The poker thread...

The Merse

cashing first isnt a bad way to go about it tho!!

Aye I know what you mean, it can be pretty easy to get a double up after you've got to the cash and then your right back in the mix, and after all if your going to take a gamble with AK or JJ down(maybe even QQ) then you might aswell do it once you've guaranteed some money first. But been trying to use the bubble to my advantage recently by just applying pressure to the other stacks, and its been paying off for the most part. Its the medium stacks that seem to tighten up the most in the final couple of levels before the cash, so they're the targets. Have'nt managed much the last two nights though, the wheels have come off a bit.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Walter Payton
what was the team event? surley not that crappy thing we did last time as KB was it?

....edit..WE did....I forgot you deserted the cause!!

how did it go ? (team game/evening game)

anyone going this sat?

(Im a maybe)

I deserted AFTER the KB team folded and we didn't have enough players- think it was a good decision in the end though as you were knocked out early doors and let the rest of the team down ;-)

Last Saturday wasn't too different though, don't know why I played it (got a late phone call from Neil who runs the event asking if I'd fill in for a Weegie team who he assured me were decent players). Didn't end up cashing because despite me and another bloke finishing 2nd at our respective tables the other guys didn't do so well and the combined total wasn't enough.

Saturday night went pretty well though- despite taking a hit in the first level and dropping to 600 chips after my Queens ran into Kings (and this guy had raised the 3 previous hands with Ace rag) I managed to recover and ended up cashing in 7th place. Disappointed the way I went out though, I shoved Q,9 from the small blind (blinds were 4000,8000 and I had 42k) and got called by A,10. I don't think the theory was necessarily wrong (minority of hands that can call) but I had such a good read on the table and such good position that to make a move from that spot was just unneccesary and a bit greedy- if I'd played it differently I'm sure I could have found a much better spot to put my chips in.

I should be heading down on Saturday night (along with the other guys you know from the home game) so I'll see you if you're down there.

I deserted AFTER the KB team folded and we didn't have enough players- think it was a good decision in the end though as you were knocked out early doors and let the rest of the team down ;-)

Last Saturday wasn't too different though, don't know why I played it (got a late phone call from Neil who runs the event asking if I'd fill in for a Weegie team who he assured me were decent players). Didn't end up cashing because despite me and another bloke finishing 2nd at our respective tables the other guys didn't do so well and the combined total wasn't enough.

Saturday night went pretty well though- despite taking a hit in the first level and dropping to 600 chips after my Queens ran into Kings (and this guy had raised the 3 previous hands with Ace rag) I managed to recover and ended up cashing in 7th place. Disappointed the way I went out though, I shoved Q,9 from the small blind (blinds were 4000,8000 and I had 42k) and got called by A,10. I don't think the theory was necessarily wrong (minority of hands that can call) but I had such a good read on the table and such good position that to make a move from that spot was just unneccesary and a bit greedy- if I'd played it differently I'm sure I could have found a much better spot to put my chips in.

I should be heading down on Saturday night (along with the other guys you know from the home game) so I'll see you if you're down there.

Was it just you vs BB? I am absolutely horrendous in those situations. For some unknown psychological abnormality I can never give the other blind credit for having a hand, and always believe they're stealing, or re-stealing.

Era Macaroons
Aye I know what you mean, it can be pretty easy to get a double up after you've got to the cash and then your right back in the mix, and after all if your going to take a gamble with AK or JJ down(maybe even QQ) then you might aswell do it once you've guaranteed some money first. But been trying to use the bubble to my advantage recently by just applying pressure to the other stacks, and its been paying off for the most part. Its the medium stacks that seem to tighten up the most in the final couple of levels before the cash, so they're the targets. Have'nt managed much the last two nights though, the wheels have come off a bit.

my thoughts change on this all the time !

but if im at the real arse end of the tourney at bubble time I just try and hang in till cash ( I often try make a move before it is clear 'bubble time') ...espcially if the big money is still loads of places ahead of me.

Ideally (of course) youll be at least mid field during the bubble when you can press and make a push for the top end.

Walter Payton
Was it just you vs BB? I am absolutely horrendous in those situations. For some unknown psychological abnormality I can never give the other blind credit for having a hand, and always believe they're stealing, or re-stealing.

