The poker thread...

The Merse

How you getting on bud? Still in?

Just lost about 20k on the last hand before the break. :nah:

Sitting in the 50s so hopefully cash in.

Nice, whats your username on Sky mate?

I'm having a fecking rollercoaster day again, god this game is frustrating!!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Nice, whats your username on Sky mate?

I'm having a fecking rollercoaster day again, god this game is frustrating!!!

It's Heartski16, I only play the odd tourney and double your money though.

Just went out. Finished 60th and won a grand total of ..... 75p.

:hang:

How you getting on bud? Still in?

Just lost about 20k on the last hand before the break. :nah:

Sitting in the 50s so hopefully cash in.

I lasted a while, I won a crazy hand early to put me up to 12K, I have AK, I've raised pre-flop, bet on the Q high flop, guy called, blank turn, I bet, they call, blank river, I bet 1800 out of my 3500 stack, he goes all in for 1100 more, I feel I have to call, I do and they turn 9T - no pair, no straight, I knock them out and double up to 12,000 with Ace high.

I got up to 26,000 and lost a big hand all in preflop with Q's, v KQ and A's. Down to 10K, I built back up to 16K.

A bullying chip leader then min raised on my button, with 2 short stacks all in on the blinds, I have AJ and push, then he turns Kings. That was me out in about 140th.

What a bollox day.

Played the most poker i've played in a long time.

Was up ?130 fairly early this morning.

At end of play I'm up ?50, not impressed!!

Played so many infuriating hands, missed alot of draws, missed alot of flops, slow played myself to death, bluffed at the wrong times bla bla bla.

Ended up playing ?2.5/5 just a minute ago as well. Bit of a step up considering i'm a 25/50p reg who plays 50/1 occassionally.

:laugh:

Think I'll be moving up to 50/1 pretty soon. Played a fair whack of it today and faired pretty well, despite not showing much profit, on another day I'd have won a fair whack.

Roll on the Circus cash game tomorrow!

Sky BR is ?2,450.

Not been much upward movement in recent weeks, playing a bit carelessly as I think I am playing below the stakes I probably should be.

Era Macaroons
What a bollox day.

Played the most poker i've played in a long time.

Was up ?130 fairly early this morning.

At end of play I'm up ?50, not impressed!!

Played so many infuriating hands, missed alot of draws, missed alot of flops, slow played myself to death, bluffed at the wrong times bla bla bla.

Ended up playing ?2.5/5 just a minute ago as well. Bit of a step up considering i'm a 25/50p reg who plays 50/1 occassionally.

:laugh:

Think I'll be moving up to 50/1 pretty soon. Played a fair whack of it today and faired pretty well, despite not showing much profit, on another day I'd have won a fair whack.

Roll on the Circus cash game tomorrow!

Sky BR is ?2,450.

Not been much upward movement in recent weeks, playing a bit carelessly as I think I am playing below the stakes I probably should be.

think ill make an appearance tonight as well...see you there:2thumbsup:

will play tourney first though.

Well, I haven't posted for a while as I had stopped playing with the guys I used to because of their style. Bingo poker just wore me down so was more than happy to just play online instead. Anyway, I was talked into playing last night so I did. Three hours and I shared two pots, one with a bloody ces over Kings ful house. Could not even buy a hand. Anyway, three hours into the game, first decent hand KK. I was dealing (1$ and $2), three callers, I raised to $10. Two of them stayed. Flop came K,5,8 rainbow. Cool, both checked, I went $20 one folded one called. Turn was a 2, another $20, called again. River was a 6. I thought absolutely no way did he have a straight because of what it would have meant him keeping. He checked, so I thought, just in case he has, I will check too. 7 9 off suit!!!! Fair to say I called him a few names, questioned his ability to breathe, his parenthood and everything else I could think of (bearing in mind he is a red neck Alabanan (that what you call someone from Alababam??). That was enough for me. Off to bed at 9.30 rather than play to 3 or 4 in the morning as usual!!!!

Era Macaroons

JKB Results from last night at the Circus

?30 freezeout tourney

40 left 4 tables....

