The poker thread...

The Merse

I think you can still cash in your ticket for tournament dollars that you can then use for entries into multiple smaller MTT's and SnGs.

You can also trade your tournament dollars for 97% cash .....

http://www.liquidpoker.net/sell-pokerstars-tournament-dollars

unfortunately you can't trade step tickets for anything else(cash or tournament dollars).

The only option you get is when your at step 4 you can use it to buy-in to a ?215 tournament instead of trying to go for steps 5 and 6.

Im having another shot at step 1 now, see if I can get another step4 and save me from having to make a decision on playing a tourney or carying on.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Merse

• Era Macaroons

• Bigsmak

• Statto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

unfortunately you can't trade step tickets for anything else(cash or tournament dollars).

The only option you get is when your at step 4 you can use it to buy-in to a ?215 tournament instead of trying to go for steps 5 and 6.

Im having another shot at step 1 now, see if I can get another step4 and save me from having to make a decision on playing a tourney or carying on.

Got through to step2:2thumbsup:

Was pretty lucky mind you, pushed all in with 77 and got called by QQ and hit trips on the turn.Happy days. Just waiting for step 2 to start.:stuart:

Got through to step2:2thumbsup:

Was pretty lucky mind you, pushed all in with 77 and got called by QQ and hit trips on the turn.Happy days. Just waiting for step 2 to start.:stuart:

:hang: not happening this time. played it pretty horribley to be honest. ahh well.

Era Macaroons
Winning is great isn't it?

I haven;t played for over 2 weeks now!

Starting to get the hunger again!

grab a seat then ...free dosh plus youll get on telly:th_o:

Era Macaroons
Winning is great isn't it?

sure is......Ive got my new Andy Murray Fred Perry gear on as we speak:2thumbsup:

Era Macaroons

great..jakally on my table of 6 , 545 entrants... and hes a Heads up foe.

progress report to follow:hang:

They have a series of training videos for the STEPS programme on the Cardrunners website. Feedback is that they are very helpful and a good few of the guys who have used them have won main event seats.

Don't you just hate spells where no matter what you do you lose??

Had a gash week like.

Taken plenty of beats which are pushing me into playing badly as well.

Most frustrating thing is not the fact that I'm missing just about every single flop I play - it's the fact that whoever I'm up against is actually hitting every time too.

Makes it impossible!

A boy called Patrik Danzer was holding 8 9 of hearts.

The board was 5s 7h Ah 10h Jh.

He has a straight flush and just calls a bet from Christian Jeppsson who turns the Royal Flush!!! K Q of hearts.

He obviously lost the hand and was back down to the starting stack of 30,000 and his opponent was up to 50,000 but how gutted must Jeppsson feel, a straight flush just calling against your Royal Flush.

It's just a different class of poker.

Source;

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/news/article.asp?newsID=2497

Era Macaroons
Don't you love it when some idiot slow plays AA and gives you all his money~!

heturnedoverAA.jpg

another stormer.....jeez.....when am I gonna get that flop:2thumbsup:

would have been minted in a higher stakes game....jackpot!

treasure_thumb.jpg

A boy called Patrik Danzer was holding 8 9 of hearts.

The board was 5s 7h Ah 10h Jh.

He has a straight flush and just calls a bet from Christian Jeppsson who turns the Royal Flush!!! K Q of hearts.

He obviously lost the hand and was back down to the starting stack of 30,000 and his opponent was up to 50,000 but how gutted must Jeppsson feel, a straight flush just calling against your Royal Flush.

It's just a different class of poker.

Source;

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/news/article.asp?newsID=2497

It's safe to say that the guy has the Kh because he's betting and the board hasnt paired, so no full house.

So, given that everyone knows that Jeppson has the Nut Flush at least - if the other guy reraises it is going to be obvious that he has a str8 flush. The only hand that will call him is the Nut straight flush.

As you say, a whole other level, but they both must have known that the opponent was never likely to bluff on that board.

mmm... Next year I guess I'll play in it then.. (I am sure I said that last year as well)

But I will win a WSOP event one day! ... o yes... Mwahahahhaha"!

