The poker thread...

The Merse

Just won a guaranteed speed game on sky, ?51.60 for a ?3.30 buy-in.

2 very loose players in the last 3, I played it tight with selected aggression and it worked.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a nother bad night in our weekly live game. Got nothing all night so started trying with A rag etc, lost them all!!! Ah well, such is the decision of the great god of poker.

just got knocked out of the double deuce on full tilt in 63rd place. 10,500 players..Bit gutted, first place was $32K and final table guarantees at least $2k. Blinds are up to 10K 20K with 2.5K ante. shortstacked and I pushed with K9...two callers who chech it down to the river...straight on the board 45678 and i have the 9..yessss i think.. then one of them bets massive and turns over 9 10..**** sake..FT just teasing me with the second nuts...Anyway got $270 odd for the effort...Also finished 5th in a $10 rebuy last week for $1,200 so can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Urggghhhh.

Just back from Los Angeles (see earlier post)!

Partypoker managed to get me a seat for the tourney that my friend qualified for as well.

Out of 600 players I finished 13th and got $0.

Top 6 paid, $100k for first.

Incredibly sick.

See this:

http://blog.partypoker.com/general/savage-tournaments-last-partypoker-com-qualifier-busts-out-of-wpt-celebrity-invitational-in-13th.html

• 2 weeks later...

Urggghhhh.

Partypoker managed to get me a seat for the tourney that my friend qualified for as well.

Incredibly sick.

See this:

http://blog.partypoker.com/general/savage-tournaments-last-partypoker-com-qualifier-busts-out-of-wpt-celebrity-invitational-in-13th.html

The last 6 played out the final table on this just the other day.

I now starting to feel really sick about this, hasn't really hit me how close I was to life changing money and may never get that chance again in a tournament like this.

:(

Back to reality with a bang whilst playing $.5/1 on WillHill last night.

Had won about $200 on .25/50 took a break and was two tabling 50/1.

Had a mini card rush where I raised one hand(TT), then three bet the next hand (AK suited, then the next hand someone raised and I three bet again (AA).

They had made it $3.50, I made it $10 and they straight up shipped for $100, I obv called and had a WTF moment when they flipped over 9T offsuit.

Flop came down 966 - fairly harmless, left him 2 outs or running clubs with the T of clubs which he held.

Club, club.

Scream, hit laptop. Log off.

Poker GTF.

:angry:

Edited by D-McG

Up early this morning, decided to play a bit of Mixed Omaha H/L on pokerstars, I have no money in the account so 200+15 play chips it is...

I'm now 4 hours in, 922 is now 42 and I'm sitting 12th with 49,315 chips, guaranteed 626 play points!!!!!!!!

It's not the prize at the end I'm going to be bothered about, I'm just over the moon I've entered a variation I've never played before, never read about it and I've made the top 5%.

I'd definitely consider playing this for real money.

5 hours in, 15th out of 18, 1,014 play points guaranteed.

Sitting on 13,310 chips, the chip leader is on 695,095...

-----------------------------

After the break, I made my move, all in with A24Q, called by the big stack - 6K43, flop Q94T6, I have 2 pairs QQ44, he has 2 pairs 6644 - I make a HUGE dent into his stack!

28,120 moves over to me.

We are now the only two at the table, 5 players sat out, he is now up to just shy of 850K.

-----------------------------

Out now, had the nuts on the turn, TJKJ with a board of QTJA (2 clubs), I had the straight plus a full house/quads draw, there's a 56K pot, the river comes 7 of clubs, my last 1,100 goes in, he has A492 (2 clubs) for the flush and a 58K pot.

He's now sitting with over 1M and I'm sitting watching him nick the blinds off the 5 players sat out.

13th for 1,383 - the top 1.5%.

Era Macaroons

Urggghhhh.

Incredibly sick.

See this:

nice of them to get you a seat as well!

great effort, worth a payday you would have thought!

Won a $2 rebuy tourney with 550 folk in it two nights ago. Was four of us left, guy had 1.5million, next had 800K I had 150K and last had 65K and managed to get a couple of doubles up and eventually got heads up. Was $500 and $800 for 1st so we just took $600 each and played for last $100..The deciding hand I had J10, he had limped with AQ(so far he had been raising or folding heads up) so I thought he had something decent and was jsut being tricky so i checked, came out QQrag check check, 9 when I bet he just called. 8 comes for my straight, and end up getting it all in. Slow played himselve to death.