D mcg on one

Clum on another

Bigsmak on another

Era on the other

all with decent chips.....twas looking good

blink...D McG walks

tap on shoulder ...Bigsmak is out cursing a stupid caller

down to 2 tables and im on Clums whos big stacked....he takes a couple of dents and starts to wobble...11 left....Im shifted to other table and its all slow....POP! ....Clum bubbles :43:

left to me to carry the flag.....10 becomes 5 quite quickly when im forced to move with the small stack v large ones.....all in with Q5 called by Q4 BB , flops 4 and im out 5th...?190

use the ?190 to eventually sit down at cash table ......and have the momemt of my night...my KK v A rag.....flop Q high 3 clubs...hes all in we both have a club......did i want to just risk what I had just won? Yes should have been the answer...but i bottled it....folded...and I would have won the hand, kicking myself about that.

esp when few hands later same bloke lets me improve....my 9T hit 9 on turn ,10 on river, hes all in again.....ok call this time....hes holding pocket 5s with a 5 on low flop....and ive ' been had'

Pah Poker huh....all boiled down to me not having enough balls in the KK hand, but walked away without losing and enjoyed the tourney.....ill catch him later ;)

poker_thumb.jpg

In Absentia

Any opinions on how I played this hand at yesterdays APAT?

I have 2 red aces.

Blinds 75 / 150 I had a stack of 8000 left from 10000 starting stack.

Raised up to 400 from miiddle position. 2 callers to my right. 1 tight 1 loose.

Flop J 7 4 two clubs

Bet out 800

Tight player calls, Loose folds. So shes playing either AJ, some sort of middle pair, or a flush draw.

Turn was 8 of clubs.

I check / call a 2000 bet to keep pot control so am not reraised of the hand by AJ or middle pair. Hopefully it will go check / check on river if she has top or middle pair. If she value bets then I am goosed and I have to fold.

River was A of spades. Doesnt really change anything.

Goes check check and she shows K10 clubs.

Era Macaroons

not sure if you could have done anything about it , esp as it was the tight player involved....seems like u did ok to check it down and not blow your stack.

how did you get on after that ?

left to me to carry the flag.....10 becomes 5 quite quickly when im forced to move with the small stack v large ones.....all in with Q5 called by Q4 BB , flops 4 and im out 5th...?190

My brother finished 7th I think he said..

Yup, cursed a caller who raised pre-flop to about 4000 (blinds 800 and 1600) i'm on the button its folded round and I push for 10400 in total with 9 9. He calls and leaves himself less than 1000 chips with A 10 off...

I'm a 55% but true to form a 10 comes out. ... I was just cursing the fact that I wouldn't have put my whole tourney on the line calling with A 10. ... O well.

Had fun though.. 106 people played I believe.. Thats a good turnout!

Era Macaroons
My brother finished 7th I think he said..

Yup, cursed a caller who raised pre-flop to about 4000 (blinds 800 and 1600) i'm on the button its folded round and I push for 10400 in total with 9 9. He calls and leaves himself less than 1000 chips with A 10 off...

I'm a 55% but true to form a 10 comes out. ... I was just cursing the fact that I wouldn't have put my whole tourney on the line calling with A 10. ... O well.

Had fun though.. 106 people played I believe.. Thats a good turnout!

Yip your bro is definatley a better poker player than you:hat2:....he made final table:2thumbsup: cant remember how he went out tho

there was a lot of maybury regs there ob due to APAT tourney which boosted crowd.....but they were fish out their own pond.

In Absentia
not sure if you could have done anything about it , esp as it was the tight player involved....seems like u did ok to check it down and not blow your stack.

how did you get on after that ?

That took me down about 4000. Had to fold JJ on a King high board and missed when i raised with the with AQ. Never got a decent chance to push and was down to 2000 at 150/300 and had to push with 55 and was called by A8 (by a guy with 4000 left?) Rivered a 8 lost and out.

It was nice to play such good deep structure though.

Era Macaroons
That took me down about 4000. Had to fold JJ on a King high board and missed when i raised with the with AQ. Never got a decent chance to push and was down to 2000 at 150/300 and had to push with 55 and was called by A8 (by a guy with 4000 left?) Rivered a 8 lost and out.

It was nice to play such good deep structure though.

hes short stacked too so I would'ave done same

Ill need to fall out with my bird more often as well....really enjoyed the game at Circus...and tempted by the big tourneys:smiley2:

Walter Payton
JKB Results from last night at the Circus

?30 freezeout tourney

40 left 4 tables....