Walter Payton

Home Game for tomorrow night's looking pretty short on numbers (we've only got 4 just now) so if a few kickbackers wanted to play against each other, there'd be spaces.

PM me if you're interested!

cashed 35th...?59

was ul twice to boost me over 20000 in last 10 mins

not bad.. cashing is good in this fast blind tourney.

Did you get on the telly at any point?

Era Macaroons
not bad.. cashing is good in this fast blind tourney.

Did you get on the telly at any point?

yeah its very fast,furthest Ive got in this particular tourney so quite happy

getting knocked back twice at crucial moments was a killer

also had an annoying split during the game where my better Ace was nullified (both all in pre flop) by the board being 5 of the same suit which neither of us had

no TV moments:43:

Edited by Era Macaroons

I cashed in the Open tonight, 69th - ?21 for a ?2.40 satellite.

I made one bad move, it was moments before the bubble, TT in the BB, 18,000 chips, Blinds at 800/1600, player in cut-off raises to 5,000.

Looking back, it's a bad spot, shouldn't call because I'm out of position and if I push (he has a similar stack) I'm probally racing if he calls, I'd rather put my chips in when I'm 60/40 or 70/30.

I flat called the bet, board came King high with 2 unders, I bet out, he pushed, I folded with 9,000 back having lost half my stack. If the bubble had passed, I take the chance, but shouldn't have played the hand looking back on it.

Walter Payton
I ****g hate poker.

:hang:

Obviously didn't stop you playing at the circus last night though! How did you go in the cash game? I was just leaving as you were sitting down I think.... juicy game, I turned ?100 into ?450 in about 1 and a half hours!

Obviously didn't stop you playing at the circus last night though! How did you go in the cash game? I was just leaving as you were sitting down I think.... juicy game, I turned ?100 into ?450 in about 1 and a half hours!

True...

I bought in for ?200 and ran it up to ?700.

Faith restored a bit, still peeved at how I'm running though!

Having a go a the Pokerstars Sunday Million tonight. A measly $200K+ for 1st place...:stuart: I'll settle for cashing seeing as there's only $0.03 left in the stars account, which pretty much means I'll play too tight and be the bubble boy. :nah:

Also won a sat into the quarter of a million one using my FPP's, So two shots at a rags to riches story :2thumbsup:

Having a go a the Pokerstars Sunday Million tonight. A measly $200K+ for 1st place...:stuart: I'll settle for cashing seeing as there's only $0.03 left in the stars account, which pretty much means I'll play too tight and be the bubble boy. :nah:

Also won a sat into the quarter of a million one using my FPP's, So two shots at a rags to riches story :2thumbsup:

Well thats me just been ****ed out of both in the matter of 2minutes apart. Blinds high in the Quarter of Million one, Had AQ and pushed, called by 66 and hit nothing..fair enough.

The sunday millions, I got my money in twice with the best hand and lost. First QQ, button I raise, small blind calls. flops 983 HE bets I raise, and then he shoves...I called based on the way he had been playing so far. He has A9..both the turn and river are A, A.

So now im pretty shortstacked. Sit waiting on a good spot to double up, a guy min raises to 400 from 1st position, Ive got JJ and only 2200 left, I pushed it in. Everyone folds to the original raiser who calls 1800 more with 9,10?? fud. flop 99Q no help. out.

Probably should have just folded the QQ when the guy shoved, had kind of told myself i'd keep the pots small untill I made a big hand, trips etc. But I was still a big fave, so right or wrong Im still ****ed off I lost both of those hands.

True...

I bought in for ?200 and ran it up to ?700.

Faith restored a bit, still peeved at how I'm running though!

Laughable..... you are a card rack sir :2thumbsup:

Laughable..... you are a card rack sir :2thumbsup:

Still managed to lose ?200 pot with QQ v K9 on 9 high flop, I get him all in and he rivers another 9.

:rifle:

Top pro to win the main event this year? Would make a nice change.

