The poker thread...

The Merse

It's only right that I make the 2000th post on this thread.

:2thumbsup:

It's been a marathon thread folks, I'd just like to say thanks to all the fish giving me bad beats that made this thread possible!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been a marathon thread folks, I'd just like to say thanks to all the fish giving me bad beats that made this thread possible!

D'oh, 2000th reply not 2000th post.

What a ****.

Another bad-beat for you. lollers.

those suggesting the 8th, can you definately not make the thursday after?the 15th, would be easier to organise it for then as we already have a few yes's for the 15th and it gives 2 weeks for full tilt support to get it done as i dunno how long they normally take for them to set it up.

those suggesting the 8th, can you definately not make the thursday after?the 15th, would be easier to organise it for then as we already have a few yes's for the 15th and it gives 2 weeks for full tilt support to get it done as i dunno how long they normally take for them to set it up.

I can do both bitches

lol at D-McG... Going all in on the 2000th post to find himself short stacked and miles behind again!

lol

only problem with the later date is I might bust out before then (as I am prone to do lol)

:10900:

me too, the sooner its set up the sooner I can register for it:stuart:

I'll send the email to FT with the details tonight then.

Thursday the 15th 8pm, $10+2 (3000stack)

Thats it set up.

Its under the private tournaments lobby. 15:00 ET 15th October.

JKB 2000th Post game

its $10+$2 with 3000 starting chips.

PM for the password or will ~I just post it?

Era Macaroons
likewise.

PM the password or some Hobo **** will hijack it.

my words exactly!

P.S. after sign up on FT record so far

$20 6 pack turbo lost

$20 6 pack turbo WON

$24 knock out 90 field...5th (bit pi$$ed about that ) n roughly 12 heads @4$

good site!

I now officially hate PKR.com and poker.

Built up my $30 to $150 in about thirty minutes on the $1/$2. Just about to leave to go for dinner. JJ, just as above you tubes!!!!! Anyway, short story is 4 low diamonds on the board gave me a J high flush. Guy I was against had been playing super aggressive whilst I was there. Really though t I had him when he went All in after the river. Turned the Ace. B****************. Stupid me. I should have walked. Oh well, it was on hubby's credit card. Need another deposit today. Might stick to live games for a while!!!

my words exactly!

P.S. after sign up on FT record so far

$20 6 pack turbo lost

$20 6 pack turbo WON

$24 knock out 90 field...5th (bit pi$$ed about that ) n roughly 12 heads @4$

good site!

Give it awhile:10900:

Era Macaroons
Give it awhile:10900:

too true!

I tend do 'do well' whenever I join a new site.

do you reckon poker sites engineer this?

too true!

I tend do 'do well' whenever I join a new site.

do you reckon poker sites engineer this?

Maroonlegions is that you?

PS I'll take a PM for the password for the Full Tilt game.

Can't wait to pwn you guys. Lolz.

:stuart:

Sexton Hardcastle

Played on Betfair last night. First time iv played poker in months. Doubled up my $50 flopping a straight v Aces. usually happens against me so will roll with Betfair for a few weeks and see how she goes.

Era Macaroons
Maroonlegions is that you?

PS I'll take a PM for the password for the Full Tilt game.

Can't wait to pwn you guys. Lolz.

:stuart:

:smiley2:

just meaning if you lost straight off the bat your not likely to stay with the site so they may 'assist you'......perhaps im being too suspicious:th_o:

Beam me up ML

PM puh-lease!

I see the Maybury has started a new schedule, tonight is some double-chance thing... ?20+?20+?10, sadly I'm busy tonight otherwise I'd of went along. Few mates are there though so I'll find out how it went and report back. Mind you, ANYTHING is better than that awful game at the Circus, I'm never going back to it.

How do some people play so bad and get so lucky?

playing tourney. 25/50 blinds had 2800 chips, get AA raise it 200, boy with 4500 re raises to 600..folds to me. I just pushed in and he calls with AJ??????????

~J on the flop J on the river :nah:

How do some people play so bad and get so lucky?

playing tourney. 25/50 blinds had 2800 chips, get AA raise it 200, boy with 4500 re raises to 600..folds to me. I just pushed in and he calls with AJ??????????

~J on the flop J on the river :nah:

it has to happen. Just a shame when it happens to you!

The Sky Poker Tour 2009/10

Sadly no Edinburgh this year. :43: It will be the Alea (???) in Glasgow.

There will be 5 legs, Manchester 7 Nov, Newcastle 9 Jan, Luton 6 Mar, Glasgow 8 May, Swansea 10 July and the Grand Final in Nottingham on the 11/12 of September 2010.

Seats to the five legs will be worth ?100 however there is no direct buyins, there's 125 seats available on sky and 5 seats available from a satellite at the venue, probably the week/night before. 20 seats are also allocated to presenters, media and pro's.