D mcg on one

Clum on another

Bigsmak on another

Era on the other

all with decent chips.....twas looking good

blink...D McG walks

down to 2 tables and im on Clums whos big stacked....he takes a couple of dents and starts to wobble...11 left....Im shifted to other table and its all slow....POP! ....Clum bubbles :43:

use the ?190 to eventually sit down at cash table ......and have the momemt of my night...my KK v A rag.....flop Q high 3 clubs...hes all in we both have a club......did i want to just risk what I had just won? Yes should have been the answer...but i bottled it....folded...and I would have won the hand, kicking myself about that.

esp when few hands later same bloke lets me improve....my 9T hit 9 on turn ,10 on river, hes all in again.....ok call this time....hes holding pocket 5s with a 5 on low flop....and ive ' been had'

Pah Poker huh....all boiled down to me not having enough balls in the KK hand, but walked away without losing and enjoyed the tourney.....ill catch him later ;)

Yeah it was pretty brutal! The average chip stack at the final table was around 60k- when it broke down to the last 20 I had 79k but still couldn't make it to the final table. It would be less frustrating if I'd made stupid mistakes myself and lost the chips that way but each time my hands really played themselves. Crucial hands were:

1)I've got 77k, blinds are 1500,3000 and I've got A,K spades under the gun. I raise it to 8000 and Peter (who for some reason was giving me grief all night after I asked Era once how many chips he had behind after he bet 10k on the river and I had a hand- I was either putting him all in or folding) shipped it for 10.5k more. It folds back to me and I call, so he turns his hand over- 9,10 clubs. Unfortunately he rivered a straight and I'm down to 58.5k.

2 I've not played since the A,K hand (didn't defend my blinds) and the next hand I play I'm in the cut-off. Blinds are 2000-4000 and I've got A,J of clubs. I make it 10k and the Small Blind went all in for 10k more. I call and they turn over K,10 of hearts which promptly flops the flush. I'm down to 34k.

3 Same level, Small blind moves in with 8k to call, I've got A,10 in the BB. His K,6 pairs and I'm down to 22k.

4 Blinds are 3000,6000 and I've got 28k (managed to take the blinds earlier) and I've got Q,Q on the cut-off. I move in, button (who's only got 20k) moves in behind and the BB calls both of us (BB has us covered). Button has A,10 and BB has K,K. If the K,K had stood up I'd have at least got ?50 for finishing 10th but A,10 rivered an Ace and that was me out on the bubble...

Sick weekend of poker after I lost a ?350 pot on Friday night after I got called in 2 spots after moving all in for ?95 into a ?65 pot. I had the nuts at the time (straight) but it didn't matter to the girl who called with nothing but the flush draw- of course she spiked it on the river.

Era Macaroons
Yeah it was pretty brutal! The average chip stack at the final table was around 60k- when it broke down to the last 20 I had 79k but still couldn't make it to the final table. It would be less frustrating if I'd made stupid mistakes myself and lost the chips that way but each time my hands really played themselves. Crucial hands were:

1)I've got 77k, blinds are 1500,3000 and I've got A,K spades under the gun. I raise it to 8000 and Peter (who for some reason was giving me grief all night after I asked Era once how many chips he had behind after he bet 10k on the river and I had a hand- I was either putting him all in or folding) shipped it for 10.5k more. It folds back to me and I call, so he turns his hand over- 9,10 clubs. Unfortunately he rivered a straight and I'm down to 58.5k.

2 I've not played since the A,K hand (didn't defend my blinds) and the next hand I play I'm in the cut-off. Blinds are 2000-4000 and I've got A,J of clubs. I make it 10k and the Small Blind went all in for 10k more. I call and they turn over K,10 of hearts which promptly flops the flush. I'm down to 34k.

3 Same level, Small blind moves in with 8k to call, I've got A,10 in the BB. His K,6 pairs and I'm down to 22k.

4 Blinds are 3000,6000 and I've got 28k (managed to take the blinds earlier) and I've got Q,Q on the cut-off. I move in, button (who's only got 20k) moves in behind and the BB calls both of us (BB has us covered). Button has A,10 and BB has K,K. If the K,K had stood up I'd have at least got ?50 for finishing 10th but A,10 rivered an Ace and that was me out on the bubble...