Also came second in a $5 heads up tourney for $140, again another limped pot with the other guy having QQ I had 9 10..came out A 9 10. I led right into it, he raised I shoved turns ove the QQ 5 on the turn. Im sitting thinking no ace no 5 no ace no 5, river..Q oh aye, forgot he had that to hit aswell :(

I put money into pokerstars the other day, I played 3 games last night/ this morning;

a $10+$1 hold'em NL 9 seater sng, 3rd for $18

a $10+$1 hold'em NL MTT, 2,763 players, 53rd for $46.97

and then

a $15+$1 PL Omaha H/L, 9 seater sng, 1st for $67.50

A nice $94.47 profit for the night.

I wish it was always this easy!

Omaha H/L seems to be quickly becoming my game.

how long did the 2,763 player game take to play?

I was in for just over 4 and a half hours, not bad value for $11 (?6.60 ish).

I've just had a look at the tournament lobby, they're still playing, 3 left, 8 and a half hours in...

Minimum payout for them is $2,381.70, top prize is $4,491.27.

EDIT: down to 2, guaranteed $3,315.60, both of them were at my table earlier.

Edited by Statto

Defo good value for money mate. Don't reckon I could concentrate for that legth of time though. Guess no World Series for me!!!!

Ha, getting some abuse in the chat-box from some foreign dude on PS, he pushed UTG for about 2K, I have 12K next to act, I call, BB also calls, I have AQ, flop the Q and get the BB calling me down with AJ (only hit J on river), the UTG man shows AK and keeps saying it's a clown call with 7 players to act behind etc. I say I have enough to get away if there is a big raise and then he goes away and fetches my sharkscope stats!!!

I love it.

19 left in a ?3.30 Omaha H/L and I'm on the same table as Paul Featherstone;

Paul Featherstone

I suppose he's famous-ish.

EDIT: Out 18th from 596 players, $14.30.

Edited by Statto

Ha, getting some abuse in the chat-box from some foreign dude on PS, he pushed UTG for about 2K, I have 12K next to act, I call, BB also calls, I have AQ, flop the Q and get the BB calling me down with AJ (only hit J on river), the UTG man shows AK and keeps saying it's a clown call with 7 players to act behind etc. I say I have enough to get away if there is a big raise and then he goes away and fetches my sharkscope stats!!!

I love it.

Never quite understand people like that to be honest. Yep there are muppets out there. AQ is not the best hand in the world but one I would definitely have a look at the flop with if the betting was not too big (you don't say what the blinds were so cannot judge if it was a big raise or not.)

As an aside, I think I managed to win about 5 hnds in the live cash game on Saturday night, but every one was a biggy. Three of them i got everybolded folding with big bets when I had nothing!!! Would hate to have see what that guy would have said about these bets :angry: Ended up about $200 so a good night again.

Never quite understand people like that to be honest. Yep there are muppets out there. AQ is not the best hand in the world but one I would definitely have a look at the flop with if the betting was not too big (you don't say what the blinds were so cannot judge if it was a big raise or not.)

As an aside, I think I managed to win about 5 hnds in the live cash game on Saturday night, but every one was a biggy. Three of them i got everybolded folding with big bets when I had nothing!!! Would hate to have see what that guy would have said about these bets :angry: Ended up about $200 so a good night again.

Just got the hand history,

blind level was 200/400, 50 ante.

He raises to 2205 - 5.5 BB, I have 12,370 chips - 31 BB.

The 7 players behind me had (after antes and blinds have been subtracted);

4,700 (no cards, just moved to table)

7,470 SB

6,266 BB

Just got the hand history,

blind level was 200/400, 50 ante.

He raises to 2205 - 5.5 BB, I have 12,370 chips - 31 BB.