The top 3 finishers from each of the 5 legs will win seats to the Grand Final, the GF seats are worth ?250.

The Glasgow leg, for all those that are interested will be played on the weekend of the last round of matches in the SPL, one week before the Scottish Cup final, going by past fixture lists, the top-6 games will be played on the Sunday so as long as we get a few results together and squease into the top 6, you will be able to make both poker on Saturday and game on Sunday.

The other clashes (poker and Hearts games) are;

Manchester (Hearts v Hibs at Tynecastle) - I think I'll leave this one...

Newcastle (Scottish Cup v unknown)

Luton (Dundee United away is on the Sunday)

Glasgow (if we're in top-6, no problems)

Swansea (close season)

Grand Final (next season)

I went to Newcastle last year, I hope to go again this year, the draw for the Scottish Cup (if directly after the 3rd round) should be drawn at the end of November/very start of December.

Luton is a bit far, it seems to be a top venue though.

Glasgow, it's the closest venue,

-if the odds of Hearts reaching the top 6 is 50/50,

-the odds of getting a home game on that date is 60/40,

-which means the odds of potentially missing the last game of the season (Hearts bottom 6 and a home game to finish) is 30/70.

The Sky Poker Tour 2009/10

Sadly no Edinburgh this year. :43: It will be the Alea (???) in Glasgow.

There will be 5 legs, Manchester 7 Nov, Newcastle 9 Jan, Luton 6 Mar, Glasgow 8 May, Swansea 10 July and the Grand Final in Nottingham on the 11/12 of September 2010.

Seats to the five legs will be worth ?100 however there is no direct buyins, there's 125 seats available on sky and 5 seats available from a satellite at the venue, probably the week/night before. 20 seats are also allocated to presenters, media and pro's.

The top 3 finishers from each of the 5 legs will win seats to the Grand Final, the GF seats are worth ?250.

The Glasgow leg, for all those that are interested will be played on the weekend of the last round of matches in the SPL, one week before the Scottish Cup final, going by past fixture lists, the top-6 games will be played on the Sunday so as long as we get a few results together and squease into the top 6, you will be able to make both poker on Saturday and game on Sunday.

The other clashes (poker and Hearts games) are;

Manchester (Hearts v Hibs at Tynecastle) - I think I'll leave this one...

Newcastle (Scottish Cup v unknown)

Luton (Dundee United away is on the Sunday)

Glasgow (if we're in top-6, no problems)

Swansea (close season)

Grand Final (next season)

I went to Newcastle last year, I hope to go again this year, the draw for the Scottish Cup (if directly after the 3rd round) should be drawn at the end of November/very start of December.

Luton is a bit far, it seems to be a top venue though.

Glasgow, it's the closest venue,

-if the odds of Hearts reaching the top 6 is 50/50,

-the odds of getting a home game on that date is 60/40,

-which means the odds of potentially missing the last game of the season (Hearts bottom 6 and a home game to finish) is 30/70.

I played the Edinburgh and Newcastle legs last year. They were good fun.

However I dont understand why the buy in had increased from 50 to 100 and kept the same structure. 5000chips with a 1/2 hour clock.

Better value games out there for example the ?75.00 APAT tour 10,000chips 45min clock and the ?100 Dusk till Dawn 20/20 weekends 10,000 chips 30min clock but the sky games are easy to qualifly for.

I prob only go for the Glasgow leg this year, maybe luton. Newcastle is too close to the APAT team event.

I played the Edinburgh and Newcastle legs last year. They were good fun.

However I dont understand why the buy in had increased from 50 to 100 and kept the same structure. 5000chips with a 1/2 hour clock.

Better value games out there for example the ?75.00 APAT tour 10,000chips 45min clock and the ?100 Dusk till Dawn 20/20 weekends 10,000 chips 30min clock but the sky games are easy to qualifly for.

I prob only go for the Glasgow leg this year, maybe luton. Newcastle is too close to the APAT team event.

More prize money I suppose, it's only the SPUKT/SPT's 2nd year so you'd have to expect different things to be tried until they have settled on one sort of structure and buyin.

There is a Semi Final (presumably every night) which you can buyin direct for ?24, 1 in 5 qualify for the Main Event.

There is also 2 satellites to the Semi Final, ?5.20 where 1 in 5 qualify and ?2.60 where 1 in 10 will win entry to the Semi Final.

I'm waiting for the Scottish Cup 4th round draw before I try and qualify for Newcastle. If we're at home I'll be leaving Newcastle out this year, if we're away - I like to go to the Scottish Cup away games - it depends who we are against. If it's someone like Falkirk, Killie, Dunfermline, Motherwell etc. I'll leave the poker. If we're drawn away to the OF, Inverness, Aberdeen, Queen of the South etc. I'll go to the poker.

Just made a tilt withdrawal from Sky after being called down on the river with A high when I held 3 high.