Sick weekend of poker after I lost a ?350 pot on Friday night after I got called in 2 spots after moving all in for ?95 into a ?65 pot. I had the nuts at the time (straight) but it didn't matter to the girl who called with nothing but the flush draw- of course she spiked it on the river.

Yeah Peter n his pal were givin u a ribbing for that but u were justified in asking me for count...esp as u couldnt really see what I had...and I would have went all in had u done so....Aces.

saw the first 2 of your 'dents' and you were unlucky on both fronts, the flush flop was a sore one....was really hoping u would make FT as well.

raped twice tonight in cash game online. Get AA by raises i reraise and the BB calls, other guy folds. The BB pushes in on a flop of Q95 two hearts. I call, he has Q5. Called a re-raise with Q5. ok maybe i could have folded to the allin, but **** that Q5?

Then against a boy who has been raising and betting out big every single hand. I get KK, first to act i bet5times BB, 3 callers. 10 2 5 flop. The aggressive boy bets out big, one caller. I pushed all in, he auto calls..on stars you dont see till after the river..turn is 3. river 8. the boy turns over 10 8...what the ****?

other hands that have done me in, blind vs blind. i had 10 rag. flop 10 6 6. i net he calls, turns another 6. i have the house. end up getting a quarter of my stack in and the other boys got the last 6.

KQ, I raised. one caller in BB. flop comes KQ10. and the boy has AJ. only lost a small amount, but still ****ing ****ed off.

55, flop a set. and bet it each street, boy rivers the flush.

5 times raise with AK and the boy calls with K5. flop comes K 10 5....mingin

ok not horrendous beats, but running pretty bad this weekend. im still ****ed of with that 10 8 hand when i had KK. the guy was a right ****, i was so looking forward to taking his cash and then he raped me. no lube. no reach around.

Played last night with the same crowd minus the idiot from Saturday, nothing spectacular, just nice steady poker all night saw me win twice as much as I lost on Saturday, so sanity and reason is restored.

Whoopee.

Walter Payton
raped twice tonight in cash game online. Get AA by raises i reraise and the BB calls, other guy folds. The BB pushes in on a flop of Q95 two hearts. I call, he has Q5. Called a re-raise with Q5. ok maybe i could have folded to the allin, but **** that Q5?

Then against a boy who has been raising and betting out big every single hand. I get KK, first to act i bet5times BB, 3 callers. 10 2 5 flop. The aggressive boy bets out big, one caller. I pushed all in, he auto calls..on stars you dont see till after the river..turn is 3. river 8. the boy turns over 10 8...what the ****?

other hands that have done me in, blind vs blind. i had 10 rag. flop 10 6 6. i net he calls, turns another 6. i have the house. end up getting a quarter of my stack in and the other boys got the last 6.

KQ, I raised. one caller in BB. flop comes KQ10. and the boy has AJ. only lost a small amount, but still ****ing ****ed off.

ok not horrendous beats, but running pretty bad this weekend. im still ****ed of with that 10 8 hand when i had KK. the guy was a right ****, i was so looking forward to taking his cash and then he raped me. no lube. no reach around.

What levels are you playing mate? Surely that can't be any higher than 25/50 cents?

Sounds like you got a bit outplayed mate.

:stuart:

What levels are you playing mate? Surely that can't be any higher than 25/50 cents?

just 10/25 cents.

Sounds like you got a bit outplayed mate.

:stuart:

I actually need to learn to stop just pushing on the flop with AA and KK. Especially when I was up against 3 others. But still, the guy auto called with 10 8 like it was the nuts and then rivered it.

The Top two pair was just unlucky situation and lost minimum anyway as the other guy was V tight so the alarm bells were going off.

the 10 10 666 hand was just aanother ul situation, I didn't put him on the 6 obviously, and the only reason i didnt lose it all was I was sure we both had the 10 so thought no point getting the rake up. but its the weakest part of my game(in tournaments anyway), blind vs blind.I lose quite often blind vs blind when i flop 2nd pair and then think blind vs blind im winning here..and then call/raise his bets only to find he has top pair.

I am crap at poker though. But not as bad as some of the muppets at 10/25 cent.

back to sit and gos from now. crap at cash.

Walter Payton
just 10/25 cents.