Yeah it was just me and the BB. I'd guess it was the guys first final table (he looked petrified the whole time!) and the only reason he was still in was that he'd got lucky after he'd shoved 6s into Aces and picked up a set- I thought he'd be nervous enough to laydown even a lot of reasonably strong hands but A,10 was obviously good enough for him!

Era Macaroons

yes yes, your...'excused'!:smash:

even though you left D McG, Big,Era with Mr & Mrs Oztourist who both promptly hit the bar

IIRC I chucked my chips in after Bigsmak walked, leaving just 2 of us in, and no chance of getting enough points.

....its D McG you should really say sorry to ;)...poor fella had the game of his life for nothing!, totally creaming his table to win maximum points for the team.........u were 2nd for the 'reserves' ...might just have edged us into the money:15: lol

7th...WINNER!! wp, esp from low chips.....it can be awkward later :qqb016: when you feel obliged to steal blinds.

hopefully see you sat, but dependent on Er(a) Indoors!

Holy mother of god, the worst player on Sky Poker was about again today.

My heart sinks every time I see him as I know I have to play as it is such a great chance for easy money but the stakes i have to play him are sometimes a bit out my comfort zone.

Anyhow I raise it up with KK

Needless to say he called me.

Flop JT3

I check as he bets EVERY time you do this.

And as expected he bets pot.

What do I do?

Click on the fold button by accident when I meant to click the half pot raise button.

****ing idiot!!

Got him the hand after thankfully but still scary moment that and I had to get lucky to beat him.

I had AK, he min raises it, 2 calls before it gets to me in BB.

I whack it up to ?22.

Flop 89T, he only has ?50 and I was still on tilt from my fold the last hand that I decided to ser him in, he instas with A9 but I river my K.

Then I get AK again...

Raise it to ?8, he mins it back to ?14.

Flop AT7

He bets out ?30.

I flat call.

Turn T

He checks, I check.

River5.

He checks, I bet ?70. He calls.

And mucks.

I go to hand history to see what he called me down with....

J3.

I kid you not.

skypoker.com Five00 tonight anyone?

I'm going to play tight-aggresive in the SB, BB, UTG and UTG2 positions and loose aggresive in the CO and DB positions, hoping to hit flops early or get out of the way.

Once the blinds get up to 50/100 I'll play my usual game, depending on whether I've managed a double up yet, otherwise I'll be finding spots to push and hoping I win the hands.

My main thing I'm concentrating on tonight will be working out how strong or weak my opponent is, whether I can bluff them off a hand when I have nothing or how much value I can get out of them when I have a big hand.

Out in 150th, no real huge hands, the last hand played itself, pocket 8's in the BB with 4.5 big blinds back, there was a button raise, I pushed, they call with J's and they hold.

Era Macaroons
Out in 150th, no real huge hands, the last hand played itself, pocket 8's in the BB with 4.5 big blinds back, there was a button raise, I pushed, they call with J's and they hold.

I know!!!! just watched your hand being described on the box Kevilfish!!!

lol, ul....i got papped 165th as well to cheer you up!

Just won my entry to the Sunday night ?2K deep stack, a ?6 sat. into a ?110 tourney, there was 20 entrants max. winner took all!!!

The massive difference was all my big hands held up, there was a few occassions I had to make good value bets as well, it wasn't all luck, although I needed luck to hit the hands in the first place I suppose.

Here's the big ones;

SB - 15 invested with A9, 1 limper, I call the 15. BB checks.

flop 299 (2 hearts), I check, BB bets 45, limper calls, I raise to 180, the limper calls, I put him on a flush draw.

turn 3s, I bet 300 and he folds.

BB - 50 invested with 55, 1 limper, SB folds. I check.

flop 29T, I check, he checks.

turn 9, I check, he checks.

river 5, I bet 100, he min-raises to 200, I re-raise to 700, he re-re-raises all in, I call and he turns A9 for 3 of a kind v my full house.

This puts me up to 4300 from a 2000 starting stack.

SB - 100 invested with pocket 10's, folded round to me on a 4-handed table (2 tables left) I raise to 500, I had done this a couple of times before, he pushes all in, he has about 6000 chips, I have 4000, I make the brave call (IMO), he turns pocket 2's.

board read a safe 7K6-5-Q for a massive double up to 11,000.

I was blinded down and after a few pre-flop raises with marginal (rubbish) hands looking at re-raises I was down to around 7,000.

SB - 150 invested with QQ, folded round still 4 handed, I do my usual raise to 700 (that had previously been folded 3 times recently after re-raises) As planned the BB jams and I call, he wasn't pushing with air, he did have a hand, pocket J's and the Queen on the flop didn't help his cause, I added 3000 to my stack, knocking out the player to get down to the final table as chip-leader.

I slipped down to 3rd in the next 2 hands, 2 players were eliminated which doubled up another 2 players. I'm only a couple of thousand behind them though.

then I'm in the BB - 400 invested with J5, 2 limpers, I check

flop TJ5 (2 spades), I check, 2 limpers check behind.

turn 2s, I bet 800 into the 1400 pot, 1 limper calls, other folds.

river J, I bet 2400 into the 3000 pot, he flat calls and I pick up 7800 chips.

EDIT: just checked the hand history, he had pocket Kings.

We then get down to 3 handed, I have a remarkable 2 hands where I double up 2 hands in a row knocking 1 out and putting the other down to 2,500 chips while I'm on 37,500. I've got QQ, I raise pre-flop from the SB, BB calls, flop 57T, I continuation bet and he pushes, I call and he turns A7, turn T river 5 for a 30,000 pot.

The very next hand I have 9's, I get it all in pre-flop against a player with 10,000 chips, he has Q9, I think no Queen, no Queen, no Queen, flop J85, turn 5 river.............. 7

I fold the first hand heads up, I'm on the button/SB with 43, I'm likely getting called with my opponent only having 2500 back and don't want to double him up because I've got him right where I want him, the next hand he limps, I raise with A9, he calls with AA, I've doubled him up....

The next hand, he's up to 5,000, I limp and he checks, I have K8 with a flop 29K (all diamonds) he pushes, I call, he turns 89 (8d), he needs any 9,8 or diamond, the turn is a King, this has took away the 8's and 9's, it's only a diamond, 9 outs, river............3 of......... clubs, I'm there!!!

Edited by Statto

Full tilt have a free $100 bonus offer on just now for every player who's earned at least 1 Full Tilt point before the 28th July. SO basically if youve played at all on there for real money you should have that offer for you.

All you have to do is go to Requests in the main lobby, my bonus. And then accept the offer. And then youv'e got 30 days to clear the bonus. I think It takes about 200/250 pts per ?10, and every time you reach that mark the $10 is released to your account. started this yesterday and im half way to my first free $10, and was $40 up at the same time:sorcerer:

There's also a few new features on there, Yuo can change the layout of te lobby which apparently makes it easier to filter the right game for you.

And now every single tournament and SnGo you have the ability to make a deal between those at a final table. Basically now there is a make a deal button, which if the remaining players select then the game is paused and the players are able to discuss what deal they want, and the guy with the chip lead is in charge of the deal where there is sefveral options, including a split taking into account the percentage of everyones chips, and a custom split where you can propose your own split and also leave cash over that you play for.....obviously every player has to then agree to any proposal for it to go through, otherwise you just continue on with the the game with no deal.

Full tilt have a free $100 bonus offer on just now for every player who's earned at least 1 Full Tilt point before the 28th July. SO basically if youve played at all on there for real money you should have that offer for you.

All you have to do is go to Requests in the main lobby, my bonus. And then accept the offer. And then youv'e got 30 days to clear the bonus. I think It takes about 200/250 pts per ?10, and every time you reach that mark the $10 is released to your account. started this yesterday and im half way to my first free $10, and was $40 up at the same time:sorcerer:

There's also a few new features on there, Yuo can change the layout of te lobby which apparently makes it easier to filter the right game for you.

And now every single tournament and SnGo you have the ability to make a deal between those at a final table. Basically now there is a make a deal button, which if the remaining players select then the game is paused and the players are able to discuss what deal they want, and the guy with the chip lead is in charge of the deal where there is sefveral options, including a split taking into account the percentage of everyones chips, and a custom split where you can propose your own split and also leave cash over that you play for.....obviously every player has to then agree to any proposal for it to go through, otherwise you just continue on with the the game with no deal.

Worked it out and it comes to 166 Full tilt points to release each increment of $10.. So to get the full lot 1660 points in 30 days, Or an average of 56 per day. Easily achievable I reckon Ive been doing about 130+ the last week per day.

going through a dry patch now. Can't seem to win a race, and Even when im big fave and all in im coming out on the wrong end of it. Two tournaments( one was a 90 seater sngo) In the first I called a raise with JJ flop comes J 10 2. I bet out and he pushed in, Obvously he had KQ and obviously the river brings the 9. Then just a minute ago, Im sitting 3rd in chips with 20 left in the 90 seater sngo. Guy who has slightly less chips than me raises, I have KK.. decided to just push it all in( we had been sat together thru the full thing, and the only hands I'd show down, were AA amd QQ twice.) He instant calls with AK. flop comes down 10,J,Q...thank you very much and goodnight. left me crippled and was out two hands later.

Maybe I should reraise with the JJ. Maybe I should see the flop with KK( would have ended all in probably anyway). Still frustrated, its been the same story for the last couple of days now. Such an up and down game, enough to drive you up the wall.

Era Macaroons

All quiet! did everyone lose over the weekend then!!

ON TILT BEFORE PLAYING A HAND!

went to circus on sat .....joined a huge que to register which moved incredibly slowly

get 5 from the front and the guy stops as its now 8pm....and starts tourney.....the rest of us in the que are now 'late entrants' and only start with 2000 chips as opposed to the rest with 3500.

not happy, neither were the rest of the folk in the que

obviously ill just need to get there earlier, but the bloke taking the money took an age with each person....I mean how long does it need to take ?33 of someone and click on their name......:hammer:

He wasted 15 secs with me talking about the (crappy) progresssive jackpot and did i want to enter it.....erm no thanks ya dobber.....multiply that by 130 and there explains where you could speed up your slow que.

so im sitting down peeved off and short stacked.:hanged:

that is of course the whole reason I got bombed out early ;)

went to circus on sat .....joined a huge que to register which moved incredibly slowly

get 5 from the front and the guy stops as its now 8pm....and starts tourney.....the rest of us in the que are now 'late entrants' and only start with 2000 chips as opposed to the rest with 3500.

obviously ill just need to get there earlier, but the bloke taking the money took an age with each person....I mean how long does it need to take ?33 of someone and click on their name......:hammer:

He wasted 15 secs with me talking about the (crappy) progresssive jackpot and did i want to enter it.....erm no thanks ya dobber.....multiply that by 130 and there explains where you could speed up your slow que.

I might be coming up this weekend, and thinking about going along either saturday/sunday night. What game is there on a sunday there?

Thats out of order, If your in the que before 8, then you should get the full chips.

I finished 13th in the ?2000 deep stack, I had K's on the big blind, blinds were at 300/600 and I was sitting with about 11,500, there is a raise to 1,800 from the small blind who had been getting involved in a lot of pots with the player on my left, I re-raise to 5,600, he flat calls, there's an Ace on the flop, he pushes all in, he has about 2,000 more than me, I'm trying to convince myself to call, if I call and win I go chip 3rd, if he had an Ace, would he push all in, surely he'd be betting smaller to get me to call and why is it that everytime you have a pair like Kings or Queens and an Ace falls on the flop you have to presume someone else has an Ace.... so I call, he turns Ace-Queen :(

He went on to finish 4th and pick up ?374.

Looking back on it, I perhaps shouldn't have re-raised for half of my stack, it meant it was very very difficult to get away from, even a min-raise back (3,000) would have done the same job.

Hopefully I'll be able to qualify for next weeks one, it's a terrific structure, I was completely card dead for the first hour and was still pretty well chipped up, it's quite a brutal bubble, though, 6th got ?0, 5th got ?306. 1st was about ?1300.

Fairly unsuccessful night for the pair of us as you know!

Real shame as it was the sort of game if you were running wel you were likely to get paid off handsomely.

Very disappointing!

Era Macaroons
Fairly unsuccessful night for the pair of us as you know!

Real shame as it was the sort of game if you were running wel you were likely to get paid off handsomely.

Very disappointing!

your no jokin, Mr ?100 notes cant often leave with many of them.

I got a pretty awful beat today, I was sitting in a ?50 gtd game, 15 left, 3 got paid, I had 1,095 with the blinds at 15/30, still pretty early on.

I've got pocket Aces in the small blind.

Kevilfish posts SB 15

Villian posts BB 30

UTG limps for 30

UTG2 limps for 30

cutoff folds

Button limps for 30

Kevilfish raises 90 (105 total)

Villian calls for 75

UTG folds

UTG2 calls for 75

Button calls for 75

Total pot 450

Flop 4d Tc Qc

Kevilfish bets 225 (half the pot)

Villian calls for 225

UTG1 folds

Button folds

Total pot 900

Turn 7d

Kevilfish bets 360 (hoping to enduce the re-raise all in)

Villian raises all in for 645

Kevilfish calls for 285

Total pot 2190

Cards turned over

Kevilfish holds Ah As

Villian holds 7h Kc ????

River Ks

I had already had a note on his/her name, saying "calls with under pairs, do not bluff" or something like this, I usually don't moan too much about when AA gets cracked by KQ or an under-pair but for me, a really bad beat is when your opponent plays badly and plays bad cards and gets lucky ie. runner runner 2 pair. They called a half pot bet with a King high and only 1 over card to the board. Its so frustrating as well, I play to give 10% of all poker profits to charity and you get these types of players that play so loosely and and take all of your chips from you and the worst thing is you know they're never going to make it past the first break.

:42:

I've just checked the tournament lobby, I eventuallty busted out 14th and after climbing to 4th in the chip lead, "Villian" busted out 12th, it really makes you cry :15:

:10800:

Era Macaroons
I might be coming up this weekend, and thinking about going along either saturday/sunday night. What game is there on a sunday there?

Thats out of order, If your in the que before 8, then you should get the full chips.

According to the list Bigsmak posted earlier

Sunday at Circus is ?10 + ?1 deepstack rebuy (120 min)

Saturday is ?30+?3 freezeout

According to the list Bigsmak posted earlier

Sunday at Circus is ?10 + ?1 deepstack rebuy (120 min)

Saturday is ?30+?3 freezeout

cheers for that, might have t0 be the saturday then. Not a fan of the rebuys

cheers for that, might have t0 be the saturday then. Not a fan of the rebuys

I think the Sunday game has now changed to a ?20 + 1 rebuy or add on for ?20.

I also think it starts at 4pm so you have to be there for 3.40 really.

I think the Sunday game has now changed to a ?20 + 1 rebuy or add on for ?20.

I also think it starts at 4pm so you have to be there for 3.40 really.

Thats more like it. Free up the Saturday night. If I come up I'll probably head along to that one then.:beta1:

Inside str8 draws. Why do people chase these? Fair enough if its cheap, but to call two substantial bets on the flop and turn to try and hit one of 4 outs is ridiculous. In a tournament aswell, makes it even worse strategy imo.

Makes it worse that he called a preflop raise with A5. hate the Ace rag players, shouldn't complain really as there the ones who usually double me up when Ive got AK and the A flops.....but really its a hand that you have to be the aggressor, not really a calling hand surely? Yet everyone seems to do it.

Rant over. Still alive in the tourney, but below average now because of that fud.

Thats more like it. Free up the Saturday night. If I come up I'll probably head along to that one then.:beta1:

Entry to the tournament will be dependant on you showing D-McG and Era Macaroons the bird with the rampant rabbit.

:sorcerer:

Era Macaroons
Entry to the tournament will be dependant on you showing D-McG and Era Macaroons the bird with the rampant rabbit.

aye good idea,

Rabbit out before registration

I don't mind showing it. You'll have to come around every table asking for bringbackjefferies though..lol See if you can spot me trying to keep my poker face.

Or I might know you? Are you one of the twins with limited Hair? or is that Bigsmak?

By the way My run of form is well and truly over, Turned $80 into over $350 last week, and in the last few days ive run it right back down to $130. Not sure if its part of the "swing" or if im just playing crap. Definately running bad a bit though

Edited by bringbackjefferies

I don't mind showing it. You'll have to come around every table asking for bringbackjefferies though..lol See if you can spot me trying to keep my poker face.

Or I might know you? Are you one of the twins with limited Hair? or is that Bigsmak?

By the way My run of form is well and truly over, Turned $80 into over $350 last week, and in the last few days ive run it right back down to $130. Not sure if its part of the "swing" or if im just playing crap. Definately running bad a bit though

No I'm not one of the Mitchell bros!

Look forward to seeing the video BBJ.

:hammer:

Playing a 90 seater, 15 left top 9 get payed, KK I run into AA. Leaves me short...manage to steal a few blinds and get back into it. 10 left, next player bubbles, I get KK again and run into AA against the same player. Bubble boy. unreal. I couldn't not play it and try to just cash either as the blinds were too high.

Full Tilt hates me. Its cause I havent deposited for a couple of weeks, they must be needing my ?50. :hanged:

Things are just getting ridiculous now, can't cash in any game at all. Played A 4 man heads up. got to last two, I had 2800, he had 3200. Ive got 87 and flop is 88J. He has KQ. He bets, I raise and he Re raises all in, happy days. out comes 9, 10. WTF?

a 9 seater sngo, 4 left 3 get paid. I have largest stack at table, 3 times in a row ive got this guy all in... I have A9 on A 10 4 board, he has 9 10. we get al in he rivers 9...Then Its all in preflop a few hands later. AQ on a Q high board, He has KQ, he turns the K. then were all in again, KQ for me K 10 for him it comes 10 10 . I end up running into AQ with 44, and am out in 4th. never behind once in 4 all in situations and never a winner.

Other games so far today ive ran inot Big pair vs big pair, and had KK on a 9 5 2 board, and the boy had trip 5s. Which is fair enough but when your running bad it feels like a conspiracy..lol Im now back to what I deposited 2 weeks ago, instead of having 4.5 times that amount last week. Going to stop playing For a bit.

anyone know of any places to play cash games. throughout the day?:bulb2:

Not in Edinburgh I'm afraid.

Bit poor really, it'll have to be online mate, good luck!

Walter Payton
No I'm not one of the Mitchell bros!

Look forward to seeing the video BBJ.

:hammer:

I'll almost definitely be playing this week as well so we can each take a 3rd of the tables looking for the video...

Kevilfish is now on PKR, I seen a PKR tournament final table broadcast on TV one night, the graphics look very good, it looked interesting, I'll give it a go and see how it is.

The sickest stuff i've ever seen was happening on my table on Sky Poker last night.

I'd trebled up and more on a 25/50p table to ?180.

This absolute wild guy was down about 3 buy-ins, his opening raises were ?5/?6 etc, nutter.

Anyway he did me over 3 times in a row to take the lot of me, was brutal.

He did my AQ with KT, flop KQ5 - didn't believe him.

Then my QQ with KJ - flop Kand 2 rags, he bets big i raise he shoves i fold he shows KJ.

Then finally i'm sitting with ?90 left.

He raises to ?2, i make it ?7.50 with AK. He calls.

Flop KQ4

HE shoves all in, has me covered....now after seeing his ships with KT and KJ I was loving this. I called but guess what, he'd called my re-raise with K4 off and flopped 2 pair - thanks Sky.

The absolute nutter stacked the lot off me. He then started stacking everybody and ran up to ?380 - which for a 25/50p is mental.

And guess what - he managed to lose it ALL. I've never seen a game like this in my life - it was beyond belief.

This girl called "Nikki" joined the table - they are simply THE worst player EVER and thats no lie. My notes on them are "lolololololol".

Anyhow, they come in for ?50, lose about ?30 then call my mate down wit A high whole way on 4 to straight flush board and wins, mate bluffin.

They then lose again and are sitting on ?40.

Absolute bamjob that did me raises to ?5 so 10x raises.

and gets 3 calls!

Flop 893 he bets pot ?20, 2 calls!

Turn 8.

He bets ?63, Nikkie goes all -in for 25/30 other caller folds.

River 6.

Nutter shows KJ, Nikki shows J6 for absolute nothing till the river hit for 3rd pair.

And what followed this was the most incredible scenes I've ever seen. Nikki THE worst player stacked the guy who did me two hands in a row and ran up to ?420 after scabbing that 6 on the river. Hitting absolute miracle after miracle.

The nutter who did me was out the game, I rejoined in his seat and doubled up through Nikki, as did my mate.

The stacks on the table meant that there was ?900 on the table - on a 25/50p game.

Absolutely crazy.

I ended the night down ?30 after the biggest rollercoaster ever.

eventful stuff DMcG!

I wont be at circus this sat

but preparing for a stab at tonights 5'00' on sky

how you running?

Era Macaroons

sorry, i'd logged off as you posted....which will give you a clue as to how i ran!

...Pash.

out at 30 min mark with no tales to tell. :57:

any joy at Circus?

Hmmmm seemed like I was on for another stinker at the Circus last night.

Was ?240 down after about 3 hrs of playing and not winning a single ****ing hand. It was ridiculous!

Managed to claw it back though and ended up ?40 for the night, was a relief that I managed to turn it round, was looking like bleak times for the 2nd week in a row!

Played a bit of a bizarre hand to get me back in business.

You'll know the guy I'm talking about Era, the wee 18 yr old laddie who shoved all in on you a couple of weeeks ago when you had the Kings...

Anyway he raise it ?10, couple of calls before it gets to me I look down at 99 in the big blind (the best hand I'd seen till this point!), I thought the wee laddie was probably raising light as he usually does, the flat calls didnt show too much strength, so felt i could probably take the pot down and win ?40 without having to see a flop.

So I raised it up to ?50.

The boy calls, which I wasn't too pleased at. The others folded.

Flop comes down Qh..........2h...........Ad

I had pretty much decided I was shipping any flop, then this one came up which was horrible. I still went for it and hoped to take it down so I move in and he snap calls me, I'm like fuuuuuuuuck. Everyones like what have you got I said "nothing i'm ****ed!". Until he turns over Th5h and it turns out I'm actually still in the lead, and stayed in the lead as well! Hit a 9 on the river just for good measure as well.

Interesting hand which I wasn't involved in as well.

Flop comes down KcQc8s.

There is a bet a call and a shorty ships all in and gets 2 calls.

Turn is another K.

The side action is taken down by an all-in and the 3rd player in the hand folds.

The shorty who shoved the flop had AcTc and the other player had KQ for the nut full house.

River Jc for the Royal!

Crazy.

Tommy Wiseau

The new set up of the Sky freerolls has changed nothing of the kind of psychos you get playing them.

Just entered the 4pm ?100 GTD. Was going along very nicely with treble my starting stack, then got moved to a table with two of the biggest nutters I've ever seen. One of them raised pre-flop in every single hand (bar two) for more than 2 blind levels, and I'm yet to see her turn over a legitimate hand.

Needless to say, I shove with AsJs, nutter number one calls for almost her entire tournament with queen 7, and turns a 7 to knock me out. Neither lasted long after me, unsurprisingly. :laugh:

Walter Payton
Hmmmm seemed like I was on for another stinker at the Circus last night.

Was ?240 down after about 3 hrs of playing and not winning a single ****ing hand. It was ridiculous!

Managed to claw it back though and ended up ?40 for the night, was a relief that I managed to turn it round, was looking like bleak times for the 2nd week in a row!

Played a bit of a bizarre hand to get me back in business.

You'll know the guy I'm talking about Era, the wee 18 yr old laddie who shoved all in on you a couple of weeeks ago when you had the Kings...

Anyway he raise it ?10, couple of calls before it gets to me I look down at 99 in the big blind (the best hand I'd seen till this point!), I thought the wee laddie was probably raising light as he usually does, the flat calls didnt show too much strength, so felt i could probably take the pot down and win ?40 without having to see a flop.

So I raised it up to ?50.

The boy calls, which I wasn't too pleased at. The others folded.

Flop comes down Qh..........2h...........Ad

I had pretty much decided I was shipping any flop, then this one came up which was horrible. I still went for it and hoped to take it down so I move in and he snap calls me, I'm like fuuuuuuuuck. Everyones like what have you got I said "nothing i'm ****ed!". Until he turns over Th5h and it turns out I'm actually still in the lead, and stayed in the lead as well! Hit a 9 on the river just for good measure as well.

Interesting hand which I wasn't involved in as well.

Flop comes down KcQc8s.

There is a bet a call and a shorty ships all in and gets 2 calls.

Turn is another K.

The side action is taken down by an all-in and the 3rd player in the hand folds.

The shorty who shoved the flop had AcTc and the other player had KQ for the nut full house.

River Jc for the Royal!

Crazy.

Think I know the guy you mean Dave, he always wears what look like prescription sunglasses? He's an awful player, can't lay down a draw even on the turn no matter what the betting is.

playing pkr,had T8 and flopped 79J rainbow so went all in. Guy calls,turns over 74. Turn is 7,river 4. Hate poker sometimes!

playing pkr,had T8 and flopped 79J rainbow so went all in. Guy calls,turns over 74. Turn is 7,river 4. Hate poker sometimes!

You know.

If the aliens came to earth and just read this thread.

They would feel really sorry for all of us.

Think I know the guy you mean Dave, he always wears what look like prescription sunglasses? He's an awful player, can't lay down a draw even on the turn no matter what the betting is.

That's the one, he's incredibly loose but didn't realise loose enough to call ?50 pre-flop with T5 suited!

Era Macaroons

You'll know the guy I'm talking about Era

Sure do (his dad, who looks just like him,plays as well if you hadnt noticed)

Strange move by him, to call your 50.....and he obviously likes to chase his flushes.

that hand I had with him with the KK was a killer....but is 'stored', I knew the other all in dude (with less dosh) had flopped the flush and that young guy was going to be holding the Ace clubs (poss flopped flush as well)...

had to let it go though, prob would have called him if 3rd player wasnt in.

and natch ,dealer plays it out and i would have busted him..pah.

Sure do (his dad, who looks just like him,plays as well if you hadnt noticed)

Strange move by him, to call your 50.....and he obviously likes to chase his flushes.

that hand I had with him with the KK was a killer....but is 'stored', I knew the other all in dude (with less dosh) had flopped the flush and that young guy was going to be holding the Ace clubs (poss flopped flush as well)...

had to let it go though, prob would have called him if 3rd player wasnt in.

and natch ,dealer plays it out and i would have busted him..pah.

Aye I know his Dad plays too.

He got a row of his Dad after losing to me! Hahaha. My mate was sitting on the dads table and after id stacked the boy he went over to his dad and his dad was asking what happened.

The boy told a porky saying that he had KQ hearts and that I'd called his all-in on the flop with 9's not shipped. Haha wee dick. His Dad was less than impressed with him. I think he would be even more annoyed if he knew what ACTUALLY happened.

Edited by D-McG

Era Macaroons
Aye I know his Dad plays too.

He got a row of his Dad after losing to me! Hahaha. My mate was sitting on the dads table and after id stacked the boy he went over to his dad and his dad was asking what happened.

The boy told a porky saying that he had KQ hearts and that I'd called his all-in on the flop with 9's not shipped. Haha wee dick. His Dad was less than impressed with him. I think he would be even more annoyed if he knew what ACTUALLY happened.

:10900:

he should get sent straight to bed...no TV, for fibbing!

Rage.

Just played a tourney, 33 players left, 27 get paid 800/1600 blinds. I have 14000left, 4 limpers in the pot and Ive got KK In the BB. I just shove in for the 12000 odd left. None of the limpers have large stacks, theyre between 13000 and 18000 left. And two of them call, one for all his chips with A 10. the other leaving less thqan 2000 behind with AJ....the turn brings down one of the two A left. Couldn't believe both of them called on the bubble with such bad hands.

In that spot by the bubble the all in must be the right thing with KK? with the stack and blinds? Or am I meant to raise, see the flop and fold to the A leaving me 8 or 9k?

Era Macaroons
Rage.

Just played a tourney, 33 players left, 27 get paid 800/1600 blinds. I have 14000left, 4 limpers in the pot and Ive got KK In the BB. I just shove in for the 12000 odd left. None of the limpers have large stacks, theyre between 13000 and 18000 left. And two of them call, one for all his chips with A 10. the other leaving less thqan 2000 behind with AJ....the turn brings down one of the two A left. Couldn't believe both of them called on the bubble with such bad hands.

In that spot by the bubble the all in must be the right thing with KK? with the stack and blinds? Or am I meant to raise, see the flop and fold to the A leaving me 8 or 9k?

your on the bubble as well, so perhaps caution should have been applied.

your all in was mib against too many players...ie 1 of 4 may just call you, and if they do its gonna be with an ace....and your sweating on what comes out.

if u limp as well and the Ace does flop then your folding away scot free, no ace then you can take down the pot or get mug caller............ after youve seen an 'aceless' flop.

you put your own tourney at risk...and paid the price.

P.S. Im great at giving advice I dont take myself ;)