The 7 players behind me had (after antes and blinds have been subtracted);

4,700 (no cards, just moved to table)

7,470 SB

6,266 BB

Fish.

allsport-andrei-arshavin-shows-four-liverpool_2197835.jpg

I've been four-tabling 9-seater sng's on PS, $6.50 each sng ($26 total), if I win one or finish 2nd and 3rd in two, I get my money back +$1.

So far I've won three, second in one, bubbling in two and out early in the other two winning $91.80 ($39.80 profit) :thumbsup:

I'm back onto sky for a while, moderate success at the 4-tabling on pokerstars, increased my bank roll by about 40%, I'm planning to build up to about $1,000 and then move up a level to the $11 sng tables.

I'm entering the skypoker Vegas Quarter tonight, some big names in it - including me :whistling:, ?13 into the ?120 Semi Final, which goes on to the ?1,100 Vegas Final qualifier.

Finish in the top 10% in 3 games, should be easy, isn't it? :blink:

Out of the Vegas Quarter, 1665 chips with 150/300 blinds, I had decided the hand before to push blind, I covered the screen hit the all in button and seen A6, it could have been worse, I got a call from the player one before the button, he has KQ, flops a Q.

A Quarter of his stack with three players to act behind with the KQ, I wouldn't personally be calling that in the type of game it was, but what do I know?

I'm going to watch his progress, I'll be back to report his exit hand in about 20 mins. <_<

Out of the Vegas Quarter, 1665 chips with 150/300 blinds, I had decided the hand before to push blind, I covered the screen hit the all in button and seen A6, it could have been worse, I got a call from the player one before the button, he has KQ, flops a Q.

A Quarter of his stack with three players to act behind with the KQ, I wouldn't personally be calling that in the type of game it was, but what do I know?

I'm going to watch his progress, I'll be back to report his exit hand in about 20 mins. <_<

32 minutes, I didn't catch the exit hand but he's out.

Playing in a pokerstars UKIPT Coventry qualifier, ?5 rebuy, 2 seats, 66 players, I finish 4th...

?150 for my trouble, $240. I think I put about ?20 into it, I think there was only the one double-rebuy plus the add-on.

**Bad beat story coming**

The button pushes for 3100, blinds are at 800/1600, I have 25,000 chips, the SB has 20,000 chips, he calls, I have a 93os, I call the 1500.

Flop 373, small blind pushes - if he has any hand ahead of 3-of-a-kind, I don't think he'd push like that so I call the 17,000, he shows 56 and hits his 4 on the turn!!!

I did get lucky soon after with a 4% 2-outer on the river, I got up to 200,000 but blinds and lack of spots to push my chips in meant I fell right down, I managed to creep over the bubble.

I'm now giving the WSOP another go tonight, 102 in, 10 qualify for the Semi's.

Era Macaroons

allsport-andrei-arshavin-shows-four-liverpool_2197835.jpg

I've been four-tabling 9-seater sng's on PS, $6.50 each sng ($26 total), if I win one or finish 2nd and 3rd in two, I get my money back +$1.

So far I've won three, second in one, bubbling in two and out early in the other two winning $91.80 ($39.80 profit) :thumbsup:

fantastic photo

for me 4s too many (apart fi birds).....it means yer not really involved in any.just playing your cards.....but if it pays then it works....gl..i dont like to be quite so busy , concentrating on 2 games is about my level.

en1608jamb.jpg

fantastic photo

for me 4s too many (apart fi birds).....it means yer not really involved in any.just playing your cards.....but if it pays then it works....gl..i dont like to be quite so busy , concentrating on 2 games is about my level.

en1608jamb.jpg

You don't really need to get involved for the first 4 levels (20 minutes), I limp with small pairs looking to hit sets, raise 3 or 4 x BB with big pairs and AK, AQ, if any big raises come in then I fold most things except AA, KK and QQ.

AQ has been folded a couple of times - it's not worth calling. I aim to stay above 1,000 chips by the time the blinds get to 50/100 so I have the 10BB to push with, I categorise each table as safe or push time so I don't have to evaluate every hand when making decisions.

When it gets to the last 3, I raise all good hands and every button - as long as I have enough to get off the hand if they push back.

I'm now giving the WSOP another go tonight, 102 in, 10 qualify for the Semi's.

I'm in.