I actually need to learn to stop just pushing on the flop with AA and KK. Especially when I was up against 3 others. But still, the guy auto called with 10 8 like it was the nuts and then rivered it.

The Top two pair was just unlucky situation and lost minimum anyway as the other guy was V tight so the alarm bells were going off.

the 10 10 666 hand was just aanother ul situation, I didn't put him on the 6 obviously, and the only reason i didnt lose it all was I was sure we both had the 10 so thought no point getting the rake up. but its the weakest part of my game(in tournaments anyway), blind vs blind.I lose quite often blind vs blind when i flop 2nd pair and then think blind vs blind im winning here..and then call/raise his bets only to find he has top pair.

I am crap at poker though. But not as bad as some of the muppets at 10/25 cent.

back to sit and gos from now. crap at cash.

I'd never try and suggest to somebody they should play above what their bankroll could afford, but I found after I moved up in levels to at least $1-$2 you can actually concentrate more on playing poker and it's easier to maintain a steady climb in bankroll rather than the dramatic ups and downs you get at lower levels where people aren't worried about losing their bankroll.

After moving up in level I found my profitability actually increased- obviously you'd normally expect win more playing against rubbish players and these are easier to find the lower levels you play at, but I think my personality suits steadily building a stack more than the massive peaks and troughs you get when people call you with nonsense. I've found I'm more likely to keep playing at a higher level and get my money back from a rubbish player than I was at lowstakes when I would just lose my patience and decide the possible returns weren't worth the frustration that would come with bad beats.

I'd never try and suggest to somebody they should play above what their bankroll could afford, but I found after I moved up in levels to at least $1-$2 you can actually concentrate more on playing poker and it's easier to maintain a steady climb in bankroll rather than the dramatic ups and downs you get at lower levels where people aren't worried about losing their bankroll.

After moving up in level I found my profitability actually increased- obviously you'd normally expect win more playing against rubbish players and these are easier to find the lower levels you play at, but I think my personality suits steadily building a stack more than the massive peaks and troughs you get when people call you with nonsense. I've found I'm more likely to keep playing at a higher level and get my money back from a rubbish player than I was at lowstakes when I would just lose my patience and decide the possible returns weren't worth the frustration that would come with bad beats.

I know what you mean, Ive played 0.50/1 before and Its a far more convential game of poker, and found it suited the way I play. It should be easy to take money off these guys at 10/25 cents when there playing so loose, but it never seems to materialise for me, probably proves im a bit one dimensional. But like you say, I don't really have the bankroll to play at a higher level.

Boring Sit and Go's might be the way ahead for now. And satelietes into tourneys.

I know what you mean, Ive played 0.50/1 before and Its a far more convential game of poker, and found it suited the way I play. It should be easy to take money off these guys at 10/25 cents when there playing so loose, but it never seems to materialise for me, probably proves im a bit one dimensional. But like you say, I don't really have the bankroll to play at a higher level.

Boring Sit and Go's might be the way ahead for now. And satelietes into tourneys.

I made a post about 20 pages or so back about Bankroll management.

Basically it says you only need to get hit once or twice if you are putting too much of your stack on the table to make it hurt.

My example was AA vs KK.. you would love that every time..

But wait for just one second... AA is a 81.25% Vs KK which has 18.74% (when your suits don't clash) this means... that in every 100 hands you play, you will lose 18-19 of them...

Now.. what happens if you have your entire bankroll on the table for every one of these hands that you are playing? Well you would lose your entire bankroll 18 times in 100.

Shoot..... that's not good..

So when you follow Bankroll management properly (like I am starting to learn to do) you play with only one 20th to one 50th... (that's 1/20 to 1/50) of your available cash at any time... That way, when the 18 or 19 times you lose with AA Vs KK all happen in a row... you are fine. And what happens when you lose the hand 36 times in a row.. it could happen... You're still fine

So, don't risk all your money at once.. even if every hand is AA vs KK

attachment.php?attachmentid=757&stc=1&d=1146365596

Went deep in tonights ?5K Bounty Hunter, 16th - ?27.80 + ?7.50 in heads.

I was a short stack on 21,000 with blinds at 8,000/16,000, I push with QJ, it's folded round to the big blind who calls the 5,000 with T5, the flop was 55A. An Ace came on the turn to give me a chance of a split if another Ace came but that was the end.

anyone in 5 00?

