Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Tazio

• Carl Fredrickson

• Ray Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy

β€œ Fargo β€œ season 5 . Exceptional tv . All the Seasons have been of such a high standard . Jon Hamn and Jennifer Jason Leigh are superb . As usual it’s got lots of humour than mind blowing violence . A perfect mix 😎

Sooperstar
On 07/01/2024 at 21:04, Tommy Brown said:

Have you watched The Tourist on BBC

Β 

Like a British version, violent, mad. But also funny as ****.

S2 now on iplayer.

Wasn't impressed with S1 of The Tourist. Saw it through but I lost interest after a couple of episodes.Β 

Pans Jambo
On 08/01/2024 at 13:59, JudyJudyJudy said:

β€œ Fargo β€œ season 5 . Exceptional tv . All the Seasons have been of such a high standard . Jon Hamn and Jennifer Jason Leigh are superb . As usual it’s got lots of humour than mind blowing violence . A perfect mix 😎

Seconded. Really enjoying this one. 10/10 TV.

Β 

AC Mallin_51

Mr Bates vs the post office if you fancy raising your blood pressure 🀬

Samuel Camazzola

24 Hours In Police Custody.Β 

Β 

The latest two-parter has some shocking footage but the full thing is totally compelling.Β 

The Brothers Sun on Netflix. Story about a Chinese triad gangster going to LA and the ongoing incidents that occur. Nice balance of action and humour with a good cast. And Michelle Yeoh which is alway a bonus for the older gent.Β 

mrmarkus1981_1
7 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Β 

The latest two-parter has some shocking footage but the full thing is totally compelling.Β 

Watched the first part yesterday, unreal 😱.

Β 

There's a 4 part called 'The Met' which is good, think it's iPlayer.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Watched the first part yesterday, unreal 😱.

Β 

There's a 4 part called 'The Met' which is good, think it's iPlayer.

πŸ‘ Will give that a watch.Β 

Β 

Β 

Sooperstar

Recently discovered the series of 'Untold' sports docs on Netflix. Working randomly through them and enjoying so far.Β 

jimbojambo
On 05/01/2024 at 23:24, Mikey1874 said:

If you're seeing adverts for 'Fool Me Once' (Netflix), I'd say don't bother.Β 

I really enjoyed it and the twist at the endΒ 

William H. Bonney
17 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Β 

Β 

' Do you know nick Papworth'Β 

' no comment'Β 

Then proceeds to spell Papworth for his solicitor.Β Β 

Not the brightest is he.Β 

Binged Fargo Season 3 over the last few days.

Every bit as good as the first two seasons.

Top performances all over from the superb cast.

Loses 1 point for the ambiguous ending.

Otherwise prettyΒ  much perfect television, from the writing, pacing, cinematography and sound mixing.

Β 

9/10

Sooperstar

I didn't fancy Fool Me Once so my wife has been watching it without me. I just caught the last episode there and my god that looked like some bad TV. It was like a daytime TV crime drama which they had tried to turn into a prime time show.Β 

Fargo Season 4 is a strange beast.

It's not really Fargo at all.

Just a random, seen-it-a-thousand-times-before mobsters at war story.

Took an age to go anywhere and when it did finally come to a head it had nothing new to offer.

The serial killer nurse character/story could easily have been left out entirely as she added nothing other than being a plot device for the finale.

Less said about the feckin ghost the better.

After the masterpieces that the first three seasons were, this is a huge dip in quality.

Β 

5/10

Edited by Cade

henrysmithsgloves

Re-watching Brittas empire on that's TV,madcap humour πŸ˜† 8/10... Michael Beale is on it, before football πŸ˜³πŸ€”

Β 

th-2660226988.jpg

stevieboobs

This is from the makers of Narcos and Narcos Mexico and not on Netflix until the 25th but looks good

Β 

the posh bit

Fool Me Once

Β 

Utter pish. If there's ever an Overrated Actress thread then I'll be putting Joanna Lumley in it.Β 

Sooperstar
22 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Fool Me Once

Β 

Utter pish. If there's ever an Overrated Actress thread then I'll be putting Joanna Lumley in it.Β 

She was shocking in the scene I saw with her in it towards the end.Β 

Lovecraft

Can't believe how much of a nosedive Reacher has done in season 2.Β  Pretty awful stuff.

Β 

Terrible writing, acting, fight scenes, plot contrivances and god awful After Effects gun flashes.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Sooperstar
14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Can't believe how much of a nosedive Reacher has done in season 2.Β  Pretty awful stuff.

Β 

Terrible writing, acting, fight scenes, plot contrivances and god awful After Effects gun flashes.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Reacher is shite but very watchable TV. I can't say that has materially changed from the first season.Β 

42 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

If you want some good fight scenes and action The Brothers Sun on Netflix is the thing to watch. A bit silly but good fun in the way that Chinese action things can be.Β 

Fargo Season 5

Β 

:yas:Β  Β Welcome back, Fargo! A stunning return to form after a pish-awful 4th season.

jimbojambo

I watched the second series of Crime on the STV player and thought Ken Stott was hilarious as he unsuccessfully tried to wind down quietly to retirement. Dougray Scott was fairly good as the highly flawed Jambo detective Ray Lennox and he came across as likeable but highly troubled. His Drew Busby mantra was brilliant.Β 

JudyJudyJudy
13 hours ago, Cade said:

Fargo Season 5

Β 

:yas:Β  Β Welcome back, Fargo! A stunning return to form after a pish-awful 4th season.

No sure how far you are but the YMCA scene was comedy gold really. The finale is going to be a shoot out to end all shoot outs. All the case are exceptional including Jon Hamm , Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh and the guy who plays the weirdo killer but i cant recall his name.Β 

Disser Pointon
17 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

It's really cheesy rubbish but, as someone who read the books avidly, it's good rubbish to watch!!! I would say though that the recent Reacher books have been poor, yes there are all formulaic, but I think Child has ran out of ideas. Hardly surprising given the amount he's churned out mind you.

Edited by Disser Pointon

13 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

It's really cheesy rubbish but, as someone who read the books avidly, it's good rubbish to watch!!! I would say though that the recent Reacher books have been poor, yes there are all formulaic, but I think Child has ran out of ideas. Hardly surprising given the amount he's churned out mind you.

I’m sure I read somewhere that he comes up with the plot ideas now and his brother writes them.Β 

PortyJambo
1 hour ago, Disser Pointon said:

Β 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he comes up with the plot ideas now and his brother writes them.Β 

Yeah, he ran out of ideas so much, or got bored writing them, that it's his brother that now writes them. They've been pretty crap recently. I guess though that his publishers want him to keep churning out the same formula every book so they can see the $'s keep coming in as long as possible.

Lovecraft

Blue Eye Samurai

Β 

Fan-****ing-tastic.Β  10/10

Β 

I don't normally like any kind of anime, but seen it was getting rave reviews.Β  They were correct.

Β 

Great story, writing, acting and stunning animation/artwork.

Β 

Highly recommended, even if you don't do anime.Β  I think this is classed as Western anime as it's not actually Japanese.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

23 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I watched the second series of Crime on the STV player and thought Ken Stott was hilarious as he unsuccessfully tried to wind down quietly to retirement. Dougray Scott was fairly good as the highly flawed Jambo detective Ray Lennox and he came across as likeable but highly troubled. His Drew Busby mantra was brilliant.Β 

Could I watch the second series not knowing anything about the first series?Β 

21 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

No sure how far you are but the YMCA scene was comedy gold really. The finale is going to be a shoot out to end all shoot outs. All the case are exceptional including Jon Hamm , Juno Temple and Jennifer Jason Leigh and the guy who plays the weirdo killer but i cant recall his name.Β 

Completely bonkers but brilliant, I cannot wait for the finale. Tv at it's best IMO .

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, micole said:

Completely bonkers but brilliant, I cannot wait for the finale. Tv at its best IMO .

It’ll be on on Wednesday night I think !Β 

mrmarkus1981_1

Didn't rate the first episode of the new True Detective very highly, it's got supernatural vibes πŸ‘Ž

Edited by mrmarkus1981_1

mrmarkus1981_1
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

Season One of True Detective had strong supernatural elements too, mind(!)

I remember it being mainly cult/ritual stuff. Might watch again πŸ‘

Sex Panther

Had only watched series 1 of TD, so went back into it, watching series 2 (deary me!) and got 2 episodes of series 3 to go now (brilliant in the same way as series 1).

Β 

Seen mixed reviews of S4 but will give it a chance - it can't be worse than S2!

Finally caught up to Episode 9 ofΒ FARGOΒ Season 5.Β 

Β 

Fantastic telly. Can't wait for the season finale!Β 

4 hours ago, Sex Panther said:

Had only watched series 1 of TD, so went back into it, watching series 2 (deary me!) and got 2 episodes of series 3 to go now (brilliant in the same way as series 1).

Β 

Seen mixed reviews of S4 but will give it a chance - it can't be worse than S2!

Season 2 of True Detective felt more like Fargo

henrysmithsgloves

Britain by narrow boat on Amazon,two guys travel Liverpool canals, interesting and relaxing 9/10

Muppetboy
21 hours ago, Cade said:

Season One of True Detective had strong supernatural elements too, mind(!)

Yeah, really enjoyed it. A fortitude feeling to it with the supernatural element too. Foster excellent as per

On 15/01/2024 at 00:49, Lovecraft said:

Blue Eye Samurai

Β 

Fan-****ing-tastic.Β  10/10

Β 

I don't normally like any kind of anime, but seen it was getting rave reviews.Β  They were correct.

Β 

Great story, writing, acting and stunning animation/artwork.

Β 

Highly recommended, even if you don't do anime.Β  I think this is classed as Western anime as it's not actually Japanese.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Started watching this tonight with the same reservations as you. Fantastic so far and 2 episode in.Β 

Lovecraft
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Started watching this tonight with the same reservations as you. Fantastic so far and 2 episode in.Β 

Kinda makes me wanna go exploring more anime tbh.

Β 

I just can't be arsed with it as it just all kinda looks the same.

Β 

Β 

On 12/01/2024 at 22:01, the posh bit said:

Fool Me Once

Β 

Β 

I like her but then she once stroked my beard so i may be biased.

14 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Kinda makes me wanna go exploring more anime tbh.

Β 

I just can't be arsed with it as it just all kinda looks the same.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Likewise, Mrs Ribble is right into it but to me it's all just japanese screaming

On 07/01/2024 at 21:04, Tommy Brown said:

Have you watched The Tourist on BBC

Β 

Like a British version, violent, mad. But also funny as ****.

S2 now on iplayer.

I just binge watched s1 and 2, personally I thought Helen’s ex should have been kept well away from S2Β 

jimbojambo
On 15/01/2024 at 08:35, theshed said:

Could I watch the second series not knowing anything about the first series?Β 

Yes but both series are on STV player so I recommend watching Series 1 first.Β 

Criminal record on I think apple tv, not sure about it yet but I've only watched the first episode. It is a police show with Peter capaldi as an older detective. One of his old closed cases it is suggested anonymously that the wrong person was jailed for it.