Sunday night at 9, the Vegas Semi Final! :thumbsup:

las-vegas-strip.jpg

How fantastic is this place!

Era Macaroons

I'm in.

Sunday night at 9, the Vegas Semi Final! :thumbsup:

las-vegas-strip.jpg

How fantastic is this place!

stop teasing me :woot: cant wait till the day i arrive in Vegas

aircraft_spitfire.jpg

Era Macaroons

You don't really need to get involved for the first 4 levels (20 minutes), I limp with small pairs looking to hit sets, raise 3 or 4 x BB with big pairs and AK, AQ, if any big raises come in then I fold most things except AA, KK and QQ.

AQ has been folded a couple of times - it's not worth calling. I aim to stay above 1,000 chips by the time the blinds get to 50/100 so I have the 10BB to push with, I categorise each table as safe or push time so I don't have to evaluate every hand when making decisions.

When it gets to the last 3, I raise all good hands and every button - as long as I have enough to get off the hand if they push back.

thats what everyones doing...so now you know how to fool em :teehee:B)

I'm sick of live poker at the moment, make the final table nearly every tournament but no matter how many chips I have I can't seem to get further than 5th, never mind winning races, i can't win an all-in when I am 80-20. Plus I've flopped four sets against flush draws in the last month alone and haven't won one!

Anyways, always the next tourney! Which for me is the Maybury 165 game this Thurs, they've guaranteed a prize pool of ?10k which will attract the masses from Glasgow, Dundee etc.... last months game was a guaranteed ?7.5k and was pretty good so looking forward to this one.

Edited by kaka_22

Era Macaroons

I'm sick of live poker at the moment, make the final table nearly every tournament but no matter how many chips I have I can't seem to get further than 5th, never mind winning races, i can't win an all-in when I am 80-20. Plus I've flopped four sets against flush draws in the last month alone and haven't won one!

Anyways, always the next tourney! Which for me is the Maybury 165 game this Thurs, they've guaranteed a prize pool of ?10k which will attract the masses from Glasgow, Dundee etc.... last months game was a guaranteed ?7.5k and was pretty good so looking forward to this one.

save yer tears :sweat:

whats the buy in? (is it 165?)

plus good shout. presume youll be there then n ill get my HU in Greggs wi ye :whistling:B)

Edited by Era Macaroons

Era Macaroons

Playing French people at poker.

any onions?

my onion is they are gash..... :P

Edited by Era Macaroons

Playing French people at poker.

any onions?

my onion is they are gash..... :P

Been playing quite a bit of heads up on Full Tilt and there is loads of French playing there these days. Majority of them seem to have more money than sense

Era Macaroons

Been playing quite a bit of heads up on Full Tilt and there is loads of French playing there these days. Majority of them seem to have more money than sense

been back on will hill, they must have merged with a frog site or summin...lots of em there, they play in dif way.a weak way.

Was just playing a bit of 50p/?1 cash - nose-bleed stuff for me, I was feeling good after the derby result (0-0 away to Sheffield Wednesday, a good away point :P )

wenger-facepalm.jpg

I took ?75 to the table...

6th hand, we're 6-handed, I'm UTG with Aces...

I raise up to ?4, next to act flat calls, he has ?115 back, everyone else folds.

Flop 698 (2 clubs)

I bet ?8 into ?9.50, he calls.

Turn is a 3 - a blank.

I bet ?20 into ?25.50, he calls.

River is a 10!!! - not a blank.

I check.

He bets ?32.75 into the ?65.50 pot.

Here's my line of thought, he probably doesn't bet that if he has a minor hand ahead of my pair of Aces - like 2 pair, I can't see him having a set, the flop was too dangerous just to be flat calling with 3-of-a-kind. I know how these type of players at this level can play, they make moves - two ways this helped me was they would possibly have raised the pot with an open-ended straight on the flop or turn, I can't see them fishing for the card and secondly it means the bet on the end may have been a move also. There is now almost ?100 in the middle, I'm getting 3/1, I only have to be right 1 in 4 times (this being the one), I CALL.

He shows A6 - pair of sixes. ?129.20 slides over to the Kevilfish.

I'm now up to ?139.45!