Had been on a decent run past week or 2 on Sky, ran BR up to ?2815 at start of night but just lost ?100 there. Argh.

Withdrew ?1300 im a fit of rage.

Net withdrawals from Sky for 2009 are now ?6,000 and I still have a ?1,300 BR to play with. Can't complain too much I suppose!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Just made a tilt withdrawal from Sky after being called down on the river with A high when I held 3 high.

Had been on a decent run past week or 2 on Sky, ran BR up to ?2815 at start of night but just lost ?100 there. Argh.

Net withdrawals from Sky for 2009 are now ?6,000 and I still have a ?1,300 BR to play with. Can't complain too much I suppose!

That is unreal mate, 6 grand! A decent chunk of your salary I would imagine. Well played.

Era Macaroons

cant win em all ! good effort on winniings btw

what stakes are you playing at now?

Randle P McMurphy

i'm going to enter the JKB tourney next week however i am not signed up to Full Tilt yet. Are there any sign up or refer a friend offers I should know about?

Anybody going to office poker tomorrow? Im tempted...

I am there. First time for a while ive gone due to football etc.

I think a extra level has been added too for extra play.

Should be a good turnout due to the lack of football etc.

Walter Payton
I am there. First time for a while ive gone due to football etc.

I think a extra level has been added too for extra play.

Should be a good turnout due to the lack of football etc.

What time does it start Adam?

i'm going to enter the JKB tourney next week however i am not signed up to Full Tilt yet. Are there any sign up or refer a friend offers I should know about?

The Hendon Mob give you a 27% rakeback deal.. and 100% matched bonus..

http://www.thehendonmob.com/full_tilt/

When you sign up if there is an option to say who told you about it.. say that Bigsmak did,, thanks!

I just finished the ?50 gtd Pot Limit game on sky, it's my first I've played, the only reason I entered was no-one else had and there was 4 minutes until registration closed, it was ?5+50p to enter.

Only one other player entered so we were heads-up for ?50, great value.

81 hands and 42 minutes later I left ?44.50 richer.

I went behind early on, I was trying to figure out the way he plays, I sensed he was quite tight so I stepped it up a bit, raising about half my small blinds, suited connecters and big cards etc.

The final hand was;

Blinds 75/150, Stacks 2755 v 1245

I raise to 450 with QT, he calls. Pot 900

Flop KJ4 (all spades, I have no spades), he pushes for 795, I call praying he's not got something like AQ with a spade, he has T9 of clubs, my hand (Queen high) holds. Maybe a loose call in the end but if I lose I still have 1510 chips, I was 98% certain he doesn't have the flush already, I took my chance and it paid off.

I'm looking at the Open now.

Won just over a $100 last night on our usual Saturday night game. Stayed sober again as well. But what jumped out at me, and this is probably the reason I rape them virtually every week, was the cards that they played consistently. One hand jumped out at me. I have AK off and I am dealing. Three people call the big blind (out of 5!!!) so I raise it three times big blind. A,Q,9 rainbow. Big blind bet minimum, everyone called, I raised 5 times. Two people stayed with me. Fine by me, quite happy. 7 on the turn, no use to anybody. All check to me, I go 10 times big blind, one fold, one call. K on the river. OK possible straight but pretty remote possibility. He checks, I go 20 times big blind. He calls. Pocket 6s. I was gobsmacked. 5 over cards in the community and he thought he had me beat!!!!!!! I just said thank you.

Played an interesting hand in a session tonight.

Had KK on the button.

1 limper. I raise it to ?2.50 (5x raise), the BB calls, as does the limper.

Flop 533.

BB bets ?2

Limper folds.

I raise it to ?8.

They call.

Turn 8.

They check, I bet ?18, they call.

river 4.

They check, I set them in for their last ?20 quid and they call.

Now I have to say my bet on the river was what I thought to be a value bet and I don't tend to get value own myself too often so I was shocked to see him call and find out I was beat!

He had played me like a fiddle with AA.

:21:

Was rather annoying, had ground up a ?50 profit for the session just before this hand was dealt and blew it in one hand but can't complain, the guy played it pretty well although I'd have been happy to get my money all in at any point so the slow playing he did was unnecessary as the result would have been the same had he fast played his hand!

Just a bit of a shock when you think you want a call and to then find out your beat!

Edited by D-McG

2000th post game is tomorrow night

5 folk in so far

I downloaded Full Tilt again last night, where exactly is the tourney lobby for this - I couldn't seem to see it?

Era Macaroons
I downloaded Full Tilt again last night, where exactly is the tourney lobby for this - I couldn't seem to see it?

when looking at main lobby highlight the following....

.................TOURNAMENT

(next block) PRIVATE

(next block) HOLD EM

(next block) NO LIMIT

(next block) LOW

then go down and click on 'Buy in'......look for $10 + $1 with 5 players (currently) click on it and youll see 'JKB 2000th post game' as the header.Register then wait for bad beats ;)