:th_love:

I just had a look for you and seen the 2 pair v trip 2's hand, that was unlucky, improving on the turn meant it was very difficult to get away.

170 chips, a couple of double ups will get you back in it.

EDIT: All in, there is betting going on, on the flop, he has nothing and you have a quadruple up with the QT. Well done.

655 chips now.

Era Macaroons
I just had a look for you and seen the 2 pair v trip 2's hand, that was unlucky, improving on the turn meant it was very difficult to get away.

170 chips, a couple of double ups will get you back in it.

EDIT: All in, there is betting going on, on the flop, he has nothing and you have a quadruple up with the QT. Well done.

655 chips now.

those pesky pocket pairs...same happened on sat night in cash game.

5 00....doubled up again

then busted out:42: on an open ended with 2 overs....felt i had to go in this fast tourney, and try to triple up, bb 400 and 2 other players in ...wasnt to be, top pair held up ....

nice in chatbox Kevilfish!

statto...:bulb2:fancy the ?5 velocity at 10pm?

Sorry, seen this message too late.

I'll be going in for the ?500 Velocity at 23.10.

I seen your exit hand of the ?1,000 Velocity, I was going to tell you on here I had a note on the player on your right, he will call and raise with marginal hands but, I see it was too late.

:hanged:

Yay, I've cashed in the Velocity II.

1st break, 18 left, I'm sitting 10th with 22,215 chips, however I'm about to lose 6,000 when the big and small blinds come round, hopefully I can pick up a decent hand to play.

The next pay jump is 10th so I'm not bothered about going out just now, I'd rather try and accumulate chips and see how far I can get.

Worst position, 11th. ?7.65, ?2.15 profit.

All in with AT, 1 min-raised, he got a caller. Cards still face down, flop 78T. They go all in and show AQ and AJ, I'm ahead and looking at picking up a 45,000 chip pot.

Down comes the Q.

Walter Payton

Is anyone playing at the Circus tomorrow night? I've just been asked to fill a spot on a team during the team tournament tomorrow afternoon so will probably stick around for the evening tourny as well.

Is anyone playing at the Circus tomorrow night? I've just been asked to fill a spot on a team during the team tournament tomorrow afternoon so will probably stick around for the evening tourny as well.

Doubt it, went along last night for the cash game, there till the bitter end as usual so pretty tired today.

:sorcerer:

?430 up in the end so can't complain although I'm still beating myself up about a hand a bit although I don't think I did anything wrong at all, even though a few people disagree I'm 100%certain I made the right play despite the result not being as good as it could have been.

I raised to ?12 with QQ. My stack is around ?400/450 at this point.

Get 2 callers.

Flop comes down Qh9h8h.

An absolute fish/idiot who is sitting as deep as I am bets out for ?34.

i think for a minute and decide on a pretty monsterish re-raise.

I re-raised it to ?125, to which he insta-calls.

Turn 8 which pairs the board and gives me the house.

He checks, I think for a minute and bet ?100.

Anyway after a long, long time he ends up folding, he was desperate to stay with the hand and was trying to bargain with me that if he called the ?100 that we wouldn't do any betting on the river and everything else. Anyway he ends up folding.

He had AJ with J hearts, and they ran the river and it came Ah.

Loads of people were saying I should have checked but I completely disagree and was getting slightly annoyed at people criticising - they don't have a clue what they are talking about imo.

I simply HAVE to bet the turn, even though I'm pretty sure he is drawn dead.

If he had a flush he was calling the ?100. Therefore plenty value in betting if his hand is made.

If he is chasing the flush, I have to charge him to see it, if I check and it blanks the river I'm not getting anymore ?? out of him.

In this instance the flush hit so if I had checked I'd have squeezed a fair bit more out of him, but for me its a 1 in 4 shot for the flush to hit so only 1 out of 4 times am I getting money out of him on the river, the other 3 times he is going to check fold - therefore money has to go in on turn.

Any opinions on this hand?

Doubt it, went along last night for the cash game, there till the bitter end as usual so pretty tired today.

?430 up in the end so can't complain although I'm still beating myself up about a hand a bit although I don't think I did anything wrong at all, even though a few people disagree I'm 100%certain I made the right play despite the result not being as good as it could have been.

Get 2 callers.

Flop comes down Qh9h8h.

Anyway after a long, long time he ends up folding, he was desperate to stay with the hand and was trying to bargain with me that if he called the ?100 that we wouldn't do any betting on the river and everything else. Anyway he ends up folding.

Loads of people were saying I should have checked but I completely disagree and was getting slightly annoyed at people criticising - they don't have a clue what they are talking about imo.

If he had a flush he was calling the ?100. Therefore plenty value in betting if his hand is made.

If he is chasing the flush, I have to charge him to see it, if I check and it blanks the river I'm not getting anymore ?? out of him.

In this instance the flush hit so if I had checked I'd have squeezed a fair bit more out of him, but for me its a 1 in 4 shot for the flush to hit so only 1 out of 4 times am I getting money out of him on the river, the other 3 times he is going to check fold - therefore money has to go in on turn.

The only way the check pays off is if he bluffs the river. I'd definately bet it, there is always the chance he might have a made hand already, he could have flopped the straight, flush, J8, JJJ. And if he hasnt got any of these hands then the likely hand is the Ace of hearts which if he's as big as a fish as you say, he's going to probably try and hit and ignore any chance of you having a house.

The boy would have been daft to call the ?100 in the hope of hitting the 10of hearts. Any other heart comes down he still has to check it down anyway.

I reckon you played it spot on.

Not a believer in slow playing anything. get the big bet in right away when I think I have won. I would rather collect lots of small pots than the occasional decent one if someone keeps rivering on you. I reckon you played it correctly.

Just had a great wee run of form the last two nights. Stuck $70 in full tilt on Friday night and played a few small tourneys.

Friday night

90 seater $1 finished 2nd

90 seater $3Ko finished 4th

$2rebuy with 350+ entries finished 19th

Lastnight/thismorning

$3 6max tourney 400 entrants finished 4th for $95

$3Ko tourney 850 entrants finished 5th for ?135

Just played those two back to back and only just been eliminated in 5th, mixed feelings, should I be chuffed that I final tabled twice running through big fields, or disapointed that I never got heads up either time? Anyway turned $70 into $300 so far.

Bedtime or more? the adrenalines pumping. And all over a $3 tourney :sorcerer:

Era Macaroons

Get 2 callers.

Flop comes down Qh9h8h.

Interesting hand....I reckon I would have agreed to his request and get another ?100 off him...hes clearly gonna fold otherwise....your hand was so bullet proof , hes looking for Ten Hearts to beat you....one card in the deck...even though he prob reckoned he had a lot of outs....bit lame he asked , but you must have loved the sound of that.

Just had a great wee run of form the last two nights. Stuck $70 in full tilt on Friday night and played a few small tourneys.

Friday night

90 seater $1 finished 2nd

90 seater $3Ko finished 4th

$2rebuy with 350+ entries finished 19th

Lastnight/thismorning

$3 6max tourney 400 entrants finished 4th for $95

$3Ko tourney 850 entrants finished 5th for ?135

Just played those two back to back and only just been eliminated in 5th, mixed feelings, should I be chuffed that I final tabled twice running through big fields, or disapointed that I never got heads up either time? Anyway turned $70 into $300 so far.

Bedtime or more? the adrenalines pumping. And all over a $3 tourney :sorcerer:

finished 22nd from 1300+ entries in a $10 tourney. $60 for it, The money really didnt start to go up till 12th($150) onwards, 1st was $2500, so am a bit gutted I never made the final table, But the blinds and antes were big and had to call all in with AJ vs 77no help.

cashed in a $26ntourney aswell for $50, which i sat'd into for $4, but never got deep:42: The difference between this one and the others the last few nights, was the fact I tightened up quite a bit near the bubble. So i wont be buying directly into any $26+tourneys any time soon, i'll stick to the $3-$10 tourneys from now were im not afraid to be aggressive on the bubble and more interested in going deep rather than just cashing for a tiny profit. I'll still try and sat into bigger tourneys mind.

Gutted, just finished 10th from 450+ people in a $3 turbo. $350 for the win. Lost a massive hand with 18 left that would have gave me a huge chip lead. all in preflop I have AA vs QJ..flop hits QQ2...*******. Ended up going out in 10th with JJ vs AQ. :42:

Era Macaroons
Gutted, just finished 10th from 450+ people in a $3 turbo. $350 for the win. Lost a massive hand with 18 left that would have gave me a huge chip lead. all in preflop I have AA vs QJ..flop hits QQ2...*******. Ended up going out in 10th with JJ vs AQ. :42:

what a great run of form...yer knocking on the door for a biggie ??????

what a great run of form...yer knocking on the door for a biggie ??????

Cheers, lets hope so.:smash:

Won a $75 token so might have a go at a larger tourney tonight. Only cost $6 so will try not to tighten up at the bubble.

Another chance to go deep gone. ended in tears in 50th from 850. $2 tourney ?350ish for first. KJ in small blind, folded around to me. I decided to limp. flop comes KJ5 I checked it, boy bets big, I push in. He then says "straight draw?" and makes the call, leaving him just 3BB's if he loses with 52. quality i think, avoid the two 5s left i'd be 3rd chip leader. turn card 5.

suppose I could have raised pre flop and the whole thing would have been avoided,but still a sickener. week and a half left befor eim back to work, so im determined to get this win.

Cheers, lets hope so.:smash:

Won a $75 token so might have a go at a larger tourney tonight. Only cost $6 so will try not to tighten up at the bubble.

Its going to end in tears, but about to play 23k guaranteed with the token. its a KO tourney so will make $15 from anyone I eliminate which would be a nice wee bonus. Plus theres a couple of pros in there, so if you elimate them you get the buy-in back as a bounty. here goes nothing.

Its going to end in tears, but about to play 23k guaranteed with the token. its a KO tourney so will make $15 from anyone I eliminate which would be a nice wee bonus. Plus theres a couple of pros in there, so if you elimate them you get the buy-in back as a bounty. here goes nothing.

First break. Down to 2200 chips from original 3000stack. No pocket pairs and the highest Ace was with 10kicker. Anyway, not over yet. The blinds are stil only going to be up to 40/80 after the break. Need to start thinking of making moves though, 2200 Im a target for the guys after the $15 ko money, so hopefully can use that to advantage when I get something.

First break. Down to 2200 chips from original 3000stack. No pocket pairs and the highest Ace was with 10kicker. Anyway, not over yet. The blinds are stil only going to be up to 40/80 after the break. Need to start thinking of making moves though, 2200 Im a target for the guys after the $15 ko money, so hopefully can use that to advantage when I get something.

2nd break. Up to 7k chips. Two all ins, 88 vs AQ and the 8s held. Then I raised it up with JJ and got min re raised. I call. the flop comes J 10 9, theres about 2300 in the pot and I have 2100 left, So just pushed in hoping he had QQ,KK,AA. he calls and he's got 10s. Happy days.

Still not had any ko money. But im alive with 7k, the average stack is 8k. 170 left, top 45 cash.

2nd break. Up to 7k chips. Two all ins, 88 vs AQ and the 8s held. Then I raised it up with JJ and got min re raised. I call. the flop comes J 10 9, theres about 2300 in the pot and I have 2100 left, So just pushed in hoping he had QQ,KK,AA. he calls and he's got 10s. Happy days.

Still not had any ko money. But im alive with 7k, the average stack is 8k. 170 left, top 45 cash.

:42:

Guy raises. Ive got 10 10 . flop comes 987, he checks, i bet, he shoves, i call over pair and open ended. he's got 9s. still had a 40% chance to win, but no help. Game over. wasted the token lol.

The dream of big winnings is over. Back to the $3 tourneys now.

Double cashed in the $10 daily doubles, but ended up going out in both just after we made the cash. Still you get a wee bonus of about $30 on top of your winnings for making the money in both. definately played this one thinking about cashing first and foremost so the 45 minutes of folding before cashing probably cost me any chance of going deep in either.

Era Macaroons

what was the team event? surley not that crappy thing we did last time as KB was it?

....edit..WE did....I forgot you deserted the cause!!

how did it go ? (team game/evening game)

anyone going this sat?

(Im a maybe)

Era Macaroons
Double cashed in the $10 daily doubles, but ended up going out in both just after we made the cash. Still you get a wee bonus of about $30 on top of your winnings for making the money in both. definately played this one thinking about cashing first and foremost so the 45 minutes of folding before cashing probably cost me any chance of going deep in either.

cashing first isnt a bad way to go about it tho!!