My next big hand;

I'm second to act, we're 6-handed, I have ?144.98.

UTG folds, I raise up to ?4 with 8T of diamonds, the next player (the same player as above) calls, he has ?162.72 behind. Everyone else folds.

Flop 843 rainbow.

I bet ?7 into ?9.50, he calls.

Turn 4.

I bet ?14 into ?23.50, he calls.

River another 4.

My thoughts here are, he's either got a 4, an over-pair or I'm ahead. I think back to the last hand where I checked and he bet 3/4's of the pot with the A6, I decide against betting because if he has a better hand or even nothing, he's probably putting my under pressure with a raise for all/the majority of my stack, with the 8T, it's not a decision you want to have, I check and as I thought, he bets ?44 into ?51.50, I have ?117.98 back, I'm only getting 2/1 to make the call but after our last clash, I decide to look him up, he shows 25 of diamonds, a flopped open-ended straight draw which didn't hit.

?137.70 slides over to the Kevilfish.

Up to ?211.68.

That was my last real big hand, I picked up a few pounds here and there but decided to call it a day/night/morning ?145 up :woot: , not bad for 33 minutes work.

Everyone was drifting away and when we got to 3-handed play, I decided to followed them.

Edited by Statto

Folding Kings on a safe 9-high board?

I've raised 3xBB early in a tournament, I've been min-raised, I call.

He bets the flop, can I get away here? I was so close to folding, I let the timer run a bit but ended up pushing and as expected running into Aces.

Why is it so difficult to fold online?

I could have made that fold in a live game but it's so much more difficult online.

After I got knocked out I decided to take half of my PS balance to a $1/$2 table - not my best idea, my major hand was, UTG raised 3xBB, I have pocket 9's in mid-position. The button calls, as does the small blind but the big blind refuses to take the 13/2 odds being offered.

The flop is 893, SB checks, UTG bets $16, I flat call on the rainbow board. The button folds and the SB call. Pot is now $74.

The turn is another 9. SB bets $30, UTG folds. I let the timer run down a bit, into the time extension, make a cup of tea, then call.

The river is a 7 of spades, 789 of spades now on the board. SB bets $60 into $134, he has $100 back, I have $190, I push, if he has a straight flush then I have a story.

The tension is building...

He folds, no sick cold deck bad beat story, a lovely $190 pot sliding over to me.

GUTTED!!

13 left in a $15,000 gtd. on PS.

I'm one of them.

I'm in the cut-off with Aces. I have 89K, blinds at 2K/4K.

I raise to 9,600.

Button Folds, SB re-raises, BB re-re-raises all-in.

I call, SB folds.

BB shows AK.

Flop King King something.

$317 for 13th.

It was $370 for 10th-12th, $5,163 for the Champ.

If I win the hand, I go 5th.

I don't mind getting beats like this, I know it happens but it's the circumstances surrounding it that make it so horrible. Going in a 92% favourite with the best possible hand pre-flop and losing at the stage of the tournament I was in just makes it sick.

I was also in the sky ?12K Bounty Hunter tournament, the second hand I have A9 of spades UTG, I limp in, next player folds, cut-off limps, button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop KQ3 - 2 spades. Blinds Check, I Semi-bluff with a bet of 60 into 80. cut-off calls, blinds fold. Turn a 10 of spades. I bet the same %, 150 into 200, cut-off pushes, I snap call. He has K3, two pair, river a King - full house.

The limp with K3 off, I don't like, flat calling the top and bottom pair with 3 other players in the hand on a straight and flush drawing board, I don't like, the push after the danger card comes, I love from my perspective - until the King rivers :(

Had a RIDICULOUS amount of beats last night.

Granted I was playing Omaha but considering I was only playing $.25/50 I think without exaggerating that I lost about $1,000 worth of pots on the river after getting it all in on turn with sets v draws.

The worst being when I raised with some fairly junky hand on the button after a limp on the C/O.

SB calls, and limper calls.

Flop came down KcTc and a rag.

SB bets $4, C/o calls $4, I had Ac7c with two other random cards - call.

Turn 4c.

I have the nuts.

SB checks, CO bets $8. I make it $30 to go.

they flat call leaving $25 behind.

