows that prove popular, the US has made a remake, but I've never watched it although it too apparently gets decent reviews. No doubt they'll continue making it when it's long past its sell-by date though and ruin it.

On 20/12/2023 at 21:56, Carl Fredrickson said:

Killing Sherlock is the latest offering form Lucy Worsley on BBC. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this and I now know a lot more about Arthur Conan Doyle than I thought I would ever know. 

I love Lucys shows and she is great at making history interesting and more appealing (I find Tony Robinson similar in that they are very engaging).

I am not the biggest Sherlock Homes fan but I may read some of the stories after watching this. 

Do you think she is an attractive lady looks wise?

Her intellectual attractiveness is 10/10.

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, John Findlay said:

Do you think she is an attractive lady looks wise?

Her intellectual attractiveness is 10/10.

Without a doubt but I love her presenting style. Being nice on the eye is a bonus. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Without a doubt but I love her presenting style. Being nice on the eye is a bonus. 

I'm in two minds about that. Sometimes I think yes attractive, then others no.

When I was think she has gone to heavy on the Red lipstick, her hairstyle sometimes could be better.

Edited by John Findlay

Carl Fredrickson
Just now, John Findlay said:

I'm in two minds about that. Sometimes I think yes attractive, then others no.

When I was think she has gone to heavy on the Red lipstick, her hairstyle sometimes could be better.

You have way higher standards than me.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I can find beauty in almost any female. (Miss West Lothian being the exceptions)

1 minute ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

You have way higher standards than me.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I can find beauty in almost any female. (Miss West Lothian being the exceptions)

Get it out with Optrex😉