There's currently 130 players left and some of the recognisable names include:

Phil Ivey

David Benyamine

Antonio Esfandiari

Kenny Tran

Joe Seebok(B,Greenstein's son)

Prahlad Friedman

Peter Eastgate(back to back?)

Joe Hachem

Noah Boeken

Would be some achievment for Ivey who's already won 2 bracelets this year to win the big one. Eastgate's done pretty amazing to get to the top 130 again, after winning it all last year.

Walter Payton
Top pro to win the main event this year? Would make a nice change.

There's currently 130 players left and some of the recognisable names include:

Phil Ivey

David Benyamine

Antonio Esfandiari

Kenny Tran

Joe Seebok(B,Greenstein's son)

Prahlad Friedman

Peter Eastgate(back to back?)

Joe Hachem

Noah Boeken

Would be some achievment for Ivey who's already won 2 bracelets this year to win the big one. Eastgate's done pretty amazing to get to the top 130 again, after winning it all last year.

As somebody who regularly listens to PokerRoad radio, I'd really like to see Joe Sebok make the November nine. Last time I checked, Dennis Phillips was still in the tourney as well- I wonder what odds you'd have got on him running this deep again?

In Absentia

With the amount of chips Ivey has left. Think he is 3rd in chips. He will win unless something horrible happens.

Would be good for poker if the best player in the world actually wins the main event for a change.

I think it also shows the effect on the skill level of main event increases when you add more starting chips. Started with 30,000 this year instead of 20,000 last year.

With the amount of chips Ivey has left. Think he is 3rd in chips. He will win unless something horrible happens.

Would be good for poker if the best player in the world actually wins the main event for a change.

I think it also shows the effect on the skill level of main event increases when you add more starting chips. Started with 30,000 this year instead of 20,000 last year.

18 left, But Ivey is shortstacked. Playing down to the final table which then takes place in November(what a load of **** that is)

Ivey made the final table.:2thumbsup:

Here's the final table chip stacks, blinds will be at $150,000 - $300,000

Darvin Moon - 58,930,000

James Akenhead - 6,800,000

Phil Ivey - 9,765,000

Kevin Schaffel - 12,390,000

Steven Begleiter - 29,885,000

Eric Buchman - 34,800,000

Joe Cada - 13,215,000

Antoine Saout - 9,500,000

Jeff Shulman - 19,580,000

Can someone explain to me this concept of having the final table 4months after the main tournament?

Can someone explain to me this concept of having the final table 4months after the main tournament?

Think it's to give them a chance to build and hype up the final table so prob make more money from advertising and stuff. Gives the players time to find sponsors and make deals with online sites etc etc

In Absentia

Darvin Moon - 58,930,000

James Akenhead - 6,800,000

Phil Ivey - 9,765,000

Kevin Schaffel - 12,390,000

Steven Begleiter - 29,885,000

Eric Buchman - 34,800,000

Joe Cada - 13,215,000

Antoine Saout - 9,500,000

Jeff Shulman - 19,580,000

The biggest news for Brittish poker is James Akenhead!

Having it later just hypes it up for a while. It improved TV figures in the states. So its really not a bad thing.

Thats some final table... I think Phil Ivey has a lot of work to do to get anywhere as the rest of them are a little unpredictable...

Bigsmak - 58,930,000

bringbackjefferies - 6,800,000

Phil Ivey - 9,765,000

D-Mcg - 12,390,000

Era Macaroons - 29,885,000

Clum's Choreographer - 34,800,000

MelbourneJambo - 13,215,000

bringbackjefferies - 9,500,000

kaka_22 - 19,580,000

Ahhhh... Imagination's what you need! If you want to be the best... etc etc

Thats some final table... I think Phil Ivey has a lot of work to do to get anywhere as the rest of them are a little unpredictable...

Bigsmak - 58,930,000

Phil Ivey - 9,765,000

D-Mcg - 12,390,000

kaka_22 - 19,580,000

Cheats, there passing chips. texting each other there hands. WSOP is a fix.

Cheats, there passing chips. texting each other there hands. WSOP is a fix.

sheep dip.. missed that one..

Era Macaroons

Bigsmak - 58,930,000

Phil Ivey - 9,765,000

D-Mcg - 12,390,000

kaka_22 - 19,580,000

haha ...now THAT would be something! although I think youve given D McG too many chips ;)

Statto's guide to "Profiting from Pushing with Air in Tournaments";

Sometimes when it is late in a tournament, you get to the stage where the blinds and antes are eating your chip stack up, you need to make moves but the big question is when do you start pushing all in regardless of the cards you are holding, here is my quick guide to "Pushing with Air".

Firstly, the only way you can get away with pushing with air is if you and your opponent(s) have fold equity, basically meaning you have enough to make a significant bet and your opponent has enough back so they are not committed to calling any bet.

When you are sitting in late position, either on the button or small blind and the play has been folded round to you, you need to calculate how much chips are in the pot and what percentage of your stack this is. For my example, I will use an actual hand I played yesterday. I was holding QT. Blinds were at 4000/8000 with a 600 ante on a 9 handed table, I was on the small blind with 61,000 chips behind and the big blind was on 220,000. The pot was 17,400, which is 28.5% of my stack in this situation.

We now need to find out what our opponents' calling range will be. If we say the opponent will generally call with any Ace, a King with an 8 kicker or higher and any pocket pair. To calculate the odds of them holding an Ace, we say (4 Aces in 50 cards = 8% chance, a King with 8,9,T,J or Q kicker = 3.3% chance, and any pocket pair, from your lowest card and higher, we don't mind pocket 9's calling when we are holding 2 overs so TT, JJ, QQ, KK or AA = 2.4%) totalling 13.7%. This number means the average percentage of times your opponent can call your all in bet. But we also have to take into account the chance of you also winning the hand, to do this we just take an average % of the odds of you winning with QT against any of the hands in your opponents' range, say 80/20 which means you can take 20% of the 13.7% away because you are actually going to statistically win 20% of the time so this reduces the number to 11%.

Now how do we use this?

We say to ourselves, we are going to get called and lose 11% of the time, by pushing into this pot, am I getting better than 11%, eg. adding more than 11% to my stack, therefore benifitting in the long term by making a profit by taking advantage of basic risk/reward.

In the QT example above, I would have added 28.5% to my stack by pushing, this is therefore a profitable spot to push my chips in.

Although, in this example, the guy called with A8 and it held - you can't win them all :(

Pokerstars' $100,000 UK and Ireland freeroll

PS will be hosting a $100,000 freeroll, available to UK and Irish players.

You will need to win your seat either through the daily freeroll satellites at 19.00 and 20.30 - 150 seats available in each, or you can buy your way in for $1.10, by entering a "qualifier" where each entrant earns a seat in the $100,000 freeroll by participating in the tournament. This tournament starts at 20.00 each day.

There will be 6000 places paid in the main event freeroll with a maximum of 25,000 entrants, 4001-6000 wins $5, a final table appearance guarentees $652 and the winner will recieve $10,000!!

I might have a go at this. Sunday the 2nd of August at 19.00.

There is a wee ?250 free roll on Sky at 7. The password is sleepstack.

I've just entered that, there is quite a few good tourney's on tonight, I'm in the $1.10 freeroll qualifier on PS at 8pm, I won a satellite to the 9pm Open on sky, I've got the freeroll now at 7pm, I've always wanted to try the 2 mini-view games on sky on a Friday night, if you cash in both, sky doubles your total winnings, they are 9.40 and 9.45.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I've just entered that, there is quite a few good tourney's on tonight, I'm in the $1.10 freeroll qualifier on PS at 8pm, I won a satellite to the 9pm Open on sky, I've got the freeroll now at 7pm, I've always wanted to try the 2 mini-view games on sky on a Friday night, if you cash in both, sky doubles your total winnings, they are 9.40 and 9.45.

How you getting on bud? Still in?

Just lost about 20k on the last hand before the break. :nah:

Sitting in the 50s so hopefully cash in.