River 9c.

They shove there last $25 in and I obv call and they have QcJc for straight flush and a rivered 1 outer.

I somehow managed to be up over $200 but if I'd run even half well last night I'd have made a ******* fortune.

Never been up $200 and still been in a horrendous mood due to beats.

stop teasing me :woot: cant wait till the day i arrive in Vegas

aircraft_spitfire.jpg

Are you going out there?

I think me and my mate are planning another jolly out to Vegas this year!

Last time only went 4 nights though, this time the plan is 2 weeks.

:teehee:

Era Macaroons

Are you going out there?

I think me and my mate are planning another jolly out to Vegas this year!

Last time only went 4 nights though, this time the plan is 2 weeks.

Nothing arranged in the immediate future, but Its high on my agenda.

Hopefully one of my mates will qualify for something and take me with him! :rolleyes:

what kind of deal did u get for the 4 night trip?, how much? what digs etc.

2 weeks! maaad for it :)

Nothing arranged in the immediate future, but Its high on my agenda.

Hopefully one of my mates will qualify for something and take me with him! :rolleyes:

what kind of deal did u get for the 4 night trip?, how much? what digs etc.

2 weeks! maaad for it :)

Well it was L.A i went to with my mate the last time, not Vegas.

I was in Vegas Oct 08 though.

Flights and accommodation set me back about ?750 i think.

Flew Edinburgh-NewYork-Vegas with Continental.

And stayed in the MGM Grand.

Was superb, realllllly want to go back this year, also think I'm a much better cash player than I was when I last went.

Better get building another bankroll for some pennies for the trip.

Not really had a BR since I withdrew from Sky.

I'm a nomad wandering about the sites, managed to get up to ?1,100 on WillHill over the last month or so from ?50 but ended up cashing out at ?800, not digging it.

So back on FullTilt for another crack at it.

Stuck in $250 yesterday and have doubled it to $500, so we'll see how it goes from here!!

This thread has really died a death recently, can't see us getting to the magical 3000 post mark for our next game!!

$5,000 gtd Omaha H/L rebuy, 498 started, I got to the final table as the short stack.

I grinded my way into 3rd for $720!!

A fantastic couple of deep runs for me over the past 24 hours.

$5,000 gtd Omaha H/L rebuy, 498 started, I got to the final table as the short stack.

I grinded my way into 3rd for $720!!

A fantastic couple of deep runs for me over the past 24 hours.

I'm off work next week - starting a new job on the 5th April... so... Might log onto a poker site and play a few games.... Hopefully get some tourney action going and pick up some nice monies!

I'm off work next week - starting a new job on the 5th April... so... Might log onto a poker site and play a few games.... Hopefully get some tourney action going and pick up some nice monies!

what is the age restriction in casinos. i play poker online but never live and was wondering if the cvasinos are over 18? 21? 25 etc. can you ghuys help me oot

what is the age restriction in casinos. i play poker online but never live and was wondering if the cvasinos are over 18? 21? 25 etc. can you ghuys help me oot

Pretty sure its Over 18..

I went to the Circus last night. ?20 game + ?5 bounty ... 105 people on a Tuesday. Wow... Finished about 32nd, first game there for months, made a few mistakes but played quite solid and went out when I got all my chips in ahead so not that disappointed about how I played. I know this but it helps to say it again but you can only be successful if you play a lot. Practice practice practice... Its all about the players and how they see you and you see them, the cards are only a small part of the game.

Rush Omaha is fast becoming the only game I can play.

Seriously, if I play Texas Hold'em it is just soooooo boring.

Playing with 4 cards > 2 cards.

Rush Omaha is fast becoming the only game I can play.

Seriously, if I play Texas Hold'em it is just soooooo boring.

Playing with 4 cards > 2 cards.

Next thing.. It will be 5 card stud (or maybe draw if you are gay) . Omaha 6, . then 7 Stud.. .. then maybe Snap?

Next thing.. It will be 5 card stud (or maybe draw if you are gay) . Omaha 6, . then 7 Stud.. .. then maybe Snap?

Or BINGO.

It's so much more fun playing Omaha, however it is not good for your health the amount of outdraws that happen!

:blink: