The poker thread...

The Merse

feel I've not been around for a while (live & here) ....only cos new baby kickin in..more for me to do...but dont worry,see you at the table soon.

fred perry_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd be interested in playing again.

sound, im sure the 1000th winner will want to defend his title (Clum if I recall)

last year wss a cok up from my front,didnt know there was 2 diff will hill sites till too late:43:

Can I suggest that we play 3 games (concurrently or 1 after the other). Sometimes it does your nut in if you get sucked out on in the first big hand. Playing 3 games would find a true champion. IMO

If anyone likes a bit of televised High Stakes you should download the episodes of the Poker After Dark Cash Game. Awesome - better than High Stakes Poker IMO.

It runs from S05E65 and I am currently up to S05E72. Ziggmund, Durrrr, Ivey, Elezra and Antonious on the same table. Lederer is the token NIT.

Torrents are on Mininova.

Can I suggest that we play 3 games (concurrently or 1 after the other). Sometimes it does your nut in if you get sucked out on in the first big hand. Playing 3 games would find a true champion. IMO

Not a bad idea

but prob too hard to admin....play a game n thats it?:smiley2:

If anyone likes a bit of televised High Stakes you should download the episodes of the Poker After Dark Cash Game. Awesome - better than High Stakes Poker IMO.

It runs from S05E65 and I am currently up to S05E72. Ziggmund, Durrrr, Ivey, Elezra and Antonious on the same table. Lederer is the token NIT.

Torrents are on Mininova.

Ive watched a few of them, good viewing:2thumbsup:

im skint so can't deposit. Got $130 left in Full Tilt so unless someone wants to take some of that and then transfer some to a hills account then I can't make it.

im skint so can't deposit. Got $130 left in Full Tilt so unless someone wants to take some of that and then transfer some to a hills account then I can't make it.

I could do that, cos I'll have to deposit on hills anyhoo, so may as well do it for both of us.

I always play on FT anyway.

must try harder to qualify :2thumbsup: im off to bed anyway......c wot u can do

nict

I could do that, cos I'll have to deposit on hills anyhoo, so may as well do it for both of us.

I always play on FT anyway.

No problems, When we find out what the buy in is and when its getting arranged for then i'll transfer to your FT. cheers:2thumbsup:

I was playing the sky midnight ?400 gtd last night, I played big hand when we were heads-up, he had a slight chip lead over me;

me 33,770

him 42,730

me D SB 600 (33,170)

him BB 1200 (41,530)

me AsJs

him ????

me call 600 (32,570)

him check (41,530)

He'd been pushing when I limped previously, I tried to play the hand tricky, the plan didn't work.

pot 2400

flop Ts Ks Kd

Gutshot royal flush draw

him check

me bet 1200 (31,370)

him call (40,330)

pot 4800

turn Tc

him bet 4800 (35,530)

me call (26,570)

I didn't think he had the King, a Ten was a possibility, I wasn't calling only to hit, I did have a plan developing that I was taking the pot down on the river, if he had a Ten, I believed I could have got him to fold.

pot 14,400

river 4d

him check

I thought this is defintely weakness, I have to go for the river-steal,

me bet 10,800 (15,770) - 3/4's of the pot

him call (24,730)

pot 36,000

me show KKTTA

him mucked!!!!

That baffled me, I was perplexed, so after the game finished (after I won) I checked the hand history and do you know what he called me with?...

200px-Playing_card_spade_6.svg.png200px-Playing_card_diamond_2.svg.png

:21:

He wasn't calling to split, his 6 was playing, even if I was bluffing with an 8-3, I was ahead, it would have been quite a funny moment if I had a pair of 5's or another low pair and his 6-high won the hand but I couldn't believe the call at all.

There was also another hand earlier in the tourney, I min raise on a 4-handed table UTG with A6 suited, the blinds call, flop AAA, the blinds both check, what would you do in this situation?

4_aces.thumb.jpg

A check or minimum bet look like you're telling them you have quad Aces, I try a bit of reverse tactics and bet 3/4's of the pot - hoping one of them thought why would he bet so much if he had the Ace, hoping one of them would raise me - they didn't :57:

I am also on FT but no on wills...

Why are we playing it there anyway..

PS .. I would like to let you all take my cash!"

Can you set these up on FT?

I was playing the sky midnight ?400 gtd last night, I played big hand when we were heads-up, he had a slight chip lead over me;

me 33,770

him 42,730

me D SB 600 (33,170)

him BB 1200 (41,530)

me AsJs

him ????

me call 600 (32,570)

him check (41,530)

He'd been pushing when I limped previously, I tried to play the hand tricky, the plan didn't work.

pot 2400

flop Ts Ks Kd

Gutshot royal flush draw

him check

me bet 1200 (31,370)

him call (40,330)

pot 4800

turn Tc

him bet 4800 (35,530)

me call (26,570)

I didn't think he had the King, a Ten was a possibility, I wasn't calling only to hit, I did have a plan developing that I was taking the pot down on the river, if he had a Ten, I believed I could have got him to fold.

pot 14,400

river 4d

him check

I thought this is defintely weakness, I have to go for the river-steal,

me bet 10,800 (15,770) - 3/4's of the pot

him call (24,730)

pot 36,000

me show KKTTA

him mucked!!!!

That baffled me, I was perplexed, so after the game finished (after I won) I checked the hand history and do you know what he called me with?...

200px-Playing_card_spade_6.svg.png200px-Playing_card_diamond_2.svg.png

:21:

He wasn't calling to split, his 6 was playing, even if I was bluffing with an 8-3, I was ahead, it would have been quite a funny moment if I had a pair of 5's or another low pair and his 6-high won the hand but I couldn't believe the call at all.

There was also another hand earlier in the tourney, I min raise on a 4-handed table UTG with A6 suited, the blinds call, flop AAA, the blinds both check, what would you do in this situation?

4_aces.thumb.jpg

A check or minimum bet look like you're telling them you have quad Aces, I try a bit of reverse tactics and bet 3/4's of the pot - hoping one of them thought why would he bet so much if he had the Ace, hoping one of them would raise me - they didn't :57:

I usually fast play anything as its harder to put you on a hand this way. But I'd definately check this one twice and try and get one of the others hitting a house or bluffing. If they hit a house your at least going to get called with the bet on the river, depending on position they might bet into you and even call a re raise as they won't put you on the A, they will be worried about KK,QQ,JJ..but alot will call regarless with there house if the re raise isnt massiv.

OK

need some organisin..so post your name if u wanna play

and DMcG are u up for organising a table?

I'll play, depending on site, would rather Stars or FT. Don't know how to set it up though.

KAKAs mine

:2thumbsup:

Fooooooook.

Went on $2/4 on Hills as I fancied a bit of excitement and felt like trying to win some real money for a change instead of the pishy grind on 25/50.

Anyhow buy in for $200, Lose $60 the first hand.

Had A3 in BB flopped an A. Had guy all in on turn with his flush draw which he rivered.

I was down to about $130. Made it $14 from button with Q8 diamonds.

Flop Q45.

The SB checks.

I check behind (disguises the fact I've hit). They lead out pot for $36 on safe looking turn. I ship for my remaining $110.

They call me with 77 and I hold and double through to $260.

Nice.

As I said feeling a bit frisky so when the cut off makes it $12 to go and I look at 78 suited I think squeeze this one!

I make it $39 to play.

He calls.

Flop 789.

They check to me. I bet pot of $80 and they ship it. I call and they turn over 56 suited for flopped straight and I don't improve.

Brutal flop.

sound, im sure the 1000th winner will want to defend his title (Clum if I recall)

last year wss a cok up from my front,didnt know there was 2 diff will hill sites till too late:43:

I'll attempt to defend the title ;-)

1 game is fine. 3 would be better.:10900:

just thinking there may be disputes as to whos 'won' if we get 3 differant winners in the 3 games.

Im not on FT but will sign up if thats where folk want to play it and it has private tables.

Format? (stakes/blind structure etc) same as last time? (can someone remind me what it was though!!)

date/time? ...ill suggest a Thursday night within the next month, 8pm

I'll play, depending on site, would rather Stars or FT. Don't know how to set it up though.

:2thumbsup:

haha ....your favourite btw!, after your 2 wins at circus:2thumbsup:

Is anyone against the idea of playing it on Full Tilt?

If you decide to play it on FT i dont mind setting it up.

the things to know are Full Tilt always decide the pay out structure, If we get 9 players it will be top 3 paid. with 50% for 1st and then 30 and 20% 2nd and 3rd.there is also an option during the game to discuss deals. Full tilt take a 10% entree fee. So if we play a $10 it will be $10+$1

The only details required for everyone to agree on: Date and Time,The Buy in, Starting stack*, Expected turnout.

* For the Starting stack, if we play a $10+$1 it will be 1500 chips 10minute blinds, or we can pay $10+$2 for 3000 chips.

Is anyone against the idea of playing it on Full Tilt?

If you decide to play it on FT i dont mind setting it up.

the things to know are Full Tilt always decide the pay out structure, If we get 9 players it will be top 3 paid. with 50% for 1st and then 30 and 20% 2nd and 3rd.there is also an option during the game to discuss deals. Full tilt take a 10% entree fee. So if we play a $10 it will be $10+$1

The only details required for everyone to agree on: Date and Time,The Buy in, Starting stack*, Expected turnout.

* For the Starting stack, if we play a $10+$1 it will be 1500 chips 10minute blinds, or we can pay $10+$2 for 3000 chips.

FT is sooo much better for me. Not worried about starting stacks.

Full Tilt or Pokerstars is good for me. Dont have A W Hills account.

I can do Mon to Thurs Evenings. 3000 starting stack prefered.

playing a 27 seated $5. final table 7 left top 5 paid. I get 22. i limp in BB checks he his chip leader im in 2nd..flop Q 10 2..he bets out 2BB I just flat call with set..turn is 10. HE bets 3BBs, I raise it up he re raises, he obv has a 10. I push in and he calls turns over 10J and rivers Q..balls.

Should I rais eon that flop? chances of flopping a set vs BB and losing is slim, i wanted to try and milk one more bet on the turn, he was involved in most pots and doesnt need big hands to be betting with.

Should I just call the rereraise on the turn, knowing he has a 10 and has 1 ten, 3? cards, and 3Qs to hit 14%. And flat call whatever he bets on the river? sounds a silly play giving I have the house, but gives me a chance of keeping chips just incase of that 14% chance.

Anyway should have just folded pre flop..:2thumbsup:

I think most people seem happy with Full Tilt for this 2000th game. What kind of buy in are we wanting?

$5+1 (1500chips)

$5+2 (3000chips)

10+1 "

10+2 "

15+1.5 "

15+3 "

20+2 "

20+4 "

Acouple of suggestions for a thursday evening at 8. Would anyone be against Thursday 8pm on the 8th or the 15th of next month? and if so what other nights are better for them?

Managed a nice win at the Circus last night, done a 3 way split for 330 each.... all of us fairly even stacked although my name went on the leaderboard so that's all that really matters ha. I went to the final table as shortstack (again!) and ground it out, managed to pick up kings in the big blind to double up once and never looked back after that. I wasn't even going to bother with it, but was fairly bored in the house so sneaked in just before the break. Thank ***** I did!

Anyways, this JKB game, Tues or Thurs is good for me, I'm at the Circus Monday, Wed and the weekends are a no-go. Starting stack doesn't really matter, 3000 would have a bit more play in it but I've been using a mates account on Stars recently for S'N'G's so I'm fairly used to the 1500 starting stacks.

You could run two games then have a heads-up battle between the winners, would make it interesting and means nae one could grumble after I bad beat them out the first tourney ha.

You missed the Circus game on a sunday. it starts early.

The Maybury has a ?10 re-buy starting at 8.

110 mins re-buys allowed!

Circus has been moved back to the evening again, back starting at 8. They're doing the value added envelopes again as well which makes it a decent game, but I quite liked having a game that finished relatively early.

I think most people seem happy with Full Tilt for this 2000th game. What kind of buy in are we wanting?

$5+1 (1500chips)

$5+2 (3000chips)

10+1 "

10+2 "

15+1.5 "

15+3 "

20+2 "

20+4 "

Acouple of suggestions for a thursday evening at 8. Would anyone be against Thursday 8pm on the 8th or the 15th of next month? and if so what other nights are better for them?

Id be happy with

Full Tilt

1 game and its done.

$10

1500 or 3000 starting chips

8pm

thurs 15th (I can make 8th as well though)

Id be happy with

Full Tilt

1 game and its done.

$10

8pm

me too. if we can try and get everyone or majority to agree by the end of the week i will set it up as you have to email support and knowing full tilt they take awhile to get things done.

Id be happy with

Full Tilt

1 game and its done.

$10

8pm

Sounds good for me. I would prefer 3000 chips.

I was playing the ?5.50 deepstack on Skypoker last night.

I was having a bit of fun raising with rubbish as folk were playing tight and I couldn't be bothered waiting for premium hands.

Raised with 84off UTG and got called by QQ on the BB. flop came 567 rainbow.:10900:

BB preceded to donk off the rest of his chips. Never had so much abuse from the comment box from everyone at the table. LOL

me too. if we can try and get everyone or majority to agree by the end of the week i will set it up as you have to email support and knowing full tilt they take awhile to get things done.

fair enough, see what everyone else says.

Sounds good for me. I would prefer 3000 chips.

I was playing the ?5.50 deepstack on Skypoker last night.

I was having a bit of fun raising with rubbish as folk were playing tight and I couldn't be bothered waiting for premium hands.

Raised with 84off UTG and got called by QQ on the BB. flop came 567 rainbow.:10900:

BB preceded to donk off the rest of his chips. Never had so much abuse from the comment box from everyone at the table. LOL

Perfect!....I could do with some of those

BTW...incase you want to know how much keek youve been talking on this thread....here are the 2000th post counts:smiley2:

D-McG 397

Era Macaroons 358

Bigsmak 249

Statto 223

Clum's Choreographer 162

bringbackjefferies 140

In Absentia 60

MelbourneJambo 53

DikT. 42

kaka_22 40

Simo 39

